Sports Night

ABC (ended 2000)

layle1

Sports Night Fan Reviews (40)

• The best hour long drama was a half hour sitcom.

I loved this show. I particularly thought it was wonderful back to back with Spin City, but that's another story.

Here's the deal...ABC messed up big time. They messed up in the same way that NBC messed up with Boomtown and FOX is about to mess up with Arrested Development....But again, beside the point.

What is the point? The point is that this was a great show. Visually interesting. Aurally stimulating. Funny. Dramatic. Great characters. Definitely some of the best writing I've ever seen (heard) on television.

And...ABC messed up in the second season by tampering with the show to make it get better ratings. Ratings aren't what makes a show good. What makes a show good is a quality staff and cast. This show had that in droves.

This was a completely new and interesting take on the workplace comedy. ..but it's creativity and it's quality were it's downfall.

I'm glad I had the chance to get to know this series (and as I watch through the DVD for the ...well, a relatively high ammount...time, I am reminded again what an amazing show it was.

Good characters, continuing stories, thought provoking episodes, and good comedy.

They need more shows like this on television.
FXX