SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One

Aired Weekdays 5:30 PM Apr 17, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.3
  • A big disappointment, but not a big surprise.

Well another Spongebob Squarepants special that completely bombed. While it was definitely a step up from WhoBob WhatPants, it was still not at all worth my time. What does it tell you when the producers of Spongebob have to go out and get big stars like Johnny Depp to do voice overs just to pull in more viewers? Sounds like desperation to me. And it doesn't make since to me how these 30 minute specials keep turing out to be so terrible. Because in the mean time, the newest regular 15 minute episodes of Spongebob keep me laughing my butt off. Anyways...This episode started off just like any other episode, but quickly took a turn for the worst. It was boring, and once JKL (or whatever his name was) came into the scene it really just made no sense. The whole episode seemed pointless, and it just didn't flow well at all. The only thing that even made me crack a smile was when Spongbob and Patrick were under water and Spongbob pulled out a picture of Squidward. It's always the random stuff that makes this show funny for me. But other than that one instance, I was just bored. Nothing seemed to happen, and would someone please tell me what was with those new characters??? They didn't add anything to the show besides annoyance.
    Well I am done being critical now because I really and truly do love Spongebob, and I hate to talk bad about him :) He will always be my favorite, despite a few dreadful episodes.