SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 17, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.3
  • I already saw this episode on DVD.

I personally am surprised at how this episode turned out. For once, I can say that nothing was rushed or way too childish. SpongeBob and Patrick were funny in this episode, especially in the scene where they're trying to learn how to surf (along with the narration). The surfer characters were great, and Jack Kahuna Laguna was the best. Johnny Depp did a good job at voicing him! Mr. Krabs and the Flying Dutchman gave a great performance as well and were not out-of-character (I loved the Davy Jones' Locker scene).
    Sandy paid a fair contribution to this episode as well with her small roles. They needed to include her in this episode, and I'm glad they did.
    The overall theme was basically being stranded and learning how to surf. Any show that takes place under the sea needs to have some kind of surf conflict, even if it is just a stinky mud puddle.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Squidward! He was in-sync in this episode as well, especially with his attitude towards JKL.
    Mr. Krabs' cash register Cashy should've been sacrificed, though. Why was Mr. Krabs obsessing over a cash register whose money drawer fell into the ocean, anyway?
    Oh well, this was still a very fine example of how they should make each SpongeBob special: dedicated with a special theme.