Squirrel Boy

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Squirrel Boy Fan Reviews (108)

5.2
  • A stupid title and an even stupid show.

4.5
    As if "My Gym Partner's A Monkey" isn't enough, another god awful cartoon has to show up in Cartoon Network of all network.

"Squirrel Boy", created by Peck Everett of Duckman fame, revolves around the adventures of ten yr old Adam Johnson and his pet Rodney J. Squirrel, and together, they get themselves in very odd situations that one would normally find in a cartoon show.

The show lacks humor to boost with, its pilot isn't impressive, the animation is horrendous and the general plot seems to be simply boring.

Like I said about "My Gym Partner's A Monkey", stay away from this show at all cost.
  • A weird looking show from the creator of Duckman.

7.4
    I saw the pilot episode and all I have to say is pretty good. I mean, it's better than all the other crap they have released this year (and don't forget last year). I could tell that this would be a pretty good show since most cartoons with Richard Horvitz doing a voice doesn't suck so bad. It's very strange that they had to show the preview earlier since the series won't be able to air as I've written this until many more days to come but still, I'm okay with that. Even though the animation is weird looking, I'm okay with that too. I hope the best for this soon to be CN cartoon.
  • Did anyone else happen to notice.

There used to be a short lived cartoon on called screwy squirrel. In this sneak peak episode of Squirrel Boy, the squirrel is wearing a Napoleon style hat...which is a complete rip off from screwy squirrel. >_< On a side note I do like the voice actors that they used. I
  • I like this show.

Squirrel Boy is a show about a kid named Andy and his best friend and pet Rodney. They do all sorts of whacky things. I liked the pilot a lot. Line in the Sandwich was about Andy and Rodney making money off of sandwichs to get enough to buy a Fobject. Rodney annoys Andy because he thinks that his hat sells the sandwichs. In the end, they both give up what they believed sold the sandwichs and became friends again. Tree for Two was about Rodney denting Andy's rocket. It gets stuck in a tree and Rodney has to get it down before Andy's dad finds out. After many attempts, Andy's dad get is down and when Rodney comes down, it takes off again and Rodney gets stuck in the tree. I know this show will last. It is so hilarious.
  • i hate this show so very very much

what has cartoonetwork come to this shows graphics, character, and plot stinks like moldy cheese it is so pitiful i can not find an adjective that expresses so much hate toward this whole show we expect more from cartoonnetwork then a cartoon about a squirrel and a boy,
    in conclusion this show is pitiful and i want this show taken off of the air.
  • Ok.Cartoon Network has been raveing about this for a long time.

Cartoon Network is going down hill fast!The only thing keeping it up is:
    [adult swim]
    Fosters
    Ben 10
    KND
    and tonami.
    From all the praising,it seemed like a good show.I was wrong.I only watched the first part and hated it!Horrible!
    This show needs to be canceled asap!The charicter style is drawn so bad that it makes Pokemon look good.The story line is stupid.(A pet squirl?!)I mean come on!A note to Cartoon Network.Please get better shows and quit cancelling all the good ones!!!
  • WHY? WHY CN? WHY? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?

You advertise a show everywhere, push it as far as you can, try to shove it in our faces and it\\\'s SUPPOSED to be good. This show is horrible. It\\\'s about the biggest piece of trash ever drawn. How can they still push it after seeing one episode. Noone wants to see this. I wish they would spend more energy on something funny like Foster\\\'s or even on returning Teen Titans or even producing Season Four of Xaiolin Showdown...

I think they tried to rip off Spongebob and create antics but this time of Rodney J. Squirrel (original name) and his boy owner. Come on CN, you can do better. By here, I\\\'ve changed the channel.

Anyway, the show is unfunny, unoriginal, insulting to my inteligence, a waste of presious tv time, and should be taken off the air.
  • It is okay so far....

I do not like the opening of Squirrel Boy it is dumb. All they do is call out "Rodney". It gets very annoying. And they also did this in "Hey Arnold!" when they called out Arnold's name the whole time. Both openings are really pointless.

Squirrel Boy isn't bad. I have watched it a few times and I have found nothing that I hate in it. But so far I haven't found anything that I like in it either. I don't think anything in that show has made me laugh really loud or anything yet, and I'm going to give this show a chance, because I don't hate it, and I probably won't change the channel whenever it comes on.
  • Cartoon Network: Please. Make the hurting stop!

I tried to be fair. I gave it an honest chance. I endured the pain of watching a whole episode. And my final conclusion?
    I honestly have not seen a show so downright flipping horrible since Cartoon Network aired "Dragon Hunters". Like I said, I always give new cartoons a chance before I judge by watching at least one whole episode of this show. It was actually PAINFUL to pay attention to.

First off, music wise, it makes you want to cut your ear off. And what's with the theme? It makes it sound like it's for three year olds!

Second, for the most part, I'm supportive of any animation style, no matter how odd it might be. But good god, this one really takes the cake. It's hard to look at. It's not even the drawings themselves, it's the coloring... everything's so bright, like my brother said, it's overexposed which makes it an eyesore.

Finally, the characters lack serious emotion. This makes it hard to connect to the situation and actually stir anything in the viewer.

Dare I even give this show a 2? It seems too high for it. The only reason I even venture to give it this score is because it made me chuckle a few times; but that's the limit of its humor.

I can't even continue to write a decent review about this... it just fails in every aspect of it's existance. Please, if you value your brains; don't watch squirrel boy. Cartoon Network, you're slipping. You need to listen to your fans and improve on the few good points of your channel, and maybe you can save yourselves. But "Squirrel Boy" fails to live up to the hype you gave it. Besides, didn't you already attempt this with "My Gym Partner's a Monkey"?
  • Cartoon Network, Stop cranking out these stupid shows!!!

I just watched the first episode. horrible. Here are the reasons this show stinks- 1- Unoriginality. In all the pet stores ive been in, not once has there been a squirrel. And this one, is a carbon copy of Bloo. Really, Andy and Rodney are just like Mac and Bloo. 2- Art. It's really weird, i mean the hands and feet are way to small compared to the characters' enormous heads. At least in KND its the other way around. Plus that eye indent doesnt look right. 3- age. i mean who remembers being 9? Really people remember being 8 and 10 more.
    Cartoon Network is really struggling. The only good shows that are still on in the day are:
    B&M Fosters Ben 10 Xiaolin Showdown.
    That and Toonami and adult swim
    Cartoon Network, please dont make cr*ppy copies of other good shows, as Squirrel Boy is somewhat a copy of Fosters Mac and Bloo. Just put some originality into your shows!!!
  • WTF? I thoght it was stupid the first time I saw it, and I was right! Read this!

1.6
    This show is stupid beyond reason. I mean first of all, who in thier right mind would buy a squirrel for a pet? The dad hates him so why buy him? Second, the music. From the sound of the music, it should be on Nick Jr. or Tickle U. They must like mental retardation or something. Third, the animation. Andy looks like a hot dog or tube. Their faces looks like one side of thier face got ran over and eaten. Overall, don\\\'t wacth it, or you\\\'ll be asking the same Q\\\'s.
  • horrible

Squirrel Boy tells the tale of a boy named Andy and his best friend and pet squirrel Rodney who is constantly filled with many ideas and seems to know everything. Also known as "partners in crime," Andy and his friend Rodney are always involved in different adventures, and the adventures they embark on in Andy’s yard and around the neighborhood. i think that instead of a squrrel he should have got a chipmunk or in stead of a chipmunk he should get a african bull frog that would be nice i hope they take my idea i hope i hope
  • I had to get eye surgery from watching the first 20 seconds of it.

You know whats better than this show? Dirt Boy. Thats right,30 minutes of watching dirt. And if thats not interesting to you than you haven\'t seen anything. Squrrel Boy is about, you guessed it, a squrrel and a boy. Frst of all everything looks like it got painted by a baby chicken. Second this has nothing to offer. It tries being the 1000 of things that its trying to be but is just the opposite. I thought I was going crazy when they replaced the Friday night 6:00 new with this. CN was well ahead of Disney and Nick but then it dropped like a rock. I think I\'d still rather watch Dirt Boy.
  • It's okay for a cartoon.

7.9
    A boy and his squirrel... it's not as bad as everyone thinks. Sure, there are lots of better shows on Cartoon Network and other networks alike, it has some decency. After all, not everything is gonna appeal to everyone, right? Maybe it'll get better.

I can't really think of anything else to say, but it's about a Squirrel name Rodney and his human friend Andy who have have fun together with each other.
  • Why this? Why not Duckman?

It's nice that Everett Peck has a new TV series, and it's OK and all, but all I can think of when I watch it (because it looks just like it!) is why can't they bring Duckman back? That show was great! They bring other shows back. Why not that one?
  • My eyes were bleeding when I watched the first few minutes of it. It's amazing I didn't cut off my ears when I heard the theme song.

OMG!! This show sucks. Why did CN have to air THIS??? This is the worst show ever! Lame title, lame art, lame theme song. It's a rip off!

There are too many things wrong with Squirrel Boy. First of all, the art. THE ART'S HORRID. It looks like it was drawn by a kindergartener sleeping while scribbling on a piece of paper. Their heads are way bigger than their bodies. I mean, come on! It's like everyone in Squirrel Boy is deformed with tiny arms or scrawny legs smaller than their palms or something. Moving on.

The theme song. Ugh....Don't even get me started. Rodney, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney. That's the whole theme song. It isn't something you can can dance to. It isn't something you can hum to. It's just Rodney. Lame, huh?

A boy and an squirrel having wacky adventures...Hmm....Doesn't that sound like... A RIP OFF!!! Gah! I hate it! My Gym Partner's a Monkey is about a boy and a monkey having wacky adventures too! It's also a horrid show!! The only difference is that it's a monkey, not a squirrel.

Well, I'm too tired to name all the weird things about Squirrel Boy, but, the main point of this review was, "Squirrel Boy Sucks." That is all. Thanx for reading!
  • I might not have cable, but I don't need it to judge this show!

1.1
    This show is pitiful. It has no plot, its boring and idiotic characters are introduced. Before my cable got cut off, I've seen the commercials of this on CN and I could tell this show was going to be lousy. I don't even have cable anymore, but thats all right because I don't have to worry about watching any of this! And besides, the way Cartoon Network is going now, I would expect stuff like this to air on that channel. (TIP: If you haven't watched My Gym Partner's a Monkey, watch it to see what I'm talking about.) The only good show on Cartoon Network right now is Ed, Edd n' Eddy which is one of Cartoon Network's most popular shows anyways. I know I don't have cable anymore, but CN is going downhill at top speed, and unless the shows that are on there now aren't cancelled and the old shows come back and regain their stolen places, Cartoon Network will cease to stay on TV. But if you want Cartoon Network to remain on television, cancel all shows like this and My Gym Partner's a Monkey and bring back all the classics that have wrongfully been replaced.
  • Awful, Just plain awful

1.2
    The entire show revolves around the squirrel. The squirrel is stupid to start with so the entire plot is pretty pointless. Not to mention the secondary characters in the show. Andy(the kid) is the most uncool, nerdy, and stupid secondary character I have ever seen. The father is the most disgusting, ugly looking character in the show, not to mention hes twice as dumb as Andy. The mother is hardly ever used in the show and the bully in the show is always getting stomped on by Andy. The whole thing is just plain terrible. And while it fails to keep interest, Cartoon Network is quickly losing viewers. Cartoon Network, Don\'t make any new TV shows unless they\'re good!!!!
  • About a boy and his pet squirrel

From the creator of Duckman, one of the classics on Comedy Central, creates a new show on Cartoon Network called Squirrel Boy, which is suited for children I think ages 5-12, although it might be considered a trendsetter for people over 12. The story begins when Andy wants a pet, so he chooses a squirrel whom he called Rodney. There are other characters including Salty Mike, who is my fav. So far I like this show, and I know it will be one of the greatest show in the history of CN (for the kids of course)
  • Better than I expected, but not perfect.

To tell you the truth, I really couldn't see what people found really wrong with this show. Sure, it wasn't really great, but it wasn't abysmally boring. It was kinda funny. Don't complain about Squirrel Boy, which has it's moments, when there are other shows out there to complain about: Krypto the Superdog, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, and (maybe) Camp Lazlo are a few that are worse. Sure, Squirrel Boy's no Foster's, but when it comes to kicking off shows, this wouldn't be the first one. So, just please accept that it might be a little boring at times, and stuff may be wrong, but in the words of Rodney: "The hat sells the show."
  • Getting Back To Basics

I loved seeing classic looking animation with traditional sight gags and one liners. I think this style is a dying art form and I was very glad to see it back. It may not be entertaining for people 20 years old or older, but aren't cartoons supposed to be for kids?
  • Don't watch it. If you are having insomneia then watch it. still Worst tv show ever.

Squirrel boy is about a boy and a pet squirrel. The writing is terrible "Look away! I'm Ghastly!".What the heck. Who ever thought of this show should bang his head on the wall for making this disappointment. What's worst then being stranded on a deserted island? I'll tell you what's worst than getting stranded on a deserted island. Watching a whole half hour of squirrel boy. I would rather watch Catscratch than this and I hate catscratch. Another pointless quote is: Andy- do you like cake, Parrot- this is a trick question no? How stupid can you get. I bet you in August of 2007 this show will be cancelled.
    Peace.
  • As Newgrounds would put it, this makes poop look good.

It's all about some loser kid and his "special" squirrel who's the loser of the family. What did the creator of Duckman do before he made this show? Ingest LSD? I can't believe I actually gave it a chance. I've never seen a kid so pathetic before. The parents obviously want to get rid of him if they send him to a camp where they believe that wallets can fend off wild bears. A pet squirrel? At least get a real pet, like a dog or something. Squirrels are not pets and shouldn't be made into one. This show proves that pretty soon, whether the kids like it or not, their parents will have to make them watch educational shows with all the idiocy on TV. Either that, or kids will have to retreat to video games and books.
  • It may be better than Atomic Betty, but it's still horrible.

I know the 2000s have been getting a lot of unoriginal shows but this takes the cake. A show about a boy (shaped like a lima bean and only has squirrels for friends) and his squirrel and is called Squirrel Boy? That's so lame! Also the episodes are duller than seeing 50 walls of paint dry, the animation is atrocious, and it's really really really unfunny. I can't believe there are actually people who like this show (there's only a few thank god). Avoid this lame show with a lame name. However, there is 1 good thing. Rodney's voice actor is the same guy who did Dagget from the Angry Beavers, I loved Dagget.
  • Not to bad, but not great

First off, I'm not sure why everyone seems to hate this show. It's probably the best show that has premiered in quite a long time (it sure beats Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's a Monkey). I do chuckle a bit when watching this show. Though it's no Courage the Cowardly Dog, it does have some good moments. I'm glad Richard Horvitz voices Rodney. He's such a good voice actor who is really able to bring his characters to life. He really helps to make Rodney into a somewhat interesting character.

But like I said, the show isn't really great, either. It just seems to be to nice and friendly. The theme song is also kind of annoying and the music in general is something you would hear on a two year old's show. I also think that there is to much color, but this is only a very minor point. Of course, cartoons can't get away with much anymore with all the censorship now. I'm sure that many of the newer Cartoon Network shows would be better if they had less censorship. It's like that they don't allow for modern creators any artistic freedom anymore.

So anyways, before I get further off topic, I just want to say that this is a decent show. I'm sure it will get better with time. Hopefully it will continue.
  • The crap is this?

Wasnt there a time when cartoons on CN [CartoonNetwork] were shown as pilots to the public then voted on if they would become a offcial show or not? Now they just let any show get through and on the air even if its complete crap.

I gues they decided they would do what every other network does and air almost anything they get. Im not saying that this show is a complete flop it does have its moments, but come on its a cartoon about a talking squirrel and a kid. Half of the jokes they have [or try to have] arnt funny unless your so tired [or in some other other-worldly state] you dont even understand what the heck there saying and people who are in that state laugh at just about anything you throw at them.
  • Oh. My. God. ANOTHER show about fluffy talking animals? Didn't CN just bring on My Gym Partner's a Monkey a few months ago? This is the LAST show we need!

This show is horrible to say the the least.

First of all, I'd like to point out the whole concept. I ask you, who (including small children) want to watch yet ANOTHER show about talking animals? With all of the movies out and current shows, I think they'd be sick of it by now. Really....why not make a unique show?

The next thing I have to talk about is the plot. It, again, is very frequently used. Rodney is a trouble maker that always gets into, well trouble. He drags the common-sense-blessed Andy with him, while he complains and corrects him. I can name about 5 other shows off the top of my head with the exact same plot. Once again, why not try something different?

Then, there is the animation. I know it is a style of it's own, but it irks me. For crying out loud, Andy's eyes aren't even attached to his head! They're heads look like hotdogs, and there is no detail, just plain cell color. I can tell that this show was produced very hastily and hadn't had much thought put into it.
  • What's wrong with it?

I don't understand why anyone would hate this show. It may not have the same animation as Spongebob. It may not have the same humor as Spongebob. (I use Spongebob because it's the mainstream)
    Why does that matter? The creators took the original direction rather than copy whatever is popular. If there was no originality there would be no progress.
    Just watch one episode with an unbiased mind and you may just find a great show. Everyone who hates this show for no good reason needs to shut up. One guy said he watched 'a few minutes or so'. That's not enough time to appreciate anything.
    I think it is a hilarious show that doesn't need constant fart jokes and nonsense phrases to get a laugh. If you can't laugh without those things then I'm embarrassed for you. Try to expand your humor. Give this show a chance, please.
  • Who came up with THIS garabge?

How much more gay can this show get? I don't think it's possible! It's about some really fugly kid with a squirrel as a pet. An orange squirrel. And you should see the characters! Especially Andy! His face has GOT to be the most repulsive thing I've ever seen! Most of the new Cartoonetwork shows are pretty bad, with the exception of Class of 3000, and this show takes 1st place! Every time this show comes on I feel like screaming! You wouldn't BIELIEVE how fast I change the channel. Come on Cartoonetwork, let's pick up the pace and get some GOOD shows out there!
  • What is Cartoon Network thinking? This idea has been done before. This was just too soon after Gym Partner.

5.3
    Squirrel Boy is about a boy and his pet squirrel. Is this familiar? Its storyline usually involves the boy, and his squirrel having adventures. The problem is the adventures are boring. I can't pay attention to them. The artwork is pretty bad. The worst artwork was done on Andy. What happened to his face? The voices are okay. The show is a little funny at sometimes. Usually more than average jokes. The good thing is the humor. Making the show average. If you want to watch this show. Then, watch it for humor. Otherwise just stay away from this show.
< 1 2 3 4