SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 17, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.3
  • I tuned in expecting to see something great and amazing but in reality, it was a big letdown.

4.5
    There was a lot of hype about this particular episode. From fast food toys to streams or endless commercials advertising it, you could see the name "The Big One", everywhere. I tuned in because I wondered how "great" it was going to be. To be completely honest, the countless ads were getting on my nerve and it didn't even look too great. But I was a loyal Spongebob fan and watched it anyway.

I was utterly disappointed.

I guess you could describe this episode as being out of character because that's exactly how it was. Spongebob and the crew didn't act like their usual selves. They acted like bubbly cartoon characters. Where was the old, kind Spongebob that was in season one through five. It's like he's been taken over by a robot or something because the things Sponebob did in this episode were completely out of character.

The plot was crazy and all the facts were messed up. How does Sandy get electricity on an island anyway? And if the island was abandoned, how did she manage to open a five star resort? It didn't make any sense and I tried not to think any more of it but it still bugged me.

Overall, don't watch The Big One unless you want to tear your hair out. Whatever happened to the good Spongebob episodes anyway?