SpongeBob SquarePants

Sentimental Sponge

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 02, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Not that good

This episode was kind of disturbing in the way how he named his trash and loved it so much he started to take pictures. I also hate how SpongeBob reacted when his house was condemned.

2/10
  • Not my favorite but still a decent episode

Aired today.
  • Sub-par episode

When SpongeBob takes out his garbage after cleaning his house, Patrick reprimands him for letting go of all the items he deems has sentimental value. After pondering the concept, SpongeBob decides to keep every item he owns for its sentimental value until his home becomes too cramped for him to live in. Okay, this episode was a mess. There wasn't a single funny part in this episode. This episode was flat ang boring.

5 E-
  • Minus a few parts, this was actually an enjoyable episode.

Ok i thought this was a great Spongebob. OK this episode is about Patrick talking Spongebob into keeping his trash, because it has some sentimental value to him. So the problem comes when the garbage people force Spongebob to throw away his stuff. Now i lowered the score because the storyline was lacking a little bit. There weren't that many funny parts. I was just great. Now there isn't any annoying characters lately. Like this is why i like Season 8 so much, Mr. Crabs isn't annoying. Squidward hasn't been annoying. Spongebob has changed a little bit. Now the part that was drop dead hilarious to me was when Squidward walked out with Spongebob saying "Nice dress" Then Squidward saying "It's a nightshirt!" Other than that Season 8 is now one of my favorite seasons. there were some more funny parts but they were so little i forgot them. Now the ending was pretty funny too. Overall 8.5/10.
  • Funny episode (REVISITED)

When SpongeBob takes out his garbage after cleaning his house, Patrick reprimands him for letting go of all the items he deems has sentimental value. After pondering the concept, SpongeBob decides to keep every item he owns for its sentimental value until his home becomes too cramped for him to live in. I thought this was a perfect episode of SpongeBob. There aren't that much humor in this episode, but the one that made me laugh so hard was the running gag when someone told Squidward nice dress and then Squidward yells that it is a nightshirt. The other running gag Squidward telling SpongeBob something he does is creepy was amusing as well. Patrick trying to do spring clean was very funny. I thought SpongeBob taking of his trashy friends was funny. I liked the ending as well when everything from SpongeBob's trash was at Conch Street. Overall, a perfect episode (and funny) episode of SB. 10/10
  • SpongeBob did not deserve an epiusode like that.

5.9
    This was almost tied to A Friendly Game. Season 8 is really winding itself down. SpongeBob can't part with some of his valuables becuase of something Patrick said. And when his house becomes full,Gary suggests that he put some things outside. And the cops codem SpongeBob's house until the junk is removed. How's the problum solved? Squidward and SpongeBob take pictures of the stuff. The ending? SpongeBob dumps all pictures in Squidward's front lawn. Huh?! This episode was really lame. The episode was just un-wwatchable. I just hope the writers don't get away with this and do an episode called "Mermaid Man vs. Squidward", and that would be another disaster.

FINAL GRADE: D+ (5.9)
  • perfect

10 out of 10

• Season 8 continues to look bright for Spongebob

It seems as if the writers at Spongebob are finally getting it together. After what seemed, to me, was a show that fell so far from grace, the writers have given another superb episode to add to season 8. In this episode, Spongebob is cleaning house, and after taking the garbage out Patrick comes by. He tells Spongebob to not throw out anything that has precious memories to him. Spongebob decides to follow Patrick's advice, and keeps his trash. When he goes to the Krusty Krab, he takes condiment packs, and jars, and takes them all home. However all the stuff Spongebob has eventually overcrowds the house, and Spongebob is forced to put some of his stuff on his yard. The next day Squidward wakes up, and opens a window only to have the window dump the stuff Spongebob had into his house. Squidward decides to call the sanitation police on Spongebob after he fails to clean up his house and yard. Both Spongebob and Squidward's houses are condemned, and are now forced to move. Squidward then decides to tell Spongebob to take photos of each item that has meaning to him, and with Squidward's help, Spongebob takes the photos, removes the trash, and the police are called off. Just when things are looking normal again, or as normal as it gets in Spongebob, Squidward goes to bed, only to find his house filled with photos from Spongebob. Spongebob tells Squidward that he ran out of room, and had to store them in his house and Squidward's as well. This was another supremely great episode with great humor. I loved the parts of Spongebob using Gary as a cleaner, and how Squidward's night gown was mistaken for a dress. I thought the plot was decent, and the humor kept it fresh. It looks like things are continuing to get better with this show now. Ever since season 4 this show has gone down hill, but now season 8 seems to be putting Spongebob back on the rebound, and the writers are finally giving what fans like me want to see in Spongebob, a good story with plenty of funny moments. Overall an excellent episode, and it seems Spongebob is making another step back to its roots of comedy and cleverness. Keep it up writers you are doing a fine job on season 8.
  • Unique.

So it's spring cleaning day in Bikini Bottom. But Patrick tells Spongebob to keep his trash, because they are all important in some way. However, it goes too far, that it gets condemned, so Spongebob will have to throw away his "precious memories" like the banana peel, and his gum wrapper.

Now this review will be short, because there's not a whole lot to talk about. All the scenes and jokes were funny and creative. Gary as a vacuum was wierd but funny. The time when Patrick went into a pile of trash, just to get a cotton swab was hilarious. Also Spongebob's trash clothes was really creative.

In the end, in order to not move into a new house, Spongebob takes pictures of all the trash, which was so cute and funny, and he took so many, it covers all over the street. That is awesome. As you can see all the jokes were hilarious.

Overall, great episode.

9 out of 10.

• Funny episode.

So Patrick tells Spongebob that he should be more Sentimental about his items. Spongebob takes that advice but once again makes a jot out of it with too much of his preciousitems like tooth brush, and his own sweat! It fills up his whole house and the yard of his and Squidward's. Squidward once again has his day ruined and calls the "Sanitation Police". After they are sure he will remove everything, Squidward comes up with the idea of Spongebob taking pictures of all those items. Once Spongebob is forbid of all his items, Squidward finds like a billion pictures of them in his house bcause it took up space for Spongebob's whole house.

I think this was a very funny episode, especially the ending when we see all those photos of things. Spongebob collecting pictures of every single thing reminded me of my uncle who just had to collect every single book he read. I wonder will Squidward ever get a break from Spongebob because the majority of episodes is about ruining Squidwards day lol. I think I will give this episode a 9/10.

• Overall great but not as good as "Oral Report/A Friendly Game"

I thought that this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". The plot was pretty good but it could have been a little better in my opinion. After SpongeBob does his spring cleaning, he throws everything away but then Patrick nags about thinking of them as their most cherishable memories. I thought that it was funny when SpongeBob was using Gary as a cleaning machine in the beginning of the episode.It was hilarious when everyone kept mistaken Squidward's nightshirt for a dress. It was also funny when Squidward said creepy because SpongeBob's special memories are junk. I just didn't like it when Squidward called the sanitation police on SpongeBob and then the sanitation police condemned SpongeBob's house but I'm happy that SpongeBob didn't have to move and got rid of all of his junk. It was funny when SpongeBob took a picture of his junk before he threw it away. It was also funny when all of SpongeBob's pictures of his memories were stuffed in Squidward's house because SpongeBob's house was stuffed with his pictures of his memories. Overall, this was a great episode but it could have been a little better. 8.5/10
  • Fantastic Episode that makes us Remember why we Love Spongebob Squarepants!

When i look at Spongebob Squarepants, i either look at the Solid A+ Seasons 1-3 or the Dull and Unfunny 4-6. Sometimes there's a good Episode here and there but Most of the time, its all Stupid Cliches Mixed with unfunny Jokes! The Basic plot is that SpongeBob struggles to part with some junk items because of the memories they contain, but it starts to get too crowded in Spongebob's house and when his "friends" start to pile up around Squidward's house, Squidward has to call the sanitation police to have his house condemned.

Overall This Episode is Perfect! I Though Season 4 was Okay and i Hated Season 5 but Things are starting to look up now!
  • An episode for all the hoarders out there!

Although this wasn't quite as good as the last two episodes, I still liked it a lot. It's an episode I'm sure many of us can relate to, especially if you're a hoarder like Spongebob was in this episode! Many parts made me laugh like the running gags of Squidward telling Spongebob he was creepy and everyone saying Squidward's nightshirt was a dress. I also laughed when Patrick freaked out about Spongebob throwing away a gum wrapper and when Spongebob was sentimental about his sweat. Spongebob taking pictures of everything in his house before throwing it away was also funny. The only scene I didn't like was when Spongebob's and Squidward's houses were condemned. Overall though, this was another outstanding episode! All the hoarders out there definitely need to see it.:) Final grade: B+. Marebear2009, out!
  • Spongebob departs from objects... OR DOES HE?

So, after Spring Cleaning, Spongebob almost dumps all the stuff in his pineapple into the trash, only to be nagged at by Patrick on how he shouldn't depart from his precious objects. This starts a rage on Spongebob, as he rages through his stuff and starts wearing GARBAGE. Soon, Squiddy comes in and tells Spongebob he should take pictures of the memories so he can still have them, which in the end leads to another rage.

8.5/10 B It could've been better, but it's above expectations for now a days. So for now, I guess I say.....

See You Next Time! (Sorry, couldn't help myself from saying that.)
  • Very funny episode. again proves this show deserved to win a KCA!

It is Spring Cleaning day, and SpongeBob works diligently on his house. When he takes out his garbage, Patrick reprimands him for letting go of all these sentimental items. After pondering the concept, SpongeBob agrees and fights the garbage truck's claw for his trash. The next day at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob begins collecting random items such as straws and ketchup packets, and putting them in jars. By the end of the day, he has a hand wagon full of jars. He returns to his filthy home and puts the jars in a closet, only for it to explode from pressure. Gary suggests that the house has reached its full capacity, and SpongeBob dumps his trash into the yard. The next morning, Squidward awakens, walks across his room, opens his window, and his house is flooded with sentimental garbage. He makes his way through the mess to the pineapple, where he yells at a trash-wearing SpongeBob to clean up or he will call the Sanitation Police. After SpongeBob fails to comply, he does so. The police arrive and condemn both SpongeBob's and Squidward's houses for being covered with trash. SpongeBob dislikes the prospect of moving, so Squidward advises him to take pictures of each item before throwing them away. Squidward helps SpongeBob with this and the trash is removed. Squidward tries to return to bed after such a stressful day, but it is revealed that SpongeBob ran out of room in his house for all the pictures and stuffed them in Squidward's. Another funny as hell episode, loved that spongebob kept EVERYTHING this one deservs an A!

very happy spongebob WON FAVORITE CARTOON! 8th award won! keep it goin spongebob!