SpongeBob SquarePants

Texas / Walking Small

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Mar 22, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• Classic Vintage SpongeBob

I'm giving this review to Texas, because, I could really care less about Walking Small. It is a solid episode, but there isn't as much good things to say about it.

Texas is, and has always been, my favorite episode of SpongeBob. I love everything about this episode. It has a lot of jokes on there that could be taken offensive to people of Southern descent, but since I'm not from the South, I don't get offended by the jokes. It also contains a double entendre where Patrick covers his crotch after being told his "genius" is showing, which is very clever. Admittedly, I think the chase scene is very boring, but it does lead us to the end where Sandy is led to The Krusty Krab, where they are holding a surprise party for her. I do think Sandy is a very interesting character (and my favorite character on the show), and on this episode it shows a lot that Sandy is very closely connected with Texas, so much so that if anything that reminds her of Texas gets damaged or insulted, she gets very emotional towards it. Overall, this episode gets a 10 out of 10 because it is a very good example of why the first season of SpongeBob is the best, and why no other season can top it.
  • Texas and Walking Small were equally great.

Texas: When Sandy is homesick she decides to move back to Texas. SpongeBob and Patrick are planning a surprise party at the Krusty Krab to make Sandy feel like she's home, but by the time they finish planning it she's getting ready to leave home. Things start to get ugly when Patrick and SpongeBob make fun of Texas. I thought it was hilarious when the musical notes from Sandy's song are on Patrick and he says "Get 'em off me! Get 'em off me!" (It's funnier than the way I'm explaining Patrick's final lines were funny too. This is probably one of the funniest episodes of season 1. 10/10

Walking Small: Plankton wants to clear the beach so he can build The Chum Bucket Mega Bucket there. Since he is too small, he gets SpongeBob to clear the beach by teaching him how to be mean. It was funny when SpongeBob thought Plankton's expressions meant something else. (Eg. Take a hike!)

It was also funny when SpongeBob morphs into a surfboard when Scooter breaks his. While it is not as great as Texas, it is still a perfect episode that has lots of funny gags. 10/10
  • Sandy is homesick and Plankton try to get SpongeBob mean

Texas: I didn't enjoyed this episode that much but it was good to watch. The one thing that bugged was SpongeBob and Patrick making mean comments about Texas to make Snady ***. Seriously, that wasn't even funny, it was offensive. But it was hilarious when SpongeBob was shaped like Texas. Other parts I laughed were the majority the beginning, Patrick asked "where" when SpongeBob called him a genius, everyone crying when they heard the song, and the ending. It was actually nice that the people were throwing a surprise party for Sandy at the Krusty Krab. As I said, the rude comments of Texas were reason why my score is a bit of low. I didn't like the chase scene that much...a waste of time. Overall, a good episode expect for those problems. 7/10

Walking Small: Superb episode and it is better Texas in my opinion. My only problem was Plankton trying to make SpongeBob mean by doing stuffs rude stuffs. Although it was super hilarious when he ripped the volleyball and acted like an elephant. The parts that made me laugh are Plankton saying something then the people heard a squeaking, Plankton inside SpongeBob's mouth, SpongeBob doing nice stuffs, and that's pretty much it. Overall, a superb episode. 9/10
  • Texas: (POSSIBLY) offensive to Texans but hilariousWalking Small: Perfect

10 out of 10

• great

What I liked (Texas)- the ending with Patrick asking if he should start running, Sandy's song about Texas, Sandy deciding not to go to Texas, amongst other things.

What I liked (Walking Small)- the whole plot of Spongebob being 'bad', and then being good, was great, and I also liked "Be assertive, not insertive!", and the ending of the episode.

Grade- B-
  • "Texas" was hilarious and "Walking Small" was superb

Texas: I thought that this was a hilarious episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" that made me laugh so hard. I also love this episode because I actually live in Texas... El Paso, Texas. Sandy's song about back in Texas was very good and it was funny when everyone can hear the song and they were crying. SpongeBob and Patrick trying to get Sandy by calling Texas "stupid" in order to get Sandy to chase them all the way to the Krusty Krab was absolutely hilarious. I laughed so hard when Sandy lassoed Patrick and then SpongeBob freaks out. SpongeBob and the others making Sandy cry with happiness was very nice. The ending was hilarious when Patrick said "Yeah, who needs dumb ol' Texas?" and then Sandy said "What did you just say?" and then Patrick responds "Should I start running now?". Overall, a hilarious episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10

Walking Small: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It wasn't as good as "Texas" but it was still enjoyable to watch. It was funny when Plankton is using SpongeBob so he can clear everyone out of the beach by teaching SpongeBob how to be mean. SpongeBob doing all his stunts such as destroy the volleyball and having an elephant trunk, and SpongeBob using his extremely long tongue to get the hot dogs were pretty funny. I also thought the ending was funny when SpongeBob formed into a volleyball for the everyone. The only thing I didn't like was how mean SpongeBob was being to the fishes especially because Plankton was the one who did that to him. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10
  • Texas saves the day.

Texas:
    Okay,this wasn't so funny episode like most of them from season one,but it was OK. To be honest, my favorite part was the very beginning with SB and Patrick playing in the sand. The ending was incredibly stupid,I hated it.
    6/10
    What's so great about the dumb ol' Texas anyway?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Walking small:
    This episode was boring as hell,but I watched it a long time ago so I can be the right judge cause I can remember the details at all.
    4/10
  • Two More Amazing Episodes

Texas: This episode is my favourite out of the two. First of all , I love the song! Mostly because sandy sang it! Second of all, I love spongebob and patrick teasing sandy about texas, How could that NOT be funny! Third of all, The running was for two reasons, Which just somehow made it better! Wow, This episode can not be beat!

Walking Small: Still a good episode, But not AS good or funny. I still LOVE the episode! First of all, Plankton saying "Aggresive" "Insertive" just made it funnier, Because of course, The creators woulden't ever make spongebob understand it! Second of all, The spongebob parts were so funny! I love the insertive and the tie your shoe part!

Overall, I give these episodes, Once again
    A+
    They were both GREAT episodes!
  • Good

Texas- Sandy misses her homestate of Texas, and Spongebob and Patrick taunt her about Texas in order to stop her from leaving. It was a pretty good episode, funny near the end with Patrick and Spongebob running from Sandy, but other than that, just ok. 8/10 B-

Walking Small- Plankton tries to take over Goo Lagoon, but needs help from Spongebob to take over the beach, as by teaching him to be more assertive. I didn't really enjoy watching Spongebob being mean to others, not so good. 7/10 C-

2 low points of s1, that aren't highly reccomendable to others. 7.5/10 C+
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob sandy cheeks is feeling homesick about her home back in texas and sings a song about it and spongebob finds out so him and patrick want to make sandy stay so they get togeather and they plan thing at the krusty krab for texas and thing is she decides to stay at the end when she sees hom many people like her. and in the second part planton is back and wants spongebob to acert himself and not let people push him around and he starts to be mean to people and its to avacutate the beach so planton and do some building there. and spongebob sees that and he brings everyting back and is happy again and plantons plan is ruined this was a good ep
  • Texas is one of my personal favorites! Walking Small was excellant!

Ok, Texas is all about when Sandy gets homesick, and wants to move back to where she came from, Texas. Spongebob and Patrick try to prevent it by throwing a party. I LOVE when Patrick insults Texas and gets chased for it. I also like the ending when Patrick says "Who wants to live in dumb ol' Texas?", and when Sandy says, "What did you say?", and then Patrick says "Nevermind". Anyway, this episode just knocks me OUT. Ummm... the scores please? Humor: 9.6/10 (sublime): There is numerous funnies in this ultimate episode. I love the chase the best when Patrick gets caught in the rope, and the explosion. That is one of the funniest moments in this episode.

Graphics: 9/10 (sublime): Great graphics for the characters! Sound n' Voice Casting: 8.9/10 (magnificent): The song wasn't very annoying, in fact, I actually like it! Also, the sound effects for moments like the explosion were a nice touch. Dialouge and Language: 8.7/10 (magnificent): The character lines for this episode are magnificent! Plot: 9.6/10 (sublime): The plot is great! It is original, and not even an inch close to the weird side! Grossness Factor: 110 (extremly low): -0.1 points off the original grade. Bottom Line: This is a fantastic episode! It deserves a 9.7/10 from me.
    _____________________________________________________ Walking Small review: OK, this episode is all about Plankton trying to take over the Goo Lagoon, and turn it into "The Future Sight of The Chum Bucket Mega Bucket". But, he thinks he is too small to do that, and he convinces Spongebob to kick out all the beachcombers without telling him what Plankton is going to do. This episode is not as good as Texas, but it is still good. Anyway, here are the scores... Humor: 8/10 (magnificent): Just plain great, nothing that laughs my head off. Sound n' Voice casting: 8.7/10 (magnificent): I like the surfing guy's voice. Also, I love the music that plays during the episode. Dialouge and Language: 7.6/10 (adequate) Kinda wimpy... Plot: 8.9/10 (magnificent): Also another amazing adventure by Sponegbob Squarepants. But, not AS original as Texas. Graphics: 9/10 (sublime): Just as great as Texas, do you know why? It is because they were both made in 2000. Grossness Factor: 2/10 (very low): -0.2 off the original grade. Bottom Line: This episode isn't one of my favorites, but it is great. It deserves a 8.1/10 from me Notice: These grades are not averages). Well, once again it looks like my work is done here, stay tuned for my next review!
  • Walking to Texas!

Texas
    It's one of those episodes that gets really annoying after a few viewings.
    Though it's one of the biggest rolls that Sandy gets, it doesn't really have anything that is to particularly interesting, plot vise and jokes.
    Plus like a lot of the season 1 episodes, most of the characters are a little out of character. Walking Small
    The better of the two and the first real episode that plankton was in that didn't involve the Krusty Krab, per say.
    I liked the jokes and the plot was well paced for once.

Over all Walking Small was easily the better of the two in all respects...ok, if you count sympathy then Texas wins.
  • Texas is really good, while Walking Small is great too.

Texas: Very nice! It had a great song and some awesome humor, like:
    "Patrick, your genius is showing!" *covers privates* "Where?"
    "What's so good about Teeeeeex-assss?" "Yeah, who needs dumb ol' Texas!" "What did you say?!" "eerr.. should I start running now?

An awesome, often overlooked episode.

Score: A- 9.3/10

Walking Small: Not as good, but still alright. It's nice to actually have a Plankton episode where he isn't trying to steal the formula. My favorite part was this line: "Hey, pencil neck! Yeah, you, slither over here!
    Surrender that ice cream cone or every waking moment for you will become a swarming torrent of pain and misery!". Good 'ol Plankton. It isn't the BEST episode, but I found it quite enjoyable.

Score: B+ 8.9/10
  • Not as good as most episodes from this season.

Texas:An alright episode. Sandy is feeling homesick, so Spongebob and Patrick prepare her a surprise party at the Krusty Krab. But Sandy leaves for Texas before she can see the surprise. However, she comes back after Patrick insults Texas. Spongebob and Patrick then provoke her by insulting Texas so she'll chase them down to the Krusty Krab. She does, and when she sees the surprise she decides not to leave. This episode was okay. I thought Spongebob and Patrick's insults were hilarious and the song was great, but I didn't like how Sandy was all moody in this episode.

Walking Small:Not as good. Plankton wants to build a Chum Mega Bucket on the beach, but there are too many people there, so he convinces Spongebob to be "assertive" and mean to everyone so they'll leave. He eventually gets Spongebob to do it, but Spongebob realizes Plankton's plot, so he starts being kind to everyone again so that they'll come back. The episode had enjoyable moments, but it wasn't as funny or as entertaining as the last one, mainly because of the lack of jokes. An average episode.

Overall, this pair of episodes is decent.
  • Whats so great about dumb old texas?

Texas:
    Best of the episodes this season. I love the classic line "what is so great about dumb old texas?". That made me laugh out loud! This is the greatest episode in season 1! How could anybody hate this episode? This is on my top 10 favorite episodes list. Final grade: A+.

Walking small:
    This is funny too! Another one of my favorite episodes. I like the events. This was a truly amazing episode. My favorite part was when... well, every part was my favorite part. I love this episode! Dont act like you hate it. You cant fool me! Final grade: A+

Final grade: A+
  • good but not great

Texas: Sandy Cheeks becomes homesick for her native land of Texas, so SpongeBob and Patrick try to find a way to bring a little bit of Texas to Bikini Bottom before Sandy goes back to Texas. Will SpongeBob and Patrick convince her to stay before it's too late? Liked this one nmore A 9.0/10

Walking Small: Plankton tries to get SpongeBob to be mean, ruthless, and nasty, and it almost works, but will SpongeBob's good heart make him become nice again before it's too late?

This one I thought was good but I didn't think it was that great.

Overal 9.0/10 A -
  • These episodes were okay.

Texas was a good episode because Sandy was building sand castles with spongebob and Patrick on the beach! They built a sand tree dome for Sandy while Sandy made a sand Texas! The shape of the state on the real life US map and all! But when it was washed away by waves, she realized that she misses her home, she sang a sad song about it which made everyone at the Krusty Krab cry! She really misses Texas, but then she realized she was at home because everyone she knew cared about her! A happy ending! Good thing SpongeBob and Patrick taunted Sandy to get her to come to the Krusty Krab! That part was hilarious! Walking Small was an alright episode, we get to see Plankton trying to take over Goo Lagoon for restaurant expansion! He was gonna build the Chum Bucket Mega Bucket! Spongebob had fun eating strawberry ice cream! And also there was a main thing Plankton was trying to get Spongebob to learn: being assertive! But he was too nice, he even let a guy have buried treasure! Once SpongeBob finally does Plankton's orders, it all works out in the end because SpongeBob became an agressively nice person! Everyone came back to the beach and Plankton's evil plan did not succeed. "need hatred!" Then Spongebob and his friends had some more fun at Goo Lagoon!
  • Meh...

Texas:
    I liked this one a lot more than Walking Small. It was generally better, and funny. Particularly Patrick (no surprise). Basically, Sandy is about to move back to Texas after feeling homesick, but after Patrick says "Who needs dumb old Texas?", Sandy comes back and chases them to the Krusty Krab, where there's a surprise, and Sandy realises she was home all along.

B

Walking Small:
    This episode was just too boring for me. Plankton gets SpongeBob to be "assertive" so he can build the "Chum Bucket Mega Bucket" in Goo Lagoon, but SpongeBob ends up helping everyone after he sees what he's done.

C-
  • MEGA BUCKET?

Texas
    This episode, you learn... Never mess with Texas! Sandy gets homesick of Texas so, Spongebob trys to bring a little Texas to Bikini Bottem. Till Sandy announces she's goin' back home to Texas. But, Patrick and Spongebob insult Texas so Sandy will come back but, Texas is comin to attack!
    Final Score: B-

Walking Small
    Plankton wants to make a new Chum Bucket called "The Mega Bucket". But, he learns he's too small. So, he teaches Spongebob how to be agressive. Soon, it works and, everybody leaves. Spongebob learns about Plankton's scheme and, desides to bring everybody back.
    Final Score: B

Final Score: B, 8
  • Review #6

Texas - If you have noticed, I haven't given this one a "Big" ten this time - - - The idea of re-viewing this one, was because of the idea, the creators have used. Even though they probably won't, looking at the idea that Sandy could leave Bikini Bottom is quite depressing. But it is not a bad thing though...because this show has everything; Jokes/Adventure/Horror/Romance and this approach draws me in better. Plus as a SpongeBobxSandy lover, taking Sandy out of the character mix, would make me shot (and the other fans, would do the same I guess) myself in the friggin head.
    Walking Small - Bless Plankton & his nice ideas = Build the Chum Bucket on Goo Lagoon and get Spongebob to scare away the citizens, because Plankton is way too small, ha-ha.
  • I liked Texas the best!

In Texas, Sandy misses her home witch is well... Texas! She desides to leave and go back home because she is homesick, but Spongebob and Patrick try to get her to stay by being mean. In the end, she chases Spongebob to the Krusty Krab where they had a party for Sandy and she decides to stay.

In walking Small, Plankton tries to get Spongebob to be mean and clear the beach. At the end, Spongebob brings everyone back. Together, these episodes were both great. I liked them alot. They had most of the main characters so I would recomend it to people that are new to Spongebob and people that are already Spongebob fans.
  • 18th episode

Texas: When Sandy can't stop thinking about Texas she cries and goes to her treedome to sing a song about her hometown Texas. So Spongebob got an idea to bring Sandy back home by throwing a party about Texas in the Krusty Krab, but Sandy really wants to go back to Texas unless Spongebob and Patrick makes fun of Texas which really made Sandy angry so she can go to the Krusty Krab and then she learns that home is where you're loved by many creatures around you. Then she has a good time.

Walking Small: Plankton wants Spongebob to be mean to others just so he can take over the Goo Lagoon. But his plan failed.
  • Texas was awesome!

Texas was amazing! It was so hilarious! Dumb old stupid Texas! LoL!! Patrick was hilarious!! He cracked me up so hard! Sandy becomes homesick, and SpongeBob and Patrick try and make her feel better, but then they make fun of Texas abd Sandy gets really mad. Walking Small was a really good episode, but it wasn't as good as Texas. This episode was also very funny. Texas is probably one of my favorite episodes so far. I watch it a lot on the 1st Season DVD. So overall, one very good episode and one excellent and hilarious episode. Go Texas!!
  • This episode is great and a very good one.

Texas:
    Sandy starts to miss her home back in Texas, and sings a song about her home that makes everyone in town cry. So SpongeBob and Patrick decide to throw a Texas party at The Krusty Krab. But SpongeBob and Patrick find out that Sandy's going to go back to Texas, so they start saying bad things about Texas and she starts chasing them down. They lure her into The Krusty Krab and she sees the party, so she decides to stay.

Walking Small:
    Great episode and it was really funny but I don't got much to say.
  • Very funny because in the episosde Plankton denines that he is small.

Plankton brings his boldozer up to Goo Lagoon tells the fish to get off the beach but they can't hear him. Then he denies he is small and he needs someone bigger than him. Then Spongebob walks by him. Spongebob goes to the ice cream stand and Plankton gets him an ice cream. Then Plankton tries to teach Spongebob how to be aggrsive. The first time Spongebob says the wrong things. But when Plankton is about to leave Spongebob begs him to give him a second chance Spongebob obeys. Then when all the fish leave Plankton shows Spongebob his ture plan. Then Spongebob brings back all the fish.
  • Texas

This episode is hilarious! Sandy the squirrel, who is originally from Texas , gets home sick and decides to go back to Texas,but Spongebob and P atrick don't want her to go,so they start making fun of Texas.This makes Sandy mad, so she chases them all the way to the Krusty Krab where Spongebob has made a surprise party for Sandy to show her how much people like her. Then Sandy realizes that she was home all along, because home is where all the people that love you are.This is my favorite episode because so many silly things happen in it.
  • funny in a very odd way

Texas has to be one of those funny episodes because Patrick tries a very feeble attempt to make fun of Texas and somehow he actually make Sandy angry. This was definitely a good and funny episode to watch that made me hungry to watch more episodes. However I get disappointed every time after I see it because then Walking Small is on. I am just sick of that episode. It is okay to watch one or two times but after that it just gets so boring and annoying. Overall the episode Texas saved Walking Smalls butt from getting a low rating from me.
  • Texas was OK and Walking Small was excellent

Texas was kinda OK the only great part was when SpongeBob and Patrick were mocking people from Texas just to get sandy to stay that was really a hilarous part. In other wors Walking Small Was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really liked that ep it's where Plankton tricks SpongeBob into being evil for the Chum Bucket Mega-Bucket site SpongeBob then returns everything he stole because Plankton told him to steal them that was a great episode plot.
  • Luigi

7.9
    These two episodes were pretty good as well. I may have liked the episode Walking Small more than the episode Texas, mainly because I don\'t like Sandy that much. In the first episode, Texas, Sandy begins to miss her old home land, which is Texas. Spongebob and Patrick must do what ever they can in order to keep Sandy in Bikini Bottom, and that includes insulting Sandy and her home land, Texas. The second episode, Walking Small, is about PLankton. He tries to start the Chum Bucket Mega Bucket at Goo Lagon, but first he must clear the beach. I think the titlt came from Walking Tall. And that\'s my review.
  • I love it.

I like the episode but it's not my favorite episode.

Texas: Sandy is homesick and she misses Texas. It seems she wants to go back there. So Sponge and Pat do some"special things" so that she won't leave Bikini Bottom.

alking Small: Plankton teaches Spongebob to be aggressive. But is Sponge to silly to become an agressive man?
< 1 2