Squirrel Boy

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Squirrel Boy Fan Reviews (108)

5.2
  • Underappreciated Show

This show is obviously underappreciated. Everyone here seems to hate it but I dont and some people just dont have good taste! Even so I thought the show is good featuring Invader Zim's Richard Steven Horvitz and King of the Hill's Pamela Adlon both very talented Voice Actors! Richard Steven has also done the voices of Billy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Dagget from Angry Beavers. It makes me Laugh such as Rodney... Especially Rodney why... because hes an Idiot (not as much as Billy). But the show has made me laugh on the very first episode. Plus ive heard of Duck Man which was also created by the Same Guy so you would think if you like Duck Man you would like Squirrel Boy!
  • Oh come on this show rocks how can any one hate it.

Why do people have to hate this show it is one of Cartoon Network's Great Show no when you see this show you will no how good the show is.

People how could you hate this show its wrong you guys that hate have no taste in humor this show makes me laugh i've whatched every episode and they were great and i'm up set that they will cancel the show i don't think they are making any new episodes.

So really i love this show and i'll keep watching this show and i know they won't stop making shows i know it.
  • Good show. But, this show needs a better title

So. I like this show. It's waaaaaaay better than Out of Jimmy's head (Even though I like it). I see nothing wrong with this. It's not bad at all. And, when I get an I-pod. I'm downloading an episode. This was my favorite show and, I could'nt wait for Fridays to come! Anyways, this show isn't bad and, CN needs to show it more! You hear that CN? Nothing wrong. So don't say anything to me! Okay? >:( Nothing wrong. And, I'll watch this whenever this is on. So the big finish. No bad. Okay. This is one of my favorites.
  • Just saw "Flatbottoms Up" what a great episode. Loved the "Shuffiling Fish" song. It's great to see a show that allows Richard Horvitz to really showcase his broad range of vocal abilities, he gets a chance to do almost evrything in this show.

It's nice to see a show that raises a little controversy! The other day CN ran a block of Squirrelboy and I was able to watch several in a row. That was the first time I was able to see a group of shows together. I was impressed with how varied and unique each episode was, I didn't get tired of seeing them. Several other things struck me about the show as well. It's very well crafted, they are really putting a lot of care and detail into every aspect of this show. The design is really great, the direction is flawless and the color and animation is fantastic. In an era when so many shows borrow from the UPA style of animation It's really nice to see a show pay tribute to the classic era. Also nice to see a show where the characters and stories have a full emotional range, it makes for really strong story telling. Finally I think this show has a perfect balance between edgy silly humor and a real sincerity. Very cool.
  • I Like This Show!

This Show Is About A 10-YearOld Boy Named "Andy" And His Best Buddy Squirrel"Rodney".Each Episode Is An Adventure.
    Rodney Has A Chum Buddy "Leon"He Lives In A Tree Behind The Johnson,s House.Rodney Is In Love With A Cute Little Squirrel."Darlene".Andy Has A Bully Named "Kyle".With His Buddy"Salty Mike".And Andy Has A Human Friend Named "Oscar"He Has To Be Safe Alot.
  • Squirrel Boy!!!!

This show is the most underappreciated show I've ever seen. I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews. The animation is great, the characters are funny, the episodes are fun to watch and it has everything a great cartoon needs!
    This show is about a squirrel, a talking squirrel who lives with the Johnssons, three ordinary people who happen to have a talking squirrel in their house! It's new and original and not boring. The episodes are filled with fun adventures and teh characters are very friendly. I think that people should just give it a chance.
  • To paraphrase a hit movie: I Heart "Squirrel Boy!" :idea:

One thing this cartoon is good for is evoking memories of a more care-free time. A time when Hanna-Barbara cartoons reigned supreme with ideals of innocence and a general happy-go-lucky attitudes. So it's quite fitting the hit network founded by Hanna-Barbara would one day produce such a warm, loving, classic rendition of a cartoon show evoking Hanna-Barbara's humble origins as a low budget production company & doing it with 21st century technology. There are clearly defined good guys & bad guys to be sure, but for what it's worth this show is really devoid of genuine malice and nastiness. Instead this show focuses on a really ideal picture of a child-hood life. I don't know of anybody who hasn't wished that they could have a talking animal for a best friend & get in all sorts of interesting adventures for the both of them! Hanna and Barbara may be gone, but their spirits live on in all the great cartoons that are produced by Cartoon Network. This is one of those great cartoons. Enough said, true believers! :D
  • horrible

Squirrel Boy tells the tale of a boy named Andy and his best friend and pet squirrel Rodney who is constantly filled with many ideas and seems to know everything. Also known as "partners in crime," Andy and his friend Rodney are always involved in different adventures, and the adventures they embark on in Andy’s yard and around the neighborhood. i think that instead of a squrrel he should have got a chipmunk or in stead of a chipmunk he should get a african bull frog that would be nice i hope they take my idea i hope i hope
  • I like this show.

Squirrel Boy is a show about a kid named Andy and his best friend and pet Rodney. They do all sorts of whacky things. I liked the pilot a lot. Line in the Sandwich was about Andy and Rodney making money off of sandwichs to get enough to buy a Fobject. Rodney annoys Andy because he thinks that his hat sells the sandwichs. In the end, they both give up what they believed sold the sandwichs and became friends again. Tree for Two was about Rodney denting Andy's rocket. It gets stuck in a tree and Rodney has to get it down before Andy's dad finds out. After many attempts, Andy's dad get is down and when Rodney comes down, it takes off again and Rodney gets stuck in the tree. I know this show will last. It is so hilarious.
  • How can anyone hate this show?!!!

I mean seriously, how can anyone hate this show? I actually like this show! I can't see any thing wrong with this cartoon! I loved this show from the beginning. My favorite character in this very good cartoon would have to be between Andy's dad and Rodney. Andy's dad is one of my favorites because I think that is so funny about how he hates Rodney! I remember one episode when Rodney was stuck in the wall and he thought that he was gone and started to have a party. Rodney was one of my favorites because he is just so funny and cute! I really don't find anything wrong with this show!
  • About a boy and his pet squirrel

From the creator of Duckman, one of the classics on Comedy Central, creates a new show on Cartoon Network called Squirrel Boy, which is suited for children I think ages 5-12, although it might be considered a trendsetter for people over 12. The story begins when Andy wants a pet, so he chooses a squirrel whom he called Rodney. There are other characters including Salty Mike, who is my fav. So far I like this show, and I know it will be one of the greatest show in the history of CN (for the kids of course)
  • Kool

squirrel boy must be pretty hated but i don't know why, the show is pretty interesting and sometimes funny but it keeps me watching for more than 10 minutes! probably because the animation style reminds me of duckman... i've only seen about one or two episodes of it and so far i was impressed especially for a new show (cause most new shows are just commercial and not pure... if you know what i mean) the dialogue, well i don't remember much but my captions kept going on and on so i guess it has good scripting, and the animation itself isn't lazy so.... its cool
  • Getting Back To Basics

I loved seeing classic looking animation with traditional sight gags and one liners. I think this style is a dying art form and I was very glad to see it back. It may not be entertaining for people 20 years old or older, but aren't cartoons supposed to be for kids?
  • Love this show!!!

This show is so funny! It's about a 9-year-old boy named Andy and his squirrel pet, Rodney. They have a lot of funny adventures together, too. The only character I hate in this show is that Kyle Finkster. What a jerk! He picks on Andy and Rodney all the time, so does HIS pet parrot, Salty Mike. But, I like Salty Mike okay, eventhough, his name is funny to me. I like all the other characters except Kyle. So to me, I like this show. I also disagree with any other users' reviews who think that this show is boring, lame, and stupid.
  • Good show

I actually like this cartoon it is way better than My Gym Partners A Monkey. The show is not funny but it doesn't have to be at least it doesn't have to butt jokes like My Gym Partners A Monkey. The animation is okay the characters are likeable 8/10
  • What's wrong with it?

I don't understand why anyone would hate this show. It may not have the same animation as Spongebob. It may not have the same humor as Spongebob. (I use Spongebob because it's the mainstream)
    Why does that matter? The creators took the original direction rather than copy whatever is popular. If there was no originality there would be no progress.
    Just watch one episode with an unbiased mind and you may just find a great show. Everyone who hates this show for no good reason needs to shut up. One guy said he watched 'a few minutes or so'. That's not enough time to appreciate anything.
    I think it is a hilarious show that doesn't need constant fart jokes and nonsense phrases to get a laugh. If you can't laugh without those things then I'm embarrassed for you. Try to expand your humor. Give this show a chance, please.
  • I mean really , when compared to My Gym Partner's A Monkey , at least this show has better opprunities then of the other. And that got a big fat zero out of ten in the score!

From the creator of DuckMan , comes a show following the adventures of a Squirrel named Rodney , and a boy named Andy. Yes , it's the same thing as perhaps most , but it's underrated too much. Yet , this show will be getting the boot sooner or later. Where that also leads to no proof of a cancellation of the show. If I were to actually meet a person who hates Squirrel Boy , but loves My Gym Partner's A Monkey , then he/she should wake up with coffee , because Squirrel Boy is not like the other show. As stated , this show is at least watchable , and okay to watch. TV.com Rating : 8.5 out of 10.0
  • A boy named Andy goes on adventures with his pet squirrel, Rodney.

I don't understand why people hate this show. This show is pretty decent. Though it tries a bit too hard to be funny but certain parts do make me laugh. When I first heard about this show I didn't think much of it but after watching some episodes tonight I come to this conclusion. This is why I am rating this show an 8.2
  • Not that bad of a show, actually...

7.9
    This show is strangely amusing...While the Title, Plots, and Animation may not sound all that interesting, its actually quite a good new Cartoon on Cartoon Network! However, it still needs alot more improvement...It needs to thicken its plots out more and it needs better character developement. But, since the Show has just started, I won't expect too much out of it (Since shows usually get better, from when they first started). Anyways, Squirrel Boy is a pretty good Show, so give it chance and you'll know what I mean. Its better than other shows on Cartoon Network, thats for sure.
  • It's okay for a cartoon.

7.9
    A boy and his squirrel... it's not as bad as everyone thinks. Sure, there are lots of better shows on Cartoon Network and other networks alike, it has some decency. After all, not everything is gonna appeal to everyone, right? Maybe it'll get better.

I can't really think of anything else to say, but it's about a Squirrel name Rodney and his human friend Andy who have have fun together with each other.
  • For god sakes, this was from the creator of Duckman!

People, you know this is from the same guy who did Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man. And this show was in part of my childhood.
  • Boy, I used to watch this show, but I totally missed this episode! I wanna see it! Please!

Yeah? And you ask why, huh? Well, I'll tell you why! This show is very funny at times and sometimes, you need to kick back with a funny cartoon. Why not watch Squirrel Boy!? It's a witty show that should have lasted longer than it did. And yes, there are a few shows that did not last for some reason. This was one of those shows I liked that got canceled. And now, I might not get to see this episode. If it ever comes out on DVD, I am buying it soon. If I can somehow watch this episode online, then I most certainly will, Brad! Brilliant show, Watson!

By the way, Moose rocks!
  • it kind of reminds me of the old cartoonnetwork shows

this show has the old kinda cartoon planet feeling in it in the animatoin the stories and the whole show in paticular. I like how the voice of zim (invader zim) ddney im a fan of anything he does. the jokes are kinda lame but kind of funny but part of andy's face is missing and his glasses dont touch his face when he turns sideways and it look's weird some of the other characters are drawn not well either watch this is the kind of show where i wont watch it on purpose but when i do it is funny it is underapprecated and a rating of 5.7 is like whoa dang but overall i like it not bad but it should not be a staple of cartoonnetwork it should be a replacement untill they get a better show.
  • A weird looking show from the creator of Duckman.

7.4
    I saw the pilot episode and all I have to say is pretty good. I mean, it's better than all the other crap they have released this year (and don't forget last year). I could tell that this would be a pretty good show since most cartoons with Richard Horvitz doing a voice doesn't suck so bad. It's very strange that they had to show the preview earlier since the series won't be able to air as I've written this until many more days to come but still, I'm okay with that. Even though the animation is weird looking, I'm okay with that too. I hope the best for this soon to be CN cartoon.
  • Squirrel Boy

Im not going to lie because everyone is writing bad reviews about this show to tell the truth I loved it most of the episodes and the other animals it was kind've like micky mouse kind;ve by a bit But I liked it was about a squirrel who lived with his bestfriend a human and they go on cool adventures
  • Somehow I just can't see the horibleness of this show like the others are seeing...

Squirrel Boy is a boy with a pet Squirrel named Rodney by Andy, and now lives with Andy's family in the neighborhood! However different neighbors have different personalities and there is a whole gang of neighbors to get to know in this show! So that seems to be the starting storyline of this show! Basically, I think its a show that is fair, I agree that this is definitely not the best show and is a show with poor graphics. but the episodes with different plots involve some form of entertainment and is a show that I can actually sit through! I would just recommend, I'm not forcing at all, just recommend that at least watch this show once and see what it is like, because you may not find it as bad as you think like me! Well, I guess that is my opinion of this show, so I guess that wraps up my Squirrel boy Review, over and out! Wait one more thing is that I wonder what may happen in the future in this show and if they are gonna make any new episodes, ah well, no promises because I can see that a lot don't like this show! So again, I'd say that this show isn't the worst, and there's worse shows you can see that is lower that this! So now I guess that's it!
  • What the hell is a Squirrel Boy?

Hmm.What should I say about this show.Should I say how it is without a doubt one of the lamest concepts and names to air on CN for the past three years,no I take that back AmiYumi was worst than this.Its about a boy with a squirrel,pretty much it.Really I don't know this show's true fanbase.Being that today's cartoon watcher wants something like Fosters,but really this show is DULL.Its only saving grace is Richard Horvitz,who has made his entire VA career around characters like Rodney mind you.So really if they ever try to give Rodney to another VA the show will crumble faster than Paris when the cops got her.
  • Not to bad, but not great

First off, I'm not sure why everyone seems to hate this show. It's probably the best show that has premiered in quite a long time (it sure beats Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's a Monkey). I do chuckle a bit when watching this show. Though it's no Courage the Cowardly Dog, it does have some good moments. I'm glad Richard Horvitz voices Rodney. He's such a good voice actor who is really able to bring his characters to life. He really helps to make Rodney into a somewhat interesting character.

But like I said, the show isn't really great, either. It just seems to be to nice and friendly. The theme song is also kind of annoying and the music in general is something you would hear on a two year old's show. I also think that there is to much color, but this is only a very minor point. Of course, cartoons can't get away with much anymore with all the censorship now. I'm sure that many of the newer Cartoon Network shows would be better if they had less censorship. It's like that they don't allow for modern creators any artistic freedom anymore.

So anyways, before I get further off topic, I just want to say that this is a decent show. I'm sure it will get better with time. Hopefully it will continue.
  • Better than I expected, but not perfect.

To tell you the truth, I really couldn't see what people found really wrong with this show. Sure, it wasn't really great, but it wasn't abysmally boring. It was kinda funny. Don't complain about Squirrel Boy, which has it's moments, when there are other shows out there to complain about: Krypto the Superdog, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, and (maybe) Camp Lazlo are a few that are worse. Sure, Squirrel Boy's no Foster's, but when it comes to kicking off shows, this wouldn't be the first one. So, just please accept that it might be a little boring at times, and stuff may be wrong, but in the words of Rodney: "The hat sells the show."
  • It is okay so far....

I do not like the opening of Squirrel Boy it is dumb. All they do is call out "Rodney". It gets very annoying. And they also did this in "Hey Arnold!" when they called out Arnold's name the whole time. Both openings are really pointless.

Squirrel Boy isn't bad. I have watched it a few times and I have found nothing that I hate in it. But so far I haven't found anything that I like in it either. I don't think anything in that show has made me laugh really loud or anything yet, and I'm going to give this show a chance, because I don't hate it, and I probably won't change the channel whenever it comes on.
< 1 2 3 4