SpongeBob SquarePants

That Sinking Feeling

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jul 08, 2010 on Nickelodeon

• Pretty good episode

The other reviews cover the rest. Like the plot. This episode airs with the equally good Karate Star.
  • sqiudward SNAPPED!

squidwards rage was really funny . i agree with SpongeSebastien, it was finally entertaining to see squidward annoyed!
  • An "annoy Squidward" episode that's worth watching!

Out of the episodes that have aired so far this week, this episode was probably the best. SpongeBob and Patrick, being the best friends they are, want to carry out their annoying activities in alternating houses. The problem: Squidward's house is inbetween and he does not like buffoons running and laughing across his front yard. SpongeBob and Patrick come up with the ingenious idea of digging an underground tunnel underneath Squidward's house, as to avoid his above-ground boundary. Through a crazy series of events, Squidward's house ends up being buried, and soon the entire city of Bikini Bottom does too. Well-constructed plotline and very amusing moments. (I'm so glad my English teacher isn't grading these reviews) Overall: B+
  • poor

4.5

A beautiful day on Conch Street, where Spongebob and Patrick are giggling and playing, running back and forth between their houses. Squidward finally opens up his blinds to look out of his window, and finally annoys him because they are running in his yard the whole time. He finally loses his temper, he finally walk out while opening up the door, then stops Spongebob and Patrick with is suction cups, and yells at them about playing in his yard. Spongebob explains to Squidward about playing in their yard, and using his yard as a walkway. Patrick calls Squidward yard that gargles tarter sauce. Squidward now wants to make them choose which one their yards to play, and leave his yard out of this mess. Patrick thinks he good at choosing, but can't decide which yard to play in today, and finally let's Squidward choose. He puts SpongeBob and Patrick in their own yards, and draws a box around his, and won't let Spongebob or Patrick step into the box, and goes inside his own house.

They panic and think that they will never see each other again. Spongebob tries to walk across the road, but traffic is terrible, and now wants Patrick do something. Patrick now tries to squeeze himself into the mailbox in order to Spongebob's House, but the mailbox breaks and explodes. Spongebob now wants Patrick to sit tight, now ties himself to the mailbox, and now slingshots himself over to Patrick but it doesn't work. Spongebob now has an idea, and wants Patrick to C so they think to dig a tunnel underneath their houses.

They eventually meet up and start playing. Squidward can hear them playing so he goes outside, but they are not in his yard. He looks in Partick's house, but they are not there. He looks all around SpongeBob's house, but they are not there. He can't find them anywhere, so he starts jumping up and down. This causes the roots underground to wiggle, and SpongeBob and Patrick think they are dancing. So they start dancing. This sinks Squidwards house. Squidward comes out of his house and makes SpongeBob and Patrick dig it back out by the count of 3. Squidward reaches 3, so SpongeBob and Patrick run away digging more tunnels and sinking every building they go under. When Squidward corners them, he is furious with them, but just then, all of Bikini Bottom sinks underground. Sometime later, SpongeBob and Squidward come out of their homes, going to work digging out Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob says "Another beautiful day under Bikini Bottom!" and Squidward says in reply "I hate neighbors

4.5 out of 10

• It was a great episode

SpongeBob and Patrick connect their homes via a tunnel, and this annoys Squidward. I thought it was a great episode. I wish it was superb but most of this episode focused on SpongeBob and Patrick bothering Squidward. Do every Squidward episode already had to have SpongeBob and Patrick doing something annoying? It does annoys me a bit. Also, the episode was a bit boring. I laughed at SpongeBob and Patrick being underground, Squidward saying "Thank you" in annoyance, SpongeBob and Patrick putting dirt on Squidward, Plankton's cameo, and the ending. Overall it was a great episode. 8.5/10

• This episode is original, hilarious, and well-written.

READ THIS REVIEW!

In this episode, Squidward is sick of SpongeBob and Patrick playing in his yard and/or using it as a road way, and orders them to play at their own yards, meaning they'd be seperated. Knowing that the road is dangerous, They decide to dig through Squidward's house and play around via tunnel, annoying Squidward and eventually dropping his house inside the tunnel.

YES!, Finally, after years and years of terrible episodes, This episode marks the possible return of season 1-3 brand episodes. The idea and the concept is so original.

The humor is a 10/10 because of it's moments, like when Patrick said "Your yard gargles tartar sauce", and when Squidward was chasing them in the tunnel, and when like ALL of Bikini Bottom falls down there. There is MORE.

This episode was well-written. The storyline was simple and hilarious. The concept was WELL-PLAYED. There was nothing WRONG i could find wrong with this episode, but there MIGHT be some flaws.

Through a crazy series of events, Squidward's house ends up being buried, and soon the entire city of Bikini Bottom does too. Well-constructed plotline and very amusing moments. THAT WAS A FUNNY ENDING!

Patrick: No need to thank us

Squidward: THANK YOU??!!!

Patrick: You're welcome

There are also MORE FUNNY quotes like that.

Overrall, Great episode, MAY be some flaws to fans, well-written, and fresh. The review is mixed.

RATING: 8-10
  • This episode was funny and it was a classic.

This episode is part of a week of brand new SpongeBob and it isn't as good as "Gramma's Secret Recipe" but it's WAY better than "The Cent of Money". I thought this episode was funny such as when SpongeBob and Patrick are running to each other's houses back and forth for no reason, I thought it was funny when Squidward's house sunk and when Patrick said "No need to thank us", Squidward said "THANK YOU!!!", and then Patrick said "your welcome". I just didn't give this episode a 10 because Spongebob and Patrick were getting a little annoying. I loved the idea of SpongeBob and Patrick digging underground to see each other though. I also thought the ending was funny when Bikini Bottom sunk underground. Overall, despite SpongeBob and Patrick being a little annoying, this was a superb episode. 9.5/10
  • Your yard gargles tartar sauce!XD

This was definitely an excellent episode, a major improvement over the last two. It had the same humor I've come to know and love from this show, and I think it showed Patrick at his best! He had some great lines, and I also thought the very beginning was funny when he and Spongebob were running back and fourth into their houses for no apparent reason. The possible reference to Pacman that had Squidward chasing Sponge and Pat was very clever as well. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the fact that Spongebob and Patrick, once again, were being a little too annoying and childish for my liking. Oh, well. I've come to expect that from them. This was still a great episode, and hopefully the week will end on a good note! Marebear2009, out!
  • That Sinking Felling: In order to gain access to each others yards Spongebob and Patrick build a tunnel under Squidward's house.

That Sinking Felling

Another good episode of the week of premiers. First off I must say I didn't like them as much as the other two in the week but it was still pretty good. The reason I probably didn't like it as much is because this one I was looking forward to most and it didn't reach the level I was hoping. The plot was very good but took ages to get into. The jokes were good especially this one...

Patrick: No need to thank us Squidward.
    Squidward: THANK YOU?!!!
    Patrick: Your Welcome

But yet again the ending was pretty bad (Best of the three but still weak) Overall a good week so far hopefully Karate Star will be good

Score: B-, 3.5/5, 7/10, Good
  • Squidward doesn't let SB and Pat step on his front yard, and the road is very dangerous, so SB and Pat connect their house with a tunnel.

The ep starts st& Pat running from one house to another for no reason and this annoys Squidward so he draws a line in the sand and they can't cross it. Patrick comes up with a plan: he would mail himself to SB's house but fail and SB tries using his arms as lingshot but fails too so they call each other and decide to build a tunnel. Before their tunnels meat they end up writing "Eat at Krusty Krab". Then they have fun together again but Squid thinks he is crazy and goes to look for them in their houses but he just finds Gary sunHe is ver angry at them for sinking the house.

Patrick: No need to thank us

Squidward: THANK YOU??!!!

Patrick: You're welcome

And he proceeds to chase them and in the process they sink all Bikini Bottom. IT was a very goood episode.
  • Great Episode.

Spongebob and Patrick are playing tag. They keep running from house to house, using Squidward's yard as a walkway. Squidward is fed up with this, so they build a tunnel underground to get to each other's house. Squidward hears them giggling, but he can't find out where the laughing is coming from. He soon discovers the tunnel, and disapproves of it. But they keep playing until Squidward's house falls to the ground. Soon, all of Bikini Bottom is underground.

This was a very funny episode, the best I've seen in a while. I loved Patrick's quote:Your yard gargles tartar sauce. I also loved Gary suntanning on the roof, Squidward using his nose as a three, and this quote:Patrick:No need to thank us. Squidward:THANK YOU!!! Patrick:Your Welcome!

Overall Grade:95%/A+++