SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob, You're Fired

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 11, 2013 on Nickelodeon

• Best SpongeBob episode and special! :)

When I saw the promo to this special I was so excited. I literally jumped up and down.

"SpongeBob You're Fired" is about Mr. Krabs firing SpongeBob to save a nickle. When SpongeBob got fired, he cried a lot, but that did not bother me. SpongeBob had a reason to cry. I felt really bad for poor SpongeBob. He did not deserve to be fired. It pulled my heart to see SpongeBob all depressed and woobified. I really wanted to hug him.

While the special was tearjerking, it was funny when SpongeBob was stuttering the word "fired" and Patrick said, "I can't come up with anymore words that start with the letter

Another thing that I like about this special was that Squidward actually acted nice to SpongeBob in the end. It was so shocking because in the pre-movie era Squidward was a jerk with a heart of gold, but then was flanderized and became meaner to SpongeBob. For example, Squidward was happy that SpongeBob was gone in "WhoBob WhatPants" and humilated him with no remorse in "Little Yellow Book". However, in this special, Squidward was UNflanderized and his soft spot for SpongeBob returned. This made me so happy.

My nit pic would have to be Mr. Krabs being too cheap, but that is just him.

Overall this is a special I recommend to SpongeBob fans.

Edit: Aaran24, just because someone keeps thumbs downing the negative reviews does not make them a troll. They are just disagreeing with them. I think I have thumbs downed some of those reviews myself. So, are you trying to say that anyone who disagrees with these negative reviews is a troll? If so, then I feel greatly offended.

Edit: Aaran24, I respect your opinion that you don't like this special, but I cannot get myself to hate it. You do not have to agree with my review. In fact, I think that it is good how you are expressing your own opinion. That's what a good reviewer does. Please, respect my opinion, though. I don't want this to turn into a debate.