SpongeBob SquarePants

Saturday 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1591)

• I Do Pretend like Post-Movie SpongeBob Doesn't Exist.

Kind of like Ed, Edd, n Eddy, this show is a big part of my childhood, right down to the toys and VHS tapes.

I did like the originality of this show, yes there have been films about animated fish, but not exactly with the other sea creatures including the squid and the starfish.

It truly is a comedic marvel, more in the sense that the delivery of the lines for many of the episodes worked wonderfully.

I also enjoyed the fact that the first season was traditional animation, it's actually a reason why season 1 is a personal favorite.

One footnote though is that this show has been running in production for 18 years, it's time to stop.

There's nothing wrong with reruns, unless a show is a truly dated one, and this show is timeless.

I do wish, in that sense, that more of the old Nicktoons would get their reruns on TV too.

My suggestion, overall: Check out the first 3 seasons of Spongebob, then the first movie, and if you would like, check out the other seasons and the second movie.

Originality is a key factor with this show.

3.5/4 Stars