SpongeBob SquarePants

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 17, 2009 on Nickelodeon

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

7.3
  • Great!

SpongeBob and his friends are suddenly swept away out of Bikini Bottom after a big wave hits. Now to get back home, with the help of JKL, SpongeBob and his friends must ride the big one. I had high hopes for this episode and they didn't let me down at all. So it starts off as Spongebob,patrick and Squid at the K K. Then it gets to hot so they go to the beach... Ok I won't spoil the rest incase you haven't seen it but, overall I thought this was a great special episode and it met my expectations.
  • Not expected, yet expected?

We have all seen that lately S[pngeBob SquarePants has been, "Floating out to Sea" But this episode shows it may be coming back.
    By this I mean they are losing there cassic touch to the show. Though this show has a better plot then usual, (for the new shows) and it also has a star appearence, Jhonny Depp. Where as another special, Atlantis Squarepantis had a guest star, David Bowie Is anyone else seeing the change?
    Well back to the episode. I loved the Plot. Swifted away by a wave and lost on island. JKL Has to teach SpongeBob Patrick, and Squidward how to surf, and the only wave that will take them back to the Goo Lagoon is "The Big One"
    They ride the wave, but one must be sacraficed, And the One was, JKL. Who jumped into the wave to save Mr. Krabs "Cashey" (His cash register)
    Yet JKL did not die, He met the gang back at the Goo Lagoon, With cashey in his hands.
    The whole gang had a party, and the episode ended then and there.
  • I thought it was half good half bad.

It was a lot better than Who Bob What Pants, and most of the other specials. I hope the directors learn to make more episodes with better plots and jokes like this. I mostly thought it was OK, but still an awesome episode compared to the newer ones they're making. Though JKL Didn't really sound a lot like Johnny Depp. Most of the funny parts has to do with JKL. I'm hoping to get the DVD soon. The most funny part in my opinion was the Davy Jones part with the live-action person. Some others might think this special was really bad, but I thought it was great.
  • As far as "Spongebob Squarepants" T.V. specials go, this one is well-worth watching! :D

Good gags, funny scenes, hidden jokes for adults, and all the other usual nuances found within "Spongebob Squarepants" are put to good use within this special. Yet the real treat is the two major guest stars found in this episode! Appropriately enough, Davy Jones of The Monkees fame makes a guest appearance as himself in Davy Jones' Locker! :lol: Even better, Johnny Depp guest stars as Johnny Kahuna Laguna or J.K.L. for short! When Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward get stranded on an island, they're going to have to find a way to learn how to surf and fast if they want to get back to Goo Lagoon and Bikini Bottom! And when Johnny Depp gets into some very neat method acting, Spongebob and Patrick will be awed and amazed at the way J.K.L. makes the ocean work for him and the dedicated students who pay attention to his teachings. Spongebob and Patrick learn that anything worth learning, is worth paying attention to. And Squidward learns to never underestimate a wave called "The Big One." Fortunately, Spongebob and his friends master riding "The Big One," get back to Goo Lagoon safely, and a big welcome back home party is thrown for their safe return. :idea: This is one great episode special, and I highly recommend it for anyone interested in humor, laughter, comedy, and entertaining family fun! 8) Enough said, true believers! ;)
  • Another disappointing 30-minute special...

5.5
    Well, I can see this has gotten some pretty good reviews so far. Sorry, guys...I'm not sure why. It started off kind of funny with Spongebob and Squidward struggling not to die of heat stroke, and then it was funny when Patrick first came into the picture. That's it. Nothing else was funny to me, although this special was overall funnier than "Whobob Whatpants?" It was interesting to me to see the Flying Dutchman for the first time since Money Talks, but it bugged me that he said he didn't know who Mr. Krabs was even though he DOES. Don't even get me started on Patrick's saying that he "could stare at JKL all day" or something like that. By the way, is JKL supposed to be a man or a fish? I'm not sure. Davy Jones's part came as kind of a surprise to me. I heard his voice before he was shown and I thought, "what's going on?" and then I remembered I saw that Day Jones was going to be in this episode in the credits. Unfortunately, this episode also had some weird randomness (not sure if that's a word, but who cares?) to it like Whobob Whatpants did, such as Spongebob holding the picture of Squidward underwater. What the heck did that have to do with anything? And RAINING JELLY DONUTS???????? The Big One didn't even have any mention until, like, the last three minutes or so of the show. Bottom line, this special was another disappointment to me. No offense to the people who liked it. Bye, now.
  • It's spongebob squarepants 10 years anniversary, well a way to celebrate it, is with a very special episode. Swept out to sea by a giant wave, SpongeBob and pals must learn to surf or be stranded on a remote island forever!

well eventhough this special isnt great as spongebob superb episodes, this special is way better than "WhoBob WhatPants?" and "Atlantis SquarePantis"
    this special is entertaining, and silly (duh! its spongebob), funny and charming, just like the old spongebob.

plus this episode feature johnny deep, yes johnny deep!
    johnny deep done a really good job voicing "JKL"

the episode has some really good animation too, plus the effects are awesome. gags are funny, and not really dumb at all and not forgettable. kudos the animator and writers and the crews for this special

bottom line is you should watch this special, its entertaining and funny in silly approach
  • I bought the dvd too, and it rocked!

Spongebob and Squidward were hot at work so Mr.Krabs took his buisness to Goo Lagoon. Then a wave comes up and Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy wash up on a island (but Sandy's not with them), and Mr.krabs was in the middle of Dutchman's triangle. So Spongebob finds surfers who were washed up on the island and they told them a legendary surfer named JKL (Jack Kahuna Laguna) can get help them get back home.
    This was an awesome special. My favorite parts was when Patrick was staring at JKL and said 'I kinda like staring at him' and the Davy Jones Locker part.
  • I'm seriously not kidding when I say this: The Best SpongeBob special ever!

I was impressed by this episode. Of course, it had a few bad things, such as Sandy being on a seperate island than them, but other than that mistake it was a perfect episode. It was a little rushed, yes, but it was still great, and definetly not as rushed as WhoBob WhatPants. Even my best friend (who BTW, is obsessed with SpongeBob) agrees with me that it's an awesome special. I loved the scene where all they did was stare at the fire. That was hilarious. Also, I liked this quote; JKL: "They call it the big one." Patrick: "Hey! That's what they used to call me!" There were many other funny parts of this episode, but I'm just too lazy to list the rest. And guess what, guys? We got an old writer back! Paul Tibbit wrote this episode, which was his first one in a while since MM and BB 6, I think. Anyway, I think it was an awesome special, and personally, it was the best special I've ever seen!
  • Cant wait to see it!

I saw the commercial a lot of times. I better not be disappointed (like I was with dunces and dragons and have you seen this snail?). It had better be good. The plot sounds pretty good. I hear spongebob and his friends get stranded on some strange island, and they learn that the only way back is to surf there. But, spongebob and his friends dont know how to surf, and some guy called "the big one" (one of my favorite actors johnny depp is guest staring!). But one of them will not return. Who will it be, or will everyone make it back there? Find out on april 17th at 8/7 central. It had better be good.
1 2 >