SpongeBob SquarePants

The Lost Mattress / Krabs vs. Plankton

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM May 13, 2005 on Nickelodeon

• Funny!

These are fantastic episodes because they are very funny and entertaining to watch.
  • Mr. Krabs has a lumpy back; Plankton try to sue Mr. Krabs

The Lost Mattress: I thought this was a superb, in which it's already surpass the last two episodes (at the time)...no perfect so far. My score was low because Mr. Krabs was mean at SpongeBob near the beginning. Also another flaw was after the cop threatens to them to jail, Squidward got upset at SpongeBob and almost try to murder (the word was cut off) him. I laughed at "It's a new dance daze," SpongeBob and Patrick at the mattress store, Mr. Krabs getting in a heart attack, SpongeBob and Patrick are up in the fence and then it went down while Squidward woke up the guard worm (as well as the other times he got attacked by it), and SpongeBob and Patrick as choice cuts. Overall 9/10

Krabs vs. Plankton: This was a good/decent/average episode. Not as great as the last three episodes but there's a reason why the lower score. I didn't laughed that much here. There isn't that much flaws here so that is just my only problem for this episode. I laughed at Plankton slipping and then causes a pain, Mr. Krabs having money gold in his eyes, SpongeBob as a lawyer (laughed at most of the parts like calling himself SpongeBob LawyerPants, trying to open the briefcase, giving the other characters in the stand (Mr. Krabs, Squidward, the mop, and Plankton), and then he actually open it). Overall 7/10
  • Great

The Lost Mattress:

Krabs vs. Plankton:

8.5 out of 10

• This is another fine example of Season 4

So, the lost mattress was about Mr. Krabs having trouble sleeping at night and SpongeBob and Patrick decided to get him a new mattress. I didn't like it when Mr. Krabs snapped at SpongeBob, because I felt really bad for SpongeBob. But, I think it was really nice that SpongeBob and Patrick decided to get him a new mattress. This episode had some funny parts in it. Like, when Patrick thought there were only ten mattresses. And, when Mr. Krabs barked like a dog at SpongeBob. This episode was pretty good. Krabs vs. Plankton was much better. First, I really liked it when Mr. Krabs' eyes became gold and the quote SpongeBob said. I loved it when SpongeBob made his opening statement. I also laughed when Squidward was on trial. I am so glad they were able to prove Mr. Krabs was not guilty. The Lost Mattress: B+

Krabs vs. Plankton: A+.
  • Okay

The lost mattress
    Now, this has to be the best episode of season 4. Squid getting tortured! So great classical comedy! So, Spongebob and Patrick get a new mattress for Mr. Krabs and, Squid hawls it to the dump. But, they learned that his money was in his matress!
    Final Grade: A-

Krabs VS Plankton
    Oh boy. What happened here? Mr. Krabs gets sued and, so Spongebob becomes his new lawyer. Spongebob trys to pull excuses why'll he gets the suitcase open. He even asks a mop! So, basiclly SB and Mr. K wins the trial. And, Mr. K gets a new wet floor sign.
    Final Grade: C

Final Grade: B, 8
  • SpongeBob is my favorite cartoon, but this is not why I watch it...

3.3
    These two episodes were a wreak. I hardly laughed at all. Usually I rank SpongeBob episodes near the 9.0 range, but this was just bad. I did not like the idea of the lost mattress. I mean who wants to watch an episode about a mattress being to hard. This episode was a little better than the other one, but not by much. Patrick was finally shown in an episode, but he seemed to actually make some sense and thats NOT Patrick. Squidward has been in what all of them so far. I think they should give him a rest for a couple of episodes because too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes... As for Krabs vs. Plankton that wasn't very good either. I mean you knew Mr. Krabs would be not guilty and it was so predictable. At the end when SongeBob gave him the wet floor sign that was covered with nails... that wasn't funny at all. Where is the zany humor that the first three seasons held? Whoever the new writer is I think needs to look back at those episodes and fix these because they are just lacking that funny material.
  • Another worse episode

3.6
    the episode The Lost Matress is contreversial for kids kids can't watch the episode because of what squidward said he almost said the word murder in this episode
    which is not allowed on shows like this
    so grown ups please give your'e kids an warning before watching this episode
    and Krabs vs Plankton was ok they're was just something wrong with sbs's voice ok
    do not watch the lost matress but do watch krabs vs plankton it rocks it really does i agree with Star_Blaster with this one
  • Why do People hate This Episode I Loved This one

Spongebob,Patrick and Squidward get Mr.Krabs a New Bed because his back hurts and then he admits his Money was under the Mattress and falls in a Coma Can Spongebob,Patrick and Squidward find the Lost Mattress.Plankton fakes an injury when Falls on a wet Floor at the Krusty Krab so he Sues Krabs for the Formula then Spongebob tries to save Krabs when he can't open the Suitcase that holds Everything
  • This episode was great! How can you hate it?

These episodes were fine examples of why this series is so darn popular! There's classic comedy, there's ingenious liers, there's even Squidward getting mauled by a worm! It's just TOO FUNNY! I love it! My dad loves it too! In fact, these are his favorite episodes! He recorded them on Tivo and watched them every morning with a bowl of cereal! These are fantastic! There's really not much else to say, so, as usual, I shall write something short for a number of times until I get to 100 words! But what to write, what to write,...hmm...well, I could always write, oh wait 100 and seven words! Now that's what I call good! Ooh, 115! Okay I'll shut up now.
  • I thought every second of every scene in this episode was fabulous.

Now let's talk about "The Lost Mattress": I loved that episode it was funny but I noticed a few errors like why is Spongebob like an a Adult but when he comes within ten feet of Patrick he becomes an idiot and a non Adult, and in real hospitals it's up to the patents to get the money for the hospital room after their better not for the Doctors to tell the nurses to kick the very sick patents out on the sidewalk it's just too bad Mr. Crabs lost his mattress in the first place. I loved the second episode as well I did not notice any errors in their. Now Squidward why does he have to be so mean? are all squid under the sea bottom so mean and grumpy? I think Squidward would be a lot happier if he moved away and quit his job but not like I want him to do it I like everything just the way it is. I rate the first episode Three stars and the second episode five stars.
  • A bad episode and an alright episode.

4.5
    The Lost Mattress: This episode was terrible, Squidward was out of character because he was too mean. I hated how he tried to take credit for the mattress.I also hated how he was a victim of Sponge and Pat's stupidity and the constant sabatoge of him. It wasn't even done in a funny way like the early seasons,it was just irritating. Aside from that I didn't like the story, and the jokes weren't funny. A bad episode. Krabs vs Plankton: An okay episode. It had enjoyable and funny moments like Spongebob interrogating the mop,and the story was well written. However, I think these Mr.Krabs episodes are starting to be overused. Overall,the second episode is good.
  • It sucks, even more than the last one.

0.6
    I Cannot believe that this one aired. Pathetic and unbelievable. Even more so on the episode "Krabs vs.Plankton". Their voices now suck. The only good part on this episode was that Patrick finally came on! So, I think this episode needs some kind of refurbishment. I'm not even going for an overview, so don't expect one.
  • Ehh two okay episodes.

These episodes are okay. I like The lost Mattress way better though. It had a terrible plot, but was executed fairly enough. It starts with Spongebob freaking out because the krusty Krab is closed. Mr. Krabs comes along and opens the door. He snaps at Spongebob because his back is hurting him. Squidward: I like the new Mr. Krabs. He yells at you more. Classic quote!. Soon Patrick and Spongebob buy him a new mattress. The other mattress has Mr. Krab's money in it. They have to get it back. With the help of Squidward. This episode gets a C-. So does Krabs Vs Plankton.
  • "The Lost Mattress" was an excellent episode and "Krabs vs. Plankton" was a decent but not great episode

The Lost Mattress: I thought that this was an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It was hilarious when SpongeBob and Patrick went inside the mattress store to buy Mr. Krabs' a new mattress after he saw that Mr. Krabs had a lumpy back and search mattress by mattress to look for the right one. It was hilarious when Spongebob asked Patrick "How many mattresses do you think could be in this store?" and then Patrick responds "10". Mr. Krabs having a heart attack after SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward throwing away his old mattress which had all of his money in there was very funny. The nurse moving Mr. Krabs and saying "I'm on it" was hysterically hilarious. Squidward getting attacked by that worm like four ot five times in this episode was hilarious and to be honest, that joke never gets old for me. Spongebob and Patrick being the Worm Bait was funny. Spongebob using a wooden spoon to play fetch with the worm was hilarious. SpongeBob and Patrick being in steak costumes was funny. The ending (of course in my opinion) was hilarious when the worm was chasing after Squidward. The only thing I didn't like was how mean Mr. Krabs was to SpongeBob in the beginning of the episode... it was one mean insult but I felt bad for Spongebob still. Overall, an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9.5/10

Krabs vs. Plankton: I thought that this was a decent but not great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". The plot just seemed to be a little dragged in this episode and could have been better. Mr. Krabs' lawyer slipping on the floor and SpongeBob ending up being Mr. Krabs' lawyer was hilarious. SpongeBob calling himself "SpongeBob LawyerPants" was funny. It was absolutely hilarious when SpongeBob was interrogating the mop and then Mr. Krabs says "I'm doomed". The gram-gram joke was so hilarious especially when everyone in the court and then SpongeBob says "Poor Gram-Gram". The krabby patty being inside the briefcase was pretty off for me. Plankton being guilty at the end of the episode was pretty cool to see. Overall, this was an overall good but not great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 7.5/10
  • I don't really care for the first one, but the second one is alright.

The Lost Mattress is probably one of the worst episodes of the season. No offense to the people who like it, but I just thought the humor was sort of mediocre. For instance, I didn't like how Squidward kept getting attacked by the worm. That got soooooooooooooooooo old after the first couple times. The episode itself was just sort of dull. The only thing I particularly liked about it was how the nurse kept having to move Mr. Krabs and her saying "I'm on it." Krabs Vs. Plankton was a better episode but still not the best season 4 has to offer. It was funny how Spongebob was humming the closing credits song to himself (did anyone else notice that's what it was?)and I also loved how he interrogated the mop and the Gram-gram joke.:) Anyway, to wrap up, the episodes all in all were just alright. Marebear2009, out!
  • The decent and the boring

5.8
    The Lost Mattress:

Grade: 8.5/10 A

Krabs vs. Plankton:
    Plankton tries to steal the formula, but slips and sues Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs hires a lawyer, but his lawyer slips and is hurt, so SpongeBob must try to help Mr. Krabs win the case by trying to open a briefcase that has something very important in it. If I was Mr. Krabs, I will kill Plankton before he can even sue me! This episode needs to be destroyed!

Grade: 3/10 F
  • great

The Lost Mattress- Krabs complains about his back and spongebob and squidward try to do something nice for him, by throwing away his old mattress and getting a new one. they think it is good, until they learn that his money was in the other. will they be able to get it back for their boss?

krabs vs plankton- plankton trips at the krusty krab and sues him. who will win this case?

both were good i guess, i do not know which one i would consider better though, they were only a smidgen above average, and my grade's a B
  • Great episodes!

For The Lost Mattress, I thought it was a strange idea but a good episode. Is it just me though or in every other episode does Mr. Krabs have his money in a safe? Well, anyway, I thought this felt like a classic SpongeBob episode. But I don't get why Mr. Krabs was complaining about his mattress when he had all his money in it and doesn't want to get rid of it. For Krabs vs. Plankton, I thought this was a cool episode, but I think Plankton just sank way too low. I mean, taking LEGAL ACTION!? And just the fact that he was lying about it is just wrong. But it made a good episode.
  • one episode is the best of season 4 one on the other hand is just an okay episode

the lost mattress this episode is okay although not the best of season 4 because spongebob gave mr krabs a new mattress to sleep on anyway i actullay dont have to much to say about this episode execept it was okay but not the best ill give it a 7.3
    krabs vs plankton i agree with people that this episode is the best of season 4 it was just classic hillarious and just awesome in general this episode also has plankton in it i love plankton so to include this review with these episodes combined together they are okay but i like the second one more i give the second one an 8.8 kingnicky1 out
  • Average but boring episodes.

5.5
    The Lost Mattress: This was boring. I especially didn't like it when Squidward got hurt by the worm because it looked too violent. I only liked it when Spongebob and Patrick went to the mattress store and were trying out the mattresses because of the music. I lol'd at Spongebob and Patrick in meat costumes, they looked silly. Final Grade: D (66%)

Krabs vs. Plankton: This is better than The Lost Mattress but still boring. I'm just not really interested in this episode because it gets boring easily to me. Overall I don't really recommend watching these episodes...Final Grade: D+ (68%)
  • I loved Krabs vs. Plankton, while the first one was just "meh".

The Lost Mattress: This episode was okay, I guess. It wasn't all that funny, but it did have some good jokes. Although, I didn't like at the beginning when Mr. Krabs was... well, crabby. I felt a little sorry for SpongeBob. However, this episode is better than many Season 4 episodes I've seen.

Krabs vs. Plankton: This episode was the true star in this pairing. Mr. Krabs gets sued by Plankton in yet another attempt to get the Krabby Patty formula. Despite the episode being a tad strange, I cracked up when Mr. Krabs kept his smile while muttering "What are you doing here?" to SpongeBob. And there was more, too. SpongeBob questioning the mop, Squidward as a witness, and Plankton's gram-gram to name a few.
  • Krabs vs. Plankton was good, but The Lost Mattress was terrible.

The Lost Mattress: Okay, I don't think I'll write the plot. Squidward just got the flame game in this episode, god **** the writers!
    GRADE: F

Krabs vs. Plankton: I'd say this episode was well written, it appears that Mr. Krabs is so cheap, he doesn't have a wet floor sign. So when Plankton comes to steal the formula, he fakes an injury to sue Mr. Krabs. He is then put into trial. But when Mr. Krabs's trusty lawyer gets into an accident, SpongeBob takes his place. I had to admit I was just laughing when SpongeBob attempted to open the suitcase. I also liked when Mr. Krabs had his eyes turned to gold and SpongeBob said they're usually silver when the lawyer asked if he always does that. I have to admit I enjoyed this episode, way better than that load-of-crap lost matress episode. The title could have been better though.
    FINAL GRADE: B+

FINAL GRADE: C-

Well, The Lost Matress is going into the top ten worst SpongeBob episodes big time, but Krabs vs. Plankton won't be anywhere near.
  • This is my 4th review of Spongebob for the 4th season. 4!?! Wow that's a "good" grade for the 4th season of Spongebob!

4!?! Only?! Wow. I am in a generous mood right now and decided to give a 4th season ep a 4.0 !!! I am so kind! Hug me! What?!? What did you say?!? The highest possible value on this site is 10.0??? How odd. If I write a review on the 4th season of Spongebob Squarepants, I can't go over 4.0! How ODD!!!! Ok seriously. The only redeeming thing in "The lost Mattress" was the hospital scene of Mr. Krabs. Nothing more. Oh wait. There was! Crap! And a lot of it! And I am not talking about the dump site in that ep. The episode was filled with poorly written crap! Hooray!

"Krabs vs. Plankton"?!? Bad title. Poor courtroom scene. Just POOR. It revolves around not being able to open a suitcase for heavens sake! What dimwit thought of this? Who actually said yes to that idea?!? I don't know? Perhaps it was... the NEW WRITERS and Spongebob's NEW MANAGEMENT?!? Bloody hell. Sack the bloody writers now. If they could replace Mr. Krabs with any of the NEW writers in that courtroom scene. That would make me happy....
  • Very funny!!!

The Lost Mattress

I think the episode idea is very original, the beggining is very funny and the story, the jokes and the end are good. It's a very awesome episode, it's one of my favorite episodes of this season. This episode is very funny, it make me laught.

86/100 8.6

Krabs vs Plankton

For me the episode idea is very original too, the story is very good and the jokes, the beggining and the end are good. This is another of my favorite episodes of this season. I think that it's a very good idea and the episode is very funny.

86/100 8.6

Total: 172/200 8.6
  • Two episodes that were very solid and very funny. A must see even if you don't like the show.

The Lost Mattress: Mr. Krabs complains that his back hurts, so SpongeBob and Patrick buy a new mattress and Squidward tries to take credit for it. They give the new mattress to Mr. Krabs, but Mr. Krabs put his money in his old mattress, which SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward must find while Mr. Krabs is at the hospital. A Krabs vs. Plankton: Plankton tries to steal the formula, but slips and sues Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs hires a lawyer, but his lawyer slips and is hurt, so SpongeBob must try to help Mr. Krabs win the case by trying to open a briefcase that has something very important in it. A+
  • The Lost Mattress is a great and very funny episode and Krabs vs. Plankton is an ok episode.

The Lost Mattress is a great and funny episode! It's very funny that Squidward makes SpongeBob and Patrick get Mr. Krabs' mattress from the worm but he's the one who always get hurt. I always laugh every time he gets hurt. One of the funny parts of this episode for me is when SpongeBob and Patrick went up to the fence of the dump but then they've got switched. Now Squidward is inside the dump and SpongeBob and Patrick was outside. That was so funny. Also when SpongeBob and Patrick dressed like meat because Squidward said so and put some steak sauce. That one was funny too. Krabs vs. Plankton is not really a good episode but it was ok. It's funny that SpongeBob can't open the brifcase while they're in the court. But the rest episode was not that funny and quite boring. That's the only thing I would say about that episode. So my ratings for this episodes are 9.1, superb.
  • This was a great epiosde!

This epiosde starts out with squidward walking to the krusty krub and finds spongebob outside crying. Sponebob tells squidwrd that the krusty brab is closed and starts crying until Mr krabs comes. Mr krabs tells them that he didn't sleep well because of his old mattress. H walkes in mumbling about his back hurting when spongebob says that he wants to get. mr. krabs a new mattris. He goes with Patrick to th Matris store and they find Mr. Krabs a good one.

Overall I really liked these episodes. It isn't the best episodes yet but they were still great. I would recomend this to every Spongebbob fan.
  • Great episode.

This episode was a great one because it had many funny parts like the mattresses that Patrick sitted in them were funny and the way the guardworm attacked Squidward was a very funny part too. But I didn't liked the way Mr, Krabs fainted because it looked bad and the way the doctors treated him was harsh, but the episode was very adventurous in my opinion of it. The other episode was also a great one because Mr. Krabs and Plankton went to the court and the way Spongebob dressed up as a lawyer was a very funny part and the way SpongeBob called the mop to ask it a few questions was silly and a very funny part to watch.
  • The Lost Mattress, I love it!

I don't get why people keep on saying SpongeBob is going downhill when Season 4 is the best Season yet! People should respect SpongeBob, otherwise we'll have to go over there and, um, do something about it. The Lost Mattress was great, same with Krabs Vs, Plankton! I liked it! How 'bout you? I'm glad this episode aired, you know. I disagreed with that 1 user:P. I totally agree that Season 4 is the best season yet, and truly, I can't wait for the best day ever! It truly is going to be the best day ever and the best ending ever! Get it? Got it? Good!
  • Uh...............

I Cannot believe that this one aired. Pathetic and unbelievable. Even more so on the episode "Krabs vs.Plankton". Their voices now suck. The only good part on this episode was that Patrick finally came on! So, I think this episode needs some kind of refurbishment. I like 'The lost matress', but thought Krabs vs. Plankton was even worse!
< 1 2