SpongeBob SquarePants

Squid's Visit

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jun 04, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.6
  • Creepy

Of course, an awful Season 7 episode. This is in my top 5 of "Worst Episodes of SpongeBob". It is creepy how he completely copied Squidwards house, PLUS how he stole the vacuum cleaner. Squidward should of just called the police. I hate new SpongeBob episodes.

• Disturbing and downright creepy

A while ago I did a list of Top 10 Worse Spongebob Episodes, but considering I never seen this episode until this point, I didn't put it on the list. This episode though is making me want to go back to my list and revise it so this one can be added.

It starts off with Spongebob asking Squidward to come over to visit his house, but, in a very pleasant way, Squidward says no. This causes Spongebob to start crying(Like he does in every episode now it seems) and beg for Squidward to come over. Spongebob clings to him throughout his trip home on the bus to a restaurant he eats at. Think that's creepy? Oh, that's only the beginning. So when Squidward tells Spongebob off that he will never come to his house, Patrick tells Spongebob that the only way to get him to come over is if he borrows something and he'll have to come see him. Squidward is in his house and making some food, but he hears a noise and goes over to his closet and finds a note from Spongebob saying thanks for "borrowing" his vacuum cleaner and laughs. Squidward calls Spongebob and demands the vacuum he stole, but Spongebob says he didn't steal it, he borrowed it. I guess no one ever told Spongebob breaking and entering and robbery is considered a crime. To make things even worse, Spongebob breathes heavily into the phone for a couple of seconds. Trust me though, this isn't the worse part of how creepy Spongebob is. So Squid finally goes to Spongebob's house and sees that it had been entirely decorated to be like Squidward's house. Spongebob literally gets every detail down to the wire from a pillow Squidward got from his mom to a small hole he made when he moved in. If this is supposed to be funny, the writers are seriously wrong about this. Spongebob knows every nook and cranny in Squidward's house, meaning he's broken into Squidward's house enough times to get the layout of it completely. This isn't funny, this is the time Squidward should go call the police and have Spongebob taken away to an asylum for help. So Squidward finally gets his vacuum back and leaves, but sees his house burned down because of the food he left in the oven. Spongebob offers Squidward to stay in his house, which causes the latter to snap and then we see more creepy imagery. So our episode ends with Squidward fainting and resting on his vacuum cleaner.

I just want to know one thing about this episode. Do the writers really think it's funny to see Spongebob be turned into a psychotic being who knows everything about his neighbor's house? This isn't funny, this is scary, disturbing, and creepy. Nothing about this episode was funny from the way Spongebob acted like a crybaby to his stalker like actions in the rest of the episode. You know, it's times like this that made me glad I stopped tuning into Spongebob, because if this isn't ultimate proof the show is continuing to sink, then I don't know what is.

FINAL SCORE: 1/10
  • Three words: CREEPY and DISTURBING!

1.5
    Okay this episode was so bad I don't even know why I'm reviewing it in the first place! I liked the fact that Spongebob wants to have Squidward over, but if Squidward doesn't want to visit DON'T MAKE HIM! In my opinion this is the worst Season 7 episode I have ever seen! It was so creepy and disturbing! I love Spongebob, but this episode was even worse than The Clash of Triton! It was disturbing how Spongebob stole Squidward's Vacum cleaner and instead of Squidward calling the police he just goes in and guess what? Everything inside Spongebob's house is the same as Squidward's house! That's just creepy and this stupid episode is totally not for children. I don't know what you're thinking when you actually think this was a good episode! The ending was even more disturbing! I mean the ending was the worst part about this episode! Especially when Squidward was eating with the Vacum Cleaner and fainted after Spongebob let Squidward stay at his house! I felt bad for Squidward his house burned down! Season 7 was doing so well why did we have to have an episode like this? Overall Grade: (1.5/10) F
  • Darn you spongebob

FREAKING WORST EPISODE

-3,000,000/10
  • Creepy and not for kids.

I mean, who ever thinks this is good should get his or her head fix. This one of the most creepiest shit I have ever seen. The story of Squid's Visit begins with Spongebob trying to get Squidward to visit him, and he askes him like he's wanting to go out on a date with him. No matter how many times Spongebob begs, Squidward refuses to visit him and rather thank taking no for an answer, Spongebob takes note for a underhanded tatic from his friend, Patick Star.

This is where things really start to get creepy.

While Squidward's back is turned, Spongebob steals his vaccum cleaner in order to lead him into the pinnapple. But, instead of going to the police, which would of have been a better idea.......he goes and visits the pinnapple to get his vaccum cleaner. It turns out that Spongebob renovated his entire house took look just like Squidward's.

I'm not sure what the humor is in this episode, they just keep emphasizing just how messed up it is. I mean, while Squidward is trying to look for his vaccum cleaner, he gets freaked out over how Spongebob copied everything from the house of his. Okay, this is beyond creepy.

Spongebob has broken into Squidward's house enough times to memorize every little detail.

He went through all that trouble just to get Squidward into his house? What the hell is he thinking?

Eventually, Squidward manages to finds his vaccum cleaner, unfortunatly the minute he steps outside.

Then comes a very creepy scene of Squidward going crazy.

Atleast Squidward sleeps soundly in his replica and Spongebob sleepin in Squidward's burned down house.

Anyway, thanks Nickelodeon for making this episode, because you fucking gave everyone nightmares!

Final Score: 1.0

Grade: F-
  • terrible, but with one good part.

Since SpongeBob made an exact replica of Squidward's house, Squidward should have had an easier time finding his vacuum cleaner, by looking for it in the place where Squidward would keep it in his real house.

The good part was Squid's insane ending.

2 out of 10

• It's official: SpongeBob is a stalker.

Was this episode supposed to be funny? Because all I saw was behavior that would constitute a visit from the police.

It's another one of those "Squidward abuse" episodes. First of all, why does SpongeBob want Squidward at his house so badly? Is he that desperate for some company? Or maybe he just has some obsessive, twisted crush on Squidward. If that's the angle the writers were trying to get, they succeeded in that aspect.

When Squidward refuses SpongeBob's pleas to visit his house, SpongeBob responds by taking Squidward's vacuum cleaner. When Squidward calls SpongeBob to confront him, SpongeBob responds by inviting Squidward to come over and get it, and then BREATHING HEAVILY into the phone. Warning sign number one.

So, Squidward ends up putting his food in the oven to cook, and then goes to get his vacuum...only to find that SpongeBob has redecorated his house to look EXACTLY LIKE SQUIDWARD'S. Warning sign number two. Squidward once again demands his vacuum, but SpongeBob very bluntly ignores the demands, instead trying everything he can to make sure Squidward stays. Warning sign number three.

Finally, Squidward gets fed up by SpongeBob's unreasonable behavior, and gets his vacuum back himself. However, by the time he escapes SpongeBob's house, he realizes that his house has burnt to the ground because of his food in the oven.

And does SpongeBob apologize for keeping Squidward so long that his house burnt down? No! He just offers to let Squidward stay at his house.

The episode ends with Squidward staying in the replica of his house (SpongeBob's house), while SpongeBob and Gary sleep on the remains of Squidward's house.

There was nothing entertaining about this episode; SpongeBob was acting not only like a jerk, but a stalker. Like I said, if the writers wanted to make SpongeBob out like a guy with an unhealthy obsessive crush on Squidward, well, they hit the nail on the head here.

• Decent BUT the writers can come up with a better storyline than this

This wasn't a bad episode in my opinion and I'll give it a good score because I liked the storyline... I didn't LOVE it... I just LIKED it. I don't know why the writers would come up with a storyline like this though. Squidward told SpongeBob that he has never visited his home but we've seen him visit his home in the past episodes. Squidward also told SpongeBob that he has never called him on the phone but AGAIN we've seen him call him on the phone in the past episodes. I guess those things are what bugged me the most because it seemed like the writers forgot when Squidward visited SpongeBob's house or when Squidward called SpongeBob. I also didn't like it when Squidward told SpongeBob that he would rather be comfortable in his own home than SpongeBob's ugly home or something like that (Squidward is the one that said it). It was very funny that SpongeBob turned his house exactly like Squidward's home and that everything was exactly as Squidward's house was and Squidward gets scared and freaked out. Squidward's shocked expression when SpongeBob told him that he could stay at his house after Squidward's house burned down was funny. Although, I didn't like the ending in this episode. Overall, this was overall a good episode but the writers can do a better job to make a better storyline than this. 7/10
  • I liked this episode, SpongeBob will do anything to get Squidward to come over.

I thought it was funny how desperate SpongeBob was to get Squidward to his house. I mean, he made an EXACT replica of Squid's house JUST to get him to come over. Now THAT'S what I call desperate. I thought it was funny how squidward was so creeped out that SpongeBob got down to cracks in the wall, and exact contents of his medicine cabinet. And how he tried to convince himself that the replicas of his art weren't true art pieces, just mimickry. Squidward will never admit that he isn't even that good at art himself. He's in denial.
  • Alright. Gets kinda boring

Spongebob wants Squidward to visit him at his house, so he makes an exact replica of Squidward's house, borrows his vacuum, and forces Squiddy to stay at his house. In the end Squid's house is burned down because of some food he left in the oven he forgot about.

It's an alright episode but I find it kind of boring in some parts. I also didn't really like the resolution, with Squid being in Spongebob's house and Spongebob being where his house used to be. So I guess a "C" or so would be appropriate for this particular episode. Average
  • MY FIRST REVIEW!!!

For some reason I like this episode!
    I like how SpongeBob really wanted Squidward to come over and visit him.
    Well, actualy that's the whole episode, but the plot is just great! The scene with the phones was hilarious too! Also the scene where Squidward found his vacuum cleaner made me laugh!
    Altough I like Squidward abuse (don't hate me!), I felt a little sorry for him at the end where his house burned down...
    I know the end was a little weird and SpongeBob acted a little stupid again (like he does in many other season six episodes), but it was good enough to give this episode a B-.
  • Interesting episode...I think.

Squid's Visit: Spongebob wants to know what Squidward's up to the following afternoon, and wants Squidward to visit his house. Well, Squidward visited Spongebob several times, and called Spongebob several times, I think this episode is where Squidward officially visits, when Spongebob thinks Squidward would visit to borrow something so Squidward could get it back, it works, and when Squidward enters, the inside of the pineapple is an exact replica of HIS house. Squidward is angry and suspicious, Squidward searches for his 'borrowed' vaccum and finds it upstairs where Spongebob put all his decor stuff, when Squidward exits, he finds his house singed when the casserole was overcooked and blames Spongebob for stalling him from taking it out from the oven. Squidward's house is now going to repair soon and Squidward decides to sleep in Spongebob's house where all his replica stuff is, while Spongebob is offered to sleep on the spot of where Squidward's house was. One funny moment was the crazy hallucination of Squidward and his vaccum. Spongebob made Squidward's casserole bring the house down, so that's accidently a little too far. Not a bad episode, though.

C
  • This was a very good episode. The best one I have seen in months.

Okay, so in this episode Spongebob wants Squidward to pay him a visit. When he comes over (only to get his vaccum back) he finds that Spongebob has made his house look exactly like the interior of Squid's house! I thought this was pretty interesting. Overall, the episode gave some good laughs. I liked how Squidward's house burned down because Spongebob kept him over at his house and thus Squidward forgot about the casserole. However, there was one error- Squid was visited Spongebob's house many times (well, at least he was been over there.) He has also called him many times before. Besides that, good episode. Much better than the other ones that aired during the new episode week.
  • Not bad.

Well, tonight's episode offered us the return of Squilliam, which is always a good thing, even if it was so brief that if you blinked you missed it. We also got Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (did he not change it to Barnacle Man in an episode?) which led to a fun storyline about Spongebob and Patrick wearing ridiculous costumes of them. The show still produces some clever storylines, I must give them that much credit, but the jokes and laugh out loud moments just are not there anymore. Spongebob Squarepants may very well be on its last legs right now.
  • Kinda had some Squidward abuse

Spongebob asked Squidward if he had any plans after work. Squidward said he didn't, and Spongebob offers, or forces I should say, him to come over to his house. Squidward constatly refuses and Spongebob kinda gives up. Patrick comes over and tells him if he borrows something from Squidward he'll come over and get it back. Spongebob takes Squidward's vaccum and Squidward goes to get it back while his casserole is baking. Squidward goes inside Spongebob's house and sees he made an exact replica of his house. He looked around and every little detail in his house was exactly like his. This drove Squidward being insane and mad. He finally got his vaccum and left. He sees his house got burned down because he left his casserole in the oven too long. Squidward got really frustrated and kicked Spongebob out of his own house to stay. Spongebbo just stayed where his house burned down. I felt bad for both Squidward and Spongebob but it was a good episode, not as great as yesterday's though.
  • My first review in a while.This eppy was good but not awesome to me...

It starts out with Spongebob asking Squidward if he wants to visit his house keeping his cool then then after a while breaks out into tears and begs him to visit then after Squidward goes into his house Spongebob just gets up and says "Ok see you tommorow!"Then tommorow he asks again and Squidward is all like "NOO!!I will not leave the comfort of my home to go to your trash dump!" or whatever name that he insulted his house with.so Spongebob thought if he didn't want to leave the comfort of his home he should bring it too his house!So what does he do?He makes a COMPLETE replica of his house!The plot of this episode is a little...well not the best plot in the world.It's a little ridiculous.Like his house burning down because of his casserole or whatever his green ooze was.The ending was obvious.I saw him kicking Spongebob out of his house coming.So all in all it was ok.
  • Nowhere near as good as yesterday's episode, but still somewhat satisfying.

Poor Spongebob! Squidward really let him have it in this episode. This has happened before, yes, I realize that, but something made this time sadder than usual. However, Spongebob was, as usual, oblivious to Squidward's hatred for him. The ending was sort of weird. Where did Squidward's vision of dating his vacuum cleaner come from, and why did he yell at Spongebob because his house burned down when HE was the one who left his casserole in the oven? I did like how Spongebob managed to duplicate every detail of Squidward's house. That was very clever. I also liked Spongebob's note to Squidward and how he turned himself into the note. That was random and unexpected. Overall, this was episode was sort of weird and interesting at the same time, and it had some funny moments. Definitely not the best one of the week, though. Hopefully tomorrow's will be better. By the way, Teen_Tomboy, I'm very flattered. Thanks! Marebear2009, out!