SpongeBob SquarePants

Weekdays 5:00 PM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1513)

• Top Show - #1 show

Most ep (99-14)
  • It was great for the first three seasons and movie, but started to lose its qualities in Season 4.

When SpongeBob came out in 1999, it was a very popular show on Nickelodeon. I would look forward watching it at 2 . after the Nick Jr. block ended. Whenever the Band Geeks episode came on, I was as happy as I could be. I was a very big fan back in the day. But when it got revived in 2005, the show got new writers and staff and the show would never be the same as it was in the before time. Everyone we knew and loved was flanderized. SpongeBob turned from a mature and a little childish grownup into a little kid who is obsessed with stalking and annoying Squidward. Patrick turned from a lovable, dumb oaf into a jerky, dumb and a little smart, annoying oaf. Squidward in the first three seasons was a grumpy neighbor who kind of liked SpongeBob when he was annoying. Now he's a depressed, grumpy neighbor who always gets annoyed at SpongeBob and doesn't have a heart for SpongeBob. Sandy focuses more on inventing and science than being the karate tomboy we knew in the first three seasons. And last but not least, Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs turned from a money-loving boss who at least cared for his employees into a full-on money-obsessed boss who cares more about making money than his employees. In SpongeBob, You're Fired, he fired SpongeBob to save a nickel. A NICKEL!!! 5 CENTS!!!!! Also, in Season 4 and 5, he and Plankton were best friends and also enemies, but now in Season 6 and beyond, he straight-on hates Plankton, even laughs at his misery of not having a single customer! And by the way, did I mention that Season 6 is my least favorite season? It's full of gross-out gags, awkward jokes, dumb plots, SpongeBob being a Squidward-obsessed stalker, Mr. Krabs being a Plankton hater, antagonists never getting any comeuppance, and maybe even overly long gags that make you think that Seth MacFarlane wrote for this show! SpongeBob started out good, but then hit rock bottom starting in Season 4.

Seasons 1-3: 10/10

Seasons 4-present: 4/10

Average Rating: 7/10
  • Seasons 1-3 are good, after that it isn't.

What happened to SpongeBob? It used to be so good! But now it's a pile of trash.

Here's the thing: Seasons 1-3 were, and are, great. The said three seasons had wonderful, great, clever, and charming humor. They always knew their way around a joke (and a good plot).

But after the film, which was also great, the show got a new production team who neither knew their way around a joke, or a full 11 minute plot.

And so forth, came the fourth season, which was honestly ok, but the show got notably messed up a bit by the new production team, changing the characters, as well as some of their voices. *cough*SpongeBob*cough*.

Season 5 was when the show started to get really out of hand, with the new production team vandalizing the face of the classic SpongeBob from seasons 1-3. The plots were becoming very, very, very boring. However, this show wouldn't be completely ruined until a little while longer, which I will now be getting to.

Season 6 was when shit hit the fan. This was the final straw. This was the season I stopped watching SpongeBob. After seeing Gullible Pants, I stopped being a fan. Today the show's in it's ninth season and looks no better. This is why Nick shouldn't stretch their shows longer than three seasons.

Now to run down on the five and a half seasons I watched before giving up midway through the show's sixth season.

The first three seasons (1999-2004) were great.

The fourth season (2005-2007) was ok.

The fifth season (2007-2008) was where the signs of the show dying started.

And the sixth season (2008-2009), was the point of the show's death.

Seasons 7-9 (2009-present), from what I seen, is Zombie SpongeBob.

Seasons 1-3, I recommend. Season 4 is also bearable. Seasons 5 and 6 watch at your own risk. Seasons 7-9, unless if you want to lose brain cells, DON'T WATCH.
  • Spongebob Life

(5-1-99 - Present) Quite and achievement isnt it. Session 9- is rated a 3 only for the fact that it sucks. Here are the top 5 worst nnickelodeon shows that aired since 2013. and Cat Thundermans and Creig (Sry for the miss spell) Guppie

------------------------------------

Focas on the top 3 best shows of all time that are going to end if you dont watch It. OddParents

------------------------------------

And we all know the hit show that is reuniting in a year.

Drake&Josh

------------------------------------

So Nickelodeon yoy have a choice you can keep it up with the crap of the new shows or focas on your main Shows.

------------------------------------

NICKELODEON IT'S YOUR CHOICE NOW! LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!
  • Favorite show ever since I was a child.

Despite all the inexcusable garbage currently aired on Nickelodeon, this show is one of the most decent ones. Ever since I was a very small child, I've always loved this show. The art design is colorful, the plots are quite original and very creative at that, and this show is THE best show ever to hit the air.
  • Keep Spongebob forever!

Kick Sanjay and Craig out and write better spongey for the future please! I've waited for it to air in 1999 and will be dedicated fan for life.. I got disappointed after season 6 ... But it still funny :)
  • Why yall got to hate on spongey the bob?

How could anyone not like Spongebob? Have you hit your head on a brick? SpongeBob is the shit and always will be. Sure it hasn't been to my liking in the last couple seasons, but a few crappy seasons ain't gonna make me dislike the show. It made up my childhood and probably most of yours as well. So go hate on another show that deserves it such as Shake It Up or Big Time Rush.
  • I Don't Care!

NOTE: I used my alt email to become a member of this site. That way if something goes wrong with this one, I won't care or worry because I don't have any important or personal stuff on it. Just complete spam from which ever other site I used it for.

I don't care if whatever new episode of Spongebob to you guys is complete trash because I love it more than the old ones. I love how dumb he is. Okay agreed Mr. Krabs is cheap, but I find it amusing.

Squidward is more or less the same. I don't know why some think he might have changed. It was only one episode that Squidward actually helped Spongebob out. I've noticed that Sandy and Larry aren't in the episode any more. Plankton is the same. Citizens are the same. Patrick is selfish and mean.

What else, I guess I have covered up everything. Yes I have noticed how every character has changed, but you know what I like this. To me the older episodes were really boring. From time to time some were good, but I stopped watching Spongebob after a while.

When newer ones came out that's when I liked the series. Okay I hate the gross episodes with a disgusting krabby patty Spongebob fell in love with. Some episodes agreed are horrible.

There'll be bad episodes and good ones. My favourite episode was when Mrs. Puff tried to murder Spongebob. It was funny to me. Sometimes Spongebob doesn't know when somebody is insulting him.

It's fun when I watch these episodes because for me life is a pain. I have so much to do and to see something that I don't have to think about is fun for me. I can just relax and watch dumb stuff on TV.

If you guys are so concern about Spongebob only, then wake-up and see everything around you. If anything else watching TV is free. Video game companies make bad games.

I actually one time bought something that looked so cool on TV, but not challenging and fun at all. I was disappointed with how little effort was put into video games. I cared because it was a waste of my time and money spent.

Now days, I even have trouble deciding which game to buy because recently they suck. I meanthat's something to care about. Watching Spongebob on TV is free!

Think about it, you are not losing your hard earned money to it. Just be grateful for that. Crap or not, it's free! I recently read that one of the people all of you have been talking about is reading reviews of how the series is going.

If I'm correct, work may be done to improve the series. You guys have nothing to worry about. My real reason why I came was to give ideas to the cast for the next Spongebob movie.

They are most likely to read the recent reviews of their series. Okay now I went on their wiki, but sign-ups are closed due to spammers so I'll have to drop it down here.

Here's their plot:

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Sequel, Spongebob The Movie 2, or Spongebob 2. Is a 2014 American animated movie sequel to the 2004 Spongebob movie.

Plot This story begins with Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy working at the Krusty Krab 2 While Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Pearl at the Krusty Krab celebrated for Plankton in jail forever. Meanwhile at Bikini Bottom Jail Plankton swears revenge on Spongebob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, and Mr. Krabs, but first he has got to find a way out of jail so he uses his one of his antennas to scratch out the police notice he is gone so the siren rings and BBN(Bikini Bottom News) show that Plankton is out of jail after the two Krusty Krabs hear about this they shut down the restraunts to run away from Plankton they run to the following places:

-Rock Bottom(Second time shown since 2000)

-New Kelp City(Second time seen since 2008)

Plankton then attempts plan Z-2. Meanwhile, the gang feel so relaxed where they decide to live there forever but Pearl's radio says criminals Spongebob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, and Mr. Krabs have escaped town and freed Plankton. They all freak out but then they try to go home and clear their names but Plankton have the police surrounding town so they try to escape the but instead of coming close to to town they go farther, they realize that they're lost so they just decide to lie down and rot and then monsters come to give them a ride home. Meanwhile in Bikini Bottom Plankton is king of everyone hears the monsters coming

Now what's written in their plot is incredible short so here are my suggestions for Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2 :

The running away part from this plot line is stupid. It just is. I'm paying hard earned money for this so I expect something better.

Another thing is why do you want Plankton escape jail? Why does the villain have to be Plankton? Ah you guys didn't think of that.

No if this sequel is to ever work well, you need a new villain. Let's say this villain is somebody worst than Plankton. Somebody Krabs let down even worst than Plankton.

Maybe during the time Plankton and Krabs became rivals how Krabs found a new friend. You see it sounds better already. Krabs and him could have been in a limited partnership.

Eventually, this guy got sick of Krabs. He decided to takeover the restaurant. Krabs later found out he was no longer in control and framed him for some crime he didn't commit.

Since then, this guy has been onto Krabs for years. He already has a successful life, but we know the Krusty Krab is still number 1. Difference between Plankton and him is he's a lot smarter.

He doesn't need some stupid plan in a document to win. He's been planning for years. The day Plankton is completely out of the way is the day he strikes next.

He thinks of framing Krabs like he did to him until he finds evidence of Krabs stealing stuff. He black mails Krabs into giving him the Krabby Patty formula or he'll show the proof. Of course, Spongebob comes in the way.

The guy knows of Spongebob's history. The new villain flees with a threat that he has proof. Later, the guy kidnaps Spongebob to tell him what Krabs real back story is.

He offers Spongebob a chance to be by his side. He'll let him keep the position of manager and he won't ask for him to leave if he's successful in taking over. Spongebob is uncertain because he doesn't know who's bad anymore.

Eventually, he joins Krabs side as he's loyal. Krabs doesn't want to go to jail so he gives the guy the formula without notifying Spongebob. With the formula, this villain will no longer be one of the top 10 restaurants anymore.

This villain quickly reaches number 1. Spongebob later, notices his customers disappearing and comes to Krabs for answers. Krabs confesses!

Now the guy is number 1. He is now double the rich he was before. As the most successful business man, he starts paying for super powerful robots to secure he's restaurant.

Spongebob comes to guy trying to reason with him that Krabs needs his formula back. Later Spongebob is thrown out. Now he realizes that he needs help.

He gathers help from everywhere he can and even gets Mr. Krabs to bale Plankton out of jail. Plankton agrees only because he wants Krabs to be the competition.

The Plankton working along side other people try to break in to the secure system and successfully get the formula. The new villain isn't pleased with this. He gives those guys one last chance to give him back the formula or he calls the police for them stealing.

Plankton then, shows proof of something illegal that new villain did. The villain refusing to be defeated brings on his ultimate weapon of doom with all robots joined together. He goes crazy and destroys the Krusty Krab and city.

With everybody in danger, heros are required. Spongebob and Patrick are going to have to find heros. They go to Mermaidman and Barnical Boy, but they are too old to fight.

These guys however, give them super powers through some chosen costumes and train them for crime fighting. These guys eventually, learn fight the new villain, and win. The guy is sent to jail and everybody is happy.

You guys don't need to use all my ideas, but at least put a different villain. Plankton is too basic for theoretical performances.
  • Season 9 is starting to look like season 2!

So I was watching some of the newer Spongebob's and I must say... I am truly disappointed with seasons 4-7. They were utterly horrible and the comedy was lame. I decided though that I should probably watch a couple more episodes a year later after season 7 was long gone. I was watching "Hide and Then What Happens?" and I noticed that it really caught my attention! I was actually watching a full Spongebob episode now! The plot in the episode was never used! Spongebob and Patrick are about to play hide and seek when Patrick is stupid enough to forget what it is. (Classic Patrick) Spongebob tries to teach him with everything he's got! Sock puppets, hands, trying to tell him in the simplest way, but Patrick to no avail, says this quote I will never forget after the sock puppets. P: I wish I could play! SB: Why can't you? P: Beca... Because I don't have any socks! *cries* I found this to be quite funny and I think that it really upped my standards on today's little yellow sponge. I think there are two best parts of the episode.

1. Spongebob looks at a sign that says "Welcome to the end of the world!" spongebob looks closer: "Cafe and Gift

2. I'm pretty sure that you may have heard this one :D SB: Patrick, is that you! There is a pink starfish that looks like patrick from the back. P: My name is Patrick... Patrick... Not-star.

So many good episodes in season 9 too that are almost as good as season 2! The old writers are also coming back too! THANK YOU NICK! I NOW LOVE YOU AGAIN! <3
  • Unfortunately, it's just not as good anymore.

SpongeBob SquarePants is considered one of the greatest cartoons ever made. I certainly never missed a chance to see it when I was a kid. It was one of the best cartoons I'd ever seen. It had the funniest characters, an original plot, and they always went on crazy, funny adventures. Unfortunately, the show is far past it's prime.

If I were to rate the first three seasons of SpongeBob than it would have a perfect 10. But the show has just fallen from grace since being revived. It's not bad, its just pretty obvious that the writers are running out of good ideas. Just like Fairly Odd Parents, SpongeBob was cancelled, then it was brought back for more seasons. When that happened, the show started to go a little south. Again, not to the point where it's bad, it's just not as good as it was. The characters haven't changed (Thank God!), except for maybe Mr. Crabs who got more greedy, if that's even possible. But the art style is different than what it was, and the animation doesn't seem nearly as energetic as it used to be. And... neither really look that good.

Apart from those, there isn't really much more to say. SpongeBob SquarePants was a once legendary cartoon, that unfortunately went a little downhill since getting a new team of writers and different animation. But it's still a great show for kids, and it's still by far the best show on Nickelodeon right now.
  • spongebob has not completely went downhill

Spongebob is defo not what it was, but that does not mean its completely un-watchable. Ill admit part of the show got really bad at one point but lately the show is starting to slowly but surely pick up again.

Season 1 - great season with lots of laughs and a perfect start to a show. Characters aren't yet developed fully but still a great season 9/10

Season 2 - fantastic season and where the show truly hits their stride and comes up with great episodes and humour 10/10

Season 3 - yet again another perfect season with even more funny ideas, jokes etc. My personal favourite season 10/10

Season 4 - this season was good but failed to live up to the high standards of the previous season 7/10

Season 5 - defo the worst season ever of spongebob imo. Plots have became more simple and boring, hardly any funny jokes, spongebobs voice is higher for some reason, and the show itself turned fully childish 4/10

Season 6 - not that much different from the last season 5/10

Season 7 - humour starts to pick up again but only slightly and not enough to convince me its even as good as season 4. 6/10

Season 8 - best season since season 3! I wouldn't say this season matches their glory days but it is not too far off and this is defo the best season since! Much more humour, more interesting and creative plots. 8/10

Haven't seen season 9 yet

So ill admit it is not as great as it was but at least it is starting to pick up again.
  • This show has definetly gone downhill

Alright I'm just going to put it out there to Disney4life, I disagree about every old episode being a hit. Examples would be The Sponge Who Could Fly, Party Pooper Pants, and I'm With Stupid was just okay. Season 4 was okay but after that it turned horrible. The only good characters in this show now are Gary and Squidward.
  • The old seasons were the best, but the show declined!

The show has been hit-or-miss (mostly miss) ever since the movie! But the old episodes were always a hit!

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on July 16): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • Best show of all time.

I used to watch this show from 1999 when I was a baby to 2005 when Season 4 aired. I mean this show is 4 days older than me, come on. It's great but it died A LONG time ago. Here is some examples of the characters.

SpongeBob: A naive man who actually cared about his friends. Although somewhat annoying, at least he supported his friends. Now he's just a crybaby who could careless if someone was falling off a cliff. And tries everything in the world to annoy everybody. And even when something happens. The townspeople feels sympathy for him, which is just ***ed.

Patrick: A starfish who was just a little bit stupid. He was very kind to SpongeBob and SpongeBob did the same to him. Now he's just totally brain dead. And he and SpongeBob always get into fights.

Squidward: A sarcastic Squid who even though kinda despised SongeBob, at least he helped SpongeBob sometimes through his issues like in the pizza episode. Now he could careless about SpongeBob. And has the heart size of an atom.
  • best show ever

This is my favourite show for 11 years. The best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Golden Age of Spongebob is long gone.

Dear Lord, what has happened to this show? After the release of the movie, it seems as if Spongebob has taken a drastic turn for the worst, not only is the show uninspired and painful to watch, the characters have been painfully dissected and exagerated to the point of utter disdain

Spongebob: a naive, go-lucky sponge whose life-long dream is to be a fry-cook at the Krusty Krab. He fufilled his wish in the first episode when the anchovies were attacking the Kursty Krab, leaving Squidward and helpless (although they wanted to get rid of him), but he turns out to save the restaurant by satisfying the insatiable apetites of the with that, he had several other quirks like blowing bubbles, jelly-fishing, and the comic: The Adventures or Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and he's a terrible driver, although he wants his license more than anything in the world. From the original perspective, he's a loveable, goofy sponge who tries to help out his friends in any way he can, and everybody loved him, now what in the hell happened?

The new Spongebob traits include a non-stop crybaby who tries his damnest to ruin everybody's lives without giving a second thought about their feelings. One example of this is Choir Boys in which Squidward is persuing a dream and Spongebob tries his utmost to get in Squidward's way, is one of the many reasons why I hate the new Spongebob, 'He's not the innocently misquided child we grew up which, rather an annoying antagonist whose appearence is unsettling"-MoBro.

Partick- Patrick was the lazy starfish we hated to love. Although he was dumb (but not brainless, mind you), he acted as a genuine friend to Spongebob, giving him advice, and motivating him, like in the first episode where Sponebob was doubtful about working at the Krusty Krab, while Patrick urged him on, something a real friend would do, now Patrick is a dumbed down, ***ed starfish who's utterly disgusting, like in the episode where Patrick drops a doughnut in the toilet, then later asks Spongebob to eat it, what the hell? That's disgusting! And the episode where Patrick gets Spongebob stuck in the wringer, and puts his own needs before his friend's pain, and when Spongebob scolds him, the townspeople get pissed the Spongebob?!

I'll write a part 2 later...
  • it's scientificly incorrect but who cares its still funny

sponge bob is a good show and I crack up just watching it. there may not be a goo lagoon under the sea, but who cares. This show is a rating of 9.5 to me
  • I'm rating this by the experience as a child since Spongebob used to be phenomenal.

I don't have much to say but this show used to be good. Now it's horseshit.
  • Wow Nickelodeon Just WOW!

I watch two SpongeBob episode from 2013 the "Special" (And I used that term loosing) SpongeBob, You're Fired! And one at random Little Yellow Book. And wow just wow I thought Squidward and Sandy were the only likeable characters but nope. Last time I watch a new episode
  • Used to be a classic Nicktoon but now sucks

Spongebob Squarepants that was created by Stephen Hillenburg and first aired in 1999. it is one of the longest running shows on Nick but does that mean that all of the seasons are great? Absolutely not. Let's all look at seasons 1- the first half of 4. Pure creativity, original plots, and likeable, memorable characters. After the first half of season 4 though the show started getting crappy and then went to horrifying shit and finally to just unwatchable. Let's look at the characters and how they changed.

Spongebob Squarepants: was once the happy, funny and goofy yellow sponge we all loved. Now as other people have said he is a whiny cry baby jerk who along with Patrick annoys Squidward as long as he can. Just look at the episode Good Neighbors. In this episode, Spobgebob and Patrick pretty much destroy any chance of Squidward enjoying his Sunday.

Patrick Star: he was once a pretty dumb but he also has had some smart ideas and moments. Now he is so dumb he no offense to anyone but he is pretty much a ***. Remember in that episode when he was ordering a Krabby Patty, and he stood in line drooling and looked like he was dead? That's what I mean. Patrick has also been a big jerk to Spongebob in some episodes.

Mr. Eugene Krabs: the once very cheap and money loving ( still is ) boss of Spongebob and Squidward. In the older episodes, he sometimes acted as a father to Spongebob and Spongebob looked up to him a lot. Now Mr. Krabs ONLY cares about money and even fired Spongebob the greatest fry cook there ever was for 5 cents

Squidward Tentacles: he was once the annoying squid who hated many people especially his two next door neighbors Spongebob and Patrick. Now though he is not annoying but annoyed as Spongebob and Patrick terrorize him and usually either ruin his day or send him to a hospital. I along with others feel sorry for him.

Sandy Cheeks: was once my favorite character with her wild Texas personality and was extremely powerful and adventurous she was a scientist but hardly. Now that's all sandy is: a scientist. She is a dull boring character who spends the whole day in a lab. Whatever happened to the Sandy we used to know?

Sheldon Plankton: the bitter rival, although used to be best friends with, of Mr. Krabs. Used to try to steal the KPF ( Krabby Patty Formula) occasionally but now in every episode he appears in has to do with him stealing the KPF. After all of his failed attempts I actually rooted for him because I felt bad for him.

Gary: same

Mob: I hate the mob. The mob is always trying to hurt people with pitchforks and torches. Are they followers if Satan or something? Like when Squidward crashed the gasoline truck and exploded nearly killing him, the mob cheered that they thought he is dead. What kind of sick people are they? The mob is so over dramatic and over reactive. I hate them. I hope one day the main cast tries to kill the mob.

Overall 4/10 the new Spongebob is painful to watch if you want to see gold, watch season 1- first half of 4
  • Going downhill

This show was once the best cartoon on in Seasons 1-4. In the 2nd half in Season 4, it started to not be as good as it used to and in Season 5, it got worse with each new episode until finally, Season 6 came and this show hit rock bottom. There have been some good episodes in Seasons 6,7,and 8, and I can still watch those. But the characters have gotten dumber and changed a ton.

Characters

SpongeBob- Used to be kind and caring and tried to fix peoples problems. He has always been a little dumb but now he is as dumb as the old Patrick. His voice now has a higher pitch and he now is a crybaby. There was an episode where Squidward dared SpongeBob to go a whole day without crying and the episode was annoying because of all of the things SpongeBob cried at!

Patrick- SpongeBobs best friend. He is dumb in older seasons but he had some smart moments. He also cared about SpongeBob way more than he does now. Now whenever he is around, he makes things worse. He gets dumber with each episode.

The worst character by far. He is obsessed with money now and cares about NOTHING ELSE! He has always been obsessed with money but he had a good side to him in older seasons. There is a new episode where SpongeBob gets fired over a nickel. Well, SpongeBob is the reason he makes all of the money in the first place so why fire him!

Plankton- By now he deserves the secret formula. Him and Mr. Krabs are both greedy and bad so why does he have to suffer? After the episode about his orgin, I started wanting him to get it. But he never will and we will never know it either.

Sandy- Man oh man, they ruined Sandy. She came from the karate champion-genius-strong Texas gal to a scientist that spends all of her time in her lab.

Larry- He is never in any episodes anymore.

Gary- He didn't really change much.

Mrs. Puff- Spongebobs boating teacher. She hates Spongebob and you don't really see her anymore either.

Pearl- Now a sassy spoiled brat.

Squidward- Now I feel sorry for him because of SpongeBob and Patrick annoying him every day! All he wants is some peace and quiet.

I hate how all of the episodes revolve around the Krusty Krab and NOTHING ELSE! Also, I hate the jokes- it uses mostly crude humor. I heard this show will end in 2015 with a movie. I hope it is at least watchable.

Rating

Old ones- 10/10

New ones- 3/10

Overall- 7/10
  • Would've been a 10 if it weren't for SOME of the flaws in the post-movie seasons.

I honestly don't get why people continue to bash the newer episodes of this show saying it's not good anymore. Okay, they do have some flaws, but doesn't mean the series is COMPLETELY horrible. The older episodes were way better, but hey, I'm cool with the new episodes. Unlike The Fairly Odd Parents, the post-movie episodes of Spongebob are very underated and still never fail to make me laugh.

I do agree with people with these complaining about the newer episodes with these flaws:

-This show now relies on crude humor.

-Spongebobs voice seems to have a higher pitch

-Some of the plotlines aren't that good anymore

I really dislike it when they use crude humor and voilent disgusting scenes. I don't mind crude humor, but it's not necessary to go overboard with it.

Overall Spongebob is still a great cartoon in my opinion and has plenty of funny scenes, and will hopefully end perfectly. I heard it's getting a movie in 2015, hopefully it's the series finale and it better end like a blast, I'm definitely going to see it in 2015, I don't care how old be! Hopefully it won't go overboard with disturbing crude humor. Rating: 9.0/10
  • I Love SpongeBob, Both Old and New!

I remember when I first heard of SpongeBob. I was a little kid and I did not like SpongeBob at first, but then it became my favorite cartoon to this day. I am glad that the show was revived after the movie and I think that it is a success. I get angry whenever anyone says that the show has gone or is going downhill. While I respect the post-movie haters' opinions, the "Old SpongeBob vs New SpongeBob" thing is getting real annoying and even depressing for the true fans.

My favorite character on the show is SpongeBob because of his good nature, innocence, and work eithic. Both him and Patrick are funny. My least favorite character is Mr. Krabs because all he cares about is money, but I also dislike Plankton because all he cares about is the formula.

The episodes are well written. They have great storylines and funny moments. Some moments are also tearjerking and/or heartwarming.

Overall, SpongeBob is a great show for kids, teens, and even adults to enjoy. I also love the writers and animators for making such an amazing cartoon.
  • Best Show On Nickelodeon, but the New Episodes are Horrible!

Spongebob is my favorite show on TV and I love all the oldies like "Pizza Delivery," "Help Wanted," and "Christmas Who?". Although I love the old ones, the new ones are just terrible! There is nothing creative about them! But it's hard to blame Nick, because Spongebob has been on since the 90's and it's hard to come up with new, creative episodes constantly when all the good ideas have been taken. I think it's time the show ended, and it is ending in January 2014, followed by the Spongebob Movie 2, in 2015. The last episode description makes me sick... Search "Spongebob series finale epsiode" and click on the first thing that comes up for the description.
  • Spongebob Squarepants has sadly forgotten what made the show such a big hit and has been continuing to find new ways to hit rock bottom

When Spongebob Squarepants first came on the air, it took the world by storm. It quickly became Nickelodeon's best show and, to my knowledge, the longest running show on the network. It had fantastic writing, excellent characters, and it was brimming with creativity. Whether you like this show or not, it made a huge impact on the world and is a big part of pop culture. Sadly, much like all good shows that go on for too long, everything eventually gets watered down and this show is no exception.

After The Spongebob Squarepants Movie, Steve Hillenburg, the creator of the show, left the show. Nickelodeon got greedy though and rather than leave the show alone, they brought it back without Hillenburg to work on it. It would prove to be a very costly mistake for the show.

The first sign that this show lost all creativity is that the plots for each episode are no longer unique or interesting. Every one of them not only have bad premises, but they are really bad like the much reviled "The Splinter" episode. Not to mention that the writers decide to rip off past episodes, do a tiny bit of rearranging, and call it a "new" episode. One good example is the episode where Plankton steals Sandy's fur suit and goes to steal the Krabby Patty formula. That was done in "Imitation Krabs" and it was a far superior episode than this. Another was in Krabby Dogs, where Mr. Krabs made Spongebob make nothing but Krabby Dogs, which is almost a dead ringer of the episode, "Bossy Boots". Then the infamous "Freeze Face" is nothing but a poor man's "Hooky". That's not even scratching how bad each episode has gotten, it gets even worse from there.

The characters are another thing that have been altered radically. Long gone are the characters who used to have personality and be likable. Every character on this show has been changed so much, you would think they were replaced by Body Snatchers.

Spongebob is no longer the innocent, sometimes oblivious, and caring person. He has instead been reduced to a complete airhead with no IQ, he acts like a crybaby, and his actions go deep into stalker territory. In one episode, "Squid's Visit", he redecorates his house to be like Squidward's house and he gets every detail and I mean every detail. He even gets a hole in the house from when Squid moved in. This isn't the same happy go lucky sponge, this is a psychotic stalker who needs to be sent to an asylum.

Patrick was once the funny, dumb friend of Spongebob, but he did have some smart moments here and there. In the new episodes, Patrick is really stupid now, he acts completely obnoxious, oblivious, smug, and always makes things worse. I swear, with each passing episode, his IQ goes down.

Squidward is still the same, but he's always getting abused now by the writers. Something bad always happens to him and he gets tormented endlessly by Spongebob and Patrick when he doesn't want anything to do with them. Squidward is the only character now I feel sorry for since he's always the one getting abused for no reason.

Sandy has stopped being a karate champion, Texan girl, and genius. She's nothing but a scientist now and barely acts like her old self. I liked it better when she wasn't just a scientist, but a tough girl with personality, not make her into a stereotypical scientist who likes to put innocent people at risk of their experiments.

Mr. Krabs, by far, is the worst character on this show now. He was all about money, but yet still had a good heart in him and knew when money wasn't always everything. Now he cares about nothing but money and I mean nothing. He is extremely cheap and will do anything. He even went insane over a penny he thought Spongebob found and spent maybe close to a million dollars for it. In a recent episode, he fired Spongebob over a nickel. Which makes no sense since he's the reason Mr. Krabs is making so much money. He also loves to abuse Plankton a lot like dressing up like his daughter, Pearl, and scaring him because Plankton's afraid of whales. Worse of all, he gets off scott free for it. How unfair can you get? He is nothing but scum now, he acts like a criminal, and has no heart. The writers must think that seeing Mr. Krabs act cheap and go insane over money and be horribly mean is funny.

Speaking of funny, the humor is nothing like what it once was. Instead of clever jokes or anything that's witty, it's been dumbed down and has relied on two things now. One, the writers love to do gross or crude humor. They think it's funny to see a splinter cause Spongebob's thumb to swell up and puke out puss, or, even worse, see Squidward's tentacle be severely damaged when Spongebob drops a couch leg on him and drags it, causing some flesh to be shown. Two, the show loves to rely on character abuse. The best case goes to Squidward here. It seems the writers just love to torture or humiliate other characters by Spongebob and Patrick's antics. There's nothing funny about seeing all this gross humor and seeing these characters always being abused or their lives ruined by Spongebob and Patrick, or in the case of Plankton, being tormented endlessly by Mr. Krabs.

This brings me to another point, Spongebob and Patrick now never get reprimanded for their actions. In past episodes like "Hooky" and "Pranks a Lot", they were both punished for their actions. Now everyone is taking the full brunt of Spongebob and Patrick's actions like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy taking the fall for when the former pretended to be like them and caused nothing but trouble. I already stated that Mr. Krabs gets away with a lot of the stuff he does to Plankton amongst other illegal things. Squidward often has his dreams ruined by Spongebob and Patrick like the choir episode or when he wanted to be alone on Sunday. The best example though is when he uses a whistle and annoys people, he gets hurt and everyone cheers about it. When Spongebob and Patrick, the ones who made Squidward do this, use it in a hospital around sick people and doctors doing surgery, it makes everyone laugh. Double standard much?

In terms of artwork and animation, I can't really complain about it since it's still really good and has improved over the years. However, the coloring is getting overblown now and kind of hurts my eyes. If only though they put this much quality into the writing and jokes like the artwork and animation.

Spongebob Squarepants is the prime example of too much of a good thing. The show has been on the decline and it's showing no signs of improving at all. Nickelodeon has to realize that all things must come to an end and this show should've been put to an end a long time ago. There may be a funny joke and there, but this series has run its course and it's only getting worse with each passing season. It's forgotten what made the show such a big hit and has degenerated into nothing but a very hollow shell of its former self that's often mean spirited. With episodes being obvious ripoffs of past episodes, characters that are no longer likable, and humor that even a two year old would find bad, this show has long since passed its prime. All I can hope for is that the second Spongebob movie is the real series finale like the first one should've been. If you want to enjoy Spongebob, do yourself an enormous favor and hunt down the first 3 seasons and forget every other season. Trust me, you'll be doing yourself a big favor.
  • It had magic a long time sucks now

Looks like It was funny, but now its just bad and ill miss those days, along with other shows people will always miss(Hey Arnold and a lot of other shows) and really ramped up in popularity. Slid after the movie was a hit. have not watched it since October 27th 2010.
  • Spongebob went from GOOD and ENJOYABLE to DULL and BOOORRRINNNGGG (Yaaaawwnnnnssss!!) and now just DUMB and completely UNWATCHABLE.

My TRUE and ENTIRE opinion on Spongebob. From the time it first came out until this point. 12/4/13 6:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday. LOL.

Spongebob was an awesome cartoon. I remember when I was like 4 and I used to NOT want to watch it at all. I remember when I was little I used to say "I do not like Spongebob, he is not a very nice sponge" LOL. Then a couple years later, I watched it and I loved it! :) Spongebob was a show that not just kids would like. Even adults would like it. For example, When the episode Shangheid came on. I loved it and my parents LOVED it too! They laughed their asses off at it and same with many other episodes. My grandparents enjoyed Spongebob and so did my Aunt and Uncle. BUT then, After the Spongebob movie........

Once Stephen Hillenburg quit (I kind of don't blame him for leaving the show!) (You know why he wanted to show to end? Because it would not turn out to be the garbage it is today!) Paul Tibbitt subsequently took over and got new writers and then they screwed the show up so bad! I hope Stephen Hillenburg is working on far better shows and forgets about what his ACTUALLY good came to be! Paul Tibbitt (The new show runner DOES not care one bit how bad the episodes are. I am sure that as long he gets paid at the end of the work day, he couldn't care less how badly these new writers are running the show into the ground or how bad the show is) The only good episodes that are aren't from the old days of Spongebob are Best Frenemies (Very interesting plot), The Inside Job (One of my favorites :) Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy, The Gift Of Gum (Pretty funny) Greasy Buffoons (Hilarious) and A Pal For Gary (Ehhhh, Was Then after that episode, No GOOD new episode ever came back after that so I just stopped watching it after that point. Here is what I cannot stand about the "New" Spongebob. To me, It isn't even Spongebob anymore! It is just like all the other abhorrent trash on American television today. Here is what I think as follows:

The Characters:

Spongebob used to be smart, funny, clever and just a lovable and enjoyable character (Now he is a whiny little girl. My best friend Justin's little sister Ava is more mature than Spongebob is today!) Patrick used to be dumb, but a FUNNY kind of dumb. (Now Patrick is like so stupid, he has an IQ of negative 1 billion that even mentally handicapped people look smarter than him) Squidward used to be kind of grumpy but a funny grumpy. But he was also caring (For example: In Pizza Delivery when Spongebob and Squidward delivered a pizza and the guy slammed the door in Spongebob's face and he cried, Squidward cared about Spongebob and smashed the pizza in the guys face!) Now Squidward is a spiteful, hateful, contemptible old fart who hates everyone including himself. Mr. Krabs used to be funny and caring. I mean he always was a cheapskate LOL. But now he is just such a money hungry jackass. He only cares about MONEY!! And that is it! Plankton is the same old idiot!! Always trying to steal the Krabby Patty formula! His wife Karen used to care about him, now she is like "Eh whatever" about him and does not even about what he does anymore. And the rest of the characters on there suck. Half of the original characters are not even on the show at all anymore! Notably, Larry The Lobster and Sandy.

The plots:

The stories are so stupid! They are just boring and uninteresting. All they are about is Spongebob and Patrick attacking like COMPLETE morons (And not in a funny way either) and just torture Squidward as bad as they tortured people in the Hostel movies. Or doing other dumb stuff that is uninteresting and stupid.

Humor:

The show had witty humor for both teenagers and adults that would crack up at!

Nowadays it is like humor that my 4 year old second cousin Shawn would enjoy. Dumb, bland, and uninteresting childish humor.

The Voice Acting:

You can just tell that EVEN the voice actors are sick of doing their voices after all these years and in these stupid NEW episodes! Their voices sound like "I'm bored" They sound as crabby as my friend Sydney at school. All he says is "I just want to get the hell out of this place" (That is exactly how the voice actors sound when voicing Spongebob) Oh and I hate Spongebob's new voice! Spongebob now sounds like a 5 year old little girl with a very, very bad cold.

and lastly, The Animation:

The animation is so bright and horrible that is gives me migraines. It is so hard to look at it. Ugh. What has Spongebob come to?

In conclusion,

Spongebob was a wonderful cartoon. Now it is a horrible childish, contemptible, awful, lame, boring, immature, uninteresting and atrocious show that only preschoolers would find appealing. It just needs to go already! The new writers are just running the show into the ground with these half assed ideas, stupid, lame and boring episodes they come up with. I mean where do they get their ideas from? Out of their ass? It is just sickening how bad Spongebob became. It was such a good show, now it is just boring and stupid. The new Spongebob is about as trashy and lame as The Kardashians. Now since Spongebob is in the generation, it is just turning out to be like 99 % of the horrible trash that is on television today. This generation is just going to crap lately and this NEW Spongebob bull$hit sandwich and other garbage that American television channels are trying to serve us is not helping this horrible generation. It is just WORSENING it! But it is just going to get worse and worse as time in the world progresses. Oh well....... But IT IS WHAT IT IS and THAT IS IT.

From Zach.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants is easily one of the most creative shows ever to hit television.

For my first review, I'd like to review a wonderful show that has influenced the airwaves for years: the one and only SpongeBob. SpongeBob SquarePants is a show about a lovable sea sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea. He has crazy adventures in the town of Bikini Bottom. His best friend is Patrick, a sea star who is dumb, but has his moments of high IQ. His next door neighbor is Squidward, who hates SpongeBob, but still has a sensitive side towards him. He works at the Krusty Krab, a fast-food restaurant under the orders of Mr. Krabs, his money-obsessed boss. Plankton is the villain of the series, who tries to steal the Krabby Patty formula. Sandy is another friend, who likes karate, and is talented. There are no other words to describe this show. SpongeBob is definately the show that should be crowned King of TV. Of course, many have believed this show went downhill after the success of the movie in 2004. Since season 4, SpongeBob and Patrick became dumber, Squidward is tortured too much, Sandy has an interest in science, Mr. Krabs is more greedy than before, and the plot elements are awful. There are tons of gross-out scenes and episodes such as "The Splinter", "Pet or Pests", "To Love a Patty", and "A Pal for Gary". Most, if not all of the characters became unlikable as the show progressed after Stephen Hillenburg left the show, and Paul Tibbit took over as the executive producer, and many people I've seen blamed him for ruining the show. I can't help but say I disagree with that. Paul wrote many great episodes before it hit rock bottom for most former fans, and it makes me sad. I can respect their opinions, but when they take it too far, it's unbearable. Some may have not noticed, but ever since season 8 came, the show started to redeem itself in quality with good episodes, and better character personalities. I can still respect people's opinions, and I agree the first three seasons were better, but the new writers from time to time can still make great episodes. Overall, SpongeBob is the best show ever on television, and if you've never seen it, please watch it. I'm sure you'll love it.
  • The kid's best

This series was my favorite series for eight years. Even now it's still in my top 5 (number 3). Some say the series is only for "little kids" or "immature teenagers". If this is true, I never want to grow up. The series is classic and I think it could compete with the seasons or futurama. The day it comes to an end, so will nick.
  • My opinion is different than others...

Well, here's my opinion on the series.

Season 1: A great season, but by far the weakest of "Old SpongeBob". It also had some really annoying and bad episodes, like "I Was a Teenage Gary" and "Squeaky Boots". 8/10

Season 2: Now here's when SpongeBob started getting really good. I didn't find a lot of bad episodes except for "Dumped". 10/10

Season 3: At this point in the series, SpongeBob was an absolute masterpiece. I didn't find a lot of errors with this season. 10/10

Movie: Very, very good. A lot of fans consider this to be the end of "Good SpongeBob". 9/10

Season 4: The first half of the season was actually very good, but towards the end it started to fall flat on its face with episodes like "Ghost Host" and "Karate Island". 7.5/10

Season 5: Now here's when things started to get bad. I found lots of really bad and uninspired episodes. However, some episodes I can spare, like "Pest of the West". 4/10

Season 6: OK, by now the series was atrocious. Almost every episode was s**t except for a couple like "Suction Cup Symphony". 2/10

Season 7: By now the show was unbearable. The episodes were even WORSE. I think the only tolerable one was "Enchanted Tiki Dreams". 0.5/10

Season 8: This season was pretty sub-par. It was a mix of good episodes (Mooncation, Planet of the Jellyfish), bad episodes (Restraining SpongeBob, Are You Happy Now?) and meh episodes (Bubble Buddy Returns, A Friendly Game). Overall, not bad. 6/10

Season 9: This season isn't even done yet, but I'll give my opinion on this season anyway. It's kind of like the previous season, with good episodes (Eek, an Urchin!, Jailbreak!) and bad episodes (Little Yellow Book)