SpongeBob SquarePants

Squiditis

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 11, 2012 on Nickelodeon

7.8
  • Squidward fakes a disease to go home but SpongeBob thinks he has caught Squidward's fake disease for real

When Squidward goes home sick with a fake illness, SpongeBob HypochondriacPants thinks he's caught it for real! I thought that this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". Weakest episode of Week 2 for brand new SpongeBobs but it still ain't so bad. Could've been better but it most certainly could've been worse so this was enjoyable enough at least. The storyline wasn't really executed well and the episode was getting boring at times plus SpongeBob was a little annoying here but not REALLY annoying though, just a little. I also didn't laugh much here, the only parts that made me laugh were "That''s funny, you were the second person today to tell me that" "Who was the first?" "Squidward", Squidward telling Mr. Krabs that he is sick when Mr. Krabs knows that he is just faking it along with the whole "Mr. Krabs nothing" (said 3x times by Mr. Krabs), SpongeBob's line about how he knows that romantic comedies are meant to be funny but they always make him cry, SpongeBob's line "Now we have 99 more sequels to go", and the very last scene of the episode with Mr. Krabs being afraid of "Romantic Comedies" and telling SpongeBob to keep it away from him (that was the most hilarious part of the episode). Overall, it could've been better but it was still a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 8/10
  • SpongeBob thinks he caught Swuid's diesease

When Squidward goes home sick with a fake illness, SpongeBob HypochondriacPants thinks he's caught it for real! I thought this episode was great. My only complaint was SpongeBob was being a little annoying here. I did laughwed at some parts like Squidward getting diesase, then he try to tell Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob trying to home by putting boiling oil, SpongeBob and Squidward watching the romantic movies, Mr. Krabs taking care of the Krusty Krab by himself, then SpongeBob said "we got 99 more squels," and the ending. The last part was really the funniest for this episode. Overall, this was a great episode. 8.5/10
  • Meh episode

After Tuesday's close to perfection of an episode, I was kind of disappointed in the quality of Squiditis. I thought Mr. Krabs would have bought Squidward's act and then Squidward would feel guilty or something, but the plot turn with SpongeBob was okay. One thing that really annoyed me was that SpongeBob's antics with Squidward from Seasons 6 and 7 kind of returned here and that was bothersome. Also, the ending with Mr. Krabs actually thinking he had the disease was a lack of continuity because he knew it was made up earlier but then he thought it was real. But, it did have some good humor and an interesting story that actually I wasn't expecting. Overall, 7 out of 10.