SpongeBob SquarePants

The Great Snail Race / Mid-Life Crustacean

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jan 24, 2003 on Nickelodeon

• Half-way good

Mid-life Crustacean was a funny episode, and I really liked it. However, I could not say the same for "The Great Snail This episode was VERY cruel to Gary, and SpongeBob was way to mean, not close at all to his original personality. The ways to destroy Gary are kind of hard to watch, it's that mean-spirited. I will admit It was kind of funny, especially Patrick's rock and Sandy kicking SpongeBob at the end.
  • Hate season 3

I hate this episode and this season. spongebob was being really mean to gary
  • Fantastic Episodes

*"The Great Snail Race"- in that episode, SpongeBob was pressuring Gary into winning the snail race after Squidward got a snail. At the end, Gary and Snelly became a couple and SpongeBob got kicked by Sandy (probably because of SpongeBob being insulting).

*"Mid-Life Crustacean"- Mr. Krabs was feeling self-pity about his age and wants to feel younger like SpongeBob and Patrick. But after seeing the results, Mr. Krabs abandons the two because of how "lame" they really are. But in the final scene, he then went on a panty raid and was later punished.

Both of those episodes made me laugh. But what I couldn't believe is that the final scene of "Mid-Life Crustacean" has something that seem a little adult-oriented. Nick didn't even care about that. Oh well. I still like that episode.
  • Worst season 3 episode paired with a good episode

The Great Snail Race: It was nice that SpongeBob was trying to defend Gary's honor, but he does it by driving him to exhaustion and even causing him to break apart like an old racecar. It's really cruel, especially the scene where Gary's EYE EXPLODES and we even get to see machinery inside his shell. And it was all worth nothing because Rocky still won anyway. 3.0/10.00

Mid-Life Krustacean: While far from the BEST episode, I still found it pretty good. There are some funny jokes, and seeing Mr. Krabs snap was actually fun. The panty raid thing was odd, but Mr Krabs does get into trouble for it. 7.0/10.0
  • 22 minutes of complete sh*t

I love Spongebob, but like most shows, there are cons about it. These two episodes are cons.

Great Snail Race- This episode was sh*t, but not as bad as the next 11 minutes of rhinoceros manure. The only parts that I liked were when Sandy showed up. My favorite part was when Sandy kicked Spongebobs butt at the end. Most of this episode until the f*cked up sh*t is just not watchable. During the race, Spongebob acts like a complete f*cking idiot, and so do the many d*ckfaces at the race. I can't describe the rest, this episode sucks, however the only thing that is good in this episode is Sandy.

0.5/5

Mid-Life Crustacean-

This is the worst episode from Spongebob ever. Every part in this episode is bad. Spongebob, Patrick and Mr. Krabs go around bikini bottom doing guy stuff. The part that is the biggest f*ck-up was when they went to a f*cking daycare center. The f*cking kids pester Mr. Krabs like f*cking morons, and then Mr. Krabs bursts out like a f*cking idiot. Then we get to the part where they go through Mr. Krabs mothers underwear drawers, THIS IS F*CKING HORRIBLE PEOPLE. Mr. Krabs mother grounds Mr. Krabs like he is a f*cking c*cks*cker. I have nothing else to say about this horrible piece of f*cking sh*t.

*/5

• One was hilarious, and another was just not the best, with the feel of a Season 5 episode.

Great Snail Race: This is the one that I thought was not so good. It lacked lots of humor and Spongebob was being a jerk to be mean to Gary like that. It was disgusting how Gary blew a fuse. It was too romantic the relationship between Snelly and Gary and reminds me of a Season 5 episode called To Love a Patty. They are both disgusting in their own ways. I think this is also one of the worsts of Season 3. It was actually one of the best seasons, but this episode is a bad example of that. Don't watch it. 3.5/10

Mid-Life Crustacean: This was hilarious. Another successful Season 3 episode. Some guy says that the pantie raid was inappropriate. Man, that was the funniest part. Perfect for all ages and highly entertaining. It was funny how they humiliated Mr. Krabs even more when they had to do the opposite. Solid: Except when loud voices come on, but the rest was great. 9.5/10
  • Great Snail Race/Mid Life Crustacean

Great Snail Race was a great episode that I really enjoyed. Mid Life Crustacean is my least favorite episode overall. It sexual suggestions about "pantie raiding" is not appropriate for children at all. I'm not sure what children's program where this content would be acceptable. My six year old does not need to hear about stealing girl's panties, period. If he got into that, it should be at an age where he can understand sexuality. I really started paying attention to SpongeBob episodes after I saw that one.
  • Squidward gets a snail; Mr. Krabs go on a night out with SpongeBob and Patrick

Great Snail Race: I thought this episode was great. It was never my favorite episode to honest. I did laughed at running gag of misspelling Squidward's last name, Gary trying to watch TV instead of working out, the slow entrance, Patrick's snail (a rock actually) winning, and that's pretty much it. The episode itself was getting itself and there's two things I didn't liked. SpongeBob training Gary so hard that he is really tired and messes up during the race. The ending would have better if Sandy didn't popped out of nowhere. Seriously? That out of character for her. She did say that earlier on the episode but was not amusing and it was expected. Sandy acts as if SpongeBob did something mean to her. Score 8/10

Mid Life Crustacean: This episode was better than the Great Snail Race. The episode was a little boring in some parts but the storyline was good. I laughed at the beginning, Mr. Krabs going to work as he gets a couple things on the way, "Are you ready to party?" (SpongeBob and Patrick both yell at this until they actually tickled Squidward off) some of the parts where SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs going for the night, and that's all I can list. Score 9/10
  • Perfect

The Great Snail Race:

Mid-Life Crustacean:

10 out of 10

• A pretty funny episode.

I watched this late at night and it really made me crack up, let's start with the great snail race:

I think this was really funny, including Spongebob as the coach, Patrick's rock winning the race, XD, and when Gary and Squidward's snails find eachother interesting, spongebob says one of the funniest things in the episode, "Look Squidward, we're gonna be in-laws." XD XD XD.
    I think this segment had a really funny and above all simple/enjoyable story.

As for the second segment:

This was fairly good, all the things Pearl says to Mr. Krabs in the opening scene were hilarious and the framed image of Spongebob and Patrick was really funny. It was also a nice twist to see what Patrick and Spongebob do for fun, go to laundromats, ride kiddie rids and look through drawers to find panties... in mr krabs' mums drawers. All in all this was a pretty funny episode.
  • Not the best episodes I've seen but "Mid-Life Crustacean" was a little better in my opinion

The Great Snail Race: I thought that this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" but it's not my favorite episode. I loved that they used the "Now That We're Men" from "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" as a background song in this episode. My score was low because I thought a few scenes weren't that good and I didn't like Squidward being a show-off of how great his snal Snellie is. I also didn't find Sandy's quick short appearance in this episode. First, when she said "Hmm, I think I'll kick SpongeBob's butt tomorrow" and then she kicks SpongeBob at the end of the episode and says "That's for yesterday SquarePants". I just didn't find that funny and it didn't make any sense. Patrick's line "Wow, a snail made out of bread" was very funny. SpongeBob training Gary for the snail race was very funny. Patrick's having a rock named "Rocky" to be a snail was very funny. Patrick's rock "Rocky" winning the snail race was absolutely hilarious. Patrick giving Squidward the trophy that he won was funny. Everyone mispronouncing Squidward's last name was very funny also. Overall, a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" but it could have been better. 8/10

Mid-Life Crustacean: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". Not my favorite episode but I found this episode to be more enjoyable and funnier than the first pairing. My score was just a little low I thought SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs saying "Are you ready to party" for almost a minute was a time filler and a little annoying. There were also a couple of scenes that weren't my favorite such as Mr. Krabs in the beginning of the episode and the "Saying Coral instead of cool" joke was a little meh. The rest of the episode is hilarious though. Mr. Krabs hanging out with SpongeBob and Patrick was very funny. SpongeBob and Patrick going to the laundry mat was very funny. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs doing their panty raid and then it's revealed that they're in Mama Krabs' house was very funny. Mama Krabs grounding Mr. Krabs at the end of the episode was also very funny. Overall, there were a few scenes that were kinda meh but most of the scenes in this episode were enjoyable and hilarious. 9/10

• MidLife Crustacean almost put this show into a lawsuit because their was sexual suggestive content in their. I remember seeing this on the news and thats why I don't like this episode at all. The show Spongebob Squarepants I love but this episode is bad.

The Great Snail race I guess it was alright it had no storyline. Whats were the producers thinking when they came up with Mid-Life Crustacean?. You can't teach a kid on this show or any other show to steal girls panty's thats just wrong. This show should have been canceled because of this episode but I love this show too much to have to want to cancel it. Mid-Life Crustacean the worst episode ever produced. Because the storyline and the storyboard went nowhere. I would have liked this episode better if they had not aired this episode in the first place.
  • Still terrible.

Mid-Life Crustacan was not that terrible,but The Great Snail Race was a very terrible episode.I hated all of the scenes of that episode and it was one of the terriblest shows ever made.I hated it when Sandy kicked Spongebob's butt at the end of this episode.That part was the worst part of the episode and I really hated that scene.It was really the worst ending ever made by Spongebob and it was not even funny.The Great Snail Race was the worst episodes ever made by Spongebob and it had one of the worst endings that were not even a funny one.
  • Superb

The Great Snail Race- Spongebob has Gary enter a snail race to beat Squidward's new snail. But who will win? One of them, or Patrick's "snail"?

Mid-Life Crustacean- krabs is worried about his age, so he spends the day and night doing things with spongebob and patrick to make himself feel younger. will the plans work?

good episodes, snail race was a little better but both episodes were overall very funny with interesting plots. the only thing i disliked was sandy at the end of great snail race, and that itself is the main reason i can't give an A+, but an A
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob squidward goes out and buys a purebread snail and he trains it alot and wants to enter the snail race and there is spongebob who also wants to enter so he trains gary extra hard and makes him really tired and there is patrick who gets a rock as a snail and the race beings with spongebob snail explodes from being over workd and it seems squidward is going to win but his snail goes back for gary and they fall in love and patricks rock wins the race and the second part is mr krabs is having a midlife crissis about not being cool enough and so he over hears that spongebob and patrick are going to have night out on the town but turns out they are lame and so they final go for a panity raid but its turns out its mr krabs mom
  • These were nowhere near as good as most other season three episodes, but I still liked both of them.

The Great Snail Race, I thought, was the better of the two. It had hilarious lines from Patrick, and I thought it was very funny and ironic that his "snail" won the race. I also thought it was very nice of him to have his trophy engraved to Squidward. There were a couple problems I had with this episode, however. Spongebob's yelling at Gary through most of the episode was just plain irritating, and I also didn't like the ending. Why in the world did Sandy kick Spongebob out of the scene. I did not get it at all. Mid-Life Crustacean was also good, but not quite as good as its partner. It had many sexual innuendos that I found funny, such as Patrick sitting on the shopper's shoulders. There weren't any parts of this episode that really made me laugh out loud, though, and one thing I didn't understand was the joke about the big pill. I did like the ending, though. So, overall, these were pretty good episodes, but definitely not the best pairing of season three. Marebear2009, out!
  • Both episodes had unnecessay levels of jerkiness.

These were good episodes, if it weren't for people being jerks. I really don't have to elaborate on The Great Snail Race to those who have seen it. The first half was okay, but the second half was just SpongeBob yelling at Gary over and over. What the hell? That was just completely out of character. I guess winning got to his head, but still...

Although Patrick's "snail" was awesome, it made me smile to see Rocky win and then Patrick dedicates his trophy to Squidward Tortellini. That was great.

Mid-Life Crustacean: Okay, so everybody was being a jerk to Mr. Krabs. What was with that guy walking behind him? He could have just gone around Mr. Krabs and avoided any fuss. Also, Pearl was being annoying again with the whole "coral" thing. The only one-time character I kinda liked in this episode was that Boy Scout fish. Oh, and those kids playing ball were seriously rude. Made me wanna smack some manners into 'em. Then there was that lady at the Krusty Krab... I wonder if one of those kids is related to her.

Then the episode picked up as SpongeBob and Patrick went on their "night out" with Mr. Krabs (I'm just going to try ignoring Pearl's temper tantrum, which was... wait, I'm gnoring it). It was funny throughout from that point. All in all, good episodes... just people were being jerks in them, and it kinda brought down the score.
  • Good episode.

In this episode Spongebob enters Gary into a snail race after Squidward buys a pedigree snail, Snellie, to enter. Patrick enters a rock. In Midlife Crustacean Mr Krabs tries to be young and cool again by joining Spongebob and Patrick on a wild night on the town. Both episodes i liked and they both had great moments, quotes and humor. The plots were good and the writing consistent for Spongebob. All round two good episodes. They are both classic episodes and continue to entertain and shall probably continue to do so for a long time indeed. I enjoyed both of them.
  • An amazing episodw!!!!

The Great Snail Race: When Squidward gets a purebred snail named Snelle, SpongeBob challenges him in the great snail race. SpongeBob trains Gary very hard to beat Squidward and Snelle. Patrick has a "snail" of his own for the race, which is a rock. At the snail race, Gary is in bad shape and SpongeBob hollers at Gary to get up, while Snelle heads straight to the finish line. Right when Snelle is a small step to the finish line, she turns back and makes friends with Gary, while Patrick's rock wins by a longshot. Mid-Life Crustacean: When Mr. Krabs feels like an aging old man, he tries to feel young again, so he comes with SpongeBob and Patrick for a night on the town. It turns out that the stops Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and Patrick go to are lame. Then, they go on a panty raid, but the house they strike at turns out to be Mama Krabs' house, and Krabs' mother sends Mr. Krabs to his room (well, at least he feels like a kid again and learning what it is like).
  • SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick all go against each other. Well, except for Patrick.:P

I felt like dreaming of laughter and waking up the next morning with a case of the giggles! These were hilarious! How could you not laugh at "Patrick, that's not a ride!" And he's riding and a man's head!"Get off!" And Patrick farted for the first time?! That was a funny part. So basically all I'm trying to say is this episode was phenomenal, hilarious, silly, funny, cheesey, not quite original, because it was funnier, beautiful, loving to the Sponge Bob fans on the whole Universe of the Galaxy! Yay! So... Get it? Got it? Good! See ya next time, teenagers(Not kids:P)!
  • Ok episode

The great snail race -
    This episode was pretty good! It's about spongebob entering Gary in a snail race so Spongebob can prove his snail is better than Squidward's new snail Smellie. But Spongebob pushes Garey to hard and Gary blows up during the race. Smellie came back to comfort Gary and so patrick's snail (a rock) wins the race.

Mid Life Crustacean -
    This episode is really great! It's about Mr.Krabs thinking he's to old.So, trying to feel young again he goes with Spongebob and Patrick to have a night of fun.But, in the end they go looking at women's underwear and they go to Mr.Krabs' mom's house and Mr.Krabs gets grounded. This is a funny episode!
  • Wonderful! I thought I was dreaming when I saw these!

These eps are great. The Great Snail Race is funny, while Mid-Life Crustacean is ineresting.

The Great Snail Race: It's really well-written. Gary finally gets a girlfriend! I thouhght it was funny when Sponge was training Gary in loads of different ways-Like asleep! And his brown fake moustache he wore looked so awesome on him! Better than the seaweed one from the movie. Squidward is also good here. He got loads of screen time. And Snellie looks adorable. And Patrick too with Rocky! Even though it's a rock, it's cute how Patrick makes Rocky into a snail! Awwww! A wonderful episode.

Mid Life-Crustacean: Awesome! My fave character, Krabs gets all the good screen time. He's in every single scene! I loved it when they were doing all the stuff, like watching the washing machines. And picking up paper! And playing in a little kids playroom! It's all so halirious! Krabs is the best character ever!

Two well-written episodes that made me smile!
  • The Great Snail Race was the very first episode I ever saw!

And its my favourite. Gary starts to act like a machine, he falls in love. And Patrick`s rock wins the race. how hilarious is that! A rock winning a race? How was it allowed to be entered. Gary is also my favourite character on the show.

And Squidward calls his new snail a purebread!

And Patrick`s response is; "A snail made out of bread? Wow."

A real laugh out loud!