Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

A Time to Stand (2)

Aired Weekdays 11:00 AM Sep 29, 1997 on Syndicado

• Another exciting installment in one of DS9's best stretches.

It's a testament to the strength of this 8-parter that "A Time to Stand" and "Rocks and Shoals" are NOT the strongest segments. You could almost call the Sisko portion "filler" in the sense that it doesn't absolutely advance the main part of the story - except it's so exciting.

I actually prefer the Odo-Kira arc a little better here. You get a very unsettling encounter between Kira and Dukat, with the latter at his creepiest. Quark gets a nice turn lecturing Odo and Kira, while Jake has an amusing encounter with Weyoun. But this is really about two protagonists - Kira and Odo - trying to straddle the line between resistance and collaboration.

Classic.
  • amaing

now, the dominon control deep space nine in the season and six episode story arc starter.finally in this episode deep space nine gets an admiral ( william ross )which added to the show to have a reoccuring admiral who would sisko go only so far.another cool thing is we got to FINALLY see a dominon war story begin to unfold which only ends with the conclussion of the series."A TIME TO STAND" did a great thing for me which is it took bashir and garak and started a comic relief between the two charaters.the greatest part of it all is we get to see our famous starfleet officers board a jem'hadar fighter,take it into dominon space and take out an entire kitracel white facility based on a asteroid rock in space.amazing!