SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob, You're Fired

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 11, 2013 on Nickelodeon

4.4
  • I hate this episode more than Boating Buddies, Yours, Mine and Mine, and even Atlantis Squarepantis.

I absolutely HATE this episode. Even if it's not sadistically cruel like A Pal for Gary, it doesn't make fun of suicide like One Coarse Meal, or spoils the climax but not it's genre like Atlantis Squarepantis. At least those episodes followed a goddamn plot. The concept for this episode is Spongebob getting fired. He was fired once in Squid on Strike and once in Karate Choppers. He even quit in episodes like Patty Hype and Nature Pants, so the fuck? Already it's concept is baseless. But it's worse. It rips off episodes from both the good and bad older and newer episodes of Spongebob. From the one whole minute of crying out of A Day without Tears to not being able to cook anything but Krabby Patties from Le Big Switch and even the ending of that episode to an extent, to even the fucking Title Card since an episode called "Mrs. Puff, you're fired" exists! But the worst thing is that Spongebob through the whole ordeal learns nothing. Even though he can make a wonderful business making snail food which throws a continuity error since he SOMEHOW can't cook the food at the restaurants, he still choose to wait hand and foot for Mr. Krabs and gets rehired because Mr. Krabs is a shitty business man and understands that he can't accept losing his best fry cook for a fucking nickel. Oh yeah. Mr. Krabs fired Spongebob for a fucking nickel. That rips off Can you Spare a Dime? because he fired Squidward, a much worse employee over a dime with sentimental value. This episode is what happens when you reach the bottom of the barrel and then you dump shit inside it just to dig into it again. The plot is based completely off of contrivance and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It shamelessly rips off other episodes; even the bad ones, sometimes acts in the episode make no sense due to something previously mentioned or committed, every joke in this special is less enjoyable than a root canal at a dentist, and it even tries to imply that it's good to be unemployed, ft. Patrick. Episodes like the Splinter, Stuck in the Wringer, Atlantis Squarepantis, One Coarse Meal and A Pal for Gary were signs that Spongebob needed to end. But THIS sack of whoreshit for an episode is a sign that Nickelodeon needs to fucking die. And hopefully Viacom goes with them as well.

UPDATE: 8/4/2014

I'm genuinely convinced that there's a troll going and spreading bullshit thumbs down on all negative reviews on this episode. Whoever is, needs to fuck off. This is a terrible episode, and my 4th most hated overall. NOTHING will change that, and if you have a problem with that, you shouldn't even bother.

Also, One Coarse Meal is my 3rd most hated episode from Spongebob, A Pal for Gary is 2nd, and Pet Sitter Pat is 1st. It's literally a shitty rip off of A Pal for Gary.

EDIT: 10/31/14

@Murvine_Taylor There is such a thing as a wrong opinion. And you definitely have it. An episode like this shouldn't exist. You claim that it may not be a troll thumbing down negative reviews, but what if they are right? Seriously, did you not read my review? This episode is nothing but a rip off in every sense of the word. It's a rehash showing that the show has run so short on ideas, it's feasting on it's own excretion just to stay alive. I legitimately think you are too stupid to know the difference between a piece of shit and chocolate. Well try using your damn nose and find which will taste good and not. Because... I legitimately feel that anyone who likes this episode is either suffering from brain cancer or has an IQ of -14812.