SpongeBob SquarePants

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 06, 2009 on Nickelodeon

7.8
  • Lies!

3.5
    That's the only word I could find to describe this special. Everything said in that commercial were just plain lies. It's also a fine example of the fact that the writers don't even watch or care about older Spongebob, because in this "TV movie" it seemed like everything was made up as they went along. When Spongebob wakes up, he reveals that it is the eleventy-seventh (what kind of number is that?) anniversary since Mr. Krabs opened the Krusty Krab. (Has he even been alive that long?) At the Krusty Krab, we get a montage of Squidward shown to be sleeping on the job. In flashbacks like this, they could've actually shown us clips from older episodes, which they don't, which is why I brought up the fact that the writers probably don't watch old Spongebob, or even seasons 4-5 Spongebob. The same goes for the flashbacks of Mr. Krabs, everything is made up at one time. I know that continuity in Spongebob sucks, and that's fine if the show only goes on for about 3 seasons, which is what it was supposed to do, but when you get to 6, 7, 8, 9, or maybe even 10 seasons, that's when a show with a lack of continuity gets ridiculous. Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs get stuck in the freezer, so they go through the air duct. And here are some of the worst lies, not just in the special, but in the entire series. This is what turned this "TV movie" into the biggest ratings trap in Spongebob history. I don't mean to spoil anything but: The Krabby Patty formula is never revealed. It just turns out to be filler of Mr. Krabs and Spongebob on some pointless journey only to end up walking in a huge circle, Squidward should still be depressed without Spongebob, because he still has Patrick, and works for Mr. Krabs, and Spongebob and Sandy don't get married, it's just a play, which probably upset the people who thought that Spongebob and Sandy had crushes on each other. When they break out, Spongebob sings some random Christmas carol, for no reason and that's just about it.

The patchy parts are even worse. Let me start off by saying that almost 3/5 of this special is just pure patchy crap. Patchy is expecting Spongebob to turn up at some TV Extravaganza, but doesn't, so he goes to some place called Bikini Atoll. This is where it gets weird. Patchy says that he has sent something like 400 letters in one week. It's understandable if a child tried to send a few letters, but a grown-man dressed up as a pirate, thinking that Spongebob is real, sending over 400 letters in one week... And for some reason, patchy is actually let into this place, even know they know that Spongebob isn't actually real. (Where's the joke here?) Here, we get some of the most pointless celebrity cameos ever, from celebrities children probably won't even recognise. Even as a 15-year-old, I barely recognise any of these people. I mean, you've got Cee-Lo Green, Robin Williams and P!nk but that's it for me. And the special has an even more ridiculous climax than "Atlantis Squarepantis" A dream where patchy meets Spongebob, with bad effects. It's just bad, and is this seriously how they celebrate 10 years of one of the best ever children's shows? Just like Atlantis Squarepantis, Plankton is thrown in to the episode, for a sub-plot to go nowhere. The special does have a few good parts, like the songs, but they aren't even necessary, the gag with hans taking Squidward's jeans off when Squidward is used as the main character for the opening theme, but again, not necessary, and Mr. Krabs dropping his wallet and some guy steals it, because it's funny to see Mr. Krabs suffer. But that's just about it. I'm sorry, but in my honest opinion, some of the special just feels like scraps of crap cobbled together to make a 1 hour special. 90% really isn't necessary. 3.5/10.
  • Good, but mostly bad

Just like some reviewer said, that episode was a "HUGE LIE". It really offended the SandyxSpongebob shippers, they squeezed in the cheesy Patchy segments, and the "secrets" in the advertisments TOLD YOU NOTHING. Only good thing is it still had humour from Seasons 1-3!
  • Agree with charlesguy11, EmanTan, and other users who hated or disliked this episode

2.5
    A very generous 2.5/10

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on November 29): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • Why!!!

Spongebob was so epic in the day,now it's gross realistic stuff these days,and that wedding part,great,another episode for annoying spandy shippers to shove the pairing in our faces.
  • (sighs) another over rated new spongebob special

this episode is NOT FUNNY, the plot is dumb, theres too much patchy the pirate crap and songs thrown in.
  • Another great TV movie

This was another great TV movie of SpongeBob. At first I thought the idea of this movie was really plain and weird but I was gonna watch it anyways. It was great! I really loved that song at the end, "oh Krusty Krab" and at one point it got stuck in my head. The part when Mr.Krabs dropped his wallet was really funny. I also liked the seecrets in this episode and some of them actually did surprise me! That's a good thing. I like the flash back when Plankton was being launched. Hilarious! One thing I don't like about the SpongeBob TV movies is that they spend to much time on the Patchy the Pirate bits but some of them, I actually enjoyed. Overall, this was a great TV movie but could've benn done a little better. That's why I give Truth or Square an 8.5 out of 10.
  • THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

Horrible!!!!! Only 28 minutes minus the poop (A crappy patchy plotline and lotsa DVD Extras slapped together)
  • Final Good Episode

After this, I haven't gotten a chuckle from an episode since. It wasn't completely funny. In fact, 70% of the Spongebob parts weren't funny. I got a lot of laughs from the Patchy part though. Hopefully another good episode comes again.
  • Good Episode

The Krusty Krab celebrates its eleventy-seventh anniversary, and Mr. Krabs plans to sell lots of Krabby Patties. But SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs accidentally get locked in the freezer before they have a chance to celebrate. While finding their way through air shafts, they look back at some memorable moments in their lives. Meanwhile, Plankton finally finds the perfect opportunity to steal the Krabby Patty formula! I actually thought this was a really good episode and itwas about what I thought the episode was going to be like. I am glad that I watched it and if you haven't seen it, yet you should soon!
  • I dont like it. And these new spongebob episodes are VERY OVERRATED!!! The old ones receive much more acclaim

Another episode of "new" spongebob. All the episodes have bad animation, poor plots, not-so-funny jokes, and uncreative ideas. This is one of them. It's the Krusty Krab's eleventy-seventh (10th? 11th? 17th? 117th?) birthday, and theres gonna be a big party. Spongebob decides to decorate the Krusty Krab with some help. Unfortunately, the get locked in the freezer, and try to find a way out. The Krusty Krab employees and patrick tell their "secrets". Sadly, no secrets were actually revealed. Just memories of their past. Ex: Spongebob was gonna tell everybody the day he got married, but it was just a stupid play. And Mr. Krabs told everyone about the 1st krusty Krab ad. Yup. No secrets. When they escaped the air vents, Spongebob sings a retarded song to get customers back. In the end, Plankton does not get the recipie and all the people celebrate. There were no funny jokes, no memorable quotes, stupid songs, no running gags, no creative storytelling, and patchy the pirate also ruined it. And why the hell was Pink in the episode? All the characters were the same as usual. Overall, this is just another spongebob "tv movie" that goes along with the other specials: atlantis in squarepantis, pest of the west, etc. Score: 3.5 pretty bad episode when you compare it to the awesome nick shows like ren and stimpy, rocko, avatar. Go ahead new spongebob fans, thumbs down me. But a this is my opinion, one of the many "old" spongebob fan's opinions. And I dont understand why these episode ratings are so high, higher than the old spongebob episodes.
  • Another Plankton episode? Are you kidding me?

Another mind-scrapping Plankton episode? With all the Plankton episodes, they should just either: a) give him his own spin-off series, or b) release that Nickmas album of hit Christmas songs redone by Plankton. Or Krabby Road. Either one is fine by me, as long as they give us loyal fans what we want: less Krabby Patty formula eps revolving around Plankton, and less jerkiness from the titular characters, who we, the fans, strive to root for. Why did we root for Spongebob in the earlier seasons? We knew the Sponge would carry on, in a way that would usher in another century. Little did we know he would slowly turn into the most irritating mascot the world (and the viewers) has seen to date. Where did this sponge go wrong? When has the sponge started absorbing the wrong things?
  • It was better than Atlantis Squarepantis, but I was still disappointed. Please read the entire review before agreeing or disagreeing with me. Spoilers are included.

4.5
    Okay, I'm not so sure where to begin. I have so much to say about this movie. While I wasn't as hyped about this movie as I was Atlantis Squarepantis and the other recent 30-minute specials that I was rather disappointed in, I was terribly disappointed. The reasons are as followed: Shocking secrets were supposed to be revealed to us, but guess what? There WERE none!!!! Sure, this movie featured some cool flashbacks as we were promised, such as Spongebob eating his first krabby patty. I thought he was cute as a fetus, by the way, but I thought it was weird that he could see the world through his mom's belly button. Ew. I also liked the flashback Squidward had about Bikini Bottom before Spongebob, but was the guy standing behind the grill supposed to be Jim? It didn't look a thing like him. However, I was expecting something to actually be revealed that would cause me to sit and stare at the TV screen with my mouth hanging open. Unfortunately, the only thing that caused that to happen was the appalling theme song. Seriously, guys, that almost made me burst into tears since I've been a huge fan of Spongebob for over half of my life and I never thought I'd see the day when the theme song of a classic cartoon would suddenly change animation like that. I hope the theme song won't be like that permanently. Anyway, to get back to the actual show, another problem I had was the Patchy scenes. Half of the movie featured Patchy, and about a fourth of it featured Patchy calling celebrities. Was that really necessary? I think not. There was one other problem I had, and that was the ending. Spongebob lures all the customers back to the KK by singing a song, during which I almost covered my ears. Not only that, but the very, very end was exactly like the very end of so many other episodes. Spongebob says something and then he laughs. C'mon, writers. I don't think that's as good as you can possibly do. Now, for the reasons I rated this a 4.5. There was one scene that made me LOL, and that was the flashback Mr. Krabs had about Squidward sleeping. I just had to laugh when I saw Squidward with his butt in that customer's face! XD There were also a couple quotes I found funny, one being during the wedding scene, which, by the way, I expected wasn't an actual wedding, when the "minister" said, "I didn't know this was a play," and the other one being Spongebob saying "I can't believe it's been eleventy seven years already!" Hahahahahaha. I also couldn't help but laugh at muscular Patrick. Other than those parts,though, I found nothing funny, and this movie overall was, unfortunately, the biggest disappointment of the night for me. Marebear2009, out!
  • The Patchy parts brought this episode's score LOW.

The Krusty Krab celebrates its eleventy-seventh anniversary, and Mr. Krabs plans to sell lots of Krabby Patties. But SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs accidentally get locked in the freezer before they have a chance to celebrate. While finding their way through air shafts, they look back at some memorable moments in their lives. Meanwhile, Plankton finally finds the perfect opportunity to steal the Krabby Patty formula. The Patchy Parts brought this episode's score LOW.

7 out of 10

• Everytime i watch it. epicness

Alarm clocks ring everywhere throughout SpongeBob's house and even in Squidward's house. SpongeBob's foghorn alarm spits out some more, and SpongeBob wakes up and stops them. SpongeBob remembers that, on this day, the Krusty Krab celebrates its "eleventy seventh" anniversary. He remembers his first visit to the Krusty Krab and tells Gary about it: Years ago, when SpongeBob's mother was still pregnant with him, she and SpongeBob's father went to the Krusty Krab to eat there. His mother asked him what he wanted (SpongeBob could speak and read even before he was born), and he asked for a Krabby Patty. They were so good, SpongeBob took off his umbilical cord and sucked on it. When he finishes his flashback, SpongeBob showers, goes through the wringer, puts on his clothes and drinks a can of socks (socks then appear on his feet). He then puts on his shoes and goes over to the mirror, opens the door on it and looks through a collection of his faces. He takes off the one he already has on, and then replaces it with his "eager face". SpongeBob then leaves to go to the Krusty Krab, but as soon as he exits his house, he bumps into the back of an unbelievably long line of customers waiting to get to the restaurant as well. SpongeBob jumps on top of every second person in the line, then eventually reaches the Krusty Krab front door and squirms underneath it.

Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Squidward that this is a perfect opportunity for his arch-nemesis Plankton to steal the Krabby Patty formula (Plankton is commemorating 50 years of failure and 1003 failed attempts to get the formula). Krabs has hired Patrick as a security guard, so that he does not have to pay for a real one. SpongeBob spectacularly decorates the Krusty Krab with ketchup, mustard and pink toilet paper. He then turns the Krabby Patties into balloons with an air pump, but then mentions that has one last decoration. Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs follow SpongeBob into the freezer where he shows them a giant Krabby Patty ice sculpture which he made himself. However, in attempt to take the ice sculpture outside, they accidentally knock SpongeBob out the open freezer door; he then rebounds of the kitchen door and back into the freezer. The impact shuts the door and it locks, trapping all four friends inside. While finding their way through air shafts, they look back at some memorable moments in their lives, including the first Krabby Patty commercial in which Krabs, baby SpongeBob and his parents played, the time Mr. Krabs first conveyed the Krabby Patty formula to SpongeBob while they travelled around the world, the day SpongeBob moved to Bikini Bottom (Squidward had planted a miniature garden beside his house, when suddenly SpongeBob's pineapple house fell out of the sky, landed on top of Squidward and destroyed his garden), and also a time when SpongeBob and Sandy got married - which turned out to be a play without the priest knowing. (Technically meaning that they are actually married).

To get out of the air shaft, SpongeBob gathers Squidward, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs to bust out the shaft, but it takes a few tries, On his last try, he says to himself, OK, this is the one! Feel very good about this! OK, steady..., and he finally makes it out, only to find that all the customers have left after waiting for so long without getting any food. However, SpongeBob summons them all back as he sings a song in honour of the Krusty Krab, called "Oh, Krusty Krab" (similar to O Christmas Tree). Meanwhile, Plankton finally finds the perfect opportunity to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula. He fails, having Mr. Krabs to launch him, but Plankton tells Krabs that he cannot take any more launches, having been launched countless by Krabs times in the past. So, Krabs instead inflates Plankton into a balloon and floats him up into the sky. The eleventy seventh anniversary celebration then goes ahead

Now Anyone who doesnt love this movie? your not even human. this was Fantastic and Epicmovie. this is my 2nd favorite Nick Movie the spongebob movie is my favorite always will be.

now im 17. thats when some stupid teen kids say "your to old for spongebob" well uh..my 40 year old father watched a few episodes of spongebob and thinks its very funny. so suck it 13-15 teenagers.

u can be Any age you want and this show teaches you a lesson, be who you are, stay your kid like nature, also spongebob is not gay! he is acting like a Kid. remember that. this movie was great and the whole plot explains it. i still love every episode from 1999 to Now

• This episode is awful...NOT!

Okay,this is way better than any episode of Season 7.Spongebob gets locked in the freezer with his friends.Patrick seemed like an idiot again when he smashed his walkie-talkie.But here's another reason why I hated Mr Krabs:He ruined two things:The marriage and the formula.He just shouted out "Worst play Ever!",and he really Rickrolled us when he just saw Plankton.I just want to kill that idiot Mr Krabs for ruining everything.I loved Pink's peformance and Robin Williams,Tina Fey and Will Ferrell were in this episode.That's very cool that they all got to be putted in this episode.And I loved Oh Krusty Krab.I loved the entire episode,no matter if they have Mr Krabs or Patrick,it's still one of the best episodes ever.Next Review:The Angry Video Game Nerd.
  • Unfunny, poorly written, reused jokes and animation and full of plotholes and patchy *shrudder*

1.5
    Sigh, Spongebob where have thou gone. What truly used to be the most funny show on Nick and one of the most funny shows on TV amounts to this: one hour of garbage. There were tons of celebrity cameos: all unfunny. 20 unfunny minutes of Patchy at random points of the episode instead of the beginning and end of a commerial break so I couldn't even change the channel until it was over. An episode full of unfunny lines and a really stupid plot. Plankton just being there for the hell of it. Way to much squidward abuse to try and get laughs. Reused joke of Patrick thinking someone was in a talking device and breaking it. Krabs at his cheapest. The songs were bad. Krabs appearing from nowhere after going a different direction in the airducts. Crowd disappears in seconds. Plankton's falling down the pipe animation was reused 3 times in a row. Sandy used again for the hell of it. Overhyped, cheesy, and unfunny. Could've been just an unfunny 20 minutes if they just had spongebob none of this other garbage. Really this writers are god-awful and should be replaced immediately. It gets a 1.5 for making chuckle once or twice during the entire hour but anymore is truly charity. Do yourself a favor and skip this "movie". It is as bad as atlantis squarepantis, best day ever, and the lost episode and the writers and Nick should know better than to give loyal fans this garbage. Ethier kill the show or make sure to use this as an example of what not to do for the new writers that they should hire.
  • Utter failure.

Wow. All I can really say is wow. I cannot believe what this movie was. It is still showing right now and I am appalled at how awful it was. "Patchy the Pirate", or some goofball in a costume,takes up like 20 minutes of this episode/movie thing and it is only an hour. Plankton actually fell down the air duct, whereas I thought he actually was going to get it. And Spongebob and Sandy didn't get married, it was a play! A play!!! I wish it was real though. We didn't really learn anything, and the "Krabby Patty Foruler" as mister krabs calls it, was never even said. They went into a big circle for no reason apparently. I am shocked at how terrible this movie is. The writers and creaters and stuff of this show should shape up soon and stop making Spongbob so childish. A little more violence, like the episode when Spongebob and Patrick were fighting with sand, was violent, and also a good episode. I would not be shocked to see Spongbob fans starting to dislike this show, much less the movie too. I really hope the people who made this show shape up soon...
  • holy...

Sorry, but that was absolutely terrible. The past two seasons have been pretty terrible almost 100 percent of the time. This was no exception.

The first 15-20 minutes were my favorite parts. But then they got locked in the freezer and it seemed that the rest was all about Patchy. Which made me mad. Patchy is really unlikeable throughout this whole movie. Then there was the Formula Reveal. I knew right when Spongebob was telling PLANKTON something was wrong. Which made me very upset, as I really wanna know the secret.

It had some good parts, but the bad far outweighed the good.
  • Best episode of the season! SPOILERS!

Truth or Square is one of the best TV movies/specials so far. On with the episode, it shows flashbacks of Patchy from previous episodes. What is Patchy doing this time. He gets a chance to get inside the Nickelodeon Studios and gets to hang out inside one of the offices. Then, Spongebob sets a bunch of clocks to get him up early for the 117th anniversary of the Krusty Krab! He remembers his first krabby patty when he was still inside his mom. Spongebob then sings a song foreshadowing how things can't get any better. Meanwhile, Patchy's consciences tell him to call one of the Spongebob fans to star in his show. He first gets Rosario, but due to his bad breath, the phone was held up. In the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs helps make decorations for the anniversary and promises tons of krabby pattys but unfortunately at doubled prices. Which is cheesy. Squidward remembers flashbacks of himself napping on the job, while Plankton remembers his misery of fourty-nine years of failiure. Spongebob memorizes his decor for the Krusty Krab and is made in-charge of the decorations. Patrick is extra security also. Spongebob makes a krabby patty ice sculpture, but when trying to push it, he accidently gets the him and co. locked up! While Plankton's opportunity is to sneak inside an air vent to get the formula. Patchy calls Lebron James, but due to his big game, he refuses to show. Tina Fey, which Patchy mistakes as Tina Turner tells her to come for an expected show for Spongebob and suggests her to sing for the show. But she refused. Then it's Will Ferguson! Jealously shows Patchy and he decides bring a famous puppet and ventriloquist. Will gets his attention, but Patchy needs someone to spice up his entertainment. Spongebob and co. look back at famous memories: first, the Krusty Krab commercial. Then Spongebob moving in with Squidward and decides to move next to him and Patrick after a pineapple from an unexpected cruise ship falls into the ocean's surface. Then, Spongebob tells that he knew Mr. Krab's secret formula, but he whispered to him and Plankton shows up and trys to interfere by listening to the flashback, but once again failed. Then a flashback of a cute, romantic play of Sandy and Spongebob's marriage. Too bad it's a play, but I loved it! Patchy manages to get Robin Williams to show, including P!nk, along with the performance of Scurvy. Then a old cartoon format of Spongebob and Patchy daydreams of meeting him. Spongebob and co. get out and save the day at the end. Great episode. And I freaking liked it!

A+
  • The greatest SpongeBob SquarePants 1-hour TV movie that I have ever seen and it's so much better than "Atlantis SquarePantis".

I love "Truth or Square", it is officially my favorite 1-hour SpongeBob TV movie and I like this so much more than "Atlantis SquarePantis". I don't know why some people hate this TV movie. Okay, sure the krabby patty formula wasn't revealed like everyone was hoping but don't hate this episode just because of that reason but i did think they should have less Patchy scenes though. I loved it when SpongeBob was decorating the Krusty Krab, when Patrick turned buff with those pink ribbons, and the flashback when SpongeBob and Sandy got married when it turned out to be a play was funny and it was funny when that priest said "I didn't know this was a play". They should of had Sandy stuck in the freezer with SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs because it would have been better with the five of them instead of four of them but oh well, at least Sandy appeared in this TV movie. I loved that song SpongeBob sang at the end "Oh Krusty Krab", it made me smile and it was good parody of "Oh Christmas Tree". I did like the celebrity appearances in the Patchy scenes also. I also thought it was funny when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob travel around the world and then after all that travel, they're back at the Krusty Krabs, okay that was kind of dumb but funny. Overall, my favorite SpongeBob TV movie of all time. 10/10
  • Great

The Krusty Krab celebrates its eleventy-seventh anniversary, and Mr. Krabs plans to sell lots of Krabby Patties. But SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs accidentally get locked in the freezer before they have a chance to celebrate. While finding their way through air shafts, they look back at some memorable moments in their lives. Meanwhile, Plankton finally finds the perfect opportunity to steal the Krabby Patty formula! This episode is well written. I can't say anything anymore so,

3tr8 5 4t 45tg5 hhg bv n n d cmc b bbed b b bn bc bnvrf 4j cth g th htrh
  • Great tv movie!

This episode was really great. Its about the krusty krabs eleventy seventh aka 117th aniversary and everybody is celebrating except for plankton but the gang gets stuck in the krusy krab freezer and the eveventy seveth aniversary is attracting custimers but wii mr krabs spongebob patrick and squidward get out in time to celebrate? Im not going to spoil but the movie was not overhyped like the other specials like best day ever or the atlantis movie but like the atlantis movie it has singing oh well at least its better lol. The movie shows numorous flashbacks that are very intresting. Overall it was a great tv movie!
  • The best Spongebob special/episode after the third season!

As a Spongebob Squarepants fan, in recent years including specials, I've been really dissappointed with the way the show's going. It's like an old dog that needs to be put out it's misery.....IMMEADIATELY!! But after I saw this special, I knew that as long as they picked up the pace like this, it can last for twenty seasons. Anyways, moving on to the review.

Plot:
    The Krusty Krab celebrates it's eleventy seventh anniversary and when Spongebob finishes decorations, he remembers a very special one he made that's in the freezer. He, Patrick, Mr.Krabs and Squidward go to the freezer and try to move it out. While Spongebob is pulling on the other side, his hands slip and he falls backwards, bounces off a drawer and flies back inside the freezer while shutting the door accidently in the process locking the gang inside. Plankton, seeing the celebration as a perfect opportunity, tries to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula yet again. While the gang tries to find their way out through the air shafts, they look back on memorable moments they've had over the years. Meanwhile, in a subplot, Patchy the Pirate tries to get celebrities to make an appearance on a special he's throwing celebrating Spongebob's Tenth Anniversary. But, everything goes horribly wrong.

Let-Downs:
    -One of the major let-downs of the special was of course, one that Nick does very commonly. Overhype the special! Okay, so I know that some of the big secrets that they promised to be revealed just weren't going to happen(such as Spongebob and Sandy getting married.....really?), but there were some I was really looking forward such as "the secret life" of Patrick Star. I was hoping that he was like some kind of cool FBI agent or something instead of being the idiotic starfish the world knows today. But it just winded up being Patrick taking his role as being the security guard during the KK eleventy seventh anniversary celebration too seriously. The biggest let-down of course was the secret formula not being revealed. I mean, don't you think after ten years, we have a right to know? It's not like were gonna tell Plankton or anything. C'mon, Nick. Quit lying all the freakin' time. It gets pretty old and pathetic that you keep letting us down time and time again just to get viewers. There were no big secrets revealed at all! WTF?!

-P!nk used a song that was already out. Not a big disappointment, but still one none the less.

-The claymation intro. I understand that they should have done a newer version of the intro just for that occasion, but that was just plain ridiculous. And what was with that Jamacian drug dealer at the beginning? Let-Ups
    Note: I know it's not a real term. Don't give me a hard time! :P

-The involvement of Patchy. No need to adjust your compuetr screens. Now I know alot of people of criticized Patchy's involvement, but it was vital for the special to be as good as it was. Think about it for a second. If Patchy wasn't involved in it, then the rest of the airtime would have to be filled in by Spongebob and it would most likely be filled with cruddy jokes and the characters being...well...out of character. Although Patchy wasn't funny at all, he did give us some really funny clips of Spongebob that you'd be too stupid not to lol at. For example, that 30's style Spongebob cartoon was just freakin' hilarious! XD

-The charcters weren't out of character at all. No Spongebob being homo no Patrick being just utterly idiotic, no Squidward using twelve syllabic words and Mr. Krabs wasn't too cheap either.

-The involvement of the celebs.

Overall:

Overall, the special would have been perfect if Nick wasn't lying about and if P!nk hadn't have used a song already out in stores. The way the new writers picked up their game really impressed me so overall, I give it a 8.5 or a B.
  • i was pretty much dissapionted :(

They hyped this episode up like nutbars,but it wasnt reaqlly worth the hype.First of all..the hugest dissapiontment was that all of the "flashbacks" seemed to be fake and not at all what they seemed to be,i was exspecially mad over the sandy/spongebob kiss which was sincerally fake.Plankton supposedly having the perfect chance to steal the recipe was really him just walking in the door and getting squashed.Overall i was sicerelly dissapointed in this special and this was the first special i have ever been dissapionted in.

f f d dfjd dfdf d fd fdcfddf f d f d fdfgj j
  • They really knew what should premiere!

It's hard to say that was the worst episode ever, Ever! They worked hard on animating, Voicing and directing spongebob squarepants but for the tenth aniversery they planned it out perfectly and made it just as funny as any other episode, But also pretty intresting. That's why i coulden't manage to stop watching it when it came on, So later, That I coulen't WAIT to see it again, I got the dvd! One episode i will never stop watching even if my best friend bagged me to! One amazing episode. I can see why only a couple people hate it! It's the best episode created so far and i know that nickolodean will make one just as good or better for the 20th anivirsiry!
  • It was horrible, on Opossites day it is! =)

Great episode, but that darn Patchy the Pirate hogged half of the show. If I were the creator of the TV special, I'd only let Patchy have only 10-15 minutes. I think the Spongebob part was funny, especially when Mr. Krabs launches Plankton. The 2nd TV movie was also funny when Plankton falls down the air vents. I was looking forward for this television special. This TV special would beat the first TV special (The hated Alantis Squarepantis.) in a landslide. Bottom line: Great, but Patchy hogged a little too much of it. P.S. How do you do make ratings that go under 1.0? I have some shows I want to do that to.
  • Great

In this Spongebob TV movie, Spongebob is getting the Krusty Krab ready for it's anniversery (can't remember what number it was though.) However, while making preperations, Spongebob gets Mr. Krabs, Squidward, Patrick, and himself locked in the resturaunt's (blah) freezer! They soon split up to find a way out through the air vents, and eventually get stuck in dead ends. Will they be able to get out before the customers get anxious? I used to hate this episode, but I gave it a second chance, and I thought it was really good. It was pretty action-packed and kept you waiting to see what happened at the end. The only things I didn't like were Patchy's scenes (he was unneeded) and some dumb scenes (like the marriage scene with Sandy that turned out to be a play; too hyped up by Nick) Decent 10th anniversery special. 8.5/10 B+
  • an awesome tv movie

this is another fine example of season 7 anyways i love this movie because its fun and entertaining to watch one funny part of this movie and possibly the funniest part is when mr krabs picks up plankton in a flashback and rolls him into a ball and launches him in the air conditioner that was so cool and funny another funny part of this episode was when patrick was breathing on squidwards backneck and then does a huge burst of breath that was also funny another part that was good was when mr krabs made plankton a balloon and he bursted into the air that was very funny aswell this is the second best spongebob movie next to the regular but overall i give this episode a 10 kingnicky1 out
  • This was a truly awesome TV movie!!!!

Wow, I just loved this. To me it shows the potential these writers on SpongeBob could really have. I guess they just don't really try too hard unless there is a special episode like this. But they gave it their all and it was awesome. I really liked the live action celebrity segments, I was upset they only included them on the premiere. It was a lot better than Atlantis SquarePantis. But if I could change anything on this episode, I would make the fake theme songs at the end into some real information about the original ideas of spongeBob (That's what I thought it was going to be) Well, great episode!!!!!!!
  • This episode is a great way to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

This is a very funny episode. I didn't really like The Patchy segments, except for the whale part. I loved the song and Spongebob's first Krabby Patty. I also liked Patrick as the security guard. The flashbacks of Squidward sleeping was boring, but I liked the decorating flashbacks though. Space, Western and Disco were the themes. But I loved him decorating it Krabby Patty themed. The launching scene was fun. the best quote was this. Mr. Krabs: There's only one way out here. Patrick: A highschool diploma? The first Krusty Krab commercial was so vintage, and the marrying scene was epic. Other good parts were the alternate theme songs and the old cartoon. The ending was sweet with The Krusty Krab song. Overall a great way to celebrate 10 years of laughs.
< 1 2