Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Forums

Syndicado (ended 1999)

Ezri Dax

DoctorShade

[1]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 28

If you haven't seen the whole ST: DS9 and ST: TNG series this thread contains spoliers.

What were your thoughts on Ezri Dax, did she replace Jadzeia well? Did you like her or dislike her.

I liked Ezri myself, but I liked Jadzeia a lot more.

Another question, At the end of Star Trek The Next Generation, Worf was on a date with Diana Troy, did there relationship happen before or after Worf's relationship with Jadzeia Dax.

Edited on 08/03/2006 12:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SupremeLegate

[2]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 13
    I think Ezri was an alright character, but I think that they should not have introduced another dax host/character. I kind think that it chepend the death of Jaxzia.

As for the Word Troi thing, I can only assume that it was over by the time Generations came out, Becuase there did not seem to be anything in it to suggest otherwise, but either way it was over by the time Worf was assinged to DS9.

DoctorShade

[3]Aug 3, 2006
    SupremeLegate wrote:
    I think Ezri was an alright character, but I think that they should not have introduced another dax host/character. I kind think that it chepend the death of Jaxzia.

As for the Word Troi thing, I can only assume that it was over by the time Generations came out, Becuase there did not seem to be anything in it to suggest otherwise, but either way it was over by the time Worf was assinged to DS9.

Yeah, Ezri is great and everything but they just should of had the symbeant (sp?) be transfered to someone who decided to not to live on DS9 that we never see.

I have to say I never really liked the Worf/Diana couple, I liked the Worf/Jadzia couple better.

lobomensch

[4]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 51
    The Worf/Deanna couple was a stupid idea from the start. People that polar opposite of each other never get together, despite what soap writers want people to believe. I refuse to believe for one moment that a mild-mannered empath would set up house with someone with violent moods and a simmering temper, and be exposed to that on a daily basis.

beowulf579

[5]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 59
    I like the Ezri character. It showed that the host to Dax doesn't become Dax per say. Ezri was unsure about herself...had ideas that really went 180 compared to Jadzia and Curzon.

Besides...gave Bashir his second chance. And I liked the Ezri/Bashir pairing better than I would have liked a Jadzia/Bashir pairing.

Riamundo

[6]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 2
    I liked where the writers took the Ezri character, and I loved that Julian ended up with her, but I never really liked her as a character.
    Edited on 08/04/2006 11:42am

beowulf579

[7]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 59
    Oh....and Ezri in the waitress outfit..whats not to love. Ok...chauvinistic moment is past..lol. But I am right though on it.

MeliKoritsi

[8]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    I liked Ezri. Don't get me wrong, I loved the character of Jadzia, but Ezri showed a whole new facet of Dax. She was more sensitive, and she was weak where Jadzia was wrong. It added a lot of depth to the show, and I wish we could have seen more of her.

Riamundo

[9]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 2
    MeliKoritsi wrote:
    I liked Ezri. Don't get me wrong, I loved the character of Jadzia, but Ezri showed a whole new facet of Dax. She was more sensitive, and she was weak where Jadzia was wrong. It added a lot of depth to the show, and I wish we could have seen more of her.

I can see where you're coming from there, but if they were going to bring her in, I wish they had done it sooner. The entire seventh season ended up being about Ezri and finding herself. It kinda took focus off the war.

SRP76

[10]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 10
    I always preferred Ezri to Jadzia.

To me, the Jadzia character was pretty wooden; even when she would seemingly "loosen up", she still seemed stiff.

I always prefer "regular people" characters to the "upright, serious" types, and Ezri seemed like a far more natural character to me.

RE4FreakOut

[11]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 1

I liked Jadzia waaayyy better than Ezri. I forgot, what happened to Jadzia?

lobomensch

[12]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 51
    She croaked courtesy of Dukat.

nuclearbandito

[13]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 17
    I liked Ezri. She was hotter than Jadzia.

TimDrakeRobin

[14]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 26

I loved Jadzia, but I liked Ezri too.  With a show with this many dark, broody &/or shady characters, Ezri helped lighten everything up.

DoctorShade wrote:
    Another question, At the end of Star Trek The Next Generation, Worf was on a date with Diana Troy, did there relationship happen before or after Worf's relationship with Jadzeia Dax.
    Go read the TNG book "Triangle: Imzadi 2".  I picks up after 'Generations' and covers the whole Troi/Worf break-up, and ends with Worf going to Borath before he went to DS9 for 'Way of the Warrior'.

DoctorShade

[15]Aug 11, 2006
    MeliKoritsi wrote:

I agree completely, I think that if they ever made another spin off of Star Trek it should some how involve Ezri as one of the main characters.

fluterITM

[16]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    I haven't seen all that many episodes with Ezri, but I like her okay from what I've seen. So far I still like Jadzia better though. And can I just say here that I thought the way she got killed was just awful. She didn't even get a chance to fight back. I hate that.

DoctorShade

[17]Aug 27, 2006
    TimDrakeRobin wrote:

I loved Jadzia, but I liked Ezri too.  With a show with this many dark, broody &/or shady characters, Ezri helped lighten everything up.

DoctorShade wrote:
    Go read the TNG book "Triangle: Imzadi 2".  I picks up after 'Generations' and covers the whole Troi/Worf break-up, and ends with Worf going to Borath before he went to DS9 for 'Way of the Warrior'.

Thanks for the information, I don't usually read Star Trek books though. It seemed inevitable that they would break up anyway, the Riker/Troi couple is too good. I know in insurection they began to get back together Riker and Troi I mean.

One thing that always botherd me about The Movie Star Trek Insurection is that why are all the Next Generation characters wearing DS9 uniforms?

TimDrakeRobin

[18]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 26
    Originally the uniforms distinguished where a person worked.  Starship or planetary based crew had TNG, starbases had DS9.  By the time of 'Generations' they had been absorbed together so that anybody could wear whatever because they were still SF uniforms.  By Voyager, DS9 uniforms had become the standard.  When 'First Contact' got new uniforms, it was incorporated on DS9.

DoctorShade

[19]Aug 31, 2006
    TimDrakeRobin wrote:
    Originally the uniforms distinguished where a person worked.  Starship or planetary based crew had TNG, starbases had DS9.  By the time of 'Generations' they had been absorbed together so that anybody could wear whatever because they were still SF uniforms.  By Voyager, DS9 uniforms had become the standard.  When 'First Contact' got new uniforms, it was incorporated on DS9.

Oh, I see. Personally I like the uniforms they wear in Star Trek: Voyager the bested and I would have liked that to become the standard. Actually it might have been better for everyone to just keep there original uniforms, captain picard looked a little strange in that DS9 uniform and so did the rest of the Enterprise crew, the only one who looked natural in it was Worf because I got used to him wearing it from DS9.

starjedi05

[20]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 21
    i think that Jadzia is better