SpongeBob SquarePants

Weekdays 5:00 PM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1524)

• A classic cult favorite

There's only a few cartoons out there that will always be remembered and be a timeless favorite for generations to come. There was Mickey Mouse, there was The Flinstones, there was Bugs Bunny, and then there's SpongeBob SquarePants (duh).

What can I say about SpongeBob? I love it, you love it, kids love it, parents love it, teens love it, adults love it, Nickelodeon loves it, celebrities love it, hell even the Obama family loves it. This right here is the Nicktoon that is Nick's main cash cow franchise that gave the Rugrats a run for their money. Over 200+ episodes, a 10th season in the works, 15 years on the air, a movie, a sequel to said movie, and it's still growing strong with no signs of stopping. And it's the only Nicktoon that started in the 1990's to still be airing.

No matter how absurd the general plot was people still loved it because it was something new and fresh by the time it premiered. What were the odds of finding a cartoon that takes place underwater in 1999? The odds were probable when Stephen Hillenburg (animator and marine biologist) was developing a show for Nickelodeon after Rocko's Modern Life (which Hillenburg worked on) got cancelled. But who knew from day 1 that the show would turn into a worldwide phenomenon?

This is notably one of Nickelodeon's funnier animated shows, thanks to the first 3 seasons. Most fans liked the original Hillenburg era the best and that after the film the show started going downhill and I don't blame them. The newer episodes by Paul Tibbit are notorious for being boring, unfunny, disgusting, or mean-spirited. If not for these episodes, I would've given this show a higher score

However, it's still great for not just seasons 1-3 but for becoming one of the most iconic trademarks in television history.

Seasons 1-3 and movie: 9.5/10

Seasons 4-9: 6/10

Legacy: 10/10

Overall: 8.5

RECOMMENDED
  • Under the sea

How time has been flying since 1999. This show doesn't need a big intro. You have seen the big Spongebob float at Macy's, and you also see a lot of Spongebob memes too. I came here because recenlty I woke up in my hotel ands watched the epsiode Bully. If you love classic animation go watch this. 10/10
  • Was Once a Golden boy, now a Bronze Peasant.

SpongeBob SquarePants with Stephen Hillenburg as the writer was absolutely outstanding! From season 1 to season 3 plus the film (1999-2004) it was great, and seeing how the film was going to be the end of the series would have been brilliant and nice way to end such a great series. Now, ever since Nickelodeon renewed the series after the film's end in 04, the humor and writing has been poor. From season 4 onward, the show has spiraled down hill from its prime years, a lot of the episodes just don't make any sense, it's pretty obvious that the series is being milked for money, when you have a series that's been great for a couple years and you continue to produce it, chances are, the series is going to lose quality in writing. In this case, SpongeBob SquarePants has completely "Jumped the Shark". If you want to be entertained with funny jokes and great writing, watch season 1 to season 3, that's where all the humor is. Don't watch the newer episodes, some of them are just bizarre to watch. Not to mention, SpongeBob sounds more high pitched than usual and has become more of an utter distraction and annoyance. Patrick's overly used "dumb" personality isn't funny anymore, because of its lack of creative writing and milking of the series.

The only reason why I give this show a 5 out of 10 stars is because season 1-3 + the 2004 film is what saved the series' rating. Also, note this, I don't hate the show, I just hate the newer episodes (season 4-present).
  • Why yall got to hate on spongey the bob?

How could anyone not like Spongebob? Have you hit your head on a brick? SpongeBob is the shit and always will be. Sure it hasn't been to my liking in the last couple seasons, but a few crappy seasons ain't gonna make me dislike the show. It made up my childhood and probably most of yours as well. So go hate on another show that deserves it such as Shake It Up or Big Time Rush.
  • What used to be, is no longer.

Okay, let's face it. No matter what we all think of this show now, we all have grown up with Spongebob Squarepants, the zany underwater adventures of a lovable sponge and his buddies, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and other wonderful characters. It was a fantastic show at the time, but I'm afraid that this is no longer the case. Here's why...

The first three seasons of the show (as literally everyone can tell you) were nothing short of excellent. Amazing writing, the funniest jokes, hidden double entendres for the adults (even I'm now getting these jokes 15 years later!), even the animation and the art itself was nice; it wasn't overly saturated and was nice to look at. Many of my favorite episodes of the series come from these three seasons, naturally.

The fourth season, however, doesn't quite match up with the first three in terms of quality. Taking place after the movie was released in 2004 (which by the way was supposed to be the series finale but Nickelodeon wanted another season; nothing wrong with that), the entire season, in my personal opinion, is a "hit-or-miss". Some of the episodes are fresh with the humor from the first three seasons, while some are just okay at best, if not unfunny; rather ridiculous. It is after the fourth season that things started getting nasty...

From Season 5 onward, it's been a mess. For example, EVERY character you know has been flanderized to the point of no return.

Spongebob, the titular character who, albeit a little childish, has a good heart and loves his job at the Krusty Krab and everyone in Bikini Bottom. He is now the world's biggest frickin crybaby and I feel that his purpose on the show is to just annoy the living mess out of Squidward, to the point of stalking him. Did I mention he's become extremely babyish? It's to the point where I want to reach into the TV and punch him in his face.

Patrick is the typical idiot character who offered wise words of wisdom and good advice to Spongebob and friends without even knowing it. Sure, he was stupid, but he was lovable at the same time, thanks to the (now former) writers of the show who gave him a rather unique personality. What these new writers have done to him is unforgivable. They have reduced poor Patrick's IQ to that of a blade of grass. Now he is completely and utterly stupid, enough that he cannot understand the simple concept of the game of hide and seek (I mean really?).

Squidward was the character that hated his neighbors and his job, but loved the heck out of playing the clarinet, the arts, and being away from his neighbors and his job. Though he showed disdain for Spongebob and Patrick, he was nice to them sometimes, even helping them in their times of need. You know how we used to say "Come on Squidward, lighten up!"? Now I feel sorry for him because Spongebob and Patrick annoy him to a point of suicide, or even can't blame him. Hang in there, buddy.

Sandy used to be this kickass karate-choppin', worm wranglin' babe from Texas who was the smartest of the sea. All she is now is, well, the smartest of the sea. She just does science-related things now and she's almost never there anymore. She was one of my favorite characters, but now if she's no longer a recurring character, they may as well just write her off completely.

Mr. Krabs, the boss of the Krusty Krab, was an old man who loved money. Regardless of this, he was wise, giving advice to his employees; and even generous; caring about his family and his employees. He only cares about money now, and doesn't give a hoot about anyone or anything else.

Plankton is the antagonist of the show, spending years trying to get the Krabby Patty secret formula but always failing in the end. Seeing the way Mr. Krabs is so harsh to Plankton nowadays, you'd actually WANT him to just get the formula already. Not to mention the plot lines centering him and the formula are very trite now.

The less I say about the rest of the better.

The plotlines are mediocre. The new writers are just awful. I feel like as soon as Stephen Hillenberg left as showrunner and Paul Tibbitt took over, Tibbitt picked up some random people off the street and said "Hey you guys wanna write for Spongebob lol" and they said "Yeah!" Everything after Season 4 just seems rushed, already done in other episodes, or made because they were running out of ideas. For example, "The the most disgusting episode I've ever seen, next to the part with Squidward's toenail (???). Nothing more needs to be said, just that if you haven't seen this episode yet, don't bother wasting your time.

The animation of the show has gone from unique and exceptional to just plain crude. To me, it feels like they turned up the Saturation slider in Photoshop. The music has gone from wonderfully island inspired to generic babyish nonsense. I could write some more but I honestly don't feel like writing an entire essay on it, so I will wrap it up here.

Seasons 1-3 were legendary, Season 4 was alright, everything after that is absolute garbage (with, admittedly, a few decent episodes in my opinion). This does not mean that I hate the show at all because I don't. I still have a lot of love for Spongebob, hell, I can find myself relating to Squidward as I get older (not in the wanting to murder my neighbors sense but more sarcastic and having a disdain for people in general). I just believe that the show has seen better days and is way past its prime. It's like a squirrel that was run over and is still twitching, searching for a will to show is appalling now and may as well be put out of its sadly Nickelodeon needs that money and this is their highest-rated show so I don't see it going anywhere any time soon. But for the first 4 seasons and the decent episodes found after those seasons, I will give this show a 6.5.
  • I Love SpongeBob, Both Old and New!

I remember when I first heard of SpongeBob. I was a little kid and I did not like SpongeBob at first, but then it became my favorite cartoon to this day. I am glad that the show was revived after the movie and I think that it is a success. I get angry whenever anyone says that the show has gone or is going downhill. While I respect the post-movie haters' opinions, the "Old SpongeBob vs New SpongeBob" thing is getting real annoying and even depressing for the true fans.

My favorite character on the show is SpongeBob because of his good nature, innocence, and work eithic. Both him and Patrick are funny. My least favorite character is Mr. Krabs because all he cares about is money, but I also dislike Plankton because all he cares about is the formula.

The episodes are well written. They have great storylines and funny moments. Some moments are also tearjerking and/or heartwarming.

Overall, SpongeBob is a great show for kids, teens, and even adults to enjoy. I also love the writers and animators for making such an amazing cartoon.

Edit: I have been reading negative SpongeBob reviews and while I do respect opinions, I have caught some users insulting the creators of the show and/or the people who are still into the show. That needs to stop. It is fine if you think that SpongeBob is not good anymore, but please for Pete's sake don't go too far to the point of trash talking the writers or fans.
  • Chad wiggins ruined stupid spongbob show spongebob episode Cornelius and squirrel chad wiggins acting like Ralph bighead

Spongebob squarepants new episodes cornelius and squirrel episode since 2004 or 2005 or 2006 in making Cornelius Raibon squirrel wear Decepticon CR t-shirt with helmet airhole no pants naked sandy cheeks with flower on head like lulubelle from Disney bongo 1947 cornelius Raibon got mutated into squirrel with ooze canister TCRI or TGRI zero the kamikaze squirrel got spongebob animated style version princess sally got spongebob animated style version conker got spongebob animated style version Cornelius got eaten by sandy cheeks Cornelius Raibon squirrel inside sandy cheeks body chad wiggins acting crazy imitating shows like Ralph bighead rocko's morden life wacky delly episode 1996 I watch abc news about spongebob squarepants spongebob squarepants gets cancelled just like wacky delly gets cancelled from rocko's morden life wacky delly episode 1996 thanks to shandy Bowles Krystal Katrina Linda Barry chad wiggins Marshall Lynn smith II Stephen hillenburg Carolyn Lawrence thank you cornelius Raibon squirrel and naked sandy cheeks crated by Marshall Lynn smith II Stephen hillenburg I watch teenage mutant ninja turtles II the sercet of the ooze I watch tiny toon adventure I watch Danny phantom I watch teenage mutant ninja turtles 1987 I watch Disney bongo with lulubelle 1947 Disney cartoon by Lewis Sinclair in memory of Lewis Sinclair thanks to Cornelius Raibon zero the kamikaze squirrel crossover on spongebob squarepants better crazy then the adventures of sonic the hedgehog 1993 super mario bros super show sonic the hedgehog abc 1993 based on zero the kamikaze squirrel 1994 from sunsoft video game aero the actrobat video game from 1990's come back to life what about 90's all that on teennick edger ektor clown acting like dr. Robotnik just like video game cartoon villain from Sonic the hedgehog abc 1993 adventures of sonic the hedgehog zero the kamikaze squirrel as chad wiggins princess sally as Linda berry Cornelius Raibon squirrel is villan Cornelius Raibon squirrel wear decepticon t-shirt Cornelius squirrel being decepticon hero Cornelius squirrel is acting crazy imitating like ren hoek from ren and stimpy show on spongebob squarepants crazy show Cornelius squirrel is trying hit Patrick star kick ass like ren and stimpy zero the kamikaze squirrel is want some kick spongebob ass like imitating ren and stimpy show Cornelius Raibon squirrel is want kick spongebob ass like imtating ren and stimpy crazy show
  • It will always be one of my favourite shows

The rating for this review will be mainly dedicated to the older episodes. What makes the older episodes so great is that they provide humour that we still find funny and love to this day. You can see that the writers were looking at more quality rather than quantity, as the plots were well thought out, they used hilarious humour whenever they saw the opportunity and sometimes the creativeness can really blow your mind. Every eleven minutes of each episode is jam-packed with adventure and laughs, no filler, no bad humour, no unnecessary cruelty to the point that you hate all of the characters. Patrick wasn't dumb. In fact, Patrick was just like any other character. If Patrick was dumb, it would be funny dumb, not shut-up-Patrick-you're-a-stupid-idiot dumb. Mr Krabs didn't love money to the point that his life depended on it. There was at least one thing that he loved more than just his money, his daughter, Pearl. Yes, Squidward does get tortured a lot, but that would be just because he deserved it, not because of the strange world of Bikini Bottom hates him for no reason. Spongebob wasn't annoying. Plankton, wouldn't be tortured for life just because he was trying to steal the formula.

The newer episodes are just a completely different thing. Practically the opposite, they look more at quantity than quality. Each episode is rushed, loses chance of humour, uses filler here and there and the creativity stinks! Majority of the episodes are just centred round the Krusty Krab. Putting some of the most creative characters ever into unoriginal plots doesn't work, it makes it look more even terrible. The writers couldn't fill up an eleven minute gap if their lives depended on it. What annoys me the most is that it is obvious that they didn't even bother to look at the characters' personalities, and just gave them new and hated ones. Patrick is so stupid, it has gotten to the point where he has absolutely no hope in life whatsoever. Mr. Krabs has got to be the worst character in the show, as he cares about money more than anything, including his daughter, Pearl. Squidward is now one of the VERY few characters in the series who still has some likeability, as he is put to the essence of jokes in every episode, just because Bikini Bottom hates him. Spongebob is the most annoying thing on the planet. His voice is so high pitched and annoying, and most songs he sings are off-key. And it just makes you want to feel sorry for Plankton, who now gets severely tortured by Mr. Krabs, to the point where he wants to commit suicide. ("One Course Meal") And to top it all off, most of the episodes are just mean-spirited. Both to the characters and the audience.

But despite the new episodes, Spongebob will always be one of my favourite shows and I will always watch it. So what if I'm almost 15? The plots are crazy and original and I will give it a 10/10.
  • Before reading this review, please note that the 5 rating is only because of the old episodes.

My thoughts of this show have changed alot since I wrote my original (crap) review. I now see why everyone hates the new episodes so much. First of all, SB now acts like a baby. He is either constantly either crying as much as a newborn, or laughing as much as......... as annoying as laughter can BE!. He is just so annoying in the new eppies. Also, now all the characters act like complete douchebags now. Ex: Rule of Dumb, Yours, Mine and Mine, Little Yellow Book, Good Neighbor, and worst of all, ONE COARSE MEAL!. It's just not the same great show we've come to know & love. Speaking of, that's the only reason why there's the 5 rating. The old episodes were AMAZING!, and IMO, and I know there will be tons of thumbs' down for this, but I personally find them more funny then Simpsons and Family Guy. They're THAT Good!. Hillenburg, when you return next year, please bring this show back to the way it once was. A funny show with good humor, and lovable characters.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants is easily one of the most creative shows ever to hit television.

For my first review, I'd like to review a wonderful show that has influenced the airwaves for years: the one and only SpongeBob. SpongeBob SquarePants is a show about a lovable sea sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea. He has crazy adventures in the town of Bikini Bottom. His best friend is Patrick, a sea star who is dumb, but has his moments of high IQ. His next door neighbor is Squidward, who hates SpongeBob, but still has a sensitive side towards him. He works at the Krusty Krab, a fast-food restaurant under the orders of Mr. Krabs, his money-obsessed boss. Plankton is the villain of the series, who tries to steal the Krabby Patty formula. Sandy is another friend, who likes karate, and is talented. There are no other words to describe this show. SpongeBob is definately the show that should be crowned King of TV. Of course, many have believed this show went downhill after the success of the movie in 2004. Since season 4, SpongeBob and Patrick became dumber, Squidward is tortured too much, Sandy has an interest in science, Mr. Krabs is more greedy than before, and the plot elements are awful. There are tons of gross-out scenes and episodes such as "The Splinter", "Pet or Pests", "To Love a Patty", and "A Pal for Gary". Most, if not all of the characters became unlikable as the show progressed after Stephen Hillenburg left the show, and Paul Tibbit took over as the executive producer, and many people I've seen blamed him for ruining the show. I can't help but say I disagree with that. Paul wrote many great episodes before it hit rock bottom for most former fans, and it makes me sad. I can respect their opinions, but when they take it too far, it's unbearable. Some may have not noticed, but ever since season 8 came, the show started to redeem itself in quality with good episodes, and better character personalities. I can still respect people's opinions, and I agree the first three seasons were better, but the new writers from time to time can still make great episodes. Overall, SpongeBob is the best show ever on television, and if you've never seen it, please watch it. I'm sure you'll love it.

UPDATE: 6/1/2014

I heard there will be a second SpongeBob Movie coming out next year, and a 10th season!

2nd UPDATE:

@zech: Now, I know you think the new episodes aren't as good as the older ones, and I strongly agree that episodes like A Pal for Gary, One Coarse Meal, The Splinter, and others are complete crap, but I still love the show and it can still make good enough episodes. The episodes you saw might have been bad episodes. Check out an episode like Krusty Towers, Planet of the Jellyfish, or Plankton's Pet. Those are some good episodes of the new SpongeBob.
  • Wow! I really desappointed

4.5
    Im ashamed nickelodeon! This show used to be great which was 1999- 2003 then after that, it got worse and worse. Spongebob was more intelligent back then and was funny. Same with Patrick. Patrick is dumb and is not funny. It's 2014 guys. Its time for spongebob to retire.
  • haters go away

So what if the cartoon looking is a little different, but he is really cuute and spongebob is EPIC! it is popular at school and it is very creative and funny. so be nice!!!
  • Best Show on Nick but The New Episodes Suck!

Back in 1999 this show was great but now it went down hill.

The First 3 Seasons were Great!

Seasons 4 and 5 were Medicore.

Season 6 was Bad.

Season 7 was Trerable.

Season 8 was Horrible.

Season 9-Present is abloustly unwatchable.

I hope this show doesn't get a season 10 or it will get worser and worser.

8.5 out of 10.
  • Listen to Me! Shnickel

Everyone, seriously? This show is terrible, it went downhill after the movie. Spongebob is an annoying whiny idiot, Patrick is friggin ***ed, Squidward is near suicidal,Mr. Krabs is a greedy bastard, and Sandy is all the sudden a scientist, the heck happened to karate?! Don't let these 6 year olds tell you its good, its terrible. I point to episodes like "The Splinter" "Little Yellow Book" and "House Fancy" toenail ripping scene is THE WORST OF ALL, GOES TO "ONE COARSE MEAL". Basically the plot is about Mr Krabs dressing as pearl because whales eat plankton actually krill) so it drives him to near suicide, that right there, ends my case. Oh yeah and by the way, the writers who write this crap are zeus cervas, and casey alexander, both narcissistic ***s.
  • BOO SPONGEBOB!!

ABCDEFG, SpongeBob is my enemy.
  • Its has died right?

This used to be a very popular carton that was talked about around a very large group of an old and young dempgrahic. Slid after the movie was a hit. have not watched it since October 27th 2010. It made new comedy, jokes, plot lines not seen in other cartoons. It had mature jokes that a 12 year old and even a 35 year old could laugh at. It was fresh, every episode used to be an adventure. After 2004 it slowly creeped into a forgotten place on Nickalodeon line up. It was a "glory days" Nickalodean type of cartoon. Its not anymore. Its a bit dead.
  • Spongebob Squarepants

This show was practically my childhood.
  • spongebob fan

spongebob is a very hilariuos show. It has been a show on tv for 15 years. And there has been an internet hoax , sponge bob is not being cancled no matter how sure you are that it has died your wrong!!!!
  • spongebob

Love this show.
  • Top Show - #1 show

Most ep (99-14)
  • It was great for the first three seasons and movie, but started to lose its qualities in Season 4.

When SpongeBob came out in 1999, it was a very popular show on Nickelodeon. I would look forward watching it at 2 . after the Nick Jr. block ended. Whenever the Band Geeks episode came on, I was as happy as I could be. I was a very big fan back in the day. But when it got revived in 2005, the show got new writers and staff and the show would never be the same as it was in the before time. Everyone we knew and loved was flanderized. SpongeBob turned from a mature and a little childish grownup into a little kid who is obsessed with stalking and annoying Squidward. Patrick turned from a lovable, dumb oaf into a jerky, dumb and a little smart, annoying oaf. Squidward in the first three seasons was a grumpy neighbor who kind of liked SpongeBob when he was annoying. Now he's a depressed, grumpy neighbor who always gets annoyed at SpongeBob and doesn't have a heart for SpongeBob. Sandy focuses more on inventing and science than being the karate tomboy we knew in the first three seasons. And last but not least, Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs turned from a money-loving boss who at least cared for his employees into a full-on money-obsessed boss who cares more about making money than his employees. In SpongeBob, You're Fired, he fired SpongeBob to save a nickel. A NICKEL!!! 5 CENTS!!!!! Also, in Season 4 and 5, he and Plankton were best friends and also enemies, but now in Season 6 and beyond, he straight-on hates Plankton, even laughs at his misery of not having a single customer! And by the way, did I mention that Season 6 is my least favorite season? It's full of gross-out gags, awkward jokes, dumb plots, SpongeBob being a Squidward-obsessed stalker, Mr. Krabs being a Plankton hater, antagonists never getting any comeuppance, and maybe even overly long gags that make you think that Seth MacFarlane wrote for this show! SpongeBob started out good, but then hit rock bottom starting in Season 4.

Seasons 1-3: 10/10

Seasons 4-present: 4/10

Average Rating: 7/10
  • Seasons 1-3 are good, after that it isn't.

What happened to SpongeBob? It used to be so good! But now it's a pile of trash.

Here's the thing: Seasons 1-3 were, and are, great. The said three seasons had wonderful, great, clever, and charming humor. They always knew their way around a joke (and a good plot).

But after the film, which was also great, the show got a new production team who neither knew their way around a joke, or a full 11 minute plot.

And so forth, came the fourth season, which was honestly ok, but the show got notably messed up a bit by the new production team, changing the characters, as well as some of their voices. *cough*SpongeBob*cough*.

Season 5 was when the show started to get really out of hand, with the new production team vandalizing the face of the classic SpongeBob from seasons 1-3. The plots were becoming very, very, very boring. However, this show wouldn't be completely ruined until a little while longer, which I will now be getting to.

Season 6 was when shit hit the fan. This was the final straw. This was the season I stopped watching SpongeBob. After seeing Gullible Pants, I stopped being a fan. Today the show's in it's ninth season and looks no better. This is why Nick shouldn't stretch their shows longer than three seasons.

Now to run down on the five and a half seasons I watched before giving up midway through the show's sixth season.

The first three seasons (1999-2004) were great.

The fourth season (2005-2007) was ok.

The fifth season (2007-2008) was where the signs of the show dying started.

And the sixth season (2008-2009), was the point of the show's death.

Seasons 7-9 (2009-present), from what I seen, is Zombie SpongeBob.

Seasons 1-3, I recommend. Season 4 is also bearable. Seasons 5 and 6 watch at your own risk. Seasons 7-9, unless if you want to lose brain cells, DON'T WATCH.
  • Spongebob Life

(5-1-99 - Present) Quite and achievement isnt it. Session 9- is rated a 3 only for the fact that it sucks. Here are the top 5 worst nnickelodeon shows that aired since 2013. and Cat Thundermans and Creig (Sry for the miss spell) Guppie

------------------------------------

Focas on the top 3 best shows of all time that are going to end if you dont watch It. OddParents

------------------------------------

And we all know the hit show that is reuniting in a year.

Drake&Josh

------------------------------------

So Nickelodeon yoy have a choice you can keep it up with the crap of the new shows or focas on your main Shows.

------------------------------------

NICKELODEON IT'S YOUR CHOICE NOW! LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!
  • Favorite show ever since I was a child.

Despite all the inexcusable garbage currently aired on Nickelodeon, this show is one of the most decent ones. Ever since I was a very small child, I've always loved this show. The art design is colorful, the plots are quite original and very creative at that, and this show is THE best show ever to hit the air.
  • Keep Spongebob forever!

Kick Sanjay and Craig out and write better spongey for the future please! I've waited for it to air in 1999 and will be dedicated fan for life.. I got disappointed after season 6 ... But it still funny :)
  • I Don't Care!

NOTE: I used my alt email to become a member of this site. That way if something goes wrong with this one, I won't care or worry because I don't have any important or personal stuff on it. Just complete spam from which ever other site I used it for.

I don't care if whatever new episode of Spongebob to you guys is complete trash because I love it more than the old ones. I love how dumb he is. Okay agreed Mr. Krabs is cheap, but I find it amusing.

Squidward is more or less the same. I don't know why some think he might have changed. It was only one episode that Squidward actually helped Spongebob out. I've noticed that Sandy and Larry aren't in the episode any more. Plankton is the same. Citizens are the same. Patrick is selfish and mean.

What else, I guess I have covered up everything. Yes I have noticed how every character has changed, but you know what I like this. To me the older episodes were really boring. From time to time some were good, but I stopped watching Spongebob after a while.

When newer ones came out that's when I liked the series. Okay I hate the gross episodes with a disgusting krabby patty Spongebob fell in love with. Some episodes agreed are horrible.

There'll be bad episodes and good ones. My favourite episode was when Mrs. Puff tried to murder Spongebob. It was funny to me. Sometimes Spongebob doesn't know when somebody is insulting him.

It's fun when I watch these episodes because for me life is a pain. I have so much to do and to see something that I don't have to think about is fun for me. I can just relax and watch dumb stuff on TV.

If you guys are so concern about Spongebob only, then wake-up and see everything around you. If anything else watching TV is free. Video game companies make bad games.

I actually one time bought something that looked so cool on TV, but not challenging and fun at all. I was disappointed with how little effort was put into video games. I cared because it was a waste of my time and money spent.

Now days, I even have trouble deciding which game to buy because recently they suck. I meanthat's something to care about. Watching Spongebob on TV is free!

Think about it, you are not losing your hard earned money to it. Just be grateful for that. Crap or not, it's free! I recently read that one of the people all of you have been talking about is reading reviews of how the series is going.

If I'm correct, work may be done to improve the series. You guys have nothing to worry about. My real reason why I came was to give ideas to the cast for the next Spongebob movie.

They are most likely to read the recent reviews of their series. Okay now I went on their wiki, but sign-ups are closed due to spammers so I'll have to drop it down here.

Here's their plot:

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Sequel, Spongebob The Movie 2, or Spongebob 2. Is a 2014 American animated movie sequel to the 2004 Spongebob movie.

Plot This story begins with Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy working at the Krusty Krab 2 While Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Pearl at the Krusty Krab celebrated for Plankton in jail forever. Meanwhile at Bikini Bottom Jail Plankton swears revenge on Spongebob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, and Mr. Krabs, but first he has got to find a way out of jail so he uses his one of his antennas to scratch out the police notice he is gone so the siren rings and BBN(Bikini Bottom News) show that Plankton is out of jail after the two Krusty Krabs hear about this they shut down the restraunts to run away from Plankton they run to the following places:

-Rock Bottom(Second time shown since 2000)

-New Kelp City(Second time seen since 2008)

Plankton then attempts plan Z-2. Meanwhile, the gang feel so relaxed where they decide to live there forever but Pearl's radio says criminals Spongebob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, and Mr. Krabs have escaped town and freed Plankton. They all freak out but then they try to go home and clear their names but Plankton have the police surrounding town so they try to escape the but instead of coming close to to town they go farther, they realize that they're lost so they just decide to lie down and rot and then monsters come to give them a ride home. Meanwhile in Bikini Bottom Plankton is king of everyone hears the monsters coming

Now what's written in their plot is incredible short so here are my suggestions for Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2 :

The running away part from this plot line is stupid. It just is. I'm paying hard earned money for this so I expect something better.

Another thing is why do you want Plankton escape jail? Why does the villain have to be Plankton? Ah you guys didn't think of that.

No if this sequel is to ever work well, you need a new villain. Let's say this villain is somebody worst than Plankton. Somebody Krabs let down even worst than Plankton.

Maybe during the time Plankton and Krabs became rivals how Krabs found a new friend. You see it sounds better already. Krabs and him could have been in a limited partnership.

Eventually, this guy got sick of Krabs. He decided to takeover the restaurant. Krabs later found out he was no longer in control and framed him for some crime he didn't commit.

Since then, this guy has been onto Krabs for years. He already has a successful life, but we know the Krusty Krab is still number 1. Difference between Plankton and him is he's a lot smarter.

He doesn't need some stupid plan in a document to win. He's been planning for years. The day Plankton is completely out of the way is the day he strikes next.

He thinks of framing Krabs like he did to him until he finds evidence of Krabs stealing stuff. He black mails Krabs into giving him the Krabby Patty formula or he'll show the proof. Of course, Spongebob comes in the way.

The guy knows of Spongebob's history. The new villain flees with a threat that he has proof. Later, the guy kidnaps Spongebob to tell him what Krabs real back story is.

He offers Spongebob a chance to be by his side. He'll let him keep the position of manager and he won't ask for him to leave if he's successful in taking over. Spongebob is uncertain because he doesn't know who's bad anymore.

Eventually, he joins Krabs side as he's loyal. Krabs doesn't want to go to jail so he gives the guy the formula without notifying Spongebob. With the formula, this villain will no longer be one of the top 10 restaurants anymore.

This villain quickly reaches number 1. Spongebob later, notices his customers disappearing and comes to Krabs for answers. Krabs confesses!

Now the guy is number 1. He is now double the rich he was before. As the most successful business man, he starts paying for super powerful robots to secure he's restaurant.

Spongebob comes to guy trying to reason with him that Krabs needs his formula back. Later Spongebob is thrown out. Now he realizes that he needs help.

He gathers help from everywhere he can and even gets Mr. Krabs to bale Plankton out of jail. Plankton agrees only because he wants Krabs to be the competition.

The Plankton working along side other people try to break in to the secure system and successfully get the formula. The new villain isn't pleased with this. He gives those guys one last chance to give him back the formula or he calls the police for them stealing.

Plankton then, shows proof of something illegal that new villain did. The villain refusing to be defeated brings on his ultimate weapon of doom with all robots joined together. He goes crazy and destroys the Krusty Krab and city.

With everybody in danger, heros are required. Spongebob and Patrick are going to have to find heros. They go to Mermaidman and Barnical Boy, but they are too old to fight.

These guys however, give them super powers through some chosen costumes and train them for crime fighting. These guys eventually, learn fight the new villain, and win. The guy is sent to jail and everybody is happy.

You guys don't need to use all my ideas, but at least put a different villain. Plankton is too basic for theoretical performances.
  • Season 9 is starting to look like season 2!

So I was watching some of the newer Spongebob's and I must say... I am truly disappointed with seasons 4-7. They were utterly horrible and the comedy was lame. I decided though that I should probably watch a couple more episodes a year later after season 7 was long gone. I was watching "Hide and Then What Happens?" and I noticed that it really caught my attention! I was actually watching a full Spongebob episode now! The plot in the episode was never used! Spongebob and Patrick are about to play hide and seek when Patrick is stupid enough to forget what it is. (Classic Patrick) Spongebob tries to teach him with everything he's got! Sock puppets, hands, trying to tell him in the simplest way, but Patrick to no avail, says this quote I will never forget after the sock puppets. P: I wish I could play! SB: Why can't you? P: Beca... Because I don't have any socks! *cries* I found this to be quite funny and I think that it really upped my standards on today's little yellow sponge. I think there are two best parts of the episode.

1. Spongebob looks at a sign that says "Welcome to the end of the world!" spongebob looks closer: "Cafe and Gift

2. I'm pretty sure that you may have heard this one :D SB: Patrick, is that you! There is a pink starfish that looks like patrick from the back. P: My name is Patrick... Patrick... Not-star.

So many good episodes in season 9 too that are almost as good as season 2! The old writers are also coming back too! THANK YOU NICK! I NOW LOVE YOU AGAIN! <3
  • Unfortunately, it's just not as good anymore.

SpongeBob SquarePants is considered one of the greatest cartoons ever made. I certainly never missed a chance to see it when I was a kid. It was one of the best cartoons I'd ever seen. It had the funniest characters, an original plot, and they always went on crazy, funny adventures. Unfortunately, the show is far past it's prime.

If I were to rate the first three seasons of SpongeBob than it would have a perfect 10. But the show has just fallen from grace since being revived. It's not bad, its just pretty obvious that the writers are running out of good ideas. Just like Fairly Odd Parents, SpongeBob was cancelled, then it was brought back for more seasons. When that happened, the show started to go a little south. Again, not to the point where it's bad, it's just not as good as it was. The characters haven't changed (Thank God!), except for maybe Mr. Crabs who got more greedy, if that's even possible. But the art style is different than what it was, and the animation doesn't seem nearly as energetic as it used to be. And... neither really look that good.

Apart from those, there isn't really much more to say. SpongeBob SquarePants was a once legendary cartoon, that unfortunately went a little downhill since getting a new team of writers and different animation. But it's still a great show for kids, and it's still by far the best show on Nickelodeon right now.
  • spongebob has not completely went downhill

Spongebob is defo not what it was, but that does not mean its completely un-watchable. Ill admit part of the show got really bad at one point but lately the show is starting to slowly but surely pick up again.

Season 1 - great season with lots of laughs and a perfect start to a show. Characters aren't yet developed fully but still a great season 9/10

Season 2 - fantastic season and where the show truly hits their stride and comes up with great episodes and humour 10/10

Season 3 - yet again another perfect season with even more funny ideas, jokes etc. My personal favourite season 10/10

Season 4 - this season was good but failed to live up to the high standards of the previous season 7/10

Season 5 - defo the worst season ever of spongebob imo. Plots have became more simple and boring, hardly any funny jokes, spongebobs voice is higher for some reason, and the show itself turned fully childish 4/10

Season 6 - not that much different from the last season 5/10

Season 7 - humour starts to pick up again but only slightly and not enough to convince me its even as good as season 4. 6/10

Season 8 - best season since season 3! I wouldn't say this season matches their glory days but it is not too far off and this is defo the best season since! Much more humour, more interesting and creative plots. 8/10

Haven't seen season 9 yet

So ill admit it is not as great as it was but at least it is starting to pick up again.
  • This show has definetly gone downhill

Alright I'm just going to put it out there to Disney4life, I disagree about every old episode being a hit. Examples would be The Sponge Who Could Fly, Party Pooper Pants, and I'm With Stupid was just okay. Season 4 was okay but after that it turned horrible. The only good characters in this show now are Gary and Squidward.