SpongeBob SquarePants

Saturday 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1591)

• When I Talk About This Show, I'm Only Talking About The Pre-Movie Seasons

Spongebob Squarepants is a fun, charming show that doesn't exactly talk down to most children that watch the show, nor really does it dumb down children. Spongebob Squarepants is about a sponge under the sea named Spongebob who simply lives his life and goes on adventures with some uniquely drawn characters including: Patrick Star, a goofy best friend neighbor of the sponge. Squidward, who is also a neighbor but he is a sourpuss who finds the two friends annoying. And Mr. Krabs, who is a cheapskate that runs a restaurant called the Krusty Krab. The best characters in my opinion of this show are Patrick & Squidward. Patrick is the funniest character of the entire show, as not only does he make hilarious jokes, but he does say some random lines that somehow get a good laugh out of me. Squidward is a sourpuss, but he's likeable as we do get to see his perspective on the best friends and he does get good laughs while trying to argue with Spongebob & Patrick. The other side characters are not bad, nor are they great. Gary is the pet of Spongebob, Sandy is a squirrel that Spongebob learns a lot about, and the list goes on. Kind of like "Ed, Edd n Eddy" I admire how the first season does traditional animation, and I honestly think that gives a lot more charm to the show, seasons 2 & 3 do have a lot of charm but I don't think as much because they are computer animated. The music is very good, and the show has some memorable & cute songs. Overall: Spongebob Squarepants is a fun, bouncy animated show with some great characters & decent characters, it has some good songs, good stories, & a lot of children will like the earlier seasons because they are charming and the show may even(in my opinion) bring up their self-esteem, mainly because Spongebob & Patrick act like kids, but in a way done really well.

3.5/4 Stars