Standoff

FOX (ended 2007)

layle1

Standoff Fan Reviews (72)

• So I'm watching this show,having a great time; finding drama, comedy, romance and action packed into a 45 minute episode. I go to look for season two but... oh, wait... it's been cancelled.?!

In the line of Joss Whedon's 'Firefly', Liz Tucillo's 'Related' and Jonathan Steinberg's 'Human Target', comes Craig Silverstein's 'Standoff'. Like most decent programs on cable TV 'Standoff' was cancelled after only one season A.K.A just as things were getting interesting. Now don't get me wrong, things on this show started getting interesting about five minutes into the pilot episode because unlike most cop/partner shows these guys prove (albeit sometimes haphazardly) that you can sleep your partner and save the day. No more sexual tension in the office, no more wanting what you can't have and dragging out personal (and fan's) desires over seasons and seasons of teasing and heavy wishing. These guys got together right off the bat and took us fans with them on their crazy-fun emotional roller-coaster ride, nabbing HT's all the while. Only wish we could have gone another round on the coaster and maybe have learnt more about Mathers and Duff. Well, you know what the Stones would have to say about this: 'You can't always get what you want'. It was probably the originality of this show that killed it, because from where I'm sitting there couldn't possibly be another reason.