Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Forums

Syndicado (ended 1999)

DS9 and Voyager

Hydra999

[1]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    I have only just recently started watching DS9. And I was wondering if Voyager and her crew appear on it. I think that they do because of this pic. This is a pic of Voyager docked on DS9. Can you people give me some help? Thanks Hydra999
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hoeech

[2]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 66
    Hydra999 wrote:
    I have only just recently started watching DS9. And I was wondering if Voyager and her crew appear on it. I think that they do because of this pic. This is a pic of Voyager docked on DS9. Can you people give me some help? Thanks Hydra999

Sorry. Voyager's series premiere had the ship docked at DS9 just before they went hunting the Maquis in the Badlands where they were hiding. It was while they were in there that Voyager and the Maquis ship they were chasing were pulled into the Delta Quadrant and started them on their reeeeeeeeaaaly long trip home.

As for DS9, the first season is kinda forgettable, the second season develops the characters a bit more and the third season starts to take off. By the fourth season (and the addition of a very grim and stern new Tactical Operations officer), the series defines itself as the best Star Trek series EVER!

agent_0042

[3]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 66
    Yeah, it's sort of the "handing over of the torch" kind of thing. They did the same thing for DS9 with Captain Picard / Locutus appearing in the premiere for it.

Hydra999

[4]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    Well thank you for everything. And I do not agree with you. Star Trek: Voyager is the best Star Trek ever

seto1

[5]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    Well voyager is a great show and i can see why anyone would choose it as their fav of all the star treks but DS9 is mine,then voyager but it was a close battle.

GuineaPirate

[6]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    Voyager is bar far the worst Star Trek series because it has a ******* female captain! Women cannot be captains. It is just not right! I refuse to watch that crap!

pferreira86

[7]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 18
    Voyager wasn't the best but it still had its fair share of great episodes.

cactusjack39

[8]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 30
    DS9 had by far the better storylines and also made you think deeply with its hidden lessons of morality and life in general.

bigcobra2000

[9]Apr 22, 2009
    They briefly show some of the voyager crew at Quarks on the voyager premiere. But if you've watched Voyager, it should seem obvious why the crew doesnt frequent DS9 often. lol

Batfreak99

[10]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 2

Voyager had a lot of potential but it didn't live up to any of it.

Deep Space Nine shouldn't even be compared to it since both shows are worlds apart in terms of quality.

JediSnoopy

[11]May 14, 2009
    • level: 13

Sorry, DS9 and Voyager are not of the same quality. Voyager had a great deal of potential that was wasted when they brought on Seven of Nine and forgot they had a first officer, a conn officer and, occassionally, a captain. If they'd tried to develop some of the other characters in the same way they did the DS9 cast, it would have been of the same quality. The cast deserved better.

But Enterprise takes the cake as the weakest series.

pferreira86

[12]May 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    JediSnoopy wrote:

Sorry, DS9 and Voyager are not of the same quality. Voyager had a great deal of potential that was wasted when they brought on Seven of Nine and forgot they had a first officer, a conn officer and, occassionally, a captain. If they'd tried to develop some of the other characters in the same way they did the DS9 cast, it would have been of the same quality. The cast deserved better.

But Enterprise takes the cake as the weakest series.

I understand what you mean about Voyager. The writers became lazy, relying too much on Seven of Nine and enough on other characters like Chakotay, Neelix and Tuvok. The writing in the later seasons was also very inconsistent.

huhabab

[13]May 18, 2009
    • level: 3

I planned to watch Voyager again, but after 2 months (and not that many episodes...) I gave up, I'm just angry about every single episode, they really knew how to ruin Star Trek with Voyager, the first time I watched Voyager on TV I never realized all that technobabble, but now it's just plain annoying, how lazy can writers be?

Well, I stopped with Voyager and am watching DS9 again...

ChipsTheButler

[14]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 9

GuineaPirate wrote:
    Voyager is bar far the worst Star Trek series because it has a ******* female captain! Women cannot be captains. It is just not right! I refuse to watch that crap!

I know! Women can't be trusted with responsibility. Did you know that in every Western country, women are allowed to drive? Not only that, they can vote! Imagine that- all that estrogen messing with their brains as they pick our national leaders! I won't stand for it!

umm... that was sarcasm, just in case someone takes it seriously.

NiallB31

[15]Jul 19, 2011

Everyone who has said something negative about Voyager needs there heads examined. Voyager is amazing. You need to watch it. Don't give up after one episode like you have all done. Season 4 and 5 are where Voyager really come into its own. So watch it and stop complaining about it. And if you don't like it don't watch or complain.