SportsCenter Forums

Daily 6:00 PM on ESPNIn Season

Reduce the feel good stories!

southpark2000

[1]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 2

Lately I've noticed that Sportscenter has been showing feel-good sports related stories, and it's been driving me up the wall. I know what you're thinking: What? You didn't like the J-Mac story, or you hate the little kid who got to see (insert famous athlete here) before he dies of (insert crippling disease here)? Let me assure you-I loved the J-Mac story, it was great, and I'm glad he's being able to see famous people, and I'm glad he got the ESPY, too.

No, I don't hate the kid who got to see the famous athlete before he died, It's a very nice story, I admit, but if you're showing this kind of thing every morning, it gets to you.

So, why criticize it? Because it's getting over the top, and I watch Sportscenter to get yesterdays scores, not see a feel-good story! Were the ESPN executives pumped with estrogen or something? I'm sorry, but I'm getting tired of it. Anyone else feel the same way here?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

superman8119

[2]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 25
    I don't really care if they show them.

legato11

[3]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 11
    There are entirely to many feel good stories if I wanna see those I would just watch Lifetime or something.

laxguy2584

[4]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 2

I, for one, LOVE those types of stories. Isn't that why we watch sports? To watch the greatness unfold before our eyes? Dont get me wrong tho, I do like the Ryan Leaf-esque stories tossed in from time to time.

They are true stories though, they really happened to people. Something good happened to someone who worked hard to achieve their ultimate goal or overcome a giant hurdle in ones life. If i wanted to see something depressing, I would turn it on the nightly news, or 24 hours a day on CNN. The best feel-good story you will see there is how Boots the kitten found its way home, or how a small town adopted a stray turkey as its new mascot.

Edited on 10/01/2006 1:22am

seinfeld111690

[5]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 25
    I could care less for them

pacojonezl40

[6]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 21

legato11 wrote:
    There are entirely to many feel good stories if I wanna see those I would just watch Lifetime or something.

I agree. I'll admit that its okay for them to mention something, but I'm really watching for scores and highlights.

lxdawg25

[7]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'm sorry but I hate these things, I think if I hear one more time about the autistic kid who made the shot I'm gonna lose it!! I love sports center and watch it religiously every morning but these stories lose me every time. I watch to see scores and highlights, maybe some predictions and news. If you don't have enough to fill a show put in more highlights from the game or more predictions(okay maybe we don't need more of these) but there is no such thing as too many highlights.

lesmis24601

[8]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 7

I hate these things. I watch SportsCenter for Sports, not these to see these stories.They need to do away with them. I mean why reward kids for having a disease or problem. I mean I have a muscle problem, but do i get to meet my favorite athlete? No. It's nice to see these kids have fun, but come on. Every person has something wrong with them, and not everyone gets to meet an athlete.

sssquarepants

[9]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 23
    I hat that J-Mac story. All he did was come into the game and bomb threes. That isn't a feel-good story. Sure he has a disibilty, but the other team let him take those shots.

Everyone probably hates me now.

Dirk4MVP

[10]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 41
    I kind of hate them, because it wastes much of the time, and that means less NBA/NFL highlights. (my favorite highlights)

sssquarepants

[11]Jan 19, 2008
    But what more can you have when the NFL season is coming to a close and Baseball hasen't started and NASCAR hasen't started and Golf is boring.
    Edited on 01/19/2008 4:12pm

Dirk4MVP

[12]Jan 20, 2008
    sssquarepants wrote:
    But what more can you have when the NFL season is coming to a close and Baseball hasen't started and NASCAR hasen't started and Golf is boring.
    I don't care about NASCAR. It bores me to death. But I'll still have the NBA until June!!

sssquarepants

[13]Jan 20, 2008
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    I don't care about NASCAR. It bores me to death. But I'll still have the NBA until June!!
    yea e yeah!

Dirk4MVP

[14]Jan 25, 2008
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    Oh, and Arena Football starts around April or May, and I'm hoping for a championship for my Dallas Desperados. They went 15-1 last season, but choked in the first game of the playoffs.

crzza

[15]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 49
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    Oh, and Arena Football starts around April or May, and I'm hoping for a championship for my Dallas Desperados. They went 15-1 last season, but choked in the first game of the playoffs.
    yeah i like them too.arena football rulez.i enjoy the videogames too

sssquarepants

[16]Feb 26, 2008
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    i really like Arena Football. You never have to worry about not scroing. That's what i love, high scoring games

Dirk4MVP

[17]Mar 7, 2008
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    i really like Arena Football. You never have to worry about not scroing. That's what i love, high scoring games
    Yeah.. 77-49 was the final score to one game in Week 1.

sssquarepants

[18]Mar 14, 2008
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    speaking of high scoring, I was playing NCAA football 08 and I was doing a campus legend. It was the Oregon Ducks vs. Alcorn St. Beavers. I beat them 143-0. YEA!

crzza

[19]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 49
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    speaking of high scoring, I was playing NCAA football 08 and I was doing a campus legend. It was the Oregon Ducks vs. Alcorn St. Beavers. I beat them 143-0. YEA!
    I played MVP Baseball 2005 and beat the Royals with the Yankees 120-1.

sssquarepants

[20]Jun 14, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    yea e yeah!
    I played MVP Baseball 2005 and beat the Royals with the Yankees 120-1.
    I pitch a lot of perfect games. its really fun and addicting