Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Forums

Syndicado (ended 1999)

DS9 Borg Questions?

mk335

[1]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 12
    Was there any other episodes other then The Emissary parts 1 & 2 where the Borg have a show on DS9 or where they are even mentioned.

Thanks in Advance
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 51
    No episodes featuring them, that I remember, would have to check back on any references though.

dont_refuse

[3]Mar 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    no. the borg did not make an apperance in ds9 outside of emissary.

most of the borg stuff is in voyager

2crour93

[4]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    The Borg were mentioned 4 times in conversation after 'Emissary'.

In 'The Storyteller', Sisko menioned how he felt after losing his wife to the Borg at Wolf 359.

In 'The Way of the Warrior', Worf talks to O'Brien about when they rescued Captain Picard from the Borg.

In 'For the Cause', Eddington compares Sisko and the Federation to the Borg.

In 'In Purgatory's Shadow' (I think), Sisko mentions the recent Borg attack on Earth (in reference to Star Trek: First Contact).

beowulf579

[5]Mar 14, 2006
    • level: 59
    I can't recall the ep, (the one with the mini-universe) but Sisko does think to himself about how he hated the way the Borg just destroyed whole civilizations without a care.

lobomensch

[6]Mar 14, 2006
    I believe that was "Playing God," from the second season.

bonefactory

[7]Apr 10, 2006
    • level: 16
    No Borg ep...I dont even consider the Pilot a borg ep since it was mainly stock footage when the Borg were shown. I personally admire DS9 for not dealing w/ the Borg. It gave the show charactor.

lobomensch

[8]Apr 13, 2006
    I agree with not showing the Borg adding to DS9's distinctiveness. Leave that to Voyager. At times, I found the Dominion an even bigger threat than the Borg because they were so much more committed to following through on fighting, than the Borg being solely committed to assimilation. The Borg weren't nearly as aggressive as the Dominion were.

bonefactory

[9]Apr 15, 2006
    • level: 16
    I agree, in fact I think Dominion is probably my favorite Star Trek villian

beowulf579

[10]Apr 15, 2006
    I think it was a good idea to leave the Borg out also. The only...only....Borg connection with DS9 could have been with the Dominion meeting up with them. Would think that the Dominion could defeat them like the Federation did. Well..not exactly the same but you know what I mean.

Best villian....Dukat.

Best Breakout Character; Garak

theanimal0

[11]May 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    I've read a few Deep Space Nine novels that take place after the series ends and the Defiant finds evidence of the Borg making incursions into Dominion space. It seems like it was meant to foreshadow events in later books but i haven't seen anyhting come out dealing with it.

TREKOBSESSION

[12]May 16, 2006
    • level: 2
    Don't hold me to this, but since I've seen every episode of Deep Space 9 more then a few time and as they do cut out some scenes now in syndication, for some reason an image of a scene keeps sticking in the back of my head where Weyoun does mention the Borg. I don't remember which episode and vaguely remember the entire scene, but if I were to hazard a guess it was during the episodes, when the dominion have retaken Deep Space 9 and Weyoun is in front of a computer terminal and ask someone about "this race" and the picture on the screen is that of a Borg.I don't remember who he asked or what the response was. I believe this scene has been cut since the episodes original showing.If anyone has the dvd's of these episodes, perhaps they may want to check it out.

GodEmperorJason

[13]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 4
    Wasn't it mentioned in the first episode with the Defiant that it was originally constructed to fight the Borg

sl1974

[14]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    When Sisko brought the Defiant to DS9 in "The Search (1)" he explained that it was a prototype built as a new class of ships to battle the Borg, but was put on hold because of the Borg threat lessening and several design flaws.

alex20020712

[15]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 7
    sl1974 wrote:
    but was put on hold because of the Borg threat lessening and several design flaws.

When did the Borg become less of a threat? Oh, Voyager. Never mind.

beowulf579

[16]Jun 24, 2006
    Well, the Borg was always so random with their attacks. Now enemies like the Dominion and such were right there. So, one could prepare for a random enemy or one on their doorstep.

alex20020712

[17]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 7

beowulf579 wrote:
    Well, the Borg was always so random with their attacks. Now enemies like the Dominion and such were right there. So, one could prepare for a random enemy or one on their doorstep.

That is true. However, other enemies, even the Dominion, were interested in conquest, not in eliminating entire races. With other enemies, there are always strategies. The Borg (before they were domesticated by the Voyager writers) were simply unstoppable.

beowulf579

[18]Jun 25, 2006
    I agree, the Borg was much more powerful before getting snipped by the Voyager writers. The Borg strategy was always so simple though. Attack Sector 001 and begin assimilation of humanity.
    From the spotty territory the Borg had in the Delta Quadrant it is concievable that the Borg would have just assimilated the Federation and none of the surrounding powers (for a while at least). The Dominion was bent on conquest of all Alpha Quadrant Powers.

Hmmmm, I wonder what tricks Section 31 might have for the Borg.

TREKOBSESSION

[19]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 2

I would have preferred for the Dominion to have brought the Federation the brink of defeat and just when the Dominion had thought they had conquered the alpha quadrant, "Q" shows up saying "Sorry I'm late for the party, but now that I'm here, I've decided to bring along a few friends" and the scene would cut to Weyoun and the Founder looking out the view screen to see a fleet of Borg ships arriving and telling the Dominion to prepare to be assimilated. Yeah, the would have been cool!

beowulf579

[20]Jul 13, 2006
    In another thread...I talked about the first Bajorian/Federation starship. One of the ideas I always thought was good, was the Borg invading Dominion space. this would be after the Dominion War. I think that 1000+ Dominion ships could take out a Borg cube or two.

Of course though, the Borg probally have a unfair advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if the Borg hasn't assimulated a few starfleet officers with a bit of knowledge on the Dominion.