Standoff Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Official discussion thread: Kids in the Hall - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Kids in the Hall" in this thread. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 45
    This one was good for so many reasons I was wondering when Matt and Emily's relationship would come to a head because of the job. Other than that the juvie standoff was good great tension i'm really surprised none of the really bad kids didn't die but oh well it was still a fun episode.

gregorysam

[3]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 4
    one of the seasons best a wonderful episode great plot, the previous episode was also amazing see at the end of the season its where the show kills its amazing, all the good stuff Sharuls relationships and then the mystery being revealed and now finally a look at Emily and Mat's relationship, i don't know how much time passed till the next time (show wise not airing) but it will be hard say exactly how it would be resolved personally Matt did the right thing he was right and she said she would not put up her carier for him, know if she cared she would not say that but whatever know its up to the show creators to decide.
    P.S. Thing to note is shows generally end on a good note if producers know the show will end depends on if they knew there would be no second season.

P.P.S. Is next weeks episode the season finale because i thought there was suppose to be 2 more episodes they said (Fox) there where 8 un-aired episodes and there where 11 aired before the comeback so there are suppose to be 19 not 18 right? or is fox not airing there last episode a thing they seem to always be doing for a unknown reason (northshore, true calling)

friendsidol5

[4]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 13
    I thought this was a great ep...

Note to other Bones fans: The senator, was in 'Aliens in a Spaceship' (I still think he was the Gravedigger), but i hated him there and I hated him here.

I still wish this show wasn't cancelled.

ronata

[5]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 9

its going to be a 2 hour finale right??

is this show definitely cancelled now or is it still undecided???

TBones22

[6]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 10
    friendsidol5 wrote:
    I thought this was a great ep...

Note to other Bones fans: The senator, was in 'Aliens in a Spaceship' (I still think he was the Gravedigger), but i hated him there and I hated him here.

i KNEW that was hom! lol. greart ep. missed frank and duff alot. and missed the first like, 10 mins but i can watched what i missed later. they are airing the last 2 episodes. back to back. its definantly canceled. i still think we could have done something. we still can lets all write to fox and tell them how much we want standoff back!

sypher_nl

[7]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    friendsidol5 wrote:

Cancelled? Sources?

EOshipper

[8]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 16

sypher_nl wrote:
    friendsidol5 wrote:
    Cancelled? Sources?
    tvguide.com lists Severance as the series finale.

ronata

[9]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 9
    i've caught tvguide.com with wrong information posted before so i hope this is one of those rare times. maybe it was cancelled and will get revived like Jericho.

Finnegan77

[10]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 27

This was an excellent episode for a few reasons - besides a great performance by Ron Livingston, the two young guest stars Will Rothaar and Aldis Hodge handled their roles perfectly. While the senator was a type-cast crooked politician, the unexpected agenda of Nathan trying to save a juvenile detention center that was actually working made up for it. I was happy to see some reality force its way into Matt and Emily's relationship. It is only logical that they would have some sort of professional disagreement that, because of the personal nature of their relationship, would feel like a betrayal to one of them.

Although, morally, Matt was right, I can't see a police negotiator actually stepping that far outside the lines on behalf of a hostage taker. But I did think the single best scene in the episode what Matt's conversation with Lia, and how she saw through his every attempt to use his "skills" to manipulate her. If the writers had pulled off more eps like this one earlier in the season, this series might have had a chance.

phf3947

[11]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 71
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    But I did think the single best scene in the episode what Matt's conversation with Lia, and how she saw through his every attempt to use his "skills" to manipulate her. If the writers had pulled off more eps like this one earlier in the season, this series might have had a chance.

Absolutely agree with you. This was the best episode of the entire season: the writing, directing, acting -- all excellent. It was the first time I wouldn't answer the phone during the broadcast. We had no way of knowing what the outcome would be - it could have gone either way. This is stuff great series are made of. Four stars.

Finnegan77

[12]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 27

phf3947 wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    But I did think the single best scene in the episode what Matt's conversation with Lia, and how she saw through his every attempt to use his "skills" to manipulate her. If the writers had pulled off more eps like this one earlier in the season, this series might have had a chance.
    Absolutely agree with you. This was the best episode of the entire season: the writing, directing, acting -- all excellent. It was the first time I wouldn't answer the phone during the broadcast. We had no way of knowing what the outcome would be - it could have gone either way. This is stuff great series are made of. Four stars.

At least!

It sure could have gone any way at all - death, mayhem, I was actually expecting the young man Nathan was "protecting" to die, not to be the one who killed Rome. I love being surprised by great writers!

D-LinkUK

[13]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 24

Great episode once again, it was good how the writers left us wondering how Matt's and Emily's relationship and partnership is going to pan out.

holliwdstr63

[14]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    phf3947 wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

i liked that scene alot 2!!! and I wish that if the show went on more (which its not... grr!), that it would feature more of Lia, Duff or Frank. Like get Lia in a hostage situation or get Duff or Frank shot. That was kind of one of my epi ideas: Get Lia held hostage, Emily and Matt try to get her out of there, the captor shoots Duff and gets him put into the hospital. When Lia gets rescued she visits Duff and romance blossoms! I am a total fan of Duff/Lia

ShadowShuyin

[15]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    holliwdstr63 wrote:
    phf3947 wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

i liked that scene alot 2!!! and I wish that if the show went on more (which its not... grr!), that it would feature more of Lia, Duff or Frank. Like get Lia in a hostage situation or get Duff or Frank shot. That was kind of one of my epi ideas: Get Lia held hostage, Emily and Matt try to get her out of there, the captor shoots Duff and gets him put into the hospital. When Lia gets rescued she visits Duff and romance blossoms! I am a total fan of Duff/Lia

OH THATS GOOD holli63..i like that idea alot

holliwdstr63

[16]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    ShadowShuyin wrote:
    holliwdstr63 wrote:
    phf3947 wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

OH THATS GOOD holli63..i like that idea alot

thnx! i'm gonna make a fanfic about it on fanfiction.net... i just hav 2 figure out how to download the software cuz its not lettin me. when i make it, go search: xo-charmedfan-xo. You'll find my story there, along with others. Thnx!