Sports Night Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

It just occured to me

explorer0713

[1]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 3
    as I was watching a couple of episodes on the dvd yesterday that Isaac never had a secretary. Shouldn't he have? A bigtime TV exec?

Also, shouldn't there have been a receptionist or security? Visitors just seemed to come and go at will - they weren't concerned about sportnuts or obssessed fans coming in and mucking things up?

Yes, the show already had a ton of regular characters and didn't need more, but they could have just been extras sitting at a desk and seen in the background or as people walked by.....
    Edited on 02/13/2006 9:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[2]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 54
    Good point. I never thought of that. I suppose there could have been a receptionist we didn't see, but Isaac didn't definitely didn't have a secretary. I guess Kim was the closest thing we saw to a secretary/receptionist, but she was close to being a producer. She was hoping to take Natalie's job when the rumor was going around about Isaac leaving and everyone else moving up a step.

explorer0713

[3]Mar 7, 2006
    • level: 3
    Kim was a producer. It was in one of the last episodes that Dan realizes that she isn't his assistant/secretary - despite the fact that he's always treated her as such and she was willing to go along with it. He even asked her, "You're not my secretary? I've always treated you like my secretary."

Alyllyra

[4]May 31, 2006
    • level: 7
    Well, there's probably a reception at the entrance to the building, directing people where they need to go...

sipowicz

[5]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 32
    If you watch the episode, "Smoky" when Dana gets the note for Isaac, she says, "You sent me a note, you never send me a note, you usually have Marcia get me" so I assume he has an assistance/secretary, named, Marcia.