SpongeBob SquarePants

Sleepy Time / Suds

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jan 17, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• Love the creativity in these episodes!

Sleepy Time: This episode is creative and clever with all the dreams. I loved Mr. Krabs's dream (I'm talkin' about cold, hard flippin' cash, boy!). Plankton's dream was good too (Lick. Lick). Great episode: 9/10

Suds: This episode showed off some great writing, voice acting and jokes. Favorite lines come from Patrick in this one ("Don't touch me I'm sterile!" "No, it gets worse!" "Yea, yea the rabbit. Don't bother, Sandy!") 9.5/10
  • Sleepy Time and Suds were perfect.

Sleepy Time: Spongebob leaves his dream cloud to go into other peoples dreams, but he keeps messing them up. I thought all the dreams were funny, but my favorite one has to be Plankton's dream. Overall, it's a season 1 classic. 10/10

Suds: When SpongeBob leaves the fridge open he wakes up with the suds which is a cold for sponges. He's about to go to the doctor, but Patrick says that they'll make him wait in the waiting room and make him read old magazines. Patrick treats SpongeBob as his patient so he won't have to go to the doctor, but when Sandy finds out then she tries to take SpongeBob to the doctor. I thought it was funny when Patrick does these unusual treatments on SpongeBob and the ending when Patrick pretends to have the suds. This was a perfect episode that is even better than Sleepy Time. 10/10
  • oh god what?

I'm probably the ONLY one who likes Sleepy Time better

Sleepy Time I ALWAYS liked, ever since the first time i watched it.

7.8/10

But Suds is good too, it just doesn't keep me as entertained.

6.9/10
  • Sleepy Time/Suds

Sleepy Time: This episode doesn't deserve too much hate, I acutally enjoyed this one. So Spongebob travels from dream to dream (my favorite was Patrick's dream) and in process gets everyone mad because Spongebob was "messing with their dreams." One of the only flaws is Pearls dream and why would they be mad it's only a dream its not real...Continuting on, I enjoyed it for the most part.

Final Grade: 8.9 out of 10 [B+ "Great"]

Suds: This one had some better humor sprinkled in, and had a intresting plot. My favorite parts were when Patrick imporsonated a doctor and faked Spongebob getting better, I also liked both "Sponge Treatment" scenes. This one was the better episode because of the thick plotline and no one was out of character...

Final Grade: 9.1 out of 10 [A- "Superb"]

Not a pickle out of place...

• Sleepy Time made the score lower

Sleepy Time: I didn't like this episode very much. Not that bad, but I just thought it was boring and mediocre. I didn't had that much laughs in this episode. The plot to this episode was kinda not that good. Most of the dreams that SpongeBob visited were poor. I only liked Patrick, Gary, and Mr. Krabs' dreams, they were interesting. My least favorite dream would be Plankton. I didn't liked how SpongeBob's friends acted to him at the very end. The only funny parts were Gary speaking in his dream, the part at Patrick's dream, and that's just all. Overall, a mediocre episode. My second least favorite episode of season 1. 5/10

Suds: This episode was excellent. The plot was way better Sleepy Time. I really enjoyed this episode and I thought it very hilarious. The funny parts are SpongeBob dreaming, SpongeBob leaving the refrigerator, the customers leaving the Krusty Krab, Patrick explaining how the doctor is about, montage of Patrick acting a doctor to SpongeBob, SpongeBob as Patrick's other rock, Sandy and Patrick fighting on SpongeBob, SpongeBob destroying the Krusty Krab, and the last part. Overall, a perfect episode that is better than Sleepy Time. 10/10
  • I've seen enough, Sleepy Time was the real episode that has to be az terrible episode indeed for me to watch!

5.6
    Yep, one of Season 1's bad episode in my opinion(and sorry Mr. Lawrence, I think you make some of the episodes less adequite).

Sleepy Time: Boring, and just great! Spongebob shouldn't get what he deserved: being a trouble maker because of going into people's dreams, and I don't care what happens! The characters except Spongebob care about that because all those characters except Spongebob and Patrick were WAY out of character! This episode barely made sense why those people care about their own dreams, didn't like that episode. Of course, I think the characters shouldn't let Spongebob go from dream to dream, or the characters shouldn't care about their dreams, or Gary shouldn't had told Spongebob about people's dreams, or Spongebob shouldn't had his own microscopic figure of him, or at least Spongebob shouldn't dream about himself getting his license. It seems like those people are dreaming...man, those fish can't help with anything at all except their life, but they do need a life!(except Spongebob)

Episode Grade: 61.5(D-)

Episode Grade: 76.0(C+)

An episode like Sleepy Time shouldn't happen again, but Suds is something I'm not sure about.
  • Another pair of excellent episodes.

Sleepy Time:
    SpongeBob discovers what all his friends are dreaming about, every time he enters a dream he ruins there dream and in the end everyone comes to his house and tells him to stop messing with there dreams.

10 out of 10

• superb

What I liked (Sleepy Time)- Gary's dream, everyone being mad at Spongebob at the end and Patrick asking if anyone had a quarter, Plankton's dream, amongst other things.

What I liked (The Suds)- Patrick convincing Spongebob how bad hospitals are, Patrick pretending to be sick at the end, "Here's your lollipop" (The way he says it makes me laugh).

Final grade- B+/A-
  • "Sleepy Time" was boring but "Suds" was excellent

Sleepy Time: I thought that this was an okay episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It wasn't a bad episode but it was boring though. Not BAD, just BORING. All SpongeBob does in this episode is just dream by dream. I probably find these kinds of episodes in shows boring because a dream episode isn't exciting and it's kind of a time filler for me so that's probably another reason why this dream episode was boring. Gary talking in his dream was pretty funny though. Sandy's dream scene was also pretty funny as well. The rest of the dreams were just alright but boring. I think I laughed the hardest at the end of the episode when Patrick said "Does anyone have a quarter?". Overall, this was an okay but boring episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants"... to be honest, I usually give dream episodes a score of 4 or lower and maybe a little higher but I'm probably giving this dream episode a 6 because I love SpongeBob so much so I think a 6 is generous for a dream (SpongeBob) episode. 6/10

Suds: This was an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" and it was WAY better than "Sleepy Time". SpongeBob getting suds after leaving the refrigerator opened in the middle of the night was interesting. It was hilarious when the fishes at the Krusty Krab freaked out after they hear Mr. Krabs say "Don't want to sneeze all over me customer's food" (or something close to that). It was hilarious when Patrick pretended to be a doctor and tries to make SpongeBob feel better but he is just makes it worse by hurting him such as repeatedly ripping the bandage off of him. It was hilarious when Patrick is keeping SpongeBob away from Sandy so Sandy won't have to take SpongeBob to the doctor. The doctor giving SpongeBob "the treatment" with the help of Hans was very funny. Patrick wanting to get a lollipop and he gets "his treatment" from Hans which is kind of a payback for pretending to be a doctor was hilarious. Overall, an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10
  • Good episode.

Sleepy Time was exciting and fun to watch. It felt like an adventure because Spongebob visited everyone's dreams and ruined all of them. I will not spoil the dreams for you. So you will have to watch it yourself to see what happens in each dream. I will tell you the characters that have the dreams and the grades I give for each one. Gary-C Patrick-D, Squidward-A, Sandy-A, Pearl-D, Mr. Krabs-A, and Plankton-A. I still liked Gary, Patrick, and Pearl's dream, but if I had to give them a grade, that would be it. They were still good and they do not take away any part of the quality of the episode. Every dream fit each of the character's personalities and what they like to do in life. That is why I still liked Gary, Patrick, and Pearl's dreams. As well as all the others. It was flawless and perfect. The Suds was an interesting episode where Spongebob got sick and Patrick was his doctor. You probably know what to expect from that because he's an idiot. Then Sandy comes along and takes him to a real doctor and gets the sponge treatment which was a cool little segment. Patrick gets punished for pretending to be a doctor by being given the same treatment but it hurts for a starfish. Though I will not spoil it for you, I will say that how Spongebob got the Suds is quite hilarious, because it was a result of his stupidity and forgetfulness. Overall, these were wonderful episodes.
  • In Sleepytime, Spongebob visits the dreams of all his friends. While in Suds, Spongebob comes down with a cold for sea sponges, forcing him to sneeze bubbles everywhere.

While Suds has the amusing plot about a cold for sea sponges- very hilarious!!!
  • 15th episode

• 15th episode

Sleepy Time/Suds is one of my favourite episodes in the series. I found both episodes to be indeed very funny.In Sleepy Time, I liked the way Spongebob got into everyone's dream, the best one for me was Patrick's one. In the end, he lost his quarter! It was also great to see Spongebob with his driver's license in HIS DREAMS! It was also nice to hear Gary speak formally with the phrase of the man in Peru. Anyway, the only flaw with the episode that I had was that Spongebob ruined Squidwards performance. Other than that, this episode did superbly.Suds was another good episode, but not as great as Sleepy Time. I liked the way at first how patrick faked that Spongebob got well. he seemed to be the only funny part of the episode. Although many people hated Sandy's role in the episode, I liked it and I was glad Patrick got what he deserved, although it was painful I had no mercy for him!
  • Spongebob goes into people's dreams. Then he gets the Suds.

7.9
    So basically Spongebob goes into everyone's dreams in the first part. My favorite dream was when Patrick was riding the little pony ride and inserting the quarters on the machine(good old Patrick). But he kind of messes up everyone's dreams and they all yell at him in the end. In the next episode Spongebob gets the Suds(a Sponge'es version of a cold). Patrick makes him scared of a doctor, so he trys to make Patrick his doctor, kind of making him worse. Sandy has the sense of a smart person and trys making him go to the doctor. In the end with the expanse of the Krusty Krab he go's to the doctor and gets better. It was a good episode. That's my review.
  • Suds: Way better than that garbage. It's true I love Spongebob, and I thought this episode was okay. Some parts were funny.

Suds: Way better than that garbage. It's true I love Spongebob, and I thought this episode was okay. Some parts were funny, and it was better at the end, but it turns out to be that there might be something I could describe about Spongebob getting sick. I just like it is all. Spongebob disturbs everyone in Sleepy Time. In Suds, he gets sick and Patrick "cures" him. Sleepy Time/Suds is one of my favourite episodes in the series. I found both episodes to be indeed very funny.

In Sleepy Time, I liked the way Spongebob got into everyone's dream, the best one for me was Patrick's one. In the end, he lost his quarter! It was also great to see Spongebob with his driver's license in HIS DREAMS! It was also nice to hear Gary speak formally with the phrase of the man in Peru. Anyway, the only flaw with the episode that I had was that Spongebob ruined Squidwards performance. Other than that, this episode did superbly. I found both episodes to be indeed very funny.In Sleepy Time, I liked the way Spongebob got into everyone's dream, the best one for me was Patrick's one. In the end, he lost his quarter! It was also great to see Spongebob with his driver's license in HIS DREAMS! It was also nice to hear Gary speak formally with the phrase of the man in Peru. Anyway, the only flaw with the episode that I had was that Spongebob ruined Squidwards performance. Other than that, this episode did superbly.Suds was another good episode, but not as great as Sleepy Time. I liked the way at first how patrick faked that Spongebob got well. he seemed to be the only funny part of the episode. Although many people hated Sandy's role in the episode, I liked it and I was glad Patrick got what he deserved, although it was painful I had no mercy for him! So basically Spongebob goes into everyone's dreams in the first part. My favorite dream was when Patrick was riding the little pony ride and inserting the quarters on the machine(good old Patrick). But he kind of messes up everyone's dreams and they all yell at him in the end. In the next episode Spongebob gets the Suds(a Sponge'es version of a cold). Patrick makes him scared of a doctor, so he trys to make Patrick his doctor, kind of making him worse. Sandy has the sense of a smart person and trys making him go to the doctor. In the end with the expanse of the Krusty Krab he go's to the doctor and gets better. It was a good episode. So really as I can say behind it basicly this episode takes place in the same night then into day is what I believe. I don't know for sure but I think it's true.
  • A really great episode

In Sleepytime, Spongebob visits the dreams of all his friends. While in Suds, Spongebob comes down with a cold for sea sponges, forcing him to sneeze bubbles everywhere. This has got to be one of the most hilarious episodes of the entire series!!!! Two good episodes for the price of one!!! Sleepytime has the unusuial plot of Spongebob visiting the dreams of his friends and neighbors, after dreaming about a Krabby-patty-spatula land, where he has his very own licence but unfortunately, the licence gets shattered into peices by his very own teacher, Mrs Puff!!!. "Not even in your dreams, Spongebob" she says, a sad ending to a wonderful dream. While Suds has the amusing plot about a cold for sea sponges- very hilarious!!!
  • Good night, Spongebob

This is one of my favorite episodes. Sleepy time. Patrick's dream was my favorite. It must of been a tough time drawing all those Spongebobs in Patrick's dream. Now, Mr. Krabs' dream. I think Spongebob likes drivers licences with mustashes or something. And, WTH? Pearl's dream! Plus, a guy say "My leg!" In both episodes! I tryed to submit it. But, they did'nt accept it. Plus, Patrick was sore after Suds. Cause, a cactus? Who cleans a cactus with a sponge? Of course. They knew he was a starfish. That's why Patrick thinks he can out smart anyone but, fails when, doing it
  • Wow.

Both of these episodes were really good.

Sleepy Time: I thought that this episode was very cleverly written. Spongebob basically jumps out of his own dream and goes into other peoples dreams, which are just big bubbles. I thought Patricks dream was hillarious. It shows how stupid he is. I also liked Plankton because that was the "nightmare". Then at the end everyones mad and tells him to stay out of their dreams. Then Patrick comes and asks for a quarter.

Suds: Also a good written episode, this one is about Spongebob getting a midnight snack and leaving the refrigrator open. That makes the house freezing and gives Spongebob "the suds". He calls Sandy so she can take him to the hospital. But then Patrick comes and convinces him that hospitals are bad. Patrick plays the doctor role and plugs in all of spongebobs holes. Patrick and Sandy get into the fight whilst spongebob is blown up like a balloon. Then Spongebob explodes, they go to the hospital, and Spongebob gets a treatment for it. When he gets a lollipop, Patrick fakes having the suds to, so he can get a lollipop. But Patricks treatment is worse than Spongebob's
  • Two very well written episodes.

Sleepy Time:
    SpongeBob goes out of his dream bubble at night and visits other peoples dreams. We see Gary, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Pearl & Plankton's dreams, and SpongeBob wrecks them all! In the end, they all come and complain, telling him to stay out of their dreams. I loved this episode. Particularly Patrick's dream. That was hillarious!

A-

Suds:
    Well, it could've been a little more interesting, but it was a good episode. SpongeBob leaves his fridge door open, and everything freezes over. Because of this, SpongeBob catches the suds. Patrick persuades SpongeBob not to go to the doctors, and assures him that he's a good enough doctor. Patrick & Sandy are hillarious in this episode, but the ending ruined it to be honest. Watching poor Patrick go through all of that torture was a bit painful to watch. However, that won't ruin the score too much.

B
  • Sleepy Time is a very nostalgic episode, and Suds is a very funny one.

Sleepy Time: This is one of the episodes I remember the most from my childhood. It brings me a lot of nostalgia. That being said, this is an alright episode. It isn't the funniest, but it is entertaining. My favorite parts were Patrick's dream and the parachute scene in Sandy's. Plus we get to hear Gary TALK in this episode, which is a big treat. A good, but not great episode that will always have a place in my heart. Score: B- 8.2/10

Suds: Not as nostalgic, but makes up for it in hilariousness! It had many funny parts, like when Patrick warns SpongeBob about the old magazines at the doctor, when the guy with the really deep voice giving SpongeBob a lollipop, and the end when Patrick gets clean. Plus the debut of the Patrick/Sandy duo, which really shined in a couple later episodes, most notably I Had an Accident. A great episode with some awesome parts.

Score: B+ 9.0/10
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Bed time stories!-with no Adam Sandler! Sleepy Time
    Both were great,but this ones a bit better.
    Liked all the dream scenes!,even Patrick's one.
    Though I have got to say the plot was a bit all over the place and there wasn't really a good way to end it.
    I also though it was funny the way that Spongebob can't even get his drivers lisence in his OWN dream!. Suds
    Doctor Patrick's cures were out landeshly funny-Peanut butter on the feet!!!
    Again,the plot wasn't wonderful but that not always a issue with this show and I liked Sandy's gresey grital line!
    Just one question before I finish "How many times can one sponge flaten his work place?"
  • Sleepy time: When having a dream Spongebob finds that he can visit other peoples dreams to Suds: Leaving the freezer open at night Spongebob catches the suds and has to visit the doctors. After Patrick tells him how bad the doctors is he de

Sleepy time: A good Season one episode. This episode is good it isn't great or bad just good. Some parts are funny like Patrick's dream and Gary's dream and some are quite boring like Squidward's dream. Overrall a good episode but just an average season 1 episode.

Suds: The best season 1 episode. This episode is the best season 1 episode in my opinion because of the ending and Patrick. Also it was funny how EVERY thing was frozen in Spongebob's house. But the best parts were the end with Spongebob and Patrick as real life objects getting washed (Or for Patrick getting put down the toilet lol)

Sleepy time: 8.2

Suds: 8.9
  • Great

Sleepy Time- Spongebob can't sleeps, so he begins to browse his friends dreams, causing them chaos. It's a pretty good episode, I didn't care for Plankton's dream (it was pretty boring, and uninteresting IMO) but other than that it was a pretty much decent episode. 9.5/10 A

Suds- Spongebob wakes up sick one morning, but Patrick convinces him that doctors are bad, so he refuses to go. It'll take some help from Sandy to help straighten this mess all out. Another decent episode I guess, not too funny, but interesting enough. 8.5/10 B+

Two decent enough episodes right here. 9/10 A-
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob he goes and enters everyones dream and he sees how all his friends dream like sandy and squid and even mr krabs and they get all mad after they keep kicking him out of each one and then they show up at his house and tell him to stay out of there dreams. also in this ep spongebob comes down with the case of the suds and is very sick and does not really feel good so he askes for patricks help and patrick is tring to help him but wont let him got to doctors becuase you got to read old magizines and stuf and sand comes right over and they go to the doctors and he gets the sponge treatment. this was a good one
  • Why,that's OK.

Sleepy time:

This is one of the first episodes I ever watched. It's very creative and too bad newer episodes are not as half as good as this is.
    SB's dream: Bizzare.
    Gary's dream: Confusing.
    Squidward's dream: Boring.
    Sandy's dream: Great.
    Patrick's dream: The best.
    Pearl's dream: WTH
    Krabs' dream: Amazing.
    Plankton's dream: Awful.
    Why am i doing this: No idea.
    9/10

Suds:
    Aside from some plot holes,this ep owns everything on its way and it's one of the strongest season 1 episodes. Everything is here:Patrick performing an occult ritual on SB, frozen blanket of the North, Sandy's phone that pwns the ultimative logic and psychic laws and, of course, Starfish cactus treatment.
    10/10
    . .
  • Sleepy time decent but suds made it terrible

5.1

Grade: 9/10 A-

Suds:
    SpongeBob comes down with a case of the SUDS - a flu-like illness in which bubbles escape through pores in the body, then Dr. Patrick comes over and tries to convince Spongebob that he can't go to the Doctor and all of the bad things that happen to people who go to the doctor like reading Old Magazines. This episode is terrible!

Grade: 1.2/10 F
  • A decent Season one.

Sleepy Time:A good episode. I liked how Spongebob started goping into peoples dreams and messing up. All of the characters' dream sequences were great and funny,except for Squidward's. The best dream was Patrick's, it was funny to see that the only thing he was dreaming about was being on a pony ride. An enjoyable episode.

Suds:A better episode. I loved how Patrick was telling Spongebob that the doctor's office was a horrible place, I found that hilarious. All of Patrick's attempts to cure Spongebob of the "Suds" were great, and the ending where Patrick pretends to be sick to get a lollipop was good too. Great episode.

This pair of episodes is one of the best of the first season.
  • Another awesome season 1 episode!

Sleepy time:
    What can I say? This was awesome! I loved the part where patrick lost his quarter and said "shoot. That was my last quarter.". That made me laugh out loud! I liked squidward`s dream. Especially when spongebob was going "la la la la la la". That was funny! I did not really like pearl`s dream because it was girly and it was really freaky and creepy. Aside from that, I love this episode. Final grade: A+

Suds:
    This was awesome too! I dont really feel like reviewing this one, but it was awesome! Final grade: A+. Two fantastic episodes! Cool!
  • These are also very special episodes because they are the very first ones that aired in the new millenium!

Sleepy Time was a great episode and I really loved how SpongeBob was dreaming but then somehow his dream body slipped out of his dream cloud! And it was so cool watching him see what his other buddies were dreaming! Like Squidward playing at a historical clarinet recital trying to impress a king! And Patrick was riding on a machine horse and used quarters to keep it moving all night long! And Sandy was parachuting from a plane down 114,000 feet! Trying to land on that itty-bitty little target! Plankton was a giant and zapped everyone he felt like zapping in Bikini Bottom! He finally ruled over the city! And Mr. krabs was trying to catch Mobey Dollar! But the bad thing is SpongeBob ended up screwing up everyone else's dreams, and the scary part is everyone came over to his house and told him to stay out of his dreams! They all knew it was him who invaded their dreams! It was like a magic act! Lol! Now for The Suds! This was also a great episdode that made me hungry when SpongeBob ate a Seanut Butter Sandwich at midnight!:P But he left the fridge open and everything froze over in his house! Now poor SpongeBob ends up getting sick with the suds! It was a great episode and funny when Patrick tried to help SpongeBob by being his doctor, but all of his attempts at curing SpongeBob were no good.:P He needs to see a real doctor! And there ain't no old magazines! Sandy was gonna be over at his house faster than a bare-foot jackrabbit in the middle of August on a hot greasy griddle! So yeah Suds was also a great episode featuring spongeBob getting sick but then getting cured! The ending was superb with the doctor and Hands washing SpongeBob to perfect cleanliness! So in total these were fantastic episodes!
  • This is pure gold!

This episode is great! I like it when SpongeBob takes over everyones dreams, even gary's. Patrick isn't a bright doctor and advisor. Anyways, I just love watching it over and over again. Keeps the SpongeBob fans wanting to watch more. I can't beleive he can get in people's dreams. Some people are so lucky, like SpongeBob. Well, he has his own cartoon series, of course he is. I like this episode of it's comedy and storylines. This was a great comedy episode. The part where he got the "sponge treatment" was good, also the "special treatment" for Patrick was also good.
< 1 2