SpongeBob SquarePants

The Hot Shot

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jun 18, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Another steller episode, season 8 of Spongebob continues to redeem the show that has fallen from grace

I've got to say, out of all the episodes of season 8 of Spongebob Squarepants I've seen, this has got to be one of the best yet. The plot centers around Spongebob in his attempt to once more get a Boat License. While in school, Spongebob meets racing legend, Tony Fast Jr., and starts to get lessons from him. At first everything goes right for Spongebob, he becomes better thanks to the advice he gets from Tony. Eventually Spongebob goes to Tony's house and the two do a race where things go way downhill for him. The two get into trouble with some thugs, the police, AND Tony Fast. The episode then ends with Miss Puff telling Spongebob to never let him drive. This was an all around excellent episode. The plot was well done and it had plenty of good moments. I loved it when Larry the Lobster was burned, the advice Tony gave, and the message Miss Puff gave to Spongebob. I was also glad to see this was an episode about Boating School, and more characters are returning. All in all, a well done episode that's well worth your time, even if you don't really watch this show anymore.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10
  • Excellent Job!

i dont really have too much to say about this one except for the simple fact that it was the second best of the season (first being smooth Jazz in Bikini Bottom) i liked it when tony said "you dont need a driver's license for a raceboat Squarepants" that cracked me up! i also loved how tony fast jr said i couldnt hear you over whatever spongebob was talking about. LOL is all i can say for the overall verdict.

Final Grade 10/10A++

• perfect

When the son of a legendary racer, Tony Fast Jr., begins attending Mrs. Puff's Boating School, SpongeBob gains helpful advice from him that makes driving easier for him. But things get chaotic when the two go for a drive around town in his father's racing boat.

this was a great episode that will earn a

10 out of 10

• The best episode of season eight so far

Unlike Squidwards School for Grown Ups, this episode was amazing. The plot was really good. Tony Jr. Giving SpongeBob the dont get nervous Advice was funny. It was interesting to see Tony Jr. Fast"s mansion. I liked the race scenes especially when SpongeBob passed by Larry the Lobster. The ending was very funny. Overall, this episode was great though I cant of anymore funny parts which is why my review is short.. 10/10
  • Pretty Good.

So Tony Fast Jr. son of famous raceboat driver Tony Fast comes to Spongebob's school, so Tony Jr. tries to teach Spongebob to improve his driving skills, by keeping it cool and relaxing, which surprisingly works, so much they bond together, and actually drive one of Tony Fast's world famous raceboats. But then, they get in trouble with some thugs, the police, and even Tony Fast himself, and driving and hilarity ensues. Now it isn't the funniest though I did laugh a few times with lines like "Relax? I didn't learn that yet." But what really interested me was the story. It was great to see Spongebob succeed in driving after a long time and the race was really cool. Overall, not the best, but could have been a lot worse.

8.5 out of 10.

• SpongeBob gets driving lessons from the legendary race car driver's son Tony Fast Jr.

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It was WAY better than "Squidward's School for Grown Ups". SpongeBob gets lessons from the legendary race car driver Tony Fast's son Tony Fast Jr. but call him "Tony Jr." for short. First of all, "Tony" is my nickname and I'm glad that SpongeBob used the name "Tony". There were some humor on the way as well. It was funny when SpongeBob thought that everyone was welcoming him when they were actually welcoming Tony Fast Jr. It thought it was great when Tony Jr. gave SpongeBob the advice "Let go and don't get nervous" (or something close to that). SpongeBob coming over to Tony Jr.'s mansion was also great to see. SpongeBob driving one of Tony Fast's race car was very cool. The race between those dudes and SpongeBob was very good to see. I thought it was very funny when SpongeBob drove fast by Larry Lobster and he was burned. SpongeBob squishing Mrs. Puff with the race car was also funny. The very ending was absolutely hilarious when Mrs. Puff said "I think that Tony Jr gave us an important lesson and you know what that is?" then SpongeBob said "Oh oh, is it never argue and drive?" and then Mrs. Puff responds "Close, the lesson is... never let you drive". This episode was just all-around amazing and very funny. I think race-car fans will even love this episode as well. Overall, an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10
  • One Word: EPICNESS!

This episode was...... AMAZING! Let me show you what I mean.

Ups:
    + Great story

+ Great Introduction of Tony Fast Jr. and his father

+ Great racing scene

+ All in all, totally awesome

Downs: There are no downs.

Overall score: 10/10 A+

A wild, action packed episode of Spongebob with a cool new character. But it's too bad we probably won't see Tony Fast Jr. anymore. He was a great character and great characters (BESIDES Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, etc.)make at least a decent episode. And the whole racer concept was brilliant. So if you're a racing fan or a Spongebob fan, this episode's for you.

See You Next Time! :)
  • I don't get why this episode has low ratings.

This is a very decent episode. This episode includes tons of good SpongeBob/Squidward interplay, including a terrific musical number in which SpongeBob chirpily sings of his "attitude of gratitude." Squidward is delightfully nasty here, but his depressively downbeat outlook on life comes back to bite him when the locals learn that the only way to stop the volcano on Mount Bikini from erupting is to make a sacrifice of the most miserable person in Bikini Bottom. Though Lost was short on musical numbers, the dramatic climax on the edge of the volcano recalls the Juliet/Sawyer scene on the edge of the shaft in the Lost episode "The Incident." A strong segment.