Spooks: Code 9 Forums

BBC Three (ended 2008)

why do people hate it?

pearson252

[1]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 6

do people not like it because there young ? so far i enjoyed both episodes seams fast pacing hope a lot more Acton than the spooks its self new rules might make it a bit grittier and ruthlessc I think the idea of a future-set, post-disaster version of Spooks is an intriguing concept. think there trying to widing the audience, to a younger demographic. my younger brothers never really like spooks but really enjoy this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

minisin

[2]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    This is just asking for trolls...
    I enjoyed it, and I loved Spooks.
    Its only been on for two episodes, anyone who hates it just because of that clearly hated it before it started (Makes sense to me).
    Maybe some of the acting was a bit off, but I still enjoy it, even watched it repeated, which is something I hardly ever do.
    Roll on episode 3.

mmorrismjm

[3]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 7

As I wrote in the other thread, maybe it isn't that people have a hatred of it. Maybe they are just uninspired as it doesn't live up to the spooks hype.

I am keen to know where this 'fast pace' is. Spooks has a much grittier, faster pace and this is a little lacking. If you don't believe me watch the scene in episode one where they run through a shopping centre into a department store - where's the fast pace ambient soundtrack that, in Spooks, adds to that pace people are talking of. It cuts in right at the end when its far too late. Pace through camera work? Not really, a lot of the action is filmed in a rather awkward way.

Why do I hate it? I don't. I just don't see that it is the well-rounded BBC production it should be. Some of the acting is appalling.

xoxJoJoRulesxox

[4]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    People havn't really given it a chance, It been 2 episodes, i personally enjoyed them both,and shall be watching again next week!

Kurganxy

[5]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    I saw both episodes yeaterday and i have to say im really liking it. I cant wait for the next episode

shawnlunn2002

[6]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 41
    I don't. I'll admit it's not as good as Spooks but that doesn't mean it can't be either. It just needs time that's all. Look how hostile people were with Torchwood and now people love it.

crash613x

[7]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 4

AARGH! i just typed my entire message and hit send and it didn't post! here goes again.

I can't say that i don't like it.... yet. It is WAYYY too "21 Jump Street" for me. I am not sure if you in the UK ever got that show, but if not, don't worry.. You are getting and updated version now.

way too teeny bopper oriented, just like Jump street. Anyway. I LOVE the original series and i could argue the "who is better" Tom Quinn or Adam Carter all day long... But this...... i just don't know.

i guess time will tell..

mike

for what it's worth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Jump_Street

suiycfui

[8]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    Love the 21 Jump Street reference. I'm not ready to say it's that bad, but I can definitely see the comparison being made.

song85

[9]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 5
    21 Jump Street was a classic. I am a huge Spooks Fan. If you guys like spooks watch the Canadian show Intelligence. So How does this compare to the original spooks?