Squidbillies

Weekdays 12:00 AM on Adult Swim Premiered Oct 15, 2005 Between Seasons

Lazy_TV_fan

Squidbillies Fan Reviews (58)

• I love Early Cuyler

This show is very funny. I love the words Early makes up all the time. My favorite episode was the one when Early got a long tattoo 'Krystal For Ever'... Classic Early Cuyler.
  • This show is odd

This show really confuses me. After watching about ten episodes, I can honestly say that, next to ATHF, this is one of the oddest shows I have ever seen. Sometimes there is some real humor, but most of the time its just crude. The artwork and animation is terrible, but I guess that's intentional. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it, unless its to a strange friend who has nothing else better to do.
  • Hilarious!

A satirical depiction of southern conservatives, certainly accurate. Yeah, the animation is (purposely) imperfect and the plot is _contradictory and I am sure that this is intentional. The musical selection which accompanies squidbillies is awesome. I guess that some people just solidly prefer mediocre s*** and it is all good! I just love the show! :-) :-)

• One of the funniest shows I have ever seen

If you're a real arrogant prissy person who prefers the simpsons, this may not be for you. If you demand a bit more crudeness, this is the show for you. The hilarity never stops. My two particular favorite experiences of the show are the voices of Unknown Hinson as Earlie Cuyler and Dana Snyder (Master Shake) as Granny Cuyler. The sound of their voices alone crack me up. But the over the top southern redneck stereotype gags are what really send the show out of control. The animation isn't the best, but its a show that relies on its vocal talent and writing rather than its artwork, much like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Highly quotable. I'll always be watching as long as they keep puttin em out.
  • Please somebody tell me what the $*#% am I watching?

Normally, I give a show three chances to impress me, but after seeing only one episode of Squidbillies, I couldn't handle another episode. The show has no plot, no story, and absolutely no comedy in it. The artwork is terrible to look at, colors are washed out, and everyone looks so poorly drawn. The animation leaves a whole lot be desired, its choppy and its confusing to tell what's going on a lot of the time and it seems very stiff. The humor is nonexistent in this show, there is not to be a single laugh, chuckle, or even a snicker to be found in this show at all. All the episodes seem to rely instead is rants about certain things that contribute nothing to the episode and it makes the audience try to laugh at it but it's so stupid and unfunny. The episodes themselves are just flat out confusing, it starts with a single plot point but then in 2 minutes, 50 more appear and the show becomes a jumbles mess filled with plot points that are never resolved. There is absolutely no story at all in each episode and it seems like I am watching a bunch of rejected jokes. I truly can't believe a show like this exists, it has no plot, the stories are all over the place and makes no sense, plot points are introduced and forgotten, it has bad artwork, there is no humor, it just no appeal. I urge everyone to stay far away from this ugly mess of a show.
  • OMG, why is this show so hated?

Seriously this show keeps getting 1s and 1.5s but I'm seeing The Oblongs getting 9s and 10s? Seriously people think that show is better than this show, heh whatever! You guys are stupid for liking that Simpsons ripoff, I didn't even find that show funny one bit! As for this show, it's not laugh out loud funny but better than it's reputation.
  • this is pretty funny but......eh

The thing about this show is that it comes with a catch, it is really funny but the artwork is horrible. I mean just take a look at the sherif, my dog can draw better than that. This show isn't bad its just that the artwork is bad and i cant really understand what's going on. There is so much clutter from the mediocre artwork i cant really tell what is happening. I like this show butt i cant give it a score higher than a 7.5, it doesn't deserve it.
  • Apparently BradleyJones needs his art spoon fed to him!

BradleyJones, I seriously doubt you or your talented dog could design, draw, or animate anything close to the artwork you're trashing. Have you ever heard of Folk Art? Ben Prisk is a well known and respected artist who gets paid for his artwork. How many pieces of art has your dog sold?
  • Two wrong things don't make one good

This series mixes the comedy of a psyco with the drawing of a little kid. It's as bad as 12 oz. mouse.
  • Squidbillies

This is one of the best shows that revolves around the subject of the rural south. It has probably the best portrait of the rural south I've ever seen. It is so twisted and mean-spirited, you can't just help but laugh. The characters are so three-dimensional, that they are probably more realistic than the Dukes of Hazard.
  • Without a doubt the WORST show I have ever seen!!

0.5
    This is so bad, I can't even think of how to begin to describe how awful this show is, but I will try. I have only seen about two or three episodes, or maybe four and I don't know how I lived through it. If you have never seen it, just do yourself a favor and never ever watch it because you will regret it for the rest of your life if you even watch more than 1 minute of this crap. The show is not really about anything, just squid-like creatures doing stupid stuff. This is so bad it makes adult men cry. I wish I could rate it 0.0 (or negative infinity), but the rating bar won't let me go below 0.5. So that's all I have to say because I think I'm going to be sick if I think about this show any longer. Just avoid Squidbillies forever.
  • My favorite show on [adult swim].

This is a fantastic show. The background art is absolutely breathtaking. The animations are smoother than most of the shows on [adult swim]. I love the voice actors; who could be better than Unknown Hinson and Dana Snyder? Okay, maybe sometimes you can't understand grandma...Most people probably sees this show and thinks it's nothing but crashing into things. Not exactly it. This is the most artistic show on [adult swim], so it has pretty much everything! The music is awesome, the story plot is funny and random, it has everything a show needs to succeed. How could people hate this show? It's comedy, of course. It's hard to do comedy, so not everyone could understand it. I'm not southerner, so I might not be the best fan, but I still love this show!
  • Can't get enough!

Always good for a laugh at the end of a long day. It keeps me saying "Oh No They Didn't!". Genetically altered deep fried living chickens oozing blue cheese...Where it comes from I have no idea, but I can't get enough. I'm always waiting to hear more sexual filth from granny or what Early's hat is going to say next. There's some thing about a a old squid granny in leather that has to make you smile. I swear I have seen Krystal at walmart before or maybe it was the circle K. What ever the reason is I keep coming back for more.
  • The southern humor in squidbillies can only truely be understood by someone with a southern sense of humor or anyone with an open mind. I find it extremely funny and I am also an educated individual who happens to be from the south.

The southern humor in squidbillies can only truely be understood by someone with a southern sense of humor or anyone with an open mind. I find it extremely funny and I am also an educated individual who happens to be from the south. And I think the people with an ethnocentric attitude judge it without seeing it for what it really is. It is simply humor playing on human nature. Whoooo! and dont touch the trim :D

• Aqua teen is funny but this isn't.

this may be one of the worst shows ever made. its just squids that are rednecks?! and they just shoot stuff and talk about something stupid and half the time i dont even know whats going on. the animation is lazy and so are the jokes and the overall show. ive seen three episodes and they all sucked its 15 minutes like most shows on adult swim and i dont ever see commercials for it i dont watch adult swim all that much but i dont see any commercials i dont know if the show is still running either way i dont know anyone that watches it.
  • Just terrible....

Squidbillies, where do I begin? This show is just insanely awful. I think I'll begin with the characters. The characters are boring and unfunny, much like this entire show. Unless you are a hard core hill-Billy, you can not connect to the characters at all! They are stupid, uneducated, and unfunny! Let's move on to the episodes. I have only seen a few episodes and they were terrible. They were plain and very boring. They were also unoriginal. I can't help but feel that my cat could write better episodes, hell - my cat could create a better series! Now to my last factor, the plot of the show. A television show that revolves around the lives of ignorant hill-Billy squids just sounds stupid. And hey guess what?, IT IS!!! Squid hill-Billys has got to be the worst idea for a show since TV Funhouse (the comedy central tv show, not the SNL skits - those were actually okay). Squidbillies will go down in the TV hall of shame alongside the likes of Jersey Shore and Flavor Of Love! That is why I have rated it a ONE!
  • squidbillies is one of those shows that you see a comercial for or pass while flipping channels that either disgusts you or dosnt realy peak your intrest. but as you scratch the surface, you find a syterical comedy on par with southpark.

at first glance, everything about squidbillies seems below par. far below infact. the art, the voices and the jokes all apear cheap and hastily concocted. but as one delves into the depths of tbe squidbillie world you will find it as intricate in detail as any sitcom.

while most of the steriotypical jokes are often poor or far off from fact, as in any topical comedy, the storys and characters often end up leaving a deep feeling of resonance as they strugle with real if not exagerated problems.

not all episodes are gold and not all of the jokes there in worth while. but each episode i have watched has offered at least a single diamond of comedy or even a spec of philosophicle insight.

while adult swim continues its downword spiral in a asinine attempt to forge new comedy ground while simultaniously keeping the old gaurd of "midnight runners", "what a cartoon cartooners" and even canadian lovers happy... its nice to see that shows like squidbillies and moral orel actualy get off the ground. if quality shows like those keep soaring, space ghost might finaly stop rolling in his grave.

long live zorak!
  • not worth the cable bill.

0.0
    Adult-swim/Williams Street is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel with crap like this. Crude humor, horrible animation, earbleed-inducing voices, dimestore plot and stories, it just plain sucks. Do yourself a favor, skip this, along with that \"12 oz Mouse\" crap. Just wait 15 minutes for something else to come on.
  • Squid + Hillbilly = wasted 15 minutes of your life...

1.1
    After forcing myself to watch two episode, this is easily the second worst idea Williams Street has had (12 oz. Mouse being the first).

The writers/animators at Comedy Central could have done a better job with this idea... even FOX could have done better, but the concept is bad from the start.
  • A cartoon that uses hillbilly and redneck stereotypes for a show.

0.6
    This show is pretty damn horrible, I've been
    a fan of Cn shows but this one is like one
    user said the bottom of the barrel. There
    is really no incentive to watch this. The
    animation is cheap, the characters are
    unlikable and the show's quick gimmick
    of southern stereotypes gets old very quickly.

If you want a better toon watch the Boondocks,
    Venture Bros of AQHF.
  • This show is horrible!

2.9
    Okay, I'm from the south, and we don't act like these stupid squids do! All of the jokes are not funny to me. Some of it is just gross! The plot is uninteresting, just some squids acting stupid in the south. The characters(can't remember all of their names because I haven't seen the show in a while) are not good either. I'm sorry if my review makes people that like this show mad, it's just my opinion. Watch Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, or anything else other than this. You will waste 15 minutes of your life watching this. Bad plot, characters, and jokes.
    2.9/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • @%#^%^*%#$!!!!

This show is not even funny at all and to make matters worse, it is on late at night when the majority of people are sleeping. I would rather sleep. It completely reminds me of ATHF with all the crude humor involved. Please do not watch this and watch Family Guy!!!

It is not worth staying up and drinking Red Bull to watch this.
  • A huge dissapointment

I respect everything the William Street people are doing. Having programs with off-kilter humor and showcasing great adult cartoons that don't have to be Southpark or Drawn Together (Filled with unnecessary amount of unfunny profanity). So when I heard they were coming out with two new original shows 12 oz. Mouse and Squidbillies I was completely stoked. Then I saw them.

To start off Squidbillies and 12 oz are just not funny at all. They are way to weird (Not cool weird) that it's just like they were trying to hard. That is a perfect way to sum this show up trying WAY to hard to be funny. It just doesn't work although with ATHF which is sort of the same brand of humor but it actually works. ATHF has good characters an actual humor.

So overall these shows are just trying to hard and it was a big let down. William Street I expect so much more with shows like Home Movies, ATHF, and Harvey Birdman you can do obscure humor. Squidbillies and 12 oz Mouse are just big bombs of a show I'm sorry.
  • This show is deliciously weird. I love it's complete disregard for sanity and plot-line. This is not for everyone.

I must admit that the first time I watched this show I wasn't very impressed especially with the animation but once I put that aside I began to enjoy it.
    The characters are just so crazy! The story is off the wall and the show defys all the laws of story-telling. It constently chooses to leave the plot completely and start a new one. Not everything is comprehensable and that's why I liked it.
    It is unapologetically random. The music is intentionably laughable. I absolutely love the main character. This is the first time I can say I love a talking hill-billy squid. His bursts of anger and violence are so Funny. The cop is also hilarious. Oh! How could I forget about the grandma. She is absolutely hilarious. One of the best things about this show is it's characters
    This is a show that crosses the line. Then it goes back, crosses it again and almost to spite your expectations repeats and rinses.
  • Wait..What?

3.9
    What on earth is this? This isn't a show, its random compilation of redneck sterotypes and stupid jokes, complete with the fact that it doesn't really even make sense. I mean, I'm sure this was simply a last minute idea, that someone didn't expect to even make it to prime time, but somehow it did, and the result is a show that is now on primetime and does not deserve its timeslot. Hey, its the Beverly Hillbilles with squids that somehow got stranded on DRY land, which could not happen. I know this is a cartoon, but still, its pointless. There are better things you could be watching.
  • Rednek squids?

What I hate about this show, is the fact that it does not make any sense. Racist, rednek, crappily drawn squids are the main characters. They live in a human's world on land with no water and live. And to top that off none of the human characters don't find that odd. Why did we get a second season?
  • Why would Adult Swim use squids for a show?

1.3
    I really don't like this show. I mean, it's just a pathetic show about redneck squids! 'Squidbillies' has got to be one of the dumbest shows that Adult Swim has come up with, I mean REALLY!!! I don't even know why someone would watch this! If you want to watch something on Adult Swim, watch 'FullMetal Alchemist'. I am warning you, do not watch this! I don't care if more than 5,000 users disagree with my review.
  • its terrible

this show just sucks its just people getting shot and explosions. the plot to it is just stupied sqids are rednecks and they just blow $h!t up it will make you brain dead aqua teen is atleast good this is just stupied. i dont know what is wrong with these people giving this show a ten its pathetic. the people that like this show probably have adhd and they have to see explosions and guns every second. i tried watching this one episode i couldnt even watch it through till the end. so thats my review for this crappy show.
  • it isnt very good

Squidbillies is about a bunch of redneck squids who live in the applachain mountains the is a father a son a grandma and another 1 i odnt rememberw ho she is. There is also a sheriff. They go around doing stupid redneck things trying to be funny but rarely suceeding. The animaiton is one of the worst I have ever seen besides home movies and 12 oz. mouse. If the animation was better the show would be a little better. The only really funny part was the patrick swayze epsiode when rusty was dancing on him. I have watched this show like 12 times it reminds me of athf.I wouldnt really care if it got cancelled.
  • A poorly drawn cartoon about hillbillies... in the form of squids

2.4
    This show has a bad background. All the characters seem to be able to randomly die, it's not funny anymore. It was good with Kenny (south park). The jokes aren't funny, it's just proving how retarded they are and we're supposed to enjoy that? The art is equally horrible. Doesn't give much to want to watch, I could enjoy/dislike it just as well without watching and just listening to it while I do other things, there's nothing there in terms of visual. The characters are also random to a degree where it's got funny lines like my favorite quote from this
    "But I want one of those tiny babies... you know... the kind that I can cuddle and hug and leave in the backseat of a hot car as I go play Video Poker". As entertaining as that one was, it's not enough to have one laugh every few disturbing episodes to make up for it.