Stanley

Disney Channel (ended 2004)

Stanley Fan Reviews (14)

6.9
  • Just like the Classification says. The reason I called it that is because of this.

First thoughts:
    Just like "PB&J Otter" this is another of those Playhouse Disney and/or Nick jr. shows that they put on for about three months and then they forget about it. I still remember the Noodle Dance from "PB&J Otter". Why were those shows so short? Where they not good enough for you? Never mind.

Title:
    Anyways about "Stanley" I'm sorry but with a title based by the main character I knew this show was going to be bad. I mean Seriously "Stanley"? What kind of a title is that? Why couldn't it be called "the great big book" or something?

Plot:
    The Plot of the show is that there is this kid named Stanley who likes animals allot. Which is fine but Stanley in Obsessed with animals! He even has Animal posters and Stuffed animals All over his room. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept live wild animals in his room! In his room he also has a dictionary about 26 animals. One animal Per Letter A to Z! I find that stupid because even though I'm not an animal expert I know there are a lot more animals then that. And what's even more messed up is he calls the book "The great big book of everything" If that's the great big book of everything the book should be A lot bigger. If that book knows everything Then What's the meaning of life? Are there aliens? What were they thinking when they thought of the name for that book? Shouldn't that book be called "the great big book of animals"? I don't know. And Stanley has a Mom and Dad and a Brother to.

Other: A lot of people my think that this show is educational they think the show is teaching kids about animals. Well I have one problem the animal desings are completely off! For example Clown fishes are orange and white right? Well in the show they picture clownfish as a fish in a clown suite. What were they thinking! Were they thinking kids don't know the color orange and white so they desisted to put a clown suite on a fish Instead of an orange and white fish? The animal designs aren't the only thing that's off the people are off to. E.g. the dad has ears on his neck. One of the characters has his/her nose between his/her eyes. It looks completely messed up. One time my sister told me "Why are their ears on their necks" And I did not know what to say. Final thoughts:
    This show is annoying; gives false facts, and looks weird next time you want your kids to learn about animals you should watch Animal Planet.

End of Review