Standoff Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

dvd?

robodog1000

[1]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 16

is the show gonna be on dvd once the show ends season 1 and will it have a second season or is the show done with once the season ends?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AerynSun2

[2]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 4

I don't think fox has officially decided on it, i heard a rumor, nothing but a rumor mind you, that they were gonna sell dvd's on amazon. They might not. I hope so though. Fox screwed up on this. Chucking this show on the back burner was bad enough, now that fans are asking questions though and fox wont answer uhhg. It's like They chucked this show on the backburner. Turned the back burner on really low. When it got left on the back burner too long it caught fire. Fans wanted answers. Now it's like theyre ignoring the fire ad letting it burn down the whole house. (or in other words ruin fox)

fox has done this way too many times. it's so annoying.

DebbieZ1

[3]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 2

I was watching the episode "Ex-Factor" and TIVO cut it off by 10minutes. Any idea where I can find it to watch on my computer? It was a good episode and would like to watch the rest of it.

Thanks,

DebbieZ

phf3947

[4]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 71
    FOX usually has the latest episode uploaded on Standoff on MySpace. If you keep checking back, it should be added soon.

hsimpson44

[5]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 26
    so far, fox is still being dumb and not said its coming back. but they also havent said its not coming back, so its still got a chance. as for the dvd, it will prouble come out in the next year or so. at least i hope so

phf3947

[6]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 71
    hsimpson44 wrote:
    so far, fox is still being dumb and not said its coming back. but they also havent said its not coming back, so its still got a chance. as for the dvd, it will prouble come out in the next year or so. at least i hope so

This is also my opinion. FOX has stated nothing officially on the status of this series. Granted, Standoff hasn't received an order for a second season, but all the episodes from the first season were/will be aired. This didn't happen with the other new FOX shows from the 2006/2007 season that have been canceled. Breaking news from Hollywood is the new president of the network - Kevin Reilly - and Peter Liguori's promotion to chairman. FOX hasn't been that successful in the past with crime procedurals, and Mr. Reilly (formerly president of NBC) might want to keep Standoff due to its established fanbase and give NBC a run for its money. Does this mean Standoff could return midseason? Who knows. Also in consideration would be how many of the new FOX shows will make it past three episodes in the fall. If there's a hole in the schedule that could be filled by Standoff, then again... who knows.

As far as a DVD is concerned, good luck with that. The cost to produce a DVD comprising only 18 episodes could be prohibitive, especially for a show that can be viewed online.

gregorysam

[7]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 4
    I still dont get why there is only 18 episodes Fox stated there is suppose to be 19, or am i some how mistaking, or is Fox just not airing the final episode like they have done before (you know north shore, and true calling JUSTICE) all mising 1 episode thats just insane not to air the last episode why in the owrld would any body do that not air the final episode. Anybody have any info on this (So It seams next Friday is Stanoff's Season Finale and possibly seares Finale (hopefully not)) All replies are great start the conversations

hsimpson44

[8]Jul 15, 2007
    gregorysam wrote:
    I still dont get why there is only 18 episodes Fox stated there is suppose to be 19, or am i some how mistaking, or is Fox just not airing the final episode like they have done before (you know north shore, and true calling JUSTICE) all mising 1 episode thats just insane not to air the last episode why in the owrld would any body do that not air the final episode. Anybody have any info on this (So It seams next Friday is Stanoff's Season Finale and possibly seares Finale (hopefully not)) All replies are great start the conversations

no, pretty sure there was gonna be 19 so I think you're right. I also cant belive they wont air the episodes of other shows they didnt give a chance such as Justice and Drive. Three great shows Fox treated like crap. But yet they give praise crappy shows like American Idol, Til' Death, and basically all their reality shows with the exception of On the Lot. If Fox is supposed to be a reality station then let it be but put all the good shows on a new network or at least stop being stupid about your good shows. I mean I love Simpsons but how can they let it go for 19 years and not give Standoff 2 when Simpsons isnt even doing that well now? Fox just makes me mad alot.

ramsfan920

[9]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 38
    [QUOTE="hsimpson44"]
    gregorysam wrote:
    no, pretty sure there was gonna be 19 so I think you're right. I also cant belive they wont air the episodes of other shows they didnt give a chance such as Justice and Drive. Three great shows Fox treated like crap. But yet they give praise crappy shows like American Idol, Til' Death, and basically all their reality shows with the exception of On the Lot. If Fox is supposed to be a reality station then let it be but put all the good shows on a new network or at least stop being stupid about your good shows. I mean I love Simpsons but how can they let it go for 19 years and not give Standoff 2 when Simpsons isnt even doing that well now? Fox just makes me mad alot.[/QUOT.E] cause the ratings for standoff are terrible and the simpsons are still pulling in better ratings than them after 19 years....and you obviously don't read the ratings online.....american idol gets praise cause its the highest rated show on tv (as much as i hate it), til death gets 8-13 million, which is plently for a renewal, and on the lot is down to 2 million people for episodes which is god awful because most cable shows and the cw gets better ratings than that.....standoff only gets 4 million at best and even on fox, where they have greater lenency than cbs abc and nbc (at least up until this year), you need at least 5-6 million to get renewed, and that's only if u've had more than 1 season.....after 1 season, you need at least 7 million to get renewed so unless standoff can get 3 more million people out of nowhere they're done
    Edited on 07/19/2007 7:36pm

firecracker666

[10]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 13
    Fox makes me so mad. And I'm in the UK, I dont even get fox! One word :Firefly.....

wan_ching

[11]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 22
    I wish they would sell the dvd, it's too bad the show got canceled. I don't think they will be selling the dvd... cos a couple of other show got cancel with one season, and it's still not on dvd... so i'm not sure whether they will put standoff on dvd too. It would so suck!!!

Bookwormrulz

[12]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 10

ireally hope that they put it on DVD. I live in Australia and so i can't watch it on Fox on demand or anything like that.. it sucks big time.

Standoff was.. sorry is a fantastic show. It's different to every crime show on TV. Fox, stuffed it by taking it off the air, cancelling it, and not giving it a chance. The least they could do is put it on DVD.

robodog1000

[13]May 19, 2008
    • level: 16

looks like this show is dead,i only have the second half of season 1 on dvd

I may put it on sale if i could edit a couple things,but im not sure what to do yet

hsimpson44

[14]Jun 17, 2008
    robodog1000 wrote:

looks like this show is dead,i only have the second half of season 1 on dvd

I may put it on sale if i could edit a couple things,but im not sure what to do yet

More than I've got...

FOX isnt going to release the DVD. They wont even release 2+ for Malcolm in the Middle or any after 6 for King of the Hill, two shows that were on FOX for years (King still has new epsiodes.)

friendsfreak14

[15]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    It sucks they won't give us the first season on dvd! But if you go to hulu then you can watch all the episodes for free and all that. It's really cool