SpongeBob SquarePants

Wormy / Patty Hype

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Feb 17, 2001 on Nickelodeon

• A really good episode, with flaws in the storyline for "Wormy", though.

7.8
    "Wormy" was a decent episode and I thought it was quite charming to see Patrick and Spongebob take such good care of the little worm Sandy left them babysitting with. If only they knew that the worm was actually a caterpillar who morphed into a butterfly. Thinking that the butterfly is a monster that ate Wormy (the name for the worm), everyone in Bikini Bottom runs like there's hot coal covering the ground. I don't know, but the characters are complete cowards in this episode. It's a butterfly, for God's sakes. it's smaller, more vulnerable, and has an AIR bubble. They could just pop that air bubble and the butterfly would drown, although I'd hate to see the reaction from Sandy when she discovers that Wormy dies. But aside from that, it's a rather funny episode that's worthy of watch.

"Patty Hype", on the other hand, has alot of great material in it in which Spongebob makes a rainbow of colored Krabby Patties, now called "Pretty Patties". Krabs takes over Spongebob's Pretty Patty business and does not realize what kind of predicament he's gotten himself into. I like this episode, one reason is that Krabs, in my opinion, is not a really great character, but he serves his purpose towards the show very well. The fact that he has a literal love for money makes me want to not love him. I think it was great to see that he deserved the long chase, and probably the beatings from his and Spongebob's customers. But since he is his own boss, a do-it-yourselfer, and Sponge retires from the Pretty Patty business, there's no one left for the customers to smash on except for Krabs, and I absolutely loved the trail of rainbow colors they were making.

"Patty Hype" is the better episode here, with a more "original" storyline and a better atmosphere.