SpongeBob SquarePants

Saturday 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1591)

• A really good show, whether it's Modern or Old

SpongeBob SquarePants is without a doubt one of the greatest cartoons to exist. While some people think the show has declined in quality, I disagree. A lot. I've been watching SpongeBob for about a decade now and I've loved it since I was a kid. I've seen every episode in premovie and almost every single one in post-movie. I love this series, and I'll talk about why. The animation of this show is really great, especially Seasons 6 and up, and whilst I think the animation is a little stiff in season 8, it gets much better in season 9 through ways such as having wacky facial expressions and over-the-top slapstick that would feel at home in Ren & Stimpy. The plots are actually original and manage to contain some really great gags, a strong example being "Chocolate With Nuts". The episode has a very simple premise of SpongeBob and Patrick selling chocolate and on the way, there are a ton of gags that hit bullseye. I'd rather not explain them because it would just spoil the greatness. The comedy of this show is what really shines, they may reuse gags sometimes, but it's not really noticeable. The comedy is mostly dialogue based, however, some episodes will have slapstick and violence and grossout (ESPECIALLY in season 6) be the focus of comedy. I personally dislike when people judge this show based of era (there are like... 10 people who do that), but those 10 people won't prevent me from calling this show amazing.

Want a good laugh? Watch this show. It's truly fantastic, though I'd recommend avoiding some season 6 episodes like Choir Boys... because they're awful.