SpongeBob SquarePants

The Slumber Party / Grooming Gary

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 28, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• Mmm...they're both okay, I guess...

I'll be honest: when I read some reviews for "Slumber Party" blaming Pearl for what happened, I was surprised. Quite honestly, I'm on Pearl's side on this one. All she wanted was to have a simple slumber party with her friends. While some of Mr. Krabs' rules were reasonable (such as "No Boys"), him not giving Pearl any pizza money and relentlessly spying on her and her friends was not. That, and he completely dominated SpongeBob's house. If Krabs and SpongeBob had just left Pearl and her friends alone, there probably wouldn't have been any damage to Krabs' house. In my opinion, Krabs brought Pearl's anger down on himself.

"Grooming Gary" was a little better. It took Gary some time to get it through SpongeBob's thick head that he wanted NO part in the pet contest, and SpongeBob ultimately accepted Gary's decision, which was good. Overall, no real complaints with this episode.

"Slumber Party" was okay, though I do think Mr. Krabs was more at fault than Pearl was. "Grooming Gary" was an okay Gary episode.