SpongeBob SquarePants

Saturday 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1591)

• Best Children's Show in History

I grew up during the golden age of SpongeBob SquarePants. I loved almost every episode in the first three seasons. Compelling characters, spot-on comedy, touching moments, wacky antics, etc. This show had everything. SpongeBob has absolutely become an icon in pop culture. He's charming, fun-loving, and ,overall, a good sponge. Patrick may not be the brightest star in the sea, but his love for fun and loyalty to SpongeBob makes him lovable. Squidward may be a jerk, but he's a lovable jerk. Sandy is my favorite character. She's smart, fun, athletic... she's just a really cool squirrel. Mr. Krabs, although greedy, still has a heart that makes him favorable. Plankton is a villain we all love to hate/hate to love. Gary is hard not to love. He's cute, intelligent, and a loyal pet to our favorite underwater sponge.

Let's not forget about the first movie. My family and I went to see it in the theater and I loved it. It reminds us why we loved the show.

Yes, SpongeBob SquarePants has gone downhill after the movie. Season 4 was almost as admirable as the first three, but every other season lacked the heart and charm that show originally showed us. Still, there is no denying that any SpongeBob episode, old or new, is fun to watch. The golden era of the show may have ended with the first movie, but this show will always have a special place in my heart. Long Live SpongeBob!

My Favorite Episode: "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V"