SpongeBob SquarePants

The Two Faces of Squidward / SpongeHenge

Aired Weekdays 5:30 PM Nov 23, 2007 on Nickelodeon

• New World Record! Most longest time card! Stick it bitch!

I don't care if on the wiki it says Spongehenge has the longest time card! 3000 years my ass! The episode just sucked. Yeah, 20000 was okay,but this deserves a righteous 1,sorry 20000,but your sister sucks.
  • SpongHenge is overhated, while 20000 Patties Under the Sea is overrated

SpongeHenge: Okay, so it's not GREAT, but I feel it's a good and creative episode. This episode gets way too much hate in my opinion, and it's my 3rd-favorite Season 5 episode after "Friend or Foe" and "SpongeBob vs the Patty Gadget". The ending was messed up, but this was actually a kinda solid episode in my opinion. 6.5/10.00

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: This episode was mostly pointless filler. There were some jokes and continuity nod here, but this is mostly just boring, and the ending made it even worse. 4.0/10.00
  • SpongeHenge brought the score down

SpongeHenge gets a 4.5 while 20,000 Patties Under the Sea gets a 6.5. So I'm going to give a median of 5.5.
  • Oh boy this is the mixed reception I'm going to get from the same writer (Richard Pursel)

This is the two sided of Richard Pursel (who wrote both of these episodes). Honestly he isn't the best writer ever but he just come off at writing episodes that will range from awful to awesome (at least he improved in his last episodes of SB) and make characters OoC at certain episodes. These episodes will clearly state why.

SpongeHenge: For Pursel standards, this was a bad episode. I rather watch it than the Battle of Bikini Bottom. This is considered his worst season 5 episode ever. No wonder why it panned too much. The plot didn't make that much sense. The only parts worth seeing are the beginning, Patric's appearance and maybe one more scene that I didn't know. The rest just sucked. OVERALL 3/10

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: For an episode written by the same guy it was a huge improvement. It still has its downs which was the ending and not being the best episode. More humor are there which include the beginning (I liked it because it's csllback to Jellyfishing) as the jellyfish approached to SpongeBob and Patrick, SpongeBob and Patrick crashing the Krusty Krab with a submarine, the kid kept saying the same flavor, SpongeBob and Patrick feeding the sea monster and then he eat the dirt Plankton. My biggest flaw was SpongeBob's line "I like Squidward" which prove that Richard Pursel make the character's relationship with Squidward very annoying in some of his episodes. OVERALL SCORE 9/10
  • SpongeHenge: apalling 20,000: Perfect

SpongeBob starts to attract jellyfish when the wind passing through the holes in his body produces music. However, they soon start to become a problem, forcing SpongeBob to hide in a cave.

20,000 Patties Under the Sea:
    When Plankton sees a mobile Krusty Krab made from an old submarine, he decides to make his own traveling Chum Bucket to compete with his rival, Mr. Krabs.

8.5 out of 10

• Wait...did anything actually happen in SpongeHenge?

This review is mostly about "SpongeHenge," because I really don't have an opinion on "20,000 Patties," except it wasn't really a groundbreaking episode. Nothing too exciting.

Now that that's out of the way, I can safely say that "SpongeHenge" SUCKED. There was NO plot! So it's really windy in Bikini Bottom, and the wind is blowing through SpongeBob's holes, creating a song that the jellyfish love. What does this have to do with the Krusty Krab? It just felt like it was only put in the show just so the wind could blow it away.

Then, SpongeBob is so desperate to get away from the jellyfish, he creates a bunch of statues that make their own song, distracting the jellyfish; SpongeBob runs back to the Krusty Krab, only to find that it's been buried. It then jumps to 3000 years later, to a bunch of aliens taking pictures of the circle of SpongeBob statues. The episode ends with a zoom-in of one of the statue's mouths while SpongeBob's laugh is heard in the background.

The only reason I did not rate this episode a 1 was because "20,000 Patties" wasn't horrible. But "SpongeHenge" definitely was. How can you like a story that has no real plot?

• "SpongeHenge" was overall good but not great and "20,000 Patties Under the Sea" was superb.

SpongeHenge: I thought that this episode was overall good but not great. It thought it was very funny when the leftover flew away from those two fishes because it windy and then that one fish says "No, why dear Neptune?". I thought it was funny when Mr. Krabs was dragging SpongeBob with a fish pole. What I didn't like about this episode was when SpongeBob said that he has never been tardy once but he have seen him being tardy before this episode aired. Also, SpongeBob said that he would make different sizes of those Spongebob statues but they are all the same sizes which everyone can obviously see. I also thought that the ending was totally bogus because SpongeBob is free from Jellyfish Fields and then the Krusty Krab was half buried with sand. I also didn't like how SpongeBob had that beard when he was stuck in the cave for a long time. Overall, this was a good but not that great SpongeBob episode but like I said, it wasn't bad. 7/10

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: I thought that this episode was better than "SpongeHenge". The only thing that really bugged me about this episode was when Patrick said to Spongebob "You said bye Squidward twice" and then SpongeBob says "I like Squidward". The writers are trying to prove to everyone that SpongeBob isn't gay but this episode isn't helping them at all and I'm mad at the writers for that. It was funny when Mr. Krabs turned the submarine into the Krusty Krab on the road. Plankton insulting everyone was the most hilarious part of this episode and then everyone throws rocks at him. It was also hilarious when everyone ran out of rocks and then they buy more rocks from SpongeBob and Patrick and throw those rocks at Plankton. Gene Simmons voicing as the Abyss was cool and when Spongebob and Patrick were feeding krabby patties and sandwiches to The Abyss. It was as hilarious when the Abyss mistaken Plankton for a chocolate eclair and chases after Plankton. I didn't the ending was that good because SpongeBob and Patrick traded in all of the money for colored rocks. Overall, this was a superb episode of SpongeBob. 9/10
  • One good episode and one extremely good episode.

SpongeHenge: This episode is hated by a lot of people but I only hate the parts with the jellyfish. There are too many funny parts to not like it, such as everything Mr. Krabs says and a bunch of small things SpongeBob says. Ending is okay. B+

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: This is an extremely funny epsiode, especially the beginning and especially everything Plankton says. The 'I like Squidward' part that evryone complains about is one of the funniest jokes in this episode, and it's not anything gay like people say. And Gene Simmons as the Sea Monster was pretty cool. A+
  • Not good, but not bad either.

SpongeHenge was kind of weird but I wouldn't necessarily call it "bad". I didn't really get why SpongeBob grew hair though. I thought it was kind of funny how the jellyfish loved spongebob's music coming out of his holes. The end was kind of weird when 3,000 years later aliens gather round to see how the jellyfish love the music of the giant spongebobs. As for 20,000 Patties under the sea, I kind of liked it. Spongebob trying to sell Krabby Patties and meets a monster. Okay. Well, anyway, these were decent season 5 episodes I guess that they were.
  • 20,000 Patties Under the Sea was alright but Spongehenge was horrible.

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: This was a good episode. It had some funny parts like "You said bye Squidward twice","I like Squidward". And then there was the ending where they got rid of the money but brought back rocks. Funny! Money is much lighter than rocks! It was overall a pretty good episode and I think it's worth watching. Final Grade: B (87%)

Spongehenge: This was terrible. The whole episode was just about Spongebob's holes making music from the wind and Spongebob trying to stay away from the jellyfish. This episode was soooo boring. Plus, I felt sorry for Spongebob from all the times he got shocked. Final Grade: F------ (24%)
  • Sponghenge was idiotic...

Spongehenge was one of the most boring and unfunny episodes ever. First of all, the plot/concept was idiotic and extremley lame. Jellyfish following Spongebob because they want to dance to the music playing when the wind goes through SB's pores. Seriously, how moronic can it get? It's a rip off of the bad episode "Jellyfish Jam". Wow. A rip off of a crappy episode. That's pretty sad. This proves they really ran out of ideas. Very dissapointing. If you want to see some good new episodes, watch "The Two Faces of Squidward" and "Not Normal". They are actually somewhat funny and interesting unlike this.
  • I hate these episodes even more than I hate Atlantis Squarepantis. No joke. (Also, my comments below are in no way meant to be offensive to homosexuality. I'm just pointing out that the producers have always said that Spongebob ISN'T gay and now-)

These episodes are perhaps the worst episodes ever. Spongehenge was actually only slightly subaverage. The episode was bad, not HORRIBLE (except for the ending) and Mr. Krabs and Patrick were pretty funny. The ending was stupid, and it seemed like a rip-off of a bad idea for the Twilight Zone. Actually, when he went into the cave, the episode sucked.
    20,000 Patties Under the Sea is definitely my least favorite episode, even worse than Karate Island. The only authentically funny part was Plankton's barrage of insults and the old woman's reluctance acceptance of his comments. Other than that, this episode sucked.First of all, the line, "I like Squidward" didn't seem right. I mean, I thought that Nickolodean was adamant about Spongebob not being gay The new episodes seem to amp it all up. (Not that I'm against people being gay Next, the monster was dumb. It was a bad concept. And I hated Plankton's fate. I would've hated it more, but Plankton was also bad. ("I sunk the Krusty Krab!") If this episode comes on, switch it to something better, like Malcolm in the Middle or Fox News. (I'm being sarcastic here of course).
  • SpongeHenge was crap, but 20,000 Patties Under the Sea wasn't too bad.

This is another one of those episodes where I have to give such a low score because one of the episodes is so stupid. In this case, it was Sponge Henge. Why do I hate this episode? Because, it was just stupid. Nothing happened except SpongeBob trying to get away from the jellyfish because the wind was causing him to make music through his pores. Hmm. Does this plot sound at all familiar? Yes, it was a total rip-off of Jellyfish Jam. Also, the only funny parts in this episode were when Mr. Krabs said, "Uh...I'll never understand a word you just said," and when Mr. Krabs had dragged SpongeBob across Bikini Bottom and then he showed up at work in that terrible condition and Mr. Krabs is like, "Now you're ready for work!" and when Patrick said, "Fishy go bye bye." But with the small exception of those three quotes, nothing funny happened at all for the rest of the episode. Also, I thought the ending was really retarted too. So here is my final grade for this episode; F-. Now as for the second one, it wasn't that bad. The one thing I hated was that the Chumwhiches looked really gross and disturbing. This one was a lot funnier than the first one, with quotes such as in the beginning when Pat was trying to say, "Roger" but he kept screwing up and said other words, or when he said, "I wonder if I could order pizza through this thing," and this quote; "SpongeBob: There's a weird thing sticking out of the ground over there. Patrick: Nah, that's just Squidward sunbathing." And I suppose the quote when SpongeBob said, "I like Squidward," was funny as well. But my grade for this episode is a D for the crappy middle and crappy ending.
  • The first one was nothing short of boring and unfunny, but the second one was kind of good.

SpongeHenge is one of the most boring episodes of Spongebob out there. I don't think I've laughed once when I've watched it. Also, did anyone else notice that all the stone Spongebobs were the exact same size even though Spongebob said he needed to make a bunch of different sizes? Even Patrick was totally out of character. Enough said. 20000 PUTS is kind of funny, but not one of the best season 5 episodes. It did have a little grossness to it, but I liked a few parts, like when Plankton was talking to the little kid and all those people started throwing rocks at him and when Spongebob said bye to Squidward twice and said "I like Squidward!" Hahahaha! I also liked how Gene Simmons did the voice of the sea monster. It's a good episode overall even though it's a little weird at times. Marebear2009, out!
  • 20,000 Patties Under The Sea: Best Line of the Series "I Like Squidward"

In 20,000 Patties Under The Sea when Spongebob and Patrick are saying goodbye to Squidward and Mr. Krabs Spongebob waves and says "Bye Squidward, Bye Mr. Krabs, (then quietly) bye squidward" Then patrick says questioningly, "You said Squidward twice" Spongebob replies "I like squidward" When Spongebob said that me and my brother stated laughing hysterically. To him and me it is and will probably be forever the best line of the entire series from season 1-6 (all of them)! Both me and my brother will never forget this line. Every single time we think of this or see or hear it we start cracking up.
  • 20,000 patties under the sea: spongebob and patrick find a submarine and sell krabby patties and feed them to a monster. spongehenge: the jelly fish like the wind passing through spongebobs holes creating music.

20,000 patties under the sea: i dont really like this one because it gets even more boring everytime you see it. they dont really do much in this episode. spongehenge: i like this one because it cracks me up. when spongebob wakes up he has food all over his face he goes outside and he makes music with the wind passing through his holes attracting jellyfish. And it was funny when spongebob was working and how he made the patties, the wind blowing all the ingredients on to the wall. that was classic. but it would of been a 10 but 20,000 patties under the sea ruined it and made it be a 9 but spongehenge was worth watching.
  • A little irritating, espicially SpongeHenge.

Spongehenge was not good. It was not funny and they beat Planet of The Apes to death. Also, why did SPongebob get a beard? That just didn't work for me. IT could have worked, but didn't. It was way too cliche' and unfunny.

20,000 Patties Under The Sea was a giant step up. Although Gene Simmons was somewhat wasted, I liked seeing a sea monster in the show and Plankton and the child was funny. This was a vast improvment over the below average SpongeHenge.

OVerall, this was just a filler episode that probably will never be put on the standout Spongebob episode list.
  • What the heck do you call this episode? (Full Summary in the review)

SpongeHenge should be called SpongeCrap. I seriously hated this episode more than any other SpongeBob episode. So, if you're wondering what happened, here is what happened: One night, SpongeBob wakes up to wind blowing through his pores which makes a song that the jellyfish like. First of all, I thought this plot was stupid, pointless, and a rip-off. It was a complete rip-off of Jellyfish Jam. But the plot was totally stupid. Secondly, I did not laugh at any parts, but Patrick's line, "Fishy Go Bye Bye." And even then it wasn't too funny. Patrick was WAY out of character when he said to SpongeBob "You're a negative influence SpongeBob!" Patrick, why didn't you help your best friend? Also, nothing in this episode made a bit of sense. Why would the wind blowing in SpongeBob's pores make music? Wouldn't they just make like, a howling noise or something? Now, there have been episodes of SpongeBob I have hated in the past before, but this is at a whole new level of hatred. (Absolutely no offense if ya do like this episode) Grade: F---. The only reason I did not give this less than a 1 was because of the second one that aired. 20,000 Patties Under the Sea was funny at some parts, but most of it was disgusting and boring, mostly the Chumwhich parts. Anyway, Mr. Krabs makes the Krusty Krab mobile to attract more customers. Almost everyone was so out of character in this episode. Especially Plankton, who insulted all those people. Where in the world did that come from? Anyway, like I said, while some parts were funny, not all of this episode was good. Nevertheless, it was so much better than SpongeHenge. Grade: C-.
  • I liked this episode, hooray for Gene Simmons and his surprising cameo appearance! :D

"Spongebob Squarepants" still has something very important that keeps me liking it, and that thing is humor. Besides from being a sponge, the star who the show is named after is exactly like a person only funnier and more absorbent. But this time, his sponginess comes into play when the wind blows through Spongebob's spongey holes and attracts the jellyfish. Normally, Spongebob likes being around jellyfish but they're preventing him from going to work. Desperate for a way to get back, Spongebob carves Huge replicas of other Spongebob Squarepants out of stone with holes in them, so the wind will blow through them and the jellyfish will be attracted by that instead. It works, but the time it took Spongebob to accomplish this was so long that by the time he gets back to the Krusty Krab, it had long since then been closed! :lol: And also, even though Gene Simmons is a rock star with a passion for wearing make-up, even he relishes the opportunity to guest star on "Spongebob Squarepants." The way this happens is Mr. Krabs gets another brillant idea. The idea is that he will have a traveling restaurant so Spongebob and Patrick can take the Krusty Krab to potential customers. It's no surprise that the traveling restaurant becomes a hit, but not in the way that Spongebob and Patrick expected it would be. Unfortunately, the duo fall down an abyss and what should they land on except a one-eyed, giant, green sea monster voiced by Kiss lead singer Gene Simmons?! And the best part of all, he just absolutely Loves Krabby Patties and eats theem up like there's no tomorrow! And Plankton who had been trying to sabotage the two heroes really gets himself into trouble when His traveling restaurant explodes and he gets covered up in dirt and mud and looks like a chocolate eclair to the monster! Needless to say, Plankton's going to get a workout! "Spongebob Squarepants" can still hold its own even against newer shows with newer ideas. This is still one show that hasn't really gone wrong. Enough said! ;)
  • Ok.

Ok. Ok. Well. this is weird episode in a sort of way. I didn't find this episode to be very good becuase Plankton was way out of character. I saw Plankton acctually being evil! He's not supposed to be evil, he is supossed to try and be evil. That's a big mistake! The Sea Monster was really stupid. SpongeHenge was ok, but the ending was flat out horrible. The stupid aliens ruined it all. SpongeBob finally made music! :P Our good friend SpongeBob did not do his best in this episode. SpongeBob did ok, to put it at that. Ok. Ok.
  • What was this?

SpongeHenge: OK, who came up with this episode? I'm sorry, but this is the worst episode of SpongeBob ever! Nothing happened, the storyline was pointless, and it wasn't funny. The ending made no sense. So basically what happened was that when wind blew through SpongeBob's holes, they made music that the jellyfish liked. Boring! Even Patrick's part was not funny. The only part that made me laugh was when Patrick said, "Fishy go bye-bye." That's it. I don't recomened this episode to any SpongeBob fan. Grade: F-. 20,000 Patties under the sea: I liked this one, but it still wasn't that good. Again, it was pointless. SpongeBob and Patrick fed a giant monster Krabby Patties to keep it calm. Pathetic. Plankton was funny in this episode and so was SpongeBob. I recomened this episode, but don't expect too much from this. Grade: C. Final Grade: D.
  • SpongeHenge-Spongebob attracts jellyfish when the wind makes music through his pores. 20,000 Patties Under The Sea-Spongebob and Patrick make a travling Krusty Krab, and then must feed a sea monster lots of krabby patties

Okay, well SpongeHenge was definatly a weird idea for an episode. It was actually pretty good, though! It was funny when he came out of his cave years later and the Krusty Krab was gone! And then it showed what people thought of the "SpongeHenge" 3,000 years later! That was good. Now onto 20,000 Patties Under The Sea: This was my favorite episode that aired on November 23rd! It was a lot better than the summary I gave. The Sea Monster was cool because he looked like a dinosaur, and this was only the 3rd time in the series that Spongebob traveled into a deeper area: the other times being the Movie and Rock Bottom! A very good and funny episode, and because of that the overall grade for these 2 episodes was an A.
  • Okay, it's really not making my good enjoyment.

Now, this episode got terrible at first but got okay at the end.

SpongeHenge: That had to be the shockingest episode I've seen in my life! The wind makes SpongeBob's holes play music and the jellyfish likes it?! Okay, this wind storm makes the episode too streched out. Noboady could help SpongeBob, not even Patrick. He was out of character! I know some people who could help him. Maby having Ami and Yumi help him. Geuss what? SpongeBob didn't get help from them! Here's where it gets bad. SpongeBob goes to a cave to hind from those crappy jellyfish. To make things worst, SpongeBob grows hair from being in that cave for an wnkown period of time and he carves a SpongeStone whatever that is to have company and uses him for music in holes with jellyfishs but they don't like it! Here's where things get more worst. SpongeBob makes more SpongeStones, bigger ones, and uses them to you-know-what! The jellyfishs likes it and cause a migration! Here's where things get even more worst! SpongeBob finally got through those jellyfish and can go back to work, but the Krusty Krab is near sinking in sand and SpongeBob just screams "No"! What can be worst then that? Oh, how about a terrible ending! We just cut to 3000 years later and see a jellyfish migration with those SpongeStones with weired characters saying its formation is unknowen! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Aardvark: And to think, this episode started with just a wind storm.
    Ant: You know, speaking of wind storms, I'd better get into my hill. A wind storms coming.
    Aardvark: It's a good thing neither of us have holes. Who'd want to end up in a jellyfish situation. Wait up, Ant!

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: I sorta enjoyed that episode. I liked the idea of a mabel Krusty Krab and that sea monster looked cool. At least the ending's better.

I hope another episode like SpongeHenge doesn't happen again, but a episode like 20,000 PUTS happens again.

• Man I really laughed! lol!

I liked these in their own way.

SpongeHenge: A very cute episode were they jellyfish love SpongeBob, and they have loved him before, but you walk before you can run. That's what made the episode so good. It ran instead of walked. I think the ending though, should have been more thought into it.

20000 Patties Under The Sea: In this episode, I didn't find Patrick, SpongeBob, or the Sea Monster to be funny. I found Plankton the funniest. Watching him get in a fight with an old lady, a man, a woman, and a boy was funny!

SpongeHenge Grade: A-
    20000 Under The Sea: A-
    Final Score: A+
  • It was okay.

SpongeHenge: This episode got good until then! This episode is very special to Spongebob, but the ending became sad. Spongebob was about to go to work, but he finds the Krusty Krab shut down(I don't know what happened)and Spongebob was wearing a beard?! NOOOO! Patrick was out of character too. At least the episode itself had good culture for Spongebob. This really explains how bad it is to stay in a cave for years, bad idea! Curse that windstorm! This episode had no happy ending!

Episode Grade: 73.1(C)

20,000 Patties Under the Sea: This episode was pretty exciting, but I think Plankton shouldn't get what he deserves in this episode. Whoever played the role for the sea monster, it was great! I liked it.

Episode Grade: 78.6(C+)