Squidbillies

Weekdays 12:00 AM on Adult Swim Premiered Oct 15, 2005 Between Seasons

Lazy_TV_fan

Squidbillies Fan Reviews (61)

• One of the funniest shows I have ever seen

If you're a real arrogant prissy person who prefers the simpsons, this may not be for you. If you demand a bit more crudeness, this is the show for you. The hilarity never stops. My two particular favorite experiences of the show are the voices of Unknown Hinson as Earlie Cuyler and Dana Snyder (Master Shake) as Granny Cuyler. The sound of their voices alone crack me up. But the over the top southern redneck stereotype gags are what really send the show out of control. The animation isn't the best, but its a show that relies on its vocal talent and writing rather than its artwork, much like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Highly quotable. I'll always be watching as long as they keep puttin em out.
  • its terrible

this show just sucks its just people getting shot and explosions. the plot to it is just stupied sqids are rednecks and they just blow $h!t up it will make you brain dead aqua teen is atleast good this is just stupied. i dont know what is wrong with these people giving this show a ten its pathetic. the people that like this show probably have adhd and they have to see explosions and guns every second. i tried watching this one episode i couldnt even watch it through till the end. so thats my review for this crappy show.
  • Hilarious!

A satirical depiction of southern conservatives, certainly accurate. Yeah, the animation is (purposely) imperfect and the plot is _contradictory and I am sure that this is intentional. The musical selection which accompanies squidbillies is awesome. I guess that some people just solidly prefer mediocre s*** and it is all good! I just love the show! :-) :-)

• I think this show is just like ATHF. It is so funny! I can tell it'll be on for a long time.

I agree, npmadman88. This show is so freakin' hilarious! Especially in the new episode where Early beats up Granny, thinking that it's Rusty. How could you think that this show is not great? It's awesome! I think that it's the best thing since Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Squidbillies is awesome!
  • Apparently BradleyJones needs his art spoon fed to him!

BradleyJones, I seriously doubt you or your talented dog could design, draw, or animate anything close to the artwork you're trashing. Have you ever heard of Folk Art? Ben Prisk is a well known and respected artist who gets paid for his artwork. How many pieces of art has your dog sold?
  • My favorite show on [adult swim].

This is a fantastic show. The background art is absolutely breathtaking. The animations are smoother than most of the shows on [adult swim]. I love the voice actors; who could be better than Unknown Hinson and Dana Snyder? Okay, maybe sometimes you can't understand grandma...Most people probably sees this show and thinks it's nothing but crashing into things. Not exactly it. This is the most artistic show on [adult swim], so it has pretty much everything! The music is awesome, the story plot is funny and random, it has everything a show needs to succeed. How could people hate this show? It's comedy, of course. It's hard to do comedy, so not everyone could understand it. I'm not southerner, so I might not be the best fan, but I still love this show!
  • The southern humor in squidbillies can only truely be understood by someone with a southern sense of humor or anyone with an open mind. I find it extremely funny and I am also an educated individual who happens to be from the south.

The southern humor in squidbillies can only truely be understood by someone with a southern sense of humor or anyone with an open mind. I find it extremely funny and I am also an educated individual who happens to be from the south. And I think the people with an ethnocentric attitude judge it without seeing it for what it really is. It is simply humor playing on human nature. Whoooo! and dont touch the trim :D

• Squidbillies

This is one of the best shows that revolves around the subject of the rural south. It has probably the best portrait of the rural south I've ever seen. It is so twisted and mean-spirited, you can't just help but laugh. The characters are so three-dimensional, that they are probably more realistic than the Dukes of Hazard.
  • One of the better shows Adult Swim has

When I watch this show, it makes me laugh. That's really all that matters to me. I don't care if this show's not the best drawn or if it is squids living on land. I just find the characters funny. You have a trashy redneck squid who got released from prison early and lives in a trailer park with a trashy wife and son. The sherieff doesn't seem to do much about anything. Well at least this show isn't a bunch of crap like a lot of the other shows on Adult Swim. For a 15 minute show, this is pretty good.
  • OMG, why is this show so hated?

Seriously this show keeps getting 1s and 1.5s but I'm seeing The Oblongs getting 9s and 10s? Seriously people think that show is better than this show, heh whatever! You guys are stupid for liking that Simpsons ripoff, I didn't even find that show funny one bit! As for this show, it's not laugh out loud funny but better than it's reputation.
  • This show is odd

This show really confuses me. After watching about ten episodes, I can honestly say that, next to ATHF, this is one of the oddest shows I have ever seen. Sometimes there is some real humor, but most of the time its just crude. The artwork and animation is terrible, but I guess that's intentional. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it, unless its to a strange friend who has nothing else better to do.
  • Aqua teen is funny but this isn't.

this may be one of the worst shows ever made. its just squids that are rednecks?! and they just shoot stuff and talk about something stupid and half the time i dont even know whats going on. the animation is lazy and so are the jokes and the overall show. ive seen three episodes and they all sucked its 15 minutes like most shows on adult swim and i dont ever see commercials for it i dont watch adult swim all that much but i dont see any commercials i dont know if the show is still running either way i dont know anyone that watches it.
  • I was a moron for liking this crap...

This show is godawful, not funny and racist. I hate Squidbillies so much!!! Come on Adult Swim, you can do better than this. You have great adult cartoons like Robot Chicken, Rick and Morty and Aqua Teen Hunger Force so why are you airing this load of bullcrap?!
  • My god,this is worse than 12. oz Mouse

You think this is good ?

Then you are ret-arded

This show is like drawn by me,director and writer can go to hell,and drink some wet sperm,and animators,only the poor people,they must doing this fack.
  • So completely Hilarious. Give it a shot!

Squidbillies is fantastically funny, full of funny things to say and hear, funny images and dialogue, this is great. If you love adult comedy, namely anything [adult swim], you will love Squidbillies. Completely original and well-done, give it a chance; if you know what comedy is, you won't be disappointed.
  • whats the point of a summary again?

This is one of the best and the worst shows i have ever watched!!! You feel kinda bad after laughing at some of the things on the show but then you forget about it and end up laughing all over again. And for all you people who dont get it, well let me tell you its not one of those shows that you're supposed to get. Its pointlessly funny. Like many other shows. That includes: Family Guy, American Dad, even kids shows like Spongebob are stupid. With that I conclude, Squidbillies is one that best shows in the whole adult swim lineup if not in the whole world.
  • Possibly one of the best shows out there!

Even though the animation isn't entirely professional, it's possibly one of the most artistic show on [adult swim]. These days, television isn't really based on animation, so we have to look at another point of view. I'm not a southerner, yet this is one of my favorite shows out there. It's a very funny show, normally having random events. Since it's created by the people of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the story plot is sort of the same, just with hillbilly squid paint. If you give it a chance, you'll see more emotion and the plot of the show. So, just give it a chance and you'll be amazed.
  • squidbillies is one of those shows that you see a comercial for or pass while flipping channels that either disgusts you or dosnt realy peak your intrest. but as you scratch the surface, you find a syterical comedy on par with southpark.

at first glance, everything about squidbillies seems below par. far below infact. the art, the voices and the jokes all apear cheap and hastily concocted. but as one delves into the depths of tbe squidbillie world you will find it as intricate in detail as any sitcom.

while most of the steriotypical jokes are often poor or far off from fact, as in any topical comedy, the storys and characters often end up leaving a deep feeling of resonance as they strugle with real if not exagerated problems.

not all episodes are gold and not all of the jokes there in worth while. but each episode i have watched has offered at least a single diamond of comedy or even a spec of philosophicle insight.

while adult swim continues its downword spiral in a asinine attempt to forge new comedy ground while simultaniously keeping the old gaurd of "midnight runners", "what a cartoon cartooners" and even canadian lovers happy... its nice to see that shows like squidbillies and moral orel actualy get off the ground. if quality shows like those keep soaring, space ghost might finaly stop rolling in his grave.

long live zorak!
  • This show is deliciously weird. I love it's complete disregard for sanity and plot-line. This is not for everyone.

I must admit that the first time I watched this show I wasn't very impressed especially with the animation but once I put that aside I began to enjoy it.
    The characters are just so crazy! The story is off the wall and the show defys all the laws of story-telling. It constently chooses to leave the plot completely and start a new one. Not everything is comprehensable and that's why I liked it.
    It is unapologetically random. The music is intentionably laughable. I absolutely love the main character. This is the first time I can say I love a talking hill-billy squid. His bursts of anger and violence are so Funny. The cop is also hilarious. Oh! How could I forget about the grandma. She is absolutely hilarious. One of the best things about this show is it's characters
    This is a show that crosses the line. Then it goes back, crosses it again and almost to spite your expectations repeats and rinses.
  • Same hillbilly steretypes, different squids.

6.2
    Now here\'s where they lose me, at this point in the evening, I just can\'t enjoy this or 12 oz. mouse al much as all the other shows. The animation is cruder and the plots are looser. In a mountain town in North Georgia, squid Early Cuyler lives with his sister Lil (who looks like a squid version of Hedwig and the Angry Inch), and illegitimate son Rusty. Other residents are a Sherriff who likes jazzercise, a giant snake and a guy named Dan Halen who looks a lot like a troll doll. Remember that Comedy Network show Kevin Spencer? It\'s alot like that, only their squids. They embody pretty much every hillbilly stereotype you can think of in a way that\'s not as endearing as My Name Is Earl or as funny as Cletus and Brandine on The Simpsons. Crude in more than one way.
  • Its like driving past a car accident.

6.2
    This series reminds me of a guy I work with and my next door neighbor and maybe thats the only reason I watch it, or maybe just because its on before 12 OZ MOUSE. SQUIDBILLIES is wrong on so many levels, the revolting 1000 pound woman with enormous folds of fat who lives on a mattress in a closed down trailer park who is the mother of an unholy union between her and a land squid named Early is the worst of it. Followed next by the mother of Early who hangs suspended from a walker - her tentacles remain 2 feet above ground so why does she have a walker? I dunno.

Most of the time when I record it I fly thru it in 5 minutes, pausing just long enough to figure out what the story is.

On 2nd thought Ill have to cut the rating to 4 after thinking about it.
  • It's not bad.

Yes, yes, a typical hillbilly show, expect there not humans, but squids. I like the random humor of the show. It's so friggin stupid that's it's actually almost good. However, the show lacks good storylines. also, it lacks character developement, even in terms of the main characters. I also like the animation of the show. It sure does beat mess like Assy Mcgee and 12 oz. Mouse. However, all of adult swim's pilots lack good storylines, which is why they don't last very long. None the less, this is likely the only decent pilot they have now besides Robot Chicken. I would of gave it a lower score, but the random humor is so stupid tat's is amazing.
  • Its a laugh at your own poor judgement and lack of character, but dont worry nobodys gonna notice, afterall its only comedy.

5.6
    How do you describe a masterpiece? using words like perfection, brilliant and fantastic. But that has absolutely nothing to do with what Im about to say about Squidbillies. Ok ehm umm this show is like a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bag of pork rinds, you know you shouldnt consume but you do so irregretably when your angry..and desperate..and alone. Squidbillies, is a random fusion of squids and hillbillies in case some of you couldn't have guessed that, in which case I pity you. Well anyway, this shows about Family values, patriotism, hard honest work, and so much more Bull..I mean Bologina, no actualy its about making fun of all those and poking jokes at minorites, handicap,and the lot. Watching this show youd expect the main character Early to just pop out of the TV set grab your throat and say "what you starin at boy?"
    So do take his advice and look away, then when hes gone get right back to staring until your eyeballs bleed. Don't worry about gettin a job or anything productive like that, just plop down and enjoy the obscene, outrageously offensive, perverse and insanely violent nature of Squidbillies. Yes Sir, thats what God and mother earth intened.
  • Average

In the class of off-the-wall comedies like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, this show really doesn't enhance it's genre. It's just more of the same in a different setting. It could turn out to be a good show in another season if they let it grow, but I doubt it.

• Please somebody tell me what the $*#% am I watching?

Normally, I give a show three chances to impress me, but after seeing only one episode of Squidbillies, I couldn't handle another episode. The show has no plot, no story, and absolutely no comedy in it. The artwork is terrible to look at, colors are washed out, and everyone looks so poorly drawn. The animation leaves a whole lot be desired, its choppy and its confusing to tell what's going on a lot of the time and it seems very stiff. The humor is nonexistent in this show, there is not to be a single laugh, chuckle, or even a snicker to be found in this show at all. All the episodes seem to rely instead is rants about certain things that contribute nothing to the episode and it makes the audience try to laugh at it but it's so stupid and unfunny. The episodes themselves are just flat out confusing, it starts with a single plot point but then in 2 minutes, 50 more appear and the show becomes a jumbles mess filled with plot points that are never resolved. There is absolutely no story at all in each episode and it seems like I am watching a bunch of rejected jokes. I truly can't believe a show like this exists, it has no plot, the stories are all over the place and makes no sense, plot points are introduced and forgotten, it has bad artwork, there is no humor, it just no appeal. I urge everyone to stay far away from this ugly mess of a show.
  • Just terrible....

Squidbillies, where do I begin? This show is just insanely awful. I think I'll begin with the characters. The characters are boring and unfunny, much like this entire show. Unless you are a hard core hill-Billy, you can not connect to the characters at all! They are stupid, uneducated, and unfunny! Let's move on to the episodes. I have only seen a few episodes and they were terrible. They were plain and very boring. They were also unoriginal. I can't help but feel that my cat could write better episodes, hell - my cat could create a better series! Now to my last factor, the plot of the show. A television show that revolves around the lives of ignorant hill-Billy squids just sounds stupid. And hey guess what?, IT IS!!! Squid hill-Billys has got to be the worst idea for a show since TV Funhouse (the comedy central tv show, not the SNL skits - those were actually okay). Squidbillies will go down in the TV hall of shame alongside the likes of Jersey Shore and Flavor Of Love! That is why I have rated it a ONE!
  • @%#^%^*%#$!!!!

This show is not even funny at all and to make matters worse, it is on late at night when the majority of people are sleeping. I would rather sleep. It completely reminds me of ATHF with all the crude humor involved. Please do not watch this and watch Family Guy!!!

It is not worth staying up and drinking Red Bull to watch this.
  • Can't get enough!

Always good for a laugh at the end of a long day. It keeps me saying "Oh No They Didn't!". Genetically altered deep fried living chickens oozing blue cheese...Where it comes from I have no idea, but I can't get enough. I'm always waiting to hear more sexual filth from granny or what Early's hat is going to say next. There's some thing about a a old squid granny in leather that has to make you smile. I swear I have seen Krystal at walmart before or maybe it was the circle K. What ever the reason is I keep coming back for more.
  • Squidbillies is the kind of cartoon show that you can relate to Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I think it is fuinnier than ATHF. The humour in Squid Billies is hilarious. It makes it even more funny when you know people that are "Rednecks" I really do enjoy this

Squidbillies is the kind of cartoon show that you can relate to Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I think it is fuinnier than ATHF. The humour in Squid Billies is hilarious. It makes it even more funny when you know people that are \"Rednecks\" So if you get a kick out of if you are a southerner. Early and his son Rusty and Early's sister Lil, are a bunch of squids living in the Gorgia mountains. In a episode Rusty got hurt in a "Cock Fight" so Early had to homeschool him and that was some funny sh*t. I recomend this show to anyone that watches Adult Swim
  • A family of inbred squids that tear ass out of all of north Georgia.

This show is about a family of squids who are rednecks. This show may not have good animation, but neither does 12 Oz. Mouse, Stroker & Hoop, Perfect Hair Forever, and Tom Goes To The Mayor, but it is funny as heck. This show was written by the same people that wrote The Brak Show, Aqua Teen, Space Ghost:C2C, ect. The patriach of the squid clan, Early spent 15 years in jail, has a short temper, hates white people, and is quite the drinker. His illegitimate son, Rusty, was raised by wolves and is now being raised by his aunt and his father. For the most part, he misses the wolves. Granny is both a voice of wisdom & confusion, mainly confusion, and she refuses to die. The aunt, Lil, cares for her nephew when she isn't making meth. Sheriff is the crappiest sheriff in all of Georgia. Believe me, I live in Georgia. He thinks he is Rusty's father. Rusty's mother is fat and sleep's with anybody. That is America's favorite family in a nutshell.
< 1 2 3