Sport Science Forums

FOX Sports (ended 2008)

Welcome to the Sport Science forums!

bballmegan22

[1]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 30

Hi everyone! I know not many people probably know about his show, but in case there were any visitors I was going to introduce myself. I'm Megan and I'm the editor for Sport Science. I encourage interaction and sharing of opinions of the show on the forum, but please do not engage in any disrespectful or unethical arguments with other fans. Please abide by the Terms of Service set by TV.com. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bdogthehog

[2]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    Hi Megan. I just wanted to say that the show is incredible and my wife and I really enjoy watching it. So much so that I wanted to ask you if there were any DVD's of the show available for purchase. Please let me know, thank you!

SuspendedSwish

[3]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 2
    This show is such a great show! Every single episode is interesting.

jenyee87

[4]Jun 21, 2009
    bballmegan22 wrote:

Hi everyone! I know not many people probably know about his show, but in case there were any visitors I was going to introduce myself. I'm Megan and I'm the editor for Sport Science. I encourage interaction and sharing of opinions of the show on the forum, but please do not engage in any disrespectful or unethical arguments with other fans. Please abide by the Terms of Service set by TV.com. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Hi I don't know if this show is still running or not but I'd like to discuss the episode about softball vs baseball pitching. I don't think it was quite complete. Although there might be less time to react to a softball pitch, you have to consider every hitter has a hitting zone, the area in which the bat and ball are on the same plane. Just because the softball reaches the hitting zone faster, it still moves through it at a slower rate. I have a blog going if you would like to read it at http://pzoneacademy.blogspot.com/, it goes in reverse chronological order. It's not complete but it's a start to the science of hitting. You also have to consider pitch movement. The baseball has to travel a longer distance, therefore it has more time to move because of its spin. You also have to consider the bats. Wooden bats are much heavier and have a smaller sweet spot, therefore less room for error for hitting.

PaulBell1

[5]Feb 7, 2011

Hi Megan,

I am a PDHPE teacher with elective and senior classes. I only noticed the show a couple of weeks ago and find it fascinating especially considering my teaching area. It is a valuable knowledge based resource for me even with only the few episodes I have viewed. I was wondering

1. will the 1st series be replayed

2. when does series 2 commence

3. Can you buy the series and if so where/how and cost please

Paul (PDHPE Teacher

Edited on 02/07/2011 4:21am