SpongeBob SquarePants

The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom / Bubble Buddy Returns

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 25, 2011 on Nickelodeon

7.9
  • I think the first episode was better, but the second one is a total ripoff of an awesome episode.

The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom: I like the plot. It is very original. The episode has a lot of cool action that makes it very good. Turns out they find out how to get that Krabby Patty out of Bikini Bottom and use it to cook Krabby Patties. Mr. Krabs didn't listen to Sandy and just did whatever with it and made the Patty larger. A very good episode. I think this deserves a 9/10 because it was a little low on laughs, but very interesting.

Bubble Buddy Returns: This was a decent episode but not as good as the first episode. It has quite a bit to comment on. One thing is that it is a lot worse than the original Bubble Buddy. It has too much centering on Shiny and not enough on Bubble Buddy. It's as if he never returned. The son's antics are funny, but it isn't enough to say this episode is amazing. It totally rips off the original episode. However, the antics get a bit repetitive, but overall pretty decent and deserves a 7/10, and my score for the original Bubble Buddy if you are wondering was a perfect 10. Overall Bubble Buddy lowers the score to 8/10 but still a good episode.
  • Season 8 is losing it.

5.5
    The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom: This episode had the potential to be great, but turned out to be a major disaster. This episode was boring and unwatchable. It almost put me to sleep. Also, the ending was gross.

Grade: 4.2/10 F+

Bubble Buddy Returns: This was the better one. It was funny but over time, Shiny got annoying which lowered the score.

Grade: 6.8/10 C-

Comment: Writers, please! I know you can do better than this. Also, make the humor more adult-type so teenagers or even adults can relate to it.
  • KPTABB was amazing, but BBR was just okay

The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom: Mr. Krabs uses Sandy's experimental growth formula on a Krabby Patty with disastrous results. This is was such an amazing episode here. There were funny moments like Mr. Krabs at Sandy's treedome looking at some stuffs, Mr. Krabs using an experimental growth to grow a Krabby Patty, the Krabby Patty getting huge, Plankton falling for the huge Krabby Patty, and a few more. Overall, a perfect episode. 10/10

Bubble Buddy Returns: SpongeBob tries to keep Bubble Buddy's visiting son, Shiny, out of trouble and away from sharp edges. Eh, this episode was not that good. Not that bad in my opinion, I just thought the episode was getting very boring. I thought it was funny in some of the parts such as the beginning, Shiny destroying Squidward's stuffs (although it got boring after awhile since it was taking long), the customer slipping on Shiny's slime, and a couple more that I couldn't remember. Overall, an okay episode. Not horrible episode, but it is actually one of the weakest episodes for season 8 (only Squidward's school for growns up was weaker than this). 6/10
  • Two hilarious episodes for the price of one!

The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom: While Mr. Krabs is searching for loose change, he sees a giant soybean, and is confused over why it's that big. Sandy apparently made a growth serum, and with that Mr. Krabs gets greedy, and uses the serum to make a giant Krabby Patty to save money.

I found it funny seeing Mr. Krabs' greed, and how Spongebob got to Sandy's place in 3 seconds.

Anyway, the Krabby Patty becomes over 10 stories high, and destroys the entire town. I found it really clever, giving the plot a B-Movie style, but I think I'm the first one to notice how seeing so much raw meat looks kind of gross, but it works fine. I also love how it destroyed everything in it's path, and Mr. Krabs ran in to get money (once again, predictable), but something very unpredictable is how Plankton ran into the patty so he can discover the recipe, which made me laugh hard. Anywho, Spongebob and Patrick find Sandy in a helicopter, and Sandy makes Spongebob absorb the giant Krabby Patty, and Mr. Krabs uses him to create the patties in his body for customers, to save resources, which was really funny. Overall, I found this was hilarious and clever. I give it a 10 out of 10.

Bubble Buddy Returns: It's a normal day in Bikini Bottom. But, Bubble Buddy has to leave town, so Spongebob has to babysit Bubble Buddy's son, Shiny. But he can't be near any sharp objects, or he'll pop. However, Shiny is a very rambunctious, and trouble-making kid, so he refuses to obey Spongebob. So, Shiny breaks into Squidward's house, and destroys everything, including Squidward's art, puts soap all over the Krusty Krab, and flies around the pin factory, a scissor factory, and a pitchfork company.

All of his moving around, getting around barb wire and broken glass, seeing everyone slip on the soap, and Shiny going in the factories unharmed, yet Spongebob in a lot of pain, was all hilarious. And there was an awesome pillow joke too.

However, at the end, Spongebob actually pops Shiny by accident, and when Spongebob blows him back, he gets a second hand. But, Bubble Buddy returns and says this happens often, and so they both go home. Overall, it can be hilarious, but the main problem I have is that Bubble Buddy only appeared at the ending which lasted about 2 minutes, and at the beginning for 30 seconds. But I'll give it a 9.5 out of 10.
  • spongebob (bubblebuddy returns)

this is'nt the episode but its okay .
  • First pairing was awesome and original and the second pairing was great but it's unfortunately the worst of the HOUR OF PREMIERES

The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom: This episode is much better than "Bubble Buddy Returns" in my opinion. The storyline was very original and truly awesome and loved the epicness of a gigantic krabby patty eating Bikini Bottom after Mr. Krabs used Sandy's growth formula to make it bigger. I laughed at so many parts but I honestly do not remember all of the funny parts so I will just say the ones I remember the most from what I saw last night at Denver, Colorado before we went back to Texas. I laughed so freakin' hard when Plankton thought the giant krabby patty was the most beautiful thing that he has ever seen and then he ran into the krabby patty (oh my gosh, that crazy Plankton :D lol). I also laughed so hard when that fish said "Hey looked it stopped" when the giant krabby patty stopped and the after the light went go... the krabby patty continued to eat the town. More parts made me laugh hard but I can't remember at this moment. The ending of the episode was pretty funny as well. Overall, an awesome episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" with an original storyline and lots of very funny parts. 10/10

Bubble Buddy Returns: Now first of all... the title should have never been called "Bubble Buddy Returns" because Bubble Buddy only appeared in the beginning and the end of the episode. Seriously? the entire episode was just SpongeBob taking care of Bubble Buddy's son Shiny and trying to keep him away from sharp objects. This episode probably should've been called Shiny. I was really hoping to see Bubble Buddy but we only saw him in the beginning and the end of the episode. So writers if you're reading this, if you do decide to make another episode with Bubble Buddy... make sure Bubble Buddy makes a full appearance and not cameos in the beginning and the end of an episode. My score is low because of that huge issue. I also didn't laugh a lot in this episode. The only time I did laugh was when the bubble was hitting everyone's head in the beginning of the episode... that bubble is apparently Bubble Buddy's son Shiny, the customers slipping on bubbles, and when SpongeBob walked in the pillow foundry because he thought it would be safe for Shiny and then he saw how much sharp objects there were so then he just said "Let's skip the Pillow Foundry, I'll just take you to my house". I liked this episode but there was really nothing much to say about it. It was just SpongeBob trying to keep Shiny safe throughout the entire episode and it honestly got boring for me to watch as the episode went on. The ending also could have been better as well and felt rushed. Overall, a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" BUT unfortunately it is the worst of the HOUR OF PREMIERES. 8/10

• TKPTABB: An original and fun(ny) episode. 9/10 BBR: A decent episode, but not that great. 7/10

The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom: A very funny original episode. This episode is hilarious, epic, and fun to watch. After adding a growth formula to a Krabby Patty, it grows huge and goes on a rampage. That was hilarious. I liked the part where Plankton jumped into it. And the part where it obeyed traffic laws. And where Gary and Patrick were being rescued by Spongebob.

Bubble Buddy Returns: I did like this, but not as much as the first. The part with the glass was funny, yet a bit disturbing. Not a lot of funny here, but it was still a good episode. The pillow manufacturing bit was hysterical.

Overall, two good episodes, except BBR fell a little flat.

Overall Grade: B+
  • Request By Tigerdude22

TKPTABB: This was a very good episode i would have rated this a 9.3 but just like BT one detail ruined that chance. I Loved how Mr. Krabs went into the Krabby Patty just because money went in that was an LOL Moment. Now the detail would have to be the ending where spongebob got red from absorbing KP and shot two of the pieces on the Grill that was too Gross. Still Great episode

Final Grade 8.8/10 A

BBR: not much to say though the title could use some work since BB only appeared in the beginning and the end. Mainly Spongebob tries to watch over his son Shiny. Overall just a decent episode

Final Grade 7.1/10 C-

• The Krabby Patty that ate Bikini Bottom: amazing!!! Bubble Buddy Returns: Epicness

Now these episodes were just as epic as season 1-3.Both episodes showed pure writing and comedy for a show that always makes me laugh!

TKPTABB: title is tooo long! but anyway, mr.krabs see's sandys testing food growing serum and decides to use it on a krabby patty, wich causes it to "eat" the city" almost everyone gets eaten. but sandy spongebob, patrick and gary escape, and spongebob is able to make contact and stops the monster.

I loved this episode. it was action packed and full of fun! i love how plankton ran towards the monster..cause well he is crazy and patrickis dream of being chased by the krabby patty comes true!.

this episode gets a 10!

Bubble Buddy Returns: SpongeBob tries to keep Bubble Buddy's visiting son, Shiny, out of trouble and away from sharp edges. But its hard when Shiny causes trouble around town, but it all ends well when bubble buddy picks up his son and they go home.

I give this episode a 10!

This episode made me jump for joy(i sound like im 5..wow) but only cause this episode is a huge honor towards the season 2 episdoe bubble buddy, we finally see him again! and best part mr.krabs line "he still ows me money" best refrence to a old episode yet, spongebob also almost killed himself in this episode but he was able to keep shiny safe.

Both epsodes did a amzing job and i loved all of em. this (like i keep saying) shows this show still got's it.