SpongeBob SquarePants

Squid Baby

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Sep 03, 2012 on Nickelodeon

6.1
  • Yet another stinker episode.

Really, what is wrong with the new writers? When will the show ever return to its glory days? They just need to end it, because this is not helping the low quality streak. 0.5/10

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on August 22): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • Okay...

The episode is okay, not sucky or great, but okay.

Some of the old writers came back as well, and the My Leg gag is returning, and plus the episode was kind of funny, in my opinion. But still, it could have an improvement...
  • A horrible episode but with a shocking good moment........

1.5
    by itself this episode sucks, but it features the potential return of the "my Leg!" gag, after baby Squidward draws on a fish's face the fish says " my face, my face! Also my leg but mostly my face!"

Now let's get down to the actual episode, it is so stupid the plot is stupid and everything is stupid. and austindevine7 is right, this DID rip off an episode of rugrats, I saw that one. good going Nick, ripping off your former most popular show. I do agree with some other users that season 9 is actually good, BUT this episode isn't
  • nonsensical and inconsistent but OK

This episode is OK and the reason why I gave it such a low rating is because it has such a very weak plot and it is also ripped off from an episode of the Rugrats where Stew falls off the roof and after words he has a mind of a baby, that is just sad, Nick. I forgot to mention the weak ending were Squidward bangs his head on freezer and plot in-consistences like where the doctors tell Spongebob and Patrick to protect Squidward's head or he will remain a baby forever and yet he was hit in the head multiple times. Final Verdict this episode is harmless but it's just lame and not funny
  • Man-baby

5.5
    I don't mind that episode but it's one of my dad's most hated episodes. He didn't like it because Squidward was acting like a baby. Even he didn't like the idea of spongebob having to change diapers. The episode is okay to me. If I were Spongebob I would have reported the doctor impersonator" to the police (The doctor sounded like he didn't know exactly what he was doing). And "itis" means infection so I'm convinced he's impersonating a doctor. And I hated the "fart" noise at the ending.
  • clever

This was a very clever episode. It was pretty funny too. I thought it was the best episode this season.
  • so funni

i love it
  • When the strongest feeling I get from a new episode is the desire to watch its seasons 1-3 predecessors, something's not quite right.

As we all know, SpongeBob has been plummeting down into Crapville since the movie. Ergo, it doesn't come as a surprise that this is a horrible episode. In sharp contrast to the witty, humorous nature of the episodes belonging to the early seasons, with this one, I felt as though I was just sitting there waiting for something to happen.

Gone are the clever storylines and classical, adult humor present in the early seasons. Instead, make way for gross, unsettling scenes and flat, mundane plots that may as well be churned out of a hippo's rear end. Honestly, what the Hell were the writers thinking when they decided to implement a scene involving Squidward (as a um... manbaby, of course) puking out mud-colored food onto SpongeBob's face?!!?

Then, we have Mr. Krabs in this episode. Dear Lord, could the writers have made him ANY more unsympathetic, greedy and selfish? As stupid as the plot may have been, he did not give a rat's behind about what had happened to poor Squidward! What's more, he proceeded to yammer on about... you guessed it.... the customers' money. Bravo, Mr. Krabs!

If there had to be a "most annoying character" on this show, it would now no doubt be SpongeBob SquarePants himself. I remember the classic episodes -- SpongeBob had this sort of adult voice but with a childlike aura about it at times; when he was serious, he sounded serious -- but at the same time, you could detect a scent of joyfulness in his voice. But what about his voice from the movie to the present? It is GODAWFUL. I HATE it. It's as if Tom Kenny wanted to make him 100% CHILDLIKE, with little to NO sense of adulthood in there -- this new voice is obnoxious, overbaked and high-pitched beyond belief. For those reading this review who are unfamiliar with SB's new voice, but are familiar with his old one, remember in "Squid's Day Off" when SpongeBob replied, "I'M SURE YOU ARE!", in a high-pitched voice, to Squidward's, "I don't like your tone!"? Well, his voice is now like that ALL THE TIME. Ugh.

Need I remind you that the aforementioned dialogue is also a fine example of the show's former brand of humor? Seriously, these new writers, along with Tom Kenny, need to be fired. Until these writers turn things around, and until Tom Kenny alters SB's voice back to its former glory, SpongeBob remains in the dust. When the strongest feeling I get from a new episode is the desire to watch its seasons 1-3 predecessors, something's not quite right.
  • Wow are you kidding me?

1.5
    Squidward gets a head injury causing him to act like a dumb baby. Okay, that is such a bad plot because how would you hit your head and act like a baby the next second? Has that ever happened to ANYONE? NO! This was another bad epsiode to season 9 same with the milkshake epsiode. Like I said there, anyone can make a MILKSHAKE! There running outta ideas!
  • A Rare Gem

Honestly, I was worried for this season, most of the episodes have not been that good. However, despite the creepiness of this episode, I found it amusing and funny for a post movie episode. This would have gotten a 4 if this were a season 3 episode though. The really only funny/creative joke was the My Leg joke.
  • Underrated again

Squidward gets a head injury thinking he's a baby so SpongeBob and Patrick look after him. I know some people might hate the episode for childlish parts but I'm fine with it. It doesn't beat Rock a bye Bivalve though but it wasn't really that bad. There were some boring and annoying parts in this episode. So far the weakest episode in this season. I hope the next Squidward episodes will have less annoying SpongeBob and Patrick in this season. This will be one of my high hopes for season 9. I got a LOL during the part where Patrick was watching TV with the same background music from Rock a by Bivalve and the my legs refrence. Other parts are short laugh moments. Overall, a great but the best episode for season 9.. 8/10
  • Season 9 will be EPIC! I can tell

This episode was a great episode of SpongeBob. It was a funny and enjoyable episode. This kind of reminded me of Rock-A-Bye-Bivalve but I think I liked Squid baby a bit more. Squidward looked really weird in this episode but that really wasn't a problem at all. My favorite part was when SpongeBob couldn't find a place to change Squidward. That was hilarious! It wasn't My favorite episode but possitivley not the worst. If the writers continue to write episodes like this, season 9 could be one of the best seasons of SpongeBob ever! I look foward to other new episodes!
  • *Shudders* Eww...

1.5
    Summary: Squidward gets a head injury causing him to revert to the mindset of an infant, resulting in SpongeBob and Patrick caring for him until he gets better.

Okay...I'm going to be honest here: this may be one of the creepiest episodes of "SpongeBob" I have ever seen. A fully-grown Squidward suddenly being turned into a man-baby. A MAN-BABY. As if the writers hadn't put him in enough scenarios to embarrass and demean him already, they had to resort to this. If he had been turned into an actual baby (like in "Goo Goo Gas"), that's one thing. But...a MAN-BABY? That just has some weird, fetish-like feelings surrounding it. It just feels...wrong.

Plus, SpongeBob and Patrick are told not to let Squidward get any more blows to the head. So what happens? Squidward gets repeatedly knocked in the head! Genius! As if anyone didn't see that coming a thousand miles away. And then, of course, there's Mr. Krabs being so addicted to money, he doesn't even care that Squidward is in no condition to work; as long as people are stupidly willing to give him money, he doesn't care that he's basically letting a baby run the cash register.

The only funny line in this episode came from the fish that had his face drawn on by baby Squidward: "My face! My face! Also my leg, but mostly my face!"

And then, of course, even though Squidward takes repeated blows to the head throughout the episode, all it takes is a little ice to bring him back to normal, albeit with a very...dirty diaper. I repeat: EWW.

I know people aren't going to agree with me on this review, but in my personal opinion, the creepy factor was just too much in this episode. Seeing adults act like babies isn't cute, and it isn't funny; it is DISTURBING AS ALL HECK. I really haven't appreciated all the crud the writers have put Squidward through in the newer episodes, but after seeing this, I feel the need to make them promise me that they NEVER do something like this ever again. Definite thumbs-down.
  • Squidward gets a head injury thinking he's a baby

Squidward gets a head injury thinking he's a baby so SpongeBob and Patrick look after him. Been a while since I've reviewed on here, I don't know ever since that whole no-blog thing decision made..... I've just stopped reviewing. I think I'll only review the new SpongeBobs for now on.... don't really know yet. Anyways, this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It's not the best episode ever made though and some of the parts in this episode were pretty boring and I just didn't laugh much here. The storyline was great for the most part at least but the episode a little too strange and lacking for me to give it a 10. If some people hate this episode, I understand no doubt about it. There were some pretty funny moments here like SpongeBob and Patrick playing with their baby toys (it was kinda funny though), Patrick throwing baby Squidward up in the roof and he gets stuck, Patrick lifting up the streets and accidentally smashed baby Squidward's head when he put the streets down (most hilarious part easily), and a few more. I didn't laugh much here but for what the episode was given, it is enjoyable. The ending was also pretty funny too but kinda awkward and strange at the same time and it's really nothing special in the end. Overall, not the Season 9 episode that I would expect from this show but it's great to watch though... I would recommend it if someone asked me if the episode was any good. 8/10
  • Rock-a-Bye Bivalve squiddy edition

funny as heck epuisode. great moments. squidward in a baby-state of mind cause of many head damage. great ending. this episode explains how annoying babies can be and i agre 100% cause we were all like this XD but still funny episode. great plot. cant wait to see more episodes
  • Squid Baby

Squid Baby:

Plot: Squidward gets a head injury thinking he's a baby so SpongeBob and Patrick look after him.

Review: This one had an excellent concept on paper, however it could have been executed a tad better. So bacisally Spongebob and Patrick annoy Squidward for the thoundsandth time by acting like babies. Squidward (while attempting to get back to his "grown-up" then trips on some old baby toys and crashes straight into the mailbox causing a head injury known as, head go boom boom or something of that sort. Now Spongebob and Patrick must look after him and becareful not to let him take anymore blows to the head...but we all know that they can't do that. Eventually after taking so many blows he finally reverts to his own self.

Final Thoughts: Good but could have been better...

Final Grade: