Standoff Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Standoff Q&A thread

irunongames

[1]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 3

Here you can post any questions which you have about the show and you can give answers to some of the people here. If I think it's a good question it will be edited into this post.

Commonly asked Questions

Q:What's the theme song titled? A: Late nights and streets by Steve smith

Q:Where can I hear the songs which were on Standoff? A:Here

Q:What's the Official website called A:The official Standoff website

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sidle_Love

[2]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 8

Hi I don't know if I can ask this here but does anyone know a Standoff fanfic where Matt and Emily look at a map and finds funny towns?! there is one that starts with "w" but I just can't remember! :/

AerynSun2

[3]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    The Theme song is called Late Nights And Street Fights but it's by Dirty Vegas, I'm pretty sure. It's on their myspace page. Unless the guy you wrote down is they're main singer.

irunongames

[4]Jul 2, 2007
    I think he's the writer of the song. The reson I put him down was because that's who they give credit on the official standoff website.

AerynSun2

[5]Jul 2, 2007
    Thnx for clearing that up. I have a question for the thread. We know why emily never talks to her sis anymore. Did they ever clear why Matt don't talk to his bro in LAPD anymore?

MissNoNickname

[6]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    No, thats never been cleared up. Matts brother was only mentioned that once in 'One Shot Stop' and Emily never asked further. Pity. If Matt's brother is as interesting as him, I wouldn't mind coming across him. Somehow I doubt we'll see him though after the storyline with Emily's sister.

irunongames

[7]Jul 3, 2007
    My guess is that if they clear that up it would be the season fanalie when Matt's brother is taken hostage.

AerynSun2

[8]Jul 3, 2007

hello

to miss no nickname, bye clearing it up i meant about the bands, i just looked on the first episode and it said it was credited to him because he was the vocalist not the band. (i love dirty vegas, they have Pretty Vegas)

i think if we see his brother they won't clear it up, they'll just have to team with him on a case. Did he say the name because *spoiler maybe it depends if you consider names spoilers* there is a character named alex in the last episode i think. Im just 99% sure though not 100%, i picked that up at the fox boards and almost everything i get there is true or they actually tell you its just a speculation. *spoiler has ended*

that's what i think, matt will see his brother, he won't tell emily exactly why because it hurts him and she'll accept that. if he's still in LAPD then it's quite easy to put him in a case

PrimaDi88

[9]Jul 3, 2007

Hello!

I just wanted to clarify that the character Alex on the very last episode "Severance" is played by Ron Livingston's ACTUAL brother, John Livingston.

*SPOILERS*

Also, The character Alex is not Matt Flannery's brother.

Just to prevent any confusion or disappointments.

Thanks!

phf3947

[10]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 71
    PrimaDi88 wrote:
    Hello! I just wanted to clarify that the character Alex on the very last episode "Severance" is played by Ron Livingston's ACTUAL brother, John Livingston. *SPOILERS* The character Alex is not Matt Flannery's brother. Just to prevent any confusion or disappointments.

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. The character is Alex Winston. A lot of incorrect information can be generated when one person misunderstands casting or other production details and starts an internet rumor that runs rampant until someone steps in to stop it.

FOX just released new airdate information for the finale. Both "Kids in the Hall" and "Severance" will air back-to-back on Friday, July 20, 2007.

TBones22

[11]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    Sidle_Love wrote:

Hi I don't know if I can ask this here but does anyone know a Standoff fanfic where Matt and Emily look at a map and finds funny towns?! there is one that starts with "w" but I just can't remember! :/

i dont remember seeing any fic like that but if you go on fanfiction.net and click on standoff you can scroll through all the fics and try to find the one you're looking for.
    Edited on 07/05/2007 8:59pm

angrodpallanen

[12]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 22
    Ok, so I'm not a regular on this board, I don't even watch Standoff, I just doing some research for my Dutch website.
    Is Standoff officially canceled? I know it has been once, but why are they airing new episodes now? Or is that just because those are the remaining episodes and Fox just airs whatever they have left and then the show is canceled..? Thank you in advance.

non-linear

[13]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 13
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    Is Standoff officially canceled? I know it has been once, but why are they airing new episodes now? Or is that just because those are the remaining episodes and Fox just airs whatever they have left and then the show is canceled..? Thank you in advance.

According to the lastest schedule on www.fox.com/schedule/ the episode scheduled for Jul 20 is the series finale, with the second last episode airing July 13 (the last two episodes of Drive scheduled for Jul 13 have been cancelled).

Preboomer

[14]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 8

non-linear wrote:
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    According to the lastest schedule on www.fox.com/schedule/ the episode scheduled for Jul 20 is the series finale, with the second last episode airing July 13 (the last two episodes of Drive scheduled for Jul 13 have been cancelled).

Below is an interview where dates can be put together giving the general time lines that the decisions

were made effecting Standoffs future.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117968745.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

SWE_Emma

[15]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 6

does anyone know if there's coming a second season?

angrodpallanen

[16]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 22
    non-linear wrote:
    angrodpallanen wrote:

Thank you for clearing that out.

AniMay1990

[17]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    Does anyone know of any Matt/Emily fansites or somewhere where i can get clips so i can make a video? It would be a great help.