SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 17, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.3
  • Best special since "Have You Seen this Snail?"

Wow! This episode turned out great! I really didn't expect it to be this good, but for once my expectations were wrong. This episode is really underrated. Sure, the jokes in it weren't too funny, but that's not really a big deal. I mean, compare the jokes in SBVSTBO to the ones in Atlantis SquarePantis. You'll notice a big difference, not only in the jokes, but also in the whole overall episode.

SpongeBob V.S. The Big One was well-written, in the sense that it's a post-Seasons 1-3 episode. It wasn't one of those specials that you just watch once and never watch again. It was the kind of special that you enjoy and want to share with your friends and family who haven't seen it.

What was really awesome about this episode was that there were no overly gross jokes in it. Now, that's how SpongeBob should be.

But, although I'm expressing how much I enjoy this episode, there are still some things about it that I didn't really care for:

One scene with JKL got kind of boring, but not boring enough for the rating to drop significantly. JKL, in most other cases, wasn't really that boring at all, thus my rating is still high.

The episode had a slight decrease in quality towards the end, but it quickly went back up to where it was before. Okay, that's enough of the stuff I don't like.

Altogether, this is really a great episode and it should be rated better. It could even be a sign that the show is going to improve, so it's best to think positive of it.

Oh, one more thing I almost forgot to menition:

The episode plot interested me so much when it was revealed that I just had to watch the audio recording of it that I found (thanks to a link that a thread on this site had). I really enjoyed the additional parts they showed that were exclusive to the dialouge recording.

Final episode grade: B+