SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 17, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.3
  • This has been bugging me a while, but I gotta do it. This is called a CRITICAL REVIEW. I will be analyzing it without any objectives at all. This episode had potential, but it was never met among other things that I will discuss in this review.

Spongebob vs. The Big One. My God how annoying it became. I'll admit I'm not real huge on SB. I've found some quite good, but this episode changed my opinion completly. First off this episode felt quite rushed. The episode moved from Bob, Pat, and Squid to Sandy, to Krabs so fast it was hard to keep up. It was like they wrote it and recorded it all on speed. Second was the plot holes. Since it moved so fast, a lot of the plot was left out. Like......well there was to many to name. It was like some let Micheal Bay write the script. All it was missing was massive explosions. There were plenty of things they could've done to this episode. First get rid of the subplots involving Sandy and Mr. Krabs. They weren't really necessary to the episode at all. Second make it a hour long episode. This would've provided ample time to fix the plot holes and focus more and Bob, Pat, and Squid's training to get off the Island. That's really it. Now about my score.... Now the episode alone deserves a solid 5 by itself, but I can't give it that. This solely is because of Nick's marketing campaign for it. The ads were ok. It was the fact they had a solid weekend devoted to it and all they did was cram it down our throats. I swear every other episode was this episode. It was ridiculous.

So, in the end, Spongebob vs. The Big One, it all of its lackluster glory, deserves a 1. Nothing else.