Squirrel Boy

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Squirrel Boy Fan Reviews (107)

5.2
  • Why has Cartoon Network changed from a good, enjoyable cartoon channel into a channel filled with crap like this?

This show is GOD AWFUL! This show is one of hte shows that is destroying CN and also making it lose my viewing. I watched half an episode and was appauled.

Plot: This is one of those boring shows where the characters go on lame-ass, stupid adventures that no one cares about. How about some creativity, people!?

Voice Acting: Average.

Dialogue: This left me speechless. What the heck was that!?!?

Humor: Terrible humor made for eight-year-olds. However, I doubt too many eight-year-olds were laughing.

Animation: What is it with cartoons these days that make kids look 3 times shorter than kids in the real world?!?

Characters: Boring and unorigional, with no development.

Overall: I would rather watch 12 episodes of Pokemon, Naruto and Mr. Meaty than watch this.
  • NOT!!!!! this show is one of the wrost to come out of Craptoon Network EVER.......

hey everyone! this is my first review and I thought I should start with the wrost cartoon network show ever.....SQUIRREL BOY. squirrel boy, squirrel boy....where do I begin?
    Plot:1
    this shows about a retarded looking boy named Andy who lives with his mom (who looks like dexters mom),his dad(hates squrriels), and Rodney, the most stupid, unorginal character on the show. Add dogs, other talking animals, a germphobic wussy, a bully,and a new crappy "adventure" every week and you have the plot. LAME....
    Animation:1
    WORST. ANIMATION. EVER.
    Characters:2.5
    not only do we have a spongebob sterotype (rodney), but we also have other talking animals(3 squrriels and a bird) REALLY? One talking animal is enough but 5 is Bleh!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    overall this show is crappy. also it's cartoon networks only orginal series that didn't get an award. IT DID'NT EVEN GET A NOMINATION!!!!!! i feel sorry for those who like the show, and envy the people who have never seen it. I glad this show is in cartoon hell where it belongs.
  • This show is crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.1
    What hell is this show?Ill tell ya its crap!!!A stroy about a boy with hes best friend!A squierll?????How can a pet be a squierl??I dont even get it?It has very stupid episodes and jokes.I watched a few of them and they where so boring!!The only episode I liked was the one with go karts!This show really has no meaning.How can useing a can openar destroy a house!!!Its so stupid!They try to make the show funny with sucky and stupid things!Cartoon Network should cancel it right away!They have really stupid episodes to make you fall a sleep while watching!One of the worest shows on Earth!
  • really really bad show.just waste of time.

This show is horrible!there is no humor in it!the graphics is too colorful and it hurts my eyes.animation is lame.people look ugly but not "funny ugly" like in "cow and chicken" just lame and uncreative.characters:rodney is very annoying and a failed comic releif.how could they named him "rodney"?!thats not suitable for squirrel and think about all the people named "rodney" they are embarassed!andy is shaped like a bean and very annoying.he looks smart but does everithing rodney tells him so he has no personality whatsoever.and i dont think he has any human friends so he plays with a squirrel all day.loser!and there is a stupid fat kid kyle who is suppost to be a bully and his ugly annoying parrot(btw i love parrots but this one is hidious!)but kyle doesnt do real bullyng just some lame pranks.he is huge!he could give a good wedgie to andy(that would make this show funnier)instead he does lame pranks that fail everythime!and the dyaloge is lame!and rodney and andy never have real adventures infact they never leave their backyard!dont wach this lame show it will make your eyes and ears bleed lame
  • Another bad show rises from the drawing room floor. {sigh}

Yes, I am another anti-Squirrel Boy person, but bear with me. Squirrel Boy is another one of those badly written adventure shows with a boy and his animal friend going on adventures and whatnot. Yawn. Didn't we learn a lesson from, "My Gym Partner's a Monkey"? Anyhow, I see this as a less discusting version of that show. I am not insulting anyone who watches this. I'm just expressing my opinion. It shares the unorigionality (racetrack and recipie grinds) and the humor(Rodney is NOT funny) of its butt obsessed relative. Again, no offence to its viewers. I just don't like it.
  • God, it's bad. It's so horrible, it's not funny!

1.3
    Well, where do I begin? OH, to explain the plot!

The Plot included a boy named Andy, who has a pet squirrle named Rodney. But, OH NOES?! Andy's parents said no! So, Rodney stays in a backyard tree... and...

Oh, I can't continue! This show makes me cry!

THe only good thing about this is the graphics, which makes you think, "Hmm... colerful. I wanna watch this show. It's fun!"

But, oh no!

The voice actors are big in the voice buisness, but horrible in this show, hands down. The animation is bad, comparing it to colorful graphics. Dialoge, I can't stand how not funny it is! And the sound? You wanna know? it's so bad, it's funny! That's the ONLY time I laughed!

Bottom line, this helps you learn that you can trick everyone with good graphics to a bad show. Other than that, I don't like it.
  • the reason cartoon network has failed.

i feel for this show i cant give it higher 0.1 actually, the score i gave it was generous.im going to piecethe show apart.

characters: take a look at them. their colorful, but look at their heads. especcially andy's. it seems like the producers spent 2 minutes on them.

plot: it doesnt have a plot. theres a new gay "adventure" in every episode.

Common sense: this is the worst thing about it. a talking squirel who is a boy's best friend. wow. and the squirels friends talk! gawd.

theme song: after this i was rushed to the emergency room.

overall: sucks.

one good thing about it is that its ended.
  • Eh,I dunno,it's a little to werid for my own enjoyment

Ok,well I'm not trying to bash anyone but really all I see is a unnaturaly bright pallet of colors(ouch,enough to make your eyes hurt)some terrbiel drawing,mixed with some baldy timed jokes,put in the microwave and you get Squirrel Boy.So last year they were showing these ads to make it look like Rodney was cool nd the show was a must see.Ha ha,well it answers my question as to why the sixth season of Teen Titans was cancelled,and why Dexter's Lab,Johnny Bravo,and Power Puff Girls got the boot.The concept of a sensible human boy and his wacky non human companion going on misadventures is quite stale.The style of humour is medicore,it's ok when you want to get a few cheap laughs when you are really bored,but I still wouldn't recomend it.There are still some gemstones on CN like Ed,Edd n Eddy as well Naruto,Ben 10,Pokemon,and such,and have great potential,but sadly they are over shadowed by such shows like Reanimated:The Series/Out of Jimmy's Head,Santo,and Squirrel boy included.Which is saddening
  • Squirrel Boy is on? Time for my 30 minute nap

Squirrel Boy is one of those shows that will just make you fall asleep 5 minutes into the show. The show's premise may not have been the best, but it could have been a decent show. The show centers around a boy named Andy and his pet squirrel, Rodney, and together they get into various adventures that gets them into trouble. Each episode is full of terrible jokes that don't work for kids at all and it was so bland and stupid, I couldn't tell where the humor was. The artwork and animation aren't too bad, but they could have been approved significantly. The character designs look original, the colors are pretty good, and it's presented pretty well. The voice acting is where the shows starts to really fall apart, everyone sounds annoying, and some of the voices don't seem to match the character. The plots themselves are really lackluster and are forgettable and are plots that are recycled, but have no new things in it. I was glad this show was canceled and hasn't been seen again. What could have been a decent show for everyone, got turned into a mess because of poor plots and bad jokes.
  • I'm actually watching the show right now.. and its Balls.

2.8
    I'm actually watching the show right now.. this is my first review and a must because i am a huge CN fan but in the recent years its been dying.. the glory days of Old School Cartoon network are real.. and now with the new crap it sucks... now on to the review. Presentation: 1.0
    The opening squecne makes completely no sense at all. It starts of as a 3d animated tree spinning which makes no sense other than the fact that one of the characters is a squirrel. Voices in the background continually yell out the name "Rodney" and if this is your first time wathing the show its going to piss you off because you don't know who Rodney is yet. Its very surreal with things falling from the sky and flickering windows. because of this you would think that the show would be a far out wacky comedy like 'Ren and Stimpy' or 'Roco's Modern Life' but know it just leads you on like a bad girl who wants only one thing... The sequence goes on with wierd music in the background that reminds me of some runoff nick Jr. song. it sounds very childish and preschool.. It ends with the family of characters in front of the house leaving you to believe they just moved in...

Story:1
    a squirrel is adopted by noob parents andgoes on adventures with their fat geeky son, who has gained his parents noob traits. lame...

Character Design:5
    Everett Peck is the character designer who made the Duckman series.. If this show allowed cussing and more extreme adult themes it might have become an underground cult favorite. the design would have worked.. but since they made the show for children it doesn't really flow and just looks sad.. oversized or miniatured heads, very small limbs with huge bodies, morphed foreheads and chins, no necks and more. The characters are actually suprisingly funny and well developed. Rodney is hilarious and is very random. he is loud and rude and he keeps the show interesting but fails because all the characters around him have know substance.

Animation:5
    average sub par movements and expressions. no engaging fluid animations. Lasting Appeal:2
    A couple of laghs but the design and the plot are soo bad you won't even char to come back to watch he flat characters perform random nonsense as they live normally lives.. Booty. SCORE: 2.8
  • Beh...

2.6
    Okay, I don't want to offend any Squirrel Boy fans but I really dislike this show. The only thing I like about this show is that the squirrel's voice actor is one of my favorites. But other than that this show is bleh.... First of all, the theme song is just plain annoying, it's just 'Rodney' over and over again with a little tune in the background. Secondly, the characters are very strange looking. I really really dislike the way it's drawn. As an artist, I think the character designer should've done a better job. People don't like watching ugly looking cartoons... And plus.. the jokes are very very corny. In my opinion, CN should cancel it. I'm sorry for if I offended any of you SB fans, but I think Squirrel Boy is bringing Cartoon Network down..
  • Squirrel Boy is the worst show on Cartoon Network!!!

1.6
    Okay so it's Saturday morning and most of Cartoon Network's loyal viewers (including me) turn on the TV after just waking up. We're all ready to start our day with another hilarious episode of Looney Toons or something similar. But when we turned on the TV, what were we greeted to? It wasn't the fimiliar *imitates the Looney Toons theme song*. Nope. It was *in a mocking Andy Johnson voice* Hey Rooodneeeyyyy!!!! *normal voice* I (and probably most other then-loyal Cartoon Network fans) decided to try watching thisand give it a chance. It was the most terrible thing I had ever seen!!! That show single-handedly ruined Cartoon Network for me and probably most then-fans!!! I didn't laugh---heck I didn't even CRACK A SMILE once!!!! Mr. Johnson is the only person in that family with any SENSE!!! He wants that RODENT out of his house!!! Anyone else notice that Andy's head is shaped like a bean? Squirrel Boy also paved the way for other terrible cartoons (Class of 3000, Robot Boy, Chop Socky Chooks, etc.). Richard Horvitz (the voice of Billy from Billy & Mandy, Zim, and Orthopox 13 from Destroy All Humans) should tell them he quits or his career will be ruined. To sum it up, Squirrel Boy is TERRIBLE!!!! And to the person who disagreed with me, you can not be serious...

FIN
  • One of the shows that is the reason why Cartoon Network is dying.

This show stinks. This is one of the reasons why Cartoon Network is dying. The humor in this show is boring. The stunts that Rodney do are not funny. The characters are horribly drawn. If you were to take of Andy's glasses, from the view he is drawn, it would appear that he has no eyes. The number one thing I hate about this show is the theme music. The music is babyish, and forgettable. If I had to listen to that music one more time, I would throw a brick at the TV. If I was president of Cartoon Network, I would burn this show to a crisp, and put back on classics like Time Squad, The Powerpuff Girls, and Johnny Bravo. I would rename the song "Chipmunks roasing on an open fire" by Bob Rivers to "Rodney the squirrel roasting on an open fire".
    Be gone with this show, and never come back.
  • This show SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

This show has the most gross and hideous animation I've ever seen. Not only that but the plots are lame and Rodney is one dopey squirrel. This is perhaps one of the most crappiest animated television shows in all of history. There's a lot of horrifyingly bad tv shows these days, and this show is definitely one of them. This show makes me sick, if you have never seen this show then good! You aren't missing anything! Don't watch it please, it might scar you for life. This show is one of the leading vomit-inducing garbage animted shows of this era. (Well I know in my opinion.) I'm so glad this show is gone and got wiped off the face of the Earth. I hope its now back in hell from where it came from because it sure belongs there! Now for a quick recap of this show: This show is based on Andy, a kid living with both of his parents, and he has a pet squirrel Rodney. And all of his squirrel friends can talk. The animation is ugly and simply horrific. The characters and whole concept of the show is so ridiculous and poor that even my sister booed and hissed at it. And she loves some shows that I hate. This show is a disgrace and should have never existed. That's all so see you later.
  • Squirrel Boy is a colossal waste of time.

My 3rd Review after another poorly done show: My gym Partner's a Monkey.

Another Horrbile Show on Cartoon network. Who in the right mind would want to watch this lame garbage? This is even worse then My gym Partner's a monkey! Expect you get a Brainless Squirrel Instead. It's about some Boy named Andy and he has a pet Squrriel named Rodney. Huh? wait-wait wait! A pet Squrriel?!?! That's Impossible for your parnets to have a Pet Squrriel in the House! I hate this show soooo much!!!
    This is a 1000 times more pointless then My gym partner's a Monkey! This show is gonna get an F-. Here's the Stinking Results:

Voice-acting: F-- 1.9/10.0 The Voice-acting stinks! They must been eating bad drugs to voice the brainless chracthers!

Animation: F- 2.3/10.0 The Animation is Horribly Designed! It looks all Pukish and Stuff! It looks like a 1-year old made it.

Grapihcs: C 5.0/10.0 The grapihcs are the ONLY good part about this show. Too bad the Animation could not match it.

Dialouge: F 3.2/10.0 WHAT THE HECK?! This is one of the worst Scripts they have ever made in a cartoon!

Sound: D-- 4.0/10.0 Dorky music with Bad cartoony sound effects. The sound is sooooo Bad, it's funny!

Lasting Appeal: F 2.7/10.0 This cartoon gets terrbily repetitive. Ha! It does not even Desvere to be released as a Video game! Overall: F- 2.0/10.0 This is one of the worst things they have ever came up with. Cartoon network has to wake up! Start bringing back great classics. But Thank god we have boomerang. A better cartoon would be "The Land before time" Series! Go watch that instead! Not this Piece of Junk.
    Burn this in heck you piece of Garbage Cartoon!!!!!!
  • This was so wrong on so many levels.

1.4
    There was no way I was going to like this show. It's animtion was designed by Everett Peck. He also created Duckman which I didn't like either. He seems to like making downbeat depressive characters and tries to make it funny by adding stupidity and frantic whackyness. The humour down right annoyed me as did the voices. It quickly became obvious that Cartoon Network had entered a phase that they want to heavily push simple retro style humour. Many of the shows given many time slots throughout the day and evening. Though most were not to my level of liking, they did work on a "SpongeBob" level. but the black humour in Squirrel Boy was completely out of it's element in a childrens show. I'll be glad to see something else take it's places in the line up.
  • My Gym Partner's A Monkey but with a Squirrel. WTF!?!

This show is the definision of crap. This show and My Gym Partner's A Giant Butt-Hole, are what started "The Downfall of CN." This show is probably one of the worst shows ever made and a huge example of why CN is turning into Crappy Network. This show is nothing but a kid who's best friends with a squirrel, what's with the kid's being best friends with animal shows!? It's like CN only care for all boy show's now! Ewwwww!!! CN are nothing now but sexist crackpots. This show shouldn't haven't even had a second season and it's amazing it's still on the air. If it gets a third season (which it won't) Then God help us all.
  • If you haven't seen this show (first of all, I envy you) but see that banner up there? yeah, that's what passes for "entertainment" these days.

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I feel like I just died inside after watching this horrid, fetid, piece of- you know. What kind of animation is this? since when are squirrels blue? Since when are humans' ears below their mouths? Since when did this pass for entertainment? The voice acting and plots are absolutely, gut-wrenchingly awful. Those drool monkeys down at CN must've been drunk when they thought of this. Talking animals? Man, I would never have though of that! It doesn't matter. We can still watch other shows on CN. We have... my gym partner's a monkey, chop socky chooks, out of jimmy's head and... camp lazlo. Great. Skip this show- better yet, the whole channel, and watch something DECENT. Like the History Channel. Or Comedy Central.But not Nick. That's hardly any better than CN.

If you value your life, don't watch this show.
  • What a bad show.

Squirrel Boy is a terrible show; There is absolutely nothing good about it. The jokes are really corny and just plain stupid. The storylines and the overall plot sound like the writers are trying to hard to come up with something good. I mean, come on! A show about a annoying, talking squirrel and a little brat? It totally sucks! Also, the animation is appauling. I really do not see why some people like this show. I honestly can't wait for this show to get cancelled, since, it my opinion, this show's only purpose is to take up space in Cartoon Network's timeslot.
  • Cartoon Network, Stop cranking out these stupid shows!!!

I just watched the first episode. horrible. Here are the reasons this show stinks- 1- Unoriginality. In all the pet stores ive been in, not once has there been a squirrel. And this one, is a carbon copy of Bloo. Really, Andy and Rodney are just like Mac and Bloo. 2- Art. It's really weird, i mean the hands and feet are way to small compared to the characters' enormous heads. At least in KND its the other way around. Plus that eye indent doesnt look right. 3- age. i mean who remembers being 9? Really people remember being 8 and 10 more.
    Cartoon Network is really struggling. The only good shows that are still on in the day are:
    B&M Fosters Ben 10 Xiaolin Showdown.
    That and Toonami and adult swim
    Cartoon Network, please dont make cr*ppy copies of other good shows, as Squirrel Boy is somewhat a copy of Fosters Mac and Bloo. Just put some originality into your shows!!!
  • Not that bad of a show, actually...

7.9
    This show is strangely amusing...While the Title, Plots, and Animation may not sound all that interesting, its actually quite a good new Cartoon on Cartoon Network! However, it still needs alot more improvement...It needs to thicken its plots out more and it needs better character developement. But, since the Show has just started, I won't expect too much out of it (Since shows usually get better, from when they first started). Anyways, Squirrel Boy is a pretty good Show, so give it chance and you'll know what I mean. Its better than other shows on Cartoon Network, thats for sure.
  • For god sakes, this was from the creator of Duckman!

People, you know this is from the same guy who did Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man. And this show was in part of my childhood.
  • i wont say its crap, but its useless for sure

i like this kind of idiotic shows, with stupid plots and stupid adventures. but the problem is that this show has nothing more than that, i mean, no peaks, no moments of LMAO, no mindless zaniness, nothing. i would say its an average show, but to be honest, its often boring in his uselessness. the only good thing is the graphics.

shame on you cartoon network
  • CN really needs some good shows and fast.

3.9
    Let's try this again! Ok so a boy named Andy makes a friend names Rodney and they have fun. That's it. No plot, no character development, just a squirrel and a boy having "fun". CartoonNetwork only has Toonami and a couple of good shows left, this not being one of them. I mean seriously(no offense to anyone) I really dislike this show. Way too childish, and it's not as funny as I thik it's exposed to be. That's my review as I cannot think of any other insults or in fact any good things about this show. That's my review.
  • Cartoon Network: Please. Make the hurting stop!

I tried to be fair. I gave it an honest chance. I endured the pain of watching a whole episode. And my final conclusion?
    I honestly have not seen a show so downright flipping horrible since Cartoon Network aired "Dragon Hunters". Like I said, I always give new cartoons a chance before I judge by watching at least one whole episode of this show. It was actually PAINFUL to pay attention to.

First off, music wise, it makes you want to cut your ear off. And what's with the theme? It makes it sound like it's for three year olds!

Second, for the most part, I'm supportive of any animation style, no matter how odd it might be. But good god, this one really takes the cake. It's hard to look at. It's not even the drawings themselves, it's the coloring... everything's so bright, like my brother said, it's overexposed which makes it an eyesore.

Finally, the characters lack serious emotion. This makes it hard to connect to the situation and actually stir anything in the viewer.

Dare I even give this show a 2? It seems too high for it. The only reason I even venture to give it this score is because it made me chuckle a few times; but that's the limit of its humor.

I can't even continue to write a decent review about this... it just fails in every aspect of it's existance. Please, if you value your brains; don't watch squirrel boy. Cartoon Network, you're slipping. You need to listen to your fans and improve on the few good points of your channel, and maybe you can save yourselves. But "Squirrel Boy" fails to live up to the hype you gave it. Besides, didn't you already attempt this with "My Gym Partner's a Monkey"?
  • Why did I like this BS before?!

1.1
    I realized how crappy this show is. The colors are bad, and the humor needs work. I'm too lazy to do a scale right now, so I'll mess with the theme song to this trash.

Hey REEEEEEEE-TAAAAAARRRRDDD!

*Half-assed theme plays*

Hey AAAAAAASSSSSSSSS-FFFFFUUU-----------!

*Theme continues to pervert innocent children's minds*

*I show up with a chain-saw and plow down the T.V, proceeding to turn on something good like Wayside*

Overall: 1.0
    Squirrel Boy and Gym Partner are like a team: they brainwash little kids' minds and force them to watch the dumb things that goes on in them. I won't stand for this!! I might hate this show, but it's still better them Gym Partner. Still, don't waste your time on this pig crap.
  • What the

shit is this hell of a piece?
  • Can someone PLEASE tell me what I just watched!!!

God, this is such a lame show, CN went insane after 2004, now they have this show on it? Well, atleast it's cancelled, what person ever thought of this show, it sucks so bad! Second of all they made all the character very ugly, the animation was very bad, the music was terrible, and it doesn't even want me to think of the stupid theme song!!! In which case this show has to be one of CN's worst, I can't believe I ever gave this show a chance, what in the world was I thinking?!?! Final grade: A big fat giant F-
  • I love animals, especially rodents. But, I seriously hate this show.

I'll be honest, I did actually see a few episodes. Unfortunately during those times, there isn't much other shows to watch. So, I watch this and I'd drift off. I cannot really watch this show. I hate all the characters, the art is nothing special, and their personality is the worst part. Just like almost everyone else, they don't like the show. I can't really write that much, since I couldn't really watch this. The plot, well, it isn't interesting enough to even pay that much attention. I am a bit sorry for the creators, they probably put in more effort than a 1. So, love real squirrels and watch something else on television, like CNN news.
  • why did i even look at the first episode

ok this is the worst show ever even worse than my gym parnter is a monkey
    the artstyle looks like some kid drew it and threw up on it
    the episodes are silly and do not have any point
    that hat sells the sandwich thing is dumb
    and alot of my buddys on the3eds.com hate it too
    so do not even think of the first episode
    look at a good show like ed edd n eddy or fosters so please do yourself good and do not even look at this show for a dare please you will be happy you did not look at it you would have better luck not blinking then watching this
< 1 2 3 4