SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob, You're Fired

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 11, 2013 on Nickelodeon

4.5
  • Writers, YOU'RE FIRED!

Really writers? Do you have any originality anymore? I know a veteran like Doug Lawrence have returned but I guess they are running out of ideas. We've already seen Spongebob fired before, and we know it's not going to work well. So why do it again? More over, why would Mr. Krabs want to fire the employee that keeps the Krusty Krab is alive in the first place for a nickel? Also, here's something strange, isn't paying your employees a salary that would save you a only a nickel illegal? But let's see this episode's biggest flaw, the writing. After Spongebob gets fired Patrick tries to imply that being unemployed is a good thing, and shows him the fun of it. That's a good message for the kids aint it? After Sandy convinces him to find a new job Spongebob says I'm ready for the first time in years. Unfortunately this is the only good part about the episode. He then goes looking for a new job as a cook and he works at 4 different restaurants only to get fired from all of them because he keeps making krabby patties like dishes. We saw this in Le Big Switch and that never worked. But when he gets home he makes Gary new food and Gary claims that it's really good, and I sat there thinking,oh so he's going to start his own line of snail food. But no, apparently he gets kidnapped by most of the restaurant owners to become their new cook. You could have just called him you know. Then Squidward disguised as a giant burger hero rescues him and takes him back to the Krusty krab only to find out the Mr. Krabs sucks as a cook. Didn't we find out he was the chef of the SS Diarrhea, and that he couldn't even cook a can of peas? So Spongebob gets hired again and Mr Krabs installed a pay bathroom to get that nickel. Wouldn't that cost him a few hundred dollars to install in the first place? That's my problem with this episode, the writing is contradictory and there's no originality. Mysteriously, this was not created by the terrible duo of Zeus Cervas and Casey Alexander, I know Lawrence has helped create crap like One course meal, and Atlantis Squarepantis along with the terrible duo, but I have no idea how these other guys got hired in the first place. So writers, find a new job.