SpongeBob SquarePants

The Inmates of Summer / The Two Faces of Squidward

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 23, 2007 on Nickelodeon

• The Two Faces of Squidward airs with SpongeHenge now

5.5
    This was another so-so pair. The 5.5 is mainly for The Inmates of Summer. The Two Faces of Squidward gets a 7.
  • wait a sec

squidward had THREE faces in that episode!
  • SpongeBob and Patrick go to a prisoner camp; Squidward become handsome with his face

The Inmates of Summer: This was a superb SB episode. While the plot here seems decent it was pretty enjoyable for most of the part expect for the dragged/boring scenes. Funny parts in the episode includes SpongeBob and Patrick ending up in a prison camp, SpongeBob and Patrick eating the whole chili, the whole play, the warden's appearance (he was a funny character; he has a lot of funny dialog), and one more. SCORE 9/10

the Two Faces of Squidward: A better episode.plot. My nitpick though was SpongeBob interrupting the doctor which was getting a little dragged/annoying but it was still a funny scene. Great scenes in the episode that are worth laughing at are the beginning where SpongeBob and Patrick ticked Squidward off by singing at the kitchen, Squidward getting hit by the face, everyone going crazy for the handsome Squidward, Squidward getting more handsome as opera music play in the background (one of the funniest parts) and the ending. OVERALL SCORE 10/10
  • Bad episodes!!!

2.9
    The Inmates of Summer:
    SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally mistake a prisoner ship for their boat to summer camp. Why where they crying instead of paying attention on what is going on?! This is so very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very ugly!

1.7 The Two Faces of Squidward:
    Everyone falls for Squidward after plastic surgery makes him irresistibly handsome. Handsome? No! He was very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very ugly to the point that I wanted to puke my ice cream!

4.1
  • perfect

The Inmates of Summer:

The Two Faces of Squidward:

Read Full Recap
    (warning: possible spoilers!)

Two Faces of Squidward:
    SpongeBob starts singing loudly and irritates Squidward. Squidward goes into the kitchen, but SpongeBob accidentally slams his face with a door. Squidward is taken to the hospital, and gets a plastic surgery on his face. His face gets rearranged, and everyone starts to think that he is handsome. But, then everyone gets obsessed with him, so Squidward hides in the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob slams Squidward once again with a door, and Squidward becomes even more handsome. Suddenly, a shoe falls from the roof, and SpongeBob then pushes Squidward accidentally into a pole to protect him, and Squidward gets his usual face back.

10 out of 10

• "The Inmates of Summer" was superb but "The Two Faces of Squidward" was perfect

The Inmates of Summer: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It wasn't my favorite episode but it was pretty enjoyable. It was funny how SpongeBob and Patrick ended in the ship which is a ship for inmates (a.k.a prisoners) for those of you that don't know what inmates mean. SpongeBob and Patrick eating the tired and one of the inmates saying "Oh, these guys are good" was very funny. It was funny when the Sergeant was angry when he saw a brochure for the play that SpongeBob is putting on. It was also pretty funny when the inmates wanted to be in SpongeBob and Patrick's play so they can steal the boat (but it isn't an actual boat). SpongeBob and Patrick's play especially the part with Patrick playing the electric guitar and the drums. The Sergeant after seeing the play was also funny. The ending was funny as well. My score was a little low because some of the scenes were pretty boring. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

The Two Faces of Squidward: I thought that this was a perfect episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It was weird but it was done in a very good way. SpongeBob slamming Squidward's face with the door and having to go to the hospital was very funny. It was very funny when SpongeBob kept interrupting the doctor from taking off Squidward's cast. It was weird but hilarious when Squidward has a handsome face and everyone in Bikini Bottom think that he is handsome (although that part is kind of creepy to me). It was funny when that fish stole Squidward's clarinet and then the fish got attacked. Everyone in Bikini Bottom chasing Squidward because of his looks was also pretty funny. It was hilarious when SpongeBob slammed the door on Squidward's face so many times that Squidward even more handsome. Squidward hitting the pole which made him go back to his original face was funny. The ending was funny as well. Overall, in a way... this episode was weird and kind of creepy because of everyone in Bikini Bottom thinking that Squidward is handsome but this was a perfect episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10
  • The Inmates of Summer was OK but The Two Faces of Squidward was bad.

4.5
    The Inmates of Summer: It was an alright episode. Kind of boring but not bad. I didn't really like the ending though where Spongebob and Patrick cried, I felt so sorry for them. A good part is when they sang the "Together" song. I loved it. Final Grade: C+

The Two Faces of Squidward: This was disgusting. When Squidward was hit by the door and turned handsome at the beginning, I didn't think he was handsome. I thought he was uglier. And the second time he turned even more "handsome", I thought he was much, much uglier that I wanted to puke. Very bad episode. Final Grade: F----- (30%)
  • This episode is a very funny episode!

This was one of the best Spongebob Squarepants episodes I've seen. It was soooooooo funny. I mean the first time I saw it I was sitting on my couch and during the first episode I was cracking up, but during the second episode I was on the floor laughing! This was so funny esecially during the play they did in the first episode and how Squid's face changed after being hit with the door. I mean my sister said, "How could being hit by the door change the way his clothes looked?" true genius. I love this episode but it barely comes on.
  • I didn't like the inmates of summer but I liked the two faces of squidward.

Why would SpongeBob and Patrick enjoy a prison boat and hate camp fun or whatever? That didn't make any sense. I don't have much to say about this one, other than I didn't really like it. But with the two faces of squidward, I really liked it. Squidward turns handsome? Great idea and wonderfully done. My favorite part was when Squidward got extra handsome and he was flying through the air. That made me laugh out loud. It was cool to finally see Squidward handsome. But, it's always good to see classic old Squidward. Well, Inmates of summer: eh. Two faces of squidward: great!
  • The inmates of Summer: Spongebob a Patrick accidentally board a prison ship instead of getting on another ship to go to Summer Camp The Two faces of Squidward: Squidward breaks his face because of Spongebob. When his bandages are removed he

The inmates of Summer: This episode is funny especially the ending Lol. This episode is great from start to finish. With a funny song and hilarious quotes I especially liked this quote for Patrick.

SpongeBob: PATRICK, THAT'S IT! You can come with me to summer camp! Then I'd never have to say goodbye!

Patrick: Summer camp? But I'm not even ready yet!

SpongeBob: How about now?

Patrick: Yep! The two faces of Squidward: This is a truly great episode considering what season it's in. A shining Great for Season 5. Handsome Squidward is hilarious and when you think it couldn't get any mor funny you get to see the REALLY "Handsome" Squidward.

The inmates of summer: 8.0

The two faces of Squidward: 9.0

Probally the best pair of Episodes from season 5
  • One was just, meh, the other was great!

The Inmates Of Summer is not one of the best season 5 episodes. It was kind of boring and didn't offer many laughs. There was one scene I did like, though, and that was the play Sponge and Pat put on. I liked how Patrick played the guitar and drums. :) The rest of the episode was just kind of dull for me. Now on to The Two Faces of Squidward. This one was pretty funny overall and one of my favorites from the season. It was a little weird seeing Squidward so handsome at first, but it was so hilarious when he became even more handsome near the end! It looked nothing like Squidward! Bottom line, these two episodes are okay overall, but if I had to recommend one of the two episodes to someone, I would recommend The Two Faces of Squidward. Marebear2009, out!
  • This episode is a category all its own.

I am of course referring to The Two Faces of Squidward. This episode doesn't feel like a Season 5 episode. No, it doesn't feel like a Season 2 or 3 episode either. It feels like a Season 38q743t8fg47965t2 episode. Yes. That's how unique it is.

If I had to describe it in words, I'd say....no, I, I can't describe it. It is a cosmic, other-worldly presence that cannot be described.

Is it funny? Oh, HECK yes it is. The idea alone is funny. "Squidward breaks his face and it becomes irresistably handsome". How can you NOT execute that idea well? The amazing thing about this episode is that it basically stretches one single joke over the span of 11 minutes, and it never gets old. That is the omnipotent power this episode possesses.

Now, is the episode a literary masterpiece? No. But it is gut-bustingly hilarious, simply because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. It's definitely worth watching again and again. And again.
  • A classic, and an episode I can't bare to even write a review about? That's these two episodes indeed!

The Inmates Of Summer:
    It's great. It really is. SpongeBob is about to go on the ship to his summer camp, but he'll miss Patrick, so while they cry, the passengers get on, and the boat goes without them. SpongeBob has an idea: Patrick could go with him! But they spent so long crying, and the next boat is taking them to some prison camp. Anyway, the guys think they're at the right place, and all the torture is fun to them. Patrick and SpongeBob put on a play, and the prisoners see this as an opportunity to escape. Whilst the small audience are crying, they escape, but the boat sinks, and this fish from summer camp comes to get SpongeBob, but he likes the prison more than the actual summer camp! It was just too funny!
    Grade: A!

The Two Faces Of Squidward:
    Squidward gets surgery. He looks stupid, and it's a stupid episode.
    Grade: D-

I watched them once only, but that was enough to review them. I wish I had TIOS on DVD. I seriously would watch it quite a lot. I'm beginning to like Waiting more than TTFOS though!

Final Grade: A.

Why is it so high? The Inmates Of Summer's fantasticness!
  • Lawlz... ? Inmates of Summer was nice, I guess.

In the first half of the episode (Inmates of Summer), Spongebob signed up for one of those bright kiddy happy camps, but he and Patrick accidently stumble onto a jail boat (convoy? idk what they call those). So Spongebob and Patrick actually have a nice time there, until their inmates use one of their cheery plays as an escape plan. That's when the original summer camp Spongebob signed up for comes back to get him, and he and Patrick hate it. Pretty nice episode. But then, the second part where Squidward gets plastic surgery... eh. I didn't enjoy it as much, Squidward actually looked ugly to me. And it flaunted off a pretty common message "Be Careful What You Wish For", or "Attention isn't always good". Overall, it was great.
  • The Inmates of Summer was good, but The Two Faces of Squidward is what I had a problem with.

The Inmates of Summer: This episode begins with SpongeBob at a dock, as he's heading for summer camp. Patrick comes up into the story, saying he'll really miss him. When they cry together, SpongeBob's summer camp boat leaves as a prisoner ship comes along. So when SpongeBobs says that Patrick could come with him, the two go on the boat leaving for a military camp. At the camp after a couple of days, SpongeBob and Patrick realize they're the only ones having fun. So the two decide to get the jailhouse into the musical, but the only reason everyone's doing it is because there is a ship that will let them free. What I didn't like about this episode was how the prisoners didn't know that was a prop, since I knew that would happen to them. Otherwise, this episode is not half bad.
    GRADE: B-

The Two Faces of Squidward: This is the reason I'm giving this pair of episodes a low rating! This episode starts with Squidward annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick at the Krusty Krab. So when he's had it, he gets slammmed in the face by a door, injuring his face extremely bad. After plastic surgery, Squidward starts to look handsome. Now, here's where the episode gets bad. Dr. Gill Gilliam faints because of his handsomeness and a nurse melts down to a puddle. When Squidward and SpongeBob walk around town, everyone thinks he's handsome. One guy could see without his glasses, one woman could walk without her wheelchair, and another guy could fly, but his shoe falls off. Sound pretty stupid now? If you don't think so, it continues! The next day, everyone grabs his stuff like as if he were a celebrity and when Squidward and SpongeBob make it to the Krusty Krab, they take the door to smash his face back to normal. Completely retarded! You can't smash surgeyed faces back to normal! Now, the shoe from earlier falls through the roof. WHAT?!?! That makes no sense, that shoe fell 24 hours ago! It should have already fallen down to complete floor by gravity already! So, when SpongeBob pushes Squidward, he hits a post and then his face is back to normal. Wasn't that just a stupid episode? And the ending is the worst part, Mr. Krabs hits Squdiward's face with the door so he could become handsome again to get customers. This episode was the worst in the series, just as bad as Squid Wood. I'm never going to see this one again.
    GRADE: F

FINAL GRADE: C-
  • This review is for The Inmates Of Summer! This episode is my personal favorite, and one of the best that I have seen!

In The Inmates Of Summer, Spongebob plans to go to camp Sun-Fun Island, but when hugging Patrick goodbye, Spongebob realizes that Patrick should come too! But when they don't realize that they mistakenly board a prison boat, Spongebob and Patrick cause "painful joy" to the prison guard and convinces the prison boat to go and have fun!

This episode is a classic and when you have a Sponebob episode that is amazing to you, you just have to write a review for it! I don't know about you, but I think this show keeps getting better and better and better! That's my review!
  • surprise attack

i was surprised that these two episodes were both cleverly plotted and intentionally funny, which is good, and revealing. the inmates of summer revealed how strong SB and patrick can be, even when they are not trying to. the two faces of squiddy ward revealed squidward can be handsome if you just shoved a damn door in his face once in a while. :lol: just by watching these two episodes you get a smile on your face. i thought by the previews these epiosdes were gonna rot up the apple i was eating.... but no. i leave my review with rating of 9.2 superb!
  • Disturbing.....

Well, the Inmates of Summer was funny, but not that good. There could've been a little more jokes, and I just feel that this episode was kinda.....pointless. But, the ending was hilarious. Two Faces of Squidward *clears throat* well, it was disturbing. Very disturbing. I was surprised at how Squidward looked, though. But, the way he looked at the end....creepy! Very creepy. It was funny in the hospital scene, when SpongeBob kept stopping the doctor. LOL. But, it was funny and besides Battle of Bikini Bottom, this episode was the best one that aired that night. Inmates of Summer Grade: C. Two Faces of Squidward Grade: A. Final Grade: B+.
  • Nice!

7.6
    Finally a decent SpongeBob episode!

The Inmates of Summer: Chris Reccardi co-wrote a weird episode, yet funny. It does prove somthing, SpongeBob and Patrick like the big house (you know, behind bars stuff). Just think of it, a mistake of a ship to camp (not Camp Kidney) can led SpongeBob and Patrick to an experience they never tried before! One more thing to say... that camp SpongeBob and Patrick had to go was boring... even for the prissoners! It was okay... coulda been better.
    EPISODE GRADE: C+

The Two Faces of Squidward: When I heard about this episode... I started to worry. What I worried about was this episode would end up as Breath of Fresh Squidward. When I saw it, I was WRONG! The episode was better then BOFS and was funny! Squidward finally gets what HE desrrves... being enjoyed by lot of people. I guess Squidward finds out getting enjoyed is harder then you think. I'm glad Squidward got his own face again at the end... and smashed by door!
    EPISODE GRADE: B-

This is going in the "classic episode" hall of frame! Horay!

FINAL GRADE: B-
  • Suprisingly good!

When you think of a new episode, you picture in your mind and ask questions like "How is it going to do?" or "Should I really see this?" to yourself. The Two Faces Of Squidward was really suprising, and the whole thing was interesting. I'd give anything for an interesting episode. Here is what I thought.

The Inmates of Summer: I didn't see much of this, but I thought it was ok. That begining song was stupid. I think SpongeBob could have done a little better in that episode.

The Two Faces of Squidward: Ha! This episode was a real classic! Squidward's face was really funny! He looked a lot like Tom Selleck!

The Inmates of Summer Score: B+
    The Two Faces of Squidward: A+
    Final Score: A-
  • This episode seems to be really good....

Inmates of Summer: What is special about this episode anyway? This is about Spongebob and Patrick going to a military camp. At least the episode itself gets more better. I think the ending needed much work.

Episode Grade: 77.0(C+)

The Two Faces of Squidward: This one is much better. It was a good idea for Spongebob to give Squidward plastic surgery to make him a hunk. The part when Spongebob interrupts the doctor was kinda okay. It gets more better when Squidward keeps getting attracted by the citizens of Bikini Bottom. And remember, Squidward gets more handsome when he gets his face broke multiple times. It was really great and entertaining.

Episode Grade: 78.9(C+)